Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Toni Collette: Nielsen-box POISON!

Her new series "Hostages" tanks in the ratings. Half the audience of "The Blacklist" on NBC.

This after "United States of Tara" died a premature death.

What's next for TC? Back to Australia?

by R. Griffithsreply 1809/25/2013

Life cannot always be as good as Dancing Queen.

by R. Griffithsreply 109/25/2013

The United States of Tara had some potential, but was too over the top.

by R. Griffithsreply 209/25/2013

Rachel is a good friend of Toni. Why would some evil DataLounge queen think she's against her? Toni Collette is an excellent actress. If this doesn't work for her, something else will. BTW Dermot's in this one too. Maybe he is the poison?

by R. Griffithsreply 309/25/2013

[quote]BTW Dermot's in this one too. Maybe he is the poison?

That's McDermott, dumbass.

by R. Griffithsreply 409/25/2013

McDermott ISN'T the problem - look how well American Horror Story has done.

It's the script - badly done, no suspense.

Toni isn't well cast here either.

by R. Griffithsreply 509/25/2013

Too bad it was canceled by the Kenyan army, R6.

by R. Griffithsreply 709/25/2013

I think the premiseof the show is just too ridiculous for words!

by R. Griffithsreply 809/25/2013

I enjoyed the pilot. Let's see how it goes.

It is only 15 episodes. Can it be worse than Under the Dome?

by R. Griffithsreply 909/25/2013

Toni Collette is a great actress, but she's never really connected with audiences. But I think the main problem with Hostages is that it doesn't look very interesting.

It seems that CBS is losing a bit of it's stronghold on the ratings.

by R. Griffithsreply 1009/25/2013

This show is just awful-- so bad I couldn't even get thru the first half hour. The family is disconnected, self absorbed, and over privileged. The children, and the son in particular, are especially obnoxious. By the time the terrorists showed up I was hoping for a massacre. I like Toni Collette but not enough to put up with this boring garbage.

by R. Griffithsreply 1109/25/2013

That's the whole point of the show. The family is made up by a bunch of nasty people. Toni Collette's character will have a love affair will McDermott in later episodes.

by R. Griffithsreply 1209/25/2013

I wondered how they planned to sustain the story for a whole season, let alone five. Or do they not even try for that anymore? What, they force her to kill a new White House member every season? How much surgery can one woman do?

by R. Griffithsreply 1309/25/2013

R12 later episodes? lol, not sure it's going to happen, it's on CBS and unlike other networks they don't have patience, if the ratings doesn't improve, it will be axed very soon.

by R. Griffithsreply 1409/25/2013

How is the obnoxiousness of the family supposed to be the point of the show, r12? Is this some kind of redemption story arc?

by R. Griffithsreply 1509/25/2013

BUMP

by R. Griffithsreply 1609/25/2013

Maybe Toni should try Broadway, even though her adventure with Mandy Potemkin left her with a sour taste. She can be quite good, and given the right property she might become a first-class Broadway leading lady.

by R. Griffithsreply 1709/25/2013

[quote] This after "United States of Tara" died a premature death.

Garbage gets taken out regularly, and usually quicker than that particular overstuffed, dripping, stinking sack of shit.

Diablo Cody is poison. It was evident to anyone with a brain that she was a flash in the pan.

by R. Griffithsreply 1809/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.