Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I already love it just because Gunn from Angel is in this!

by Anonymousreply 22703/10/2015

by Anonymousreply 109/24/2013

I wonder if Cobie will become a series regular since it's the last season of HIMYM?

by Anonymousreply 209/24/2013

Ming-na Wen!!

by Anonymousreply 509/24/2013

Or is it just Ming-na, R5?

by Anonymousreply 609/24/2013

Have any of the male cast been shown stripped to the waist?

by Anonymousreply 709/24/2013

Would love to see Clark Gregg stripped to the waist. Always thought he was fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 809/24/2013

It's great. Joss Whedon has the magic touch.

Can't wait for Thor 2!

by Anonymousreply 909/24/2013

It's not bad but I'm going to need to see more in the way of personality from the agents if I'm going to stick with it. So far, they all seem rather bland.

by Anonymousreply 1009/24/2013

Gunn -- I knew the actor seemed familiar.

Not bad, but the agents do seem to blur together. They all kind of look alike. That could simply be a pilot first episode thing, but I think the cast might be a little too large.

by Anonymousreply 1109/24/2013

Yeah, always give Whedon shows a couple of episodes... they always gel eventually.

by Anonymousreply 1209/24/2013

I tried to watch this but it was just too cornball. Couldn't take it.

by Anonymousreply 1309/24/2013

tepid! it will be cancelled soon.

by Anonymousreply 1409/24/2013

Where are the vampires? Come on, Joss!!

by Anonymousreply 1509/24/2013

There are no words for how cheesy and ridiculous this show was.

by Anonymousreply 1609/24/2013

Whatever. It was fun.

by Anonymousreply 1709/24/2013

Is Joss actually writing it? I know he's not acting as showrunner. His brother and someone else are doing that.

by Anonymousreply 1809/25/2013

"celebrated in the NY Times for it's inclusiveness"

At leas't that write'r will kno'w punctuatio'n 101, unlike yo'u.

by Anonymousreply 2009/25/2013

Solid burn, R20.

by Anonymousreply 2109/25/2013

Hey, at least it has Mulan kicking ass. Love Ming-Na

by Anonymousreply 2209/25/2013

gee...Ming Na hasn't aged one bit since ER, she looks incredible!

by Anonymousreply 2309/25/2013

Will the other Marvel super heroes make guest appearances?

by Anonymousreply 2409/25/2013

[quote]The only black character in the show is an unemployed man who

Also Ron Glass (Barney Miller) who plays a scientist.

by Anonymousreply 2509/25/2013

I thought it was super generic.

by Anonymousreply 2609/25/2013

Nearly 12 million people watched last night. More, if you count DVR viewings over the next few days.

Ratings are good for the premier... it'll be interesting to see where things settle out after a couple of more episodes.

by Anonymousreply 2709/25/2013

Kinda bleh. I'm not the audience for this comic book shit.

by Anonymousreply 2809/25/2013

The premiere wasn't the best but I think there is a lot of potential there. I'm more than happy to give it a few episodes to really flesh itself out and hopefully it's current giant audience will also.

by Anonymousreply 2909/25/2013

I thought it was good, not great. Loved Agents Colson and Hill. Hope Cobie Mulders becomes a series regular when How I Met Your Mother wraps. The rest of the cast was OK. Hopefully this show finds some solid footing and does a better job distinguishing the Agents.

by Anonymousreply 3009/25/2013

The show seemed VERY satisfied with itself. I half-expected everyone to look at the camera and wink at the end.

by Anonymousreply 3109/25/2013

[bold]The Biggest Unanswered Questions from the Agents of SHIELD Pilot[/bold]

Last night, Agents of SHIELD brought the Marvel Cinematic Universe to the small screen. The over-arching theme of the SHIELD pilot? Phil Coulson is cool. And quirky. We watched him assemble his team of misfits, but we were left with a bunch of huge unanswered questions.

Spoilers ahead...

(see link)

by Anonymousreply 3209/25/2013

How long til Amy Acker fucks her way onto the show?

by Anonymousreply 3309/25/2013

[quote]terrifies honkies with his incredible strength and has to be quelled by a cast lily white professionals.

The montage of white people smiling at themselves and each other at this part was so stunningly cringe-worthy.

by Anonymousreply 3409/25/2013

Really? Race was never brought up at all in the premiere. While I'd like the shield team to be more diverse(and I think J August Richards should have a real role going forward) I think you R19 and R34 are trying to find things that aren't there.

by Anonymousreply 3509/25/2013

Do you not have eyeballs r35? They don't have to all stand around saying "I'm white", "Me too!", "Ditto!", "I'm black...", for one to notice racial dynamics at work in the story.

by Anonymousreply 3609/25/2013

So characters who are emotionally damaged and need to be rescued should never be played by black actors? Or is the issue that he was rescued by white characters? What if the black man had been rescued by a group of Latinos and Asians? Would it have been okay for the white people to rescue an Arab?

I imagine it's hard enough for black actors to land decent roles in Hollywood without having to eliminate any job where they might be perceived as weaker than anyone else on screen. There's only so many slots for judges, head surgeons and presidents to fill.

by Anonymousreply 3709/25/2013

I agree with R37, and I didn't notice "racial dynamics" I noticed character dynamics because to me a character doesn't revolve around their race. The only thing I noticed, like I noted, was it would be nice for the shield team/the main cast to not be so heavily white.

And for the record, I happen to be black.

by Anonymousreply 3809/25/2013

Is the actress who plays the computer expert (the one who first saw J. August Richards use his powers at the beginning of the episode) a Latina? I honestly could not tell.

I did not think race played a part in the writing of the characters, but do think the casting of the main characters could certainly have been more diverse (J. August Richards should have been cast as one of the main team members instead of in a one-shot guest role).

by Anonymousreply 3909/25/2013

I think the issue, R37, is that this has been a consistent problem with Joss Whedon's work. And it wouldn't be so obvious and offensive if he wasn't so self-righteous and preachy in his message of inclusion. He empowers women, so long as those women are white and under 100 lbs. He supports LGBT people, so long as they are femme sexy lesbians scissor-fucking. And he promotes diversity, just as long as they fit typical racial roles i.e. Gunn (also played by J. August Richards) who only stopped being the "muscle" on Angel because they implanted a chip in his head to make up for his lack of education and intelligence.

I think he's a good writer and I do like his other shows. I just think if he's going to take up the mantle of being a Social Justice Warrior, he needs to practice what he preaches, and stop acting like a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 4009/26/2013

None of your specific observations are inaccurate, R40. But if we're going to condemn Whedon as a hypocrite for failing to illustrate the entire spectrum of minority identity, LGBT manifestation, and human body shapes in his work; it would be nice to hear an example of someone who has. Not Alfred Hitchcock, or Spike Lee, or Akira Kurosawa, or Ingmar Bergman, or J.J. Abrams, or Martin Scorsese can say any person on the planet can watch their body of work and feel they saw someone who looked just like them.

I get that it sucks to never see yourself represented in media. But it seems unfair to condemn any creator who doesn't address your specific needs. Rest assured that whoever the writers are that you think are batting a thousand on minority inclusion are getting their asses ripped by some person who feels excluded in their work. That hardly makes those writers hypocrites for telling their own stories.

All of that aside, you can rest assured that the racial and gender ratios of this show's cast were the subject of many meetings and memos within Disney. And they're looking at worldwide marketing, not just America. Ming-Na was a much more calculated bit of casting than J. August Richards.

by Anonymousreply 4109/26/2013

Girls girls GIRLS!

You're BOTH boring the shit out of us.

Can't you go check your privilege at the Jezebel comments section, where anyone gives a shit?

by Anonymousreply 4209/26/2013

Excellent points, R40, and very well made.

All of that said, the problem for me is that even if they felt the need to go all (or mostly) white for the main cast, they still should've worked harder to find actors who aren't as bland as this group. With the exception of lead Clark Gregg and Ming-Na, none of them appeal in the least.

by Anonymousreply 4309/26/2013

Watching the second episode right now and I'm bored. Don't like anyone but Gregg and Ming-Na ("I'm FIFTY!") Wen and it doesn't feel like it is in The Avengers universe at all, even if they did mention "Asgardians"...

I just seems so GENERIC. I could be watching A-Team or NCIS...

by Anonymousreply 4410/01/2013

R44, it'll find its feet in a few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 4510/01/2013

I agree with R43. I'm already bored and the characters are all totally cookie cutter. It actually reminds me of the Charlie's Angels remake from a few years ago, which was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 4610/01/2013

Just said in another thread I think this is going to end up canceled by season's end. The characters are bland (and about half of them are completely fucking useless when all the bad stuff really starts to go down) and the storytelling is DOA. If R45 is right and it's "going to find its feet," it better do so fast.

by Anonymousreply 4710/01/2013

I'm surprised that other posters are calling the show boring because that's exactly what I was going to post. Tonight's episode is a chore to get through. At least there's Sleepy Hollow which has been a nice surprise.

by Anonymousreply 4810/01/2013

Loved the first episode, but agree the second was tedious.

However, it's still establishing things and I'm willing to give it a chance to find itself.

I've been rewarded before... Dollhouse was a chore to get through but by episode 6 and 7 it really took off and I loved it.

And the final minute of this episode was MOTHERFUCKING awesome. You know what I mean if you stuck around for it.

by Anonymousreply 5010/01/2013

Why was it awesome? So Samuel L. Jackson showed up for two seconds of screentime. Big deal. It just felt like a shameless attempt to district from the fact that the first 59 minutes sucked.

by Anonymousreply 5110/01/2013

Will actual Marvel superheroes ever appear on the show, in a righteous costume? No more half-assed flight suits and no masks!

by Anonymousreply 5210/01/2013

The write-up for this weeks' episode, written by someone who liked it a whole lot better than I did (though I cut it some slack for just getting some of the 'establishment' out of the way, and hopefully we'll be on to more interesting things soon)

by Anonymousreply 5310/02/2013

If the network hoped to avoid the usual post-premiere ratings drop, well, that didn’t happen. S.H.I.E.L.D. delivered 8.4 million viewers and a 3.1 rating among adults 18-49 — still utterly triumphant for a 8 p.m., yet down a sharp 34 percent from last week’s record-setting premiere.

by Anonymousreply 5410/02/2013

Is it just me, or was the pilot for ALIAS about three times better than SHIELD?

by Anonymousreply 5510/02/2013

Why Marvel's "Agents of SHIELD" Isn't Totally Super:

by Anonymousreply 5610/02/2013

I liked it. Yeah, the crew is rather bland but I did like Centipede and I hope he sticks around a while.

Maybe because I had/have no expectations of it, I can't really complain. For a non-geek like me it was entertaining. *shrug*

by Anonymousreply 5710/02/2013

It feels like an hour-long sidebar teaser for the films.

"We found a hammer."

Cut to commercial for "Thor."

Oh, and back to racism: Look, the sexy Latina guerrilla is also a flirtatious nemesis!

by Anonymousreply 5810/02/2013

The issue with it is the tag line. They keep promising the wildest ride of your life but then never deliver. Oh look a tesseract object. Oh look another one. The Rising Tide is too unknown to be a valid enemy. They need a clear evil organization to fight these objects for and some great master plan story arc that is revealed episode by episode. They don't need super heroes, they just need someone to fight.

by Anonymousreply 5910/03/2013

R59, all those things will come I think. Most Whedon shows start out with disjointed "McGuffin of the week" establishing stores. Seeds are being planted. Things will gel soon, and then take off from there.

by Anonymousreply 6010/03/2013

R59 I hope so! Right now it's OK -- not great, not bad. It's got a lot to live up to in terms of expectations. My favorite moment of Episode 2 was the exchange between Colson and Sgt. Fury. I love the cameos but this TV show is not The Avengers so it needs to find its own footing.

by Anonymousreply 6110/05/2013

Any better tonight?

by Anonymousreply 6210/08/2013

I'm giving this series three more shows to engage me.

The only reason I'm giving it that many, is it took "DollHouse" that many episodes before it stopped being meh, and started being great.

So... come on, SHIELD. Let's start being better.

by Anonymousreply 6310/08/2013

Tonight was better.

A whiff of Buffy with the monkeys bit.

I am giving it a chance...

by Anonymousreply 6410/09/2013

The latest episode was better. The episode as a whole just flowed well and the plot of the week was done better. First episode that I actually enjoyed watching.

I'm holding out hope.

by Anonymousreply 6510/09/2013

There was some cool espionage stuff and the secret origin of a Marvel villain to boot.

by Anonymousreply 6610/09/2013

Next week's episode looks pretty exciting.

by Anonymousreply 6710/09/2013

This thing is just shedding viewers.

I wonder how Joss Whedon and his persecution complex will spin this.

by Anonymousreply 6810/10/2013

Watching this show....I'm starting to give up on Joss Whedon. It seems the other producers of Buffy have gone on to make much better TV shows. I fear the brilliance of Buffy was from those people. Not Joss.

by Anonymousreply 6910/11/2013

You do realize that Joss isn't the showrunner on Agents of Shield? He is involved of course, but his brother is actually the point man running things.

by Anonymousreply 7010/11/2013

The graviton origin was cool, lets them pull out a villain for any future movie. It needs more tie in to marvel weekly and like I said a super bad guy or organization to fight against week to week.

by Anonymousreply 7110/11/2013

The show was just picked up for a full 22 episode season.

by Anonymousreply 7210/11/2013

I watch this show for Agent Coulson. I hate that girl, Skye. The two geeks are adorable and that Asian woman is okay.

by Anonymousreply 7310/13/2013

[quote]I watch this show for Agent Coulson.

Me, too. I want to fuck Clark Gregg senseless.

by Anonymousreply 7410/13/2013

This show is just so overwhelmingly cheap looking. It's got the same fake, day-glo, plasticky sheen as other ABC cheesefests like Ugly Betty and Pushing Daisies. Am I supposed to give a ratfuck about any of these characters? Because I don't. Another show to delete from the TiVO.

by Anonymousreply 7510/13/2013

[quote]Am I supposed to give a ratfuck about any of these characters? Because I don't.

r75 Tv is for entertainment and not giving 'fucks'. Don't watch if you don't like. No one has a gun to your head.

by Anonymousreply 7610/13/2013

Disney owns Marvel - and ABC. "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." will be around for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 7710/14/2013

Watched tonight's episode and though it was certainly an improvement over previous weeks, I still have to say (at the risk of being a broken record) that the problem with this show is that half the team is fucking worthless. (They get attacked and as usual have to be rescued by someone else.) If the producers were smart, they'd jettison the egghead nerds who bring absolutely NOTHING to the show and make the tough-ass black chick who was the villain tonight a regular cast member. She would be truly what this show needs and a big step in the right direction.

They could keep the egghead nerds but only to supply the team with their gadgets but otherwise in the background, not on the main team.

by Anonymousreply 7810/15/2013

I actually agree with you, R78.

Hopefully the show "finds its feet" soon. It's still damn wobbly.

But tonight's episode was a definite step in the right direction.

by Anonymousreply 7910/16/2013

The Internet buzz is that Coulson, who allegedly died in "The Avengers," is really a robot.

by Anonymousreply 8010/16/2013

I'm confused by anyone who would think "half the team is worthless." Did you not watch Buffy or Firefly? Would you call Xander and Willow worthless? Or would you agree, like any fan would, that they were the heart of the show and essential, even though they couldn't fight and kick like Buffy? What a strange opinion, and what a boring show it would be to watch seven super-powered ass kickers on the field.

by Anonymousreply 8110/16/2013

[quote]Would you call Xander and Willow worthless? Or would you agree, like any fan would, that they were the heart of the show and essential, even though they couldn't fight and kick like Buffy?

Willow was a witch. She had powers. The only one on the team who had no powers of his own (and he often felt unworthy compared to the others as a result) was Xander.

[quote]What a strange opinion, and what a boring show it would be to watch seven super-powered ass kickers on the field.

Actually, R81, I would counter that yours is the strange opinion. Why shouldn't the Agents of SHIELD all be super-powered ass kickers? Not only would it make for a vastly more exciting hour of TV, it would also just make a heckuva lot more sense. When the Navy SEALS go out on a mission, I think it's safe to say each and every one of them is trained for defending their own lives if necessary and wouldn't become a quivering mass of nerves waiting for the other SEALS to come to their rescue. Plus, I'm willing to bet the folks who make their weapons stay behind at HQ where they belong, not sent into the field of battle where they would just get in the way. And yes, I know we're talking real life versus a TV show, but it does make my point that the eggheads being on the team and not carrying their weight when the shit starts to go down makes them pretty much just a nuisance and in the way. (I don't think fans of the Justice League would have wanted Batman on the team either if he always had to be saved by Superman or Aquaman.)

We can agree to respectfully disagree with one another, R81 (it's just a TV show), but I do stick to my opinion. This doesn't mean I want to see the two young actors lose their jobs; rather, let their characters work from HQ (i.e., far from the field of battle) but get some more kick-ass motherfuckers for the team. Not only would it make more sense, it would make the viewers still hanging in waiting for this show to catch fire happy to know they didn't waste their time.

by Anonymousreply 8210/16/2013

[quote]Willow was a witch

Willow *became* a witch, slowly, over time. In the early seasons, her use of magic was the equivalent of being a tech geek. Only in season 4 did she manifest any real powers. Her use of magic against Glory was interesting but (thankfully) did not save the day. And her powers increased vastly after that, but probably to the detriment of the show, unless you consider 6 and 7 that great (I don't).

[quote]Why shouldn't the Agents of SHIELD all be super-powered ass kickers?

Because a team with different abilities and personalities is more relatable, interesting, and gives you more places to go story-wise. Again, did Xander bore you? Giles? Tara? Willow? How about on Firefly: were you annoyed by Wash, Inara, Callie, the doctor? (I will grant you Book as annoying, holy shit.) They didn't kick ass, they were characters with different abilities who formed a team, and a reluctant family. TV shows aren't video games. Action set pieces can only get you so far. There are only so many asses to be kicked.

I feel like I am listening to kids write their own comic books, giving their heroes too many powers. Sounds cool, but way less cool in practice. Not trying to be mean or kick up dirt like some of the nutty fans have been doing in TV threads here lately, making them semi-unreadable.

by Anonymousreply 8310/16/2013

[quote]Why shouldn't the Agents of SHIELD all be super-powered ass kickers?

Which one ISN'T a kick-ass in their own way?

You have two super agents (fighting, stealth, weaponry, highly trained), and three super-geeks that can tackle just about any technological challenge, from biological to hardware to hacking.

by Anonymousreply 8410/16/2013

Write-up of this week's episode:

[bold]Agents of SHIELD is feeling more like Alias... thank goodness[/bold]

Last night's episode of Agents of SHIELD was the first time this show really felt like it was "clicking," in terms of the characters and the storytelling. And I think it's a matter of this show finding its proper genre: It's not a superhero show, it's a spy show.

Spoilers ahead...

by Anonymousreply 8510/16/2013

R81, you don't have to worry about coming off mean; quite the contrary, you make a very eloquent argument about your thinking on this subject. And though I still stand by my opinion, I think I need to make an adjustment to the way I'm presenting it.

I in no way mean to suggest that every character on every TV show of this nature has to be some overblown, ass-kicking machine; far from it. What I'm saying is, for the premise of a series like Agents of SHIELD, it just makes more sense that each team member be equipped for self-survival. To have people on the team who, when faced with mortal danger, are not able to set aside their primary function of tech geek, physician, or whatever and fight when necessary just makes no sense. Melinda May flies the plane but she can also kick a motherfucker's ass if circumstances call for it -- why should Fitz and Simmons be any different? And though the comparison to Willow, Tara, Giles, et al is an interesting one, there's one very important point I think you are missing: all of those characters, including Buffy herself, were supposed to be just regular, everyday, ordinary people who by circumstances beyond their control become involved in life-or-death matters of the extraordinary; the characters on SHIELD, however, are supposed to be highly-trained professionals whose primary mission is to save the planet from the forces of evil on a daily basis, so you mean to tell me, knowing these people would be facing danger at any moment, TPTB only trained a few of them in hand-to-hand combat? Sorry but that makes no sense. Techno geek or pilot, captain or cook, no matter the official job title, as a member of the SHIELD they should all know how to protect themselves at any given moment. (In the second episode when their plane was under attack by invaders from the inside and three of them had to do all the fighting while the other three did nothing, that was when I first thought damn, those bitches are worthless.)

This discussion could no doubt go on and on and I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me and that's cool. Despite all this, I'm still hanging in and giving the show a chance to grow (I liked the linked article at R85). Who knows what these characters will be down the road and heck, maybe a year from now I'll be posting how I want more Fitz and Simmons. You just never know (being madly in love with sexy-ass Clark Gregg helps, too).

by Anonymousreply 8610/16/2013

Austin Nichols is going to debut. Not sure if he'll be a regular guest start or starring in only 1 episode. Skye and Austin already bearded before the announcement.

by Anonymousreply 8710/21/2013

I think I'm gonna Netflix this when it becomes available. From what I've seen, I think this show would be better viewed as a marathon instead of weekly. This way the shitty episodes don't stand out as much.

by Anonymousreply 8810/22/2013

Maybe it's the black jumpsuit, but Ming-Na's character brings to mind Diana Rigg's incomparable Mrs. Emma Peel from "The Avengers" of the 1960s.

by Anonymousreply 8910/22/2013

I've only seen the pilot so far, but I was getting Torchwood vibes.

by Anonymousreply 9010/22/2013

I was hoping this would evolve to be more like 'Heroes'.

by Anonymousreply 9110/22/2013

Is it me or this show getting shittier and shittier with each new episode?

How can the dumpy CW get it so right with Arrow, yet Disney/ABC can screw up a sure thing that basically had a multi-billion dollar film as a launchpad?

by Anonymousreply 9210/23/2013

Next week: a re-run.

by Anonymousreply 9310/23/2013

I want Clark Gregg inside me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 9410/23/2013

I really enjoyed Austin's character. He was hot. If he were to stay a regular, I'd be very supportive of this show.

by Anonymousreply 9510/23/2013

Ratings keep dropping.

by Anonymousreply 9610/23/2013

They should make David Conrad a series regular. That would definitely keep me as a viewer.

by Anonymousreply 9710/23/2013

[quote]Ratings keep dropping.

I can see why. Strong pilot and then a steady move downhill. This week's episode was practically unwatchable.

Give Ming-Na superpowers and let her kick ass already, not fly a fucking plane.

by Anonymousreply 9810/23/2013

R98, I totally agree.

by Anonymousreply 9910/23/2013

They need more super powered beings on the show. I bet that's what all the people who watched the premiere where expecting.

by Anonymousreply 10010/24/2013

The girl who plays Skye is Asian-American FYI.

by Anonymousreply 10210/24/2013

Technically she's a hapa.

by Anonymousreply 10310/24/2013

Had to google Hapa. So is she from Hawaii or California?

I actually liked this weeks episode. R101 is right. AOS is the perfect vehicle to introduce and nurture low-tier Marvel/Avengers characters.

Spider Woman and Luke Cage would be perfect in this.

More so Spider Woman. There is no way Spider Man will be in the Avengers movie since the character is tied up with Sony. She actually worked for SHIELD and it will be a perfect way to introduce HYDRA.

by Anonymousreply 10410/24/2013

I keep hoping it'll get better. But these are my main issues...

1) Skye. She's the center of the show apparently, and she's just awful. Bad casting here.

2) To this day, I can't remember the names of most of the other characters. The lead guy who doesn't play well with others? No clue. Ming Na? Love her to death (one of only two characters I like, the other being Agent Coulson) but I have no idea what her character's name is. The two science geeks? I know it's something like Fitzpatrick or Fitzgibbons or something stupid like that... but no idea which is "Fitz" and which is the other one. The characters just leave no real impact.

3) So many missed opportunities...

4) Such BAD effects. They need a new effects team, stat.

5) So far, only two episodes that I actually liked that were actually interesting without being silly or stupid or ridiculous or boring... the premiere and the one about the camera in the eye.

I hope they can pull this out of the gutter. It's just really disappointing right now.

by Anonymousreply 10511/01/2013

This show looks cheap, which is unforgivable when it's supposed to exist in the same universe as the Iron Man films and The Avengers. This does not look like the same organisation that could afford a helicarrier!

Coulson's characterisation is... off. I don't know how to explain it more than that but he feels wrong somehow, and I'm not talking about the whole spear through the chest shenanigans.

The rest of the characters are boring tropes. I expect more from Whedon.

And if you're not going to be the slick unit we saw in The Avengers then, for the love of Odin, stop fucking mentioning stuff from the movies. You're just reminding us that there are better options out there if we want to see more expensive, better acted super heroes.

by Anonymousreply 10611/01/2013

The November 16th episode will be a sequel of sorts to the Thor 2 movie. Well, more like it'll have some tie-in references that take place after the events in the movie.

So yeah, there's going to be a lot more tie-ins and references to remind us ...

by Anonymousreply 10711/02/2013

R105 Exact same problem that happened with "Dollhouse"- every other character and actor was more interesting than Eliza Dushku -Sierra, November. Can't evrn remember Dushku's code name - echo?

Skye Bennet (Skynet, hu hu) is charisma-free, unbelievable in behavior and motivation. Looks like they're starting to address this via a mystery with her past shouldn't have come to that.

Also, "Sleepy Hollow" and "Arrow" are doing more with less to worl with.

by Anonymousreply 10811/02/2013

Coulson is a clone. Not a robot. IMO.

by Anonymousreply 10911/03/2013

Does anyone still watch this? Tonight's episode was probably their best. Great character development.

It's interesting that Skye and Hunky Guy were barely in it and the episode was so much better.

by Anonymousreply 11011/06/2013

Yeah, it was better this week. But not better enough. I hope it keeps on this upwards trajectory though.

by Anonymousreply 11111/06/2013

So tonight was another lame episode.

Next week is the big "Thor 2" cross-over/reference/whatever.

I so want to like this show.

by Anonymousreply 11211/12/2013

[quote]1) Skye. She's the center of the show apparently, and she's just awful. Bad casting here.

The character was so mis-conceived. She's too manic-pixie-dreamgirl for the part, and not believable as some 'hacker'. Too cutesie.

by Anonymousreply 11311/12/2013

Certainly not a perfect show, and could be so much more, but I still watch it just accepting it as it is. For what it's worth I'm getting tired of e.g. Dracula and Sleepy Hollow but I still want to watch Agents.

I liked the top bottom dynamic of Fitz and the Hunky Guy in the latest ep a lot. Of course this kind of Marvel/teen show doesn't really do well with too overtly homoerotic stuff, but well... :) I haven't looked but I'm sure there must be some fanfic going on about them.

by Anonymousreply 11411/13/2013

[QUOTE] Ming-na Wen

More like Ming-Na WHO.

by Anonymousreply 11511/13/2013

[quote]make the tough-ass black chick who was the villain tonight a regular cast member. She would be truly what this show needs and a big step in the right direction.

I, too, was hoping the black chick would stay on with them. She was bad-ass. I was very disappointed when they didn't ask her to stay.

As others have said, there isn't much of a villain here and no superhero stuff. Aside from May, the Asian lady who I love.

Dump everyone except the Asian lady, the one scowling guy and bring back that black chick and then you'd have something worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 11611/13/2013

Tonight's episode continues the trend of episodes getting better.

And that bit at the end, with Coulson saying "Did I fall asleep" really makes me think he's a robot or clone... programmed with the dead Coulson's memories. Because that's the key tag line from "Dollhouse".

by Anonymousreply 11711/19/2013

Whedon has always had a problem with casting.

by Anonymousreply 11811/19/2013

I've "liked" this show since the start. Solidly geeky, kinda cool, but nothing spectacular.

Tonight it finally became AWESOME!

by Anonymousreply 11911/19/2013

Starting to hate the Sky girl. Was it me, or was the straight leading man sucking him stomach in to the point that he seemed he was going to suffocate during his shirtless scene?

by Anonymousreply 12011/19/2013

It was you.

He is hot2death!

by Anonymousreply 12111/20/2013

It all plays like leftovers and deleted scenes from 'Thor.'

A clever concept, making a TV show that's nothing more than a sidebar for a movie.

by Anonymousreply 12211/20/2013

What else can it do? There is no way a network television show can be up to par with it's big screen brother. I really liked this episode. It's finally exploring May's and Ward's back stories. The Skye girl is truly insufferable and needs to be killed or replaced with another character.

Is it just me or is there some "tension" between Fitz and Ward?

by Anonymousreply 12311/20/2013

I am a DC fan but I love Marvel Agents of SHIELD.

by Anonymousreply 12411/20/2013

Coulson is supposed to be a LMD Life Model Duplicate - a type of clone in Marvel world.

I don't care for the "picking up bits and pieces from the movies" episodes. The graviton origin episode was a good one - they gave a major bad guy an origin story.

If Singer and company had not effed up the x-men timelines so bad it would be nice to see some other marvel characters come in. Danielle Moonstar worked for Shield for a time maybe some cross over with Sunspot in Brazil or Rhane in Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 12511/20/2013

R125 Fox own the rights to the X-Men movies so that would never happen. I wish they put out a New Mutant series.

by Anonymousreply 12611/20/2013

[quote]Was it me, or was the straight leading man sucking him stomach in to the point that he seemed he was going to suffocate during his shirtless scene?

Can you blame him? He is a good looking fit guy but his body doesn't stack up to completely cut types you are used to seeing in comic book movies a la Evans, Hemsworth and Cavill and any actor is going to be self-conscious about that.

But of course he doesn't have a movie studio dumping HGH in him and forcing him to maintain a six pack as part of his contract.

by Anonymousreply 12711/20/2013

Pretty good last episode. Still not there yet. And Sky is still breathing. But I'm more hopeful.

by Anonymousreply 12811/27/2013

I grew up reading DC comics and am getting my Marvel education via TV and the movies. I am loving this show.

by Anonymousreply 12911/27/2013

Possible the most boring, bland, disappointing show in years.

How you fuck this up with the pedigree involved is a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 13011/27/2013

I've grown to like the show quite a lot. The characters are getting nicer the more you watch them. I wouldn't have thought this few weeks ago but Sleepy Hollow seems childish and one dimensional when compared to this. Then I thought it was the other way around.

I grew up reading X-Men, and when I was bullied at school for being such a girly young man X-Men was one of the things that kept me sane and feeling that there is a place for different people like me in the world. So you understand how much Marvel's world has given me. Agents of Shield is not really part of that Marvel universe because it stays so far away from it but at the same time it exists in it.

I don't really mind that there are no established Marvel mutants in it, but I must admit that it was a bit daft for FitzSimmons to wonder if telekinesis is real. I mean in the last episode they were cleaning up the mess left by an alien god and now they are wondering if telekinesis is possible? Those kinds of little things seem just a deliberate way to keep a distance from the Marvel universe, but then again the show is so solid on other levels that I don't care too much.

And Sky is ok in my books. She's got a pretty enchanting voice. Were I into women I might fancy her quite a bit.

by Anonymousreply 13111/27/2013

Coulson without a tie! My fantasies were fulfilled!

by Anonymousreply 13211/27/2013

Gunn is back this week, OP. I wonder if that was planned or if the fans wanted it. They're saying viewership was asking for him to come back.

by Anonymousreply 13312/11/2013

r131 X-men was an allegory for being gay. The whole "they are hiding among us" fear, hating people just because they are different. There was even the resentment of queeny versus butch mirroed in the mutants who looked human versus the ones with obvious physical mutation.

by Anonymousreply 13412/11/2013

Any chances of Coulson bring stripped down for physical examination?

by Anonymousreply 13512/11/2013

Exactly R134 that's why despite the fuck ups in the X-Men comics or movies, I still support it.

I wish they didn't kill off "Gunn" in the latest episode. I think the team needs another field agent.

by Anonymousreply 13612/29/2013

I just tried to watch this, yet again.

Nope, still can't get into it.

by Anonymousreply 13701/04/2014

An academy for nerds. How did Marvel come up with that idea?

by Anonymousreply 13801/15/2014

So are we supposed to assume that skye has some sort of power or superior DNA, and that's why there's all this secrecy?

by Anonymousreply 13901/16/2014

This week's episode was actually good for a change, and is the first episode where I didn't hate the Skye character.

It's definitely improving... slowly.

by Anonymousreply 14001/16/2014

Next week - an "astonishing, series-changing final act." Plus an appearance by Stan Lee!

by Anonymousreply 14101/16/2014

So Skye is a mysterious object thingy? Like Dawn being The Key in Buffy?

by Anonymousreply 14201/16/2014

Has anyone else noticed if there's any difference now in Agent May's appearance between linked photo (earlier) and her current twitter photo?

by Anonymousreply 14301/31/2014

Can someone explain to me that final scene... what was that in the tube, and what does "G.H." stand for?

I'm not a comic-book guy in general, so I'm missing what is an obvious reference.

by Anonymousreply 14403/04/2014

... Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 14503/04/2014

I missed a bit at the end, but don't get it either.

Was it an alien? An Asgardian?

by Anonymousreply 14603/04/2014

I'm thinking it may have been a Kree.

by Anonymousreply 14703/05/2014

R146 it was an asgardian.

by Anonymousreply 14803/05/2014

G.H.-thought it might be an allusion to Grey Hulk? The gamma-ray based Hulk has fantastic regenerative properties, but that seems like a stretch.

But it seems much more conspiratorial. There's the android original Human Torch, but that doesn't seem to fit, either.

by Anonymousreply 14903/05/2014

Could also be one of Marvel's blue Atlanteans?

by Anonymousreply 15003/05/2014

Well, I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one without a clue about the half-bodied-blue-guy-in-a-tube or the "G.H." stuff.

I guess they'll explain it in upcoming episodes, but it really was edited to make it seem like a REVEAL to knowing comic book nerds.

Not sure why they suddenly had a coda with an evil mind-control asgardian at the end. Shouldn't that have been the opening of next week's episode?

Regardless, I thought this week's episode was better than average, though the whole "4 minutes to escape, and then they do 20 minutes of stuff" crap really has to end.

by Anonymousreply 15103/05/2014

I've been trying all season and tried again last night (since it was a new episode) but for the first time I could only make it through about 10 minutes before I changed the channel. I can honestly say I've given this show every possible chance to impress (because I love Clark Gregg and Ming-Na) but sorry to say I just think it's a dud. Will be interesting to see if ABC gives it another season but this one just never took flight for me. A real missed opportunity in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 15203/05/2014

R152, it's already been renewed... you don't have to wait to see if they'll give it a new season. They will.

by Anonymousreply 15303/05/2014

For some reason, my TV had an old Burt Reynolds movie instead of Agents of Shield last night.

by Anonymousreply 15403/05/2014

The blue guy looked like a tiny frost giant.

He didn't look like one of the aliens that attacked New York in the Avengers certainly.

So I wonder what that stuff is doing to do to Skye. I guess it didn't hurt Coulson.

by Anonymousreply 15503/05/2014

The show is likely to be renewed but nothing is official yet:

by Anonymousreply 15603/09/2014

The show steadily improved week-by-week, too slow for many, but I've really grown to like it.

by Anonymousreply 15703/09/2014

by Anonymousreply 15803/14/2014

R158 -- "Being Gay at Jerry Falwell's University" ??

by Anonymousreply 15903/14/2014

I think R158 posted to the wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 16003/15/2014

Maybe it was supposed to be "Being Gay at SHIELD Training Academy"?

by Anonymousreply 16103/15/2014

Last night's episode spoiled the ending of the new Captain America movie.

by Anonymousreply 16204/09/2014

R162 It was HYDRA agents what spoiled the movie. Bastards!

by Anonymousreply 16304/09/2014

Gave up on the show last night.

by Anonymousreply 16404/09/2014

[quote]Last night's episode spoiled the ending of the new Captain America movie.

Anyone who cared saw the Captain America movie opening weekend.

I saw them in reverse order, and didn't feel too spoiled. Sorta spoiled, yeah, but not too spoiled.

I thought it was pretty amazing the way they interacted (TV and Movie) in the same Universe.

The last few episodes of the TV series have been really good (FINALLY). Here's hoping they keep it up, and get renewed.

by Anonymousreply 16504/10/2014

I agree. It's finally coming into it's own. Bill Paxton is a great addition to the show and I love the integration into the Captain America movie. I'm hoping they do the same with Guardians of the Galaxy.

by Anonymousreply 16604/11/2014

Well, I don't think Guardian's of the Galaxy takes place anywhere near Earth. And I'm not sure it's set in present day (is it?) So I wouldn't expect much there.

They integrated the last Thor movie, but only tangentially.

by Anonymousreply 16704/11/2014

So... FOUR really good episodes in a row. These last two playing really well with the Captain America movie.

West Coast folks, especially those that don't watch the show but have seen the movie... they're repeating last week's episode at 8pm pacific, and the new episode at 9pm. It's worth checking out.

The TV Show, after a really lame beginning, has really found its voice and its groove.

by Anonymousreply 16804/15/2014

[quote]The TV Show, after a really lame beginning, has really found its voice and its groove.

True, but the problem now appears to be that no one cares anymore. They waited far too long to get fired up. The audience finally gave up on it and moved on and the ratings are now pretty much in the toilet (though I do think last week's were slightly better than the week before). That said, I'm sure ABC will renew it anyway because they've invested far too much in the show to let it go after just one season.

by Anonymousreply 16904/15/2014

I'm hoping word of mouth will re-engage people.

As many people who like Captain America, there's no reason they shouldn't be watching these last few episodes. And the one before that had a great Thor 2 tie-in.

by Anonymousreply 17004/15/2014

i think its doing well overseas and if thats the case, it may save it…..

by Anonymousreply 17104/15/2014

Tonights episode was oustanding. Cant wait to see the season play out.

by Anonymousreply 17204/15/2014

The last FOUR episodes have been outstanding.

by Anonymousreply 17304/16/2014

It's pretty good but I need more supernatural science fiction. It's bordering on boring.

by Anonymousreply 17404/16/2014

Yes, now it's good.

Of course, now it's "Firefly".

by Anonymousreply 17504/16/2014

I will be the devil's advocate here in that I think they are really putting a shiney coating on Marvel and Sheild in general. I would really really love it if they mixed the Hydra take over with the Skrull secret invasion...have Skrulls in Hydra.

by Anonymousreply 17604/16/2014

[quote]It's pretty good but I need more supernatural science fiction.

Two of the last four episodes were either centered on such things, or heavily featured them. So...

by Anonymousreply 17704/16/2014

This show is getting good, I'm actually looking forward to the episodes now were before I just checking out occasionally out of nerdy Marvel loyalty.

by Anonymousreply 17804/16/2014

We still need to see Coulson strapped down naked and probed by HYDRA.

by Anonymousreply 17904/16/2014

Hell, yes, R179. Clark Gregg is so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 18004/16/2014

I have to say the show has benefitted from the movie tie-ins, Captain America especially. It will be much better for the show to premier in the spring right before, during and after the Marvel summer movies start showing.

It can be the show that sets up and further explain in detail what the movies can't cram into 2 hours.

by Anonymousreply 18104/16/2014

Amy Acker will be on next week's show.

Was wondering how long it would take her to spread her legs and get back on a Whedon related show.

by Anonymousreply 18204/20/2014

R181, the show hasn't been renewed yet for the second season. The ratings haven't been the best but if I was to guess I'd say they will renew it.

To be honest I must admit that the Hydra thing ruined Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D partly to me. I mean the show has been bit of a mess since the beginning. It's been sort of a kids' show mentally but then again in many ways not. When the show started I was on the fence about it for a month, but then I noticed that I started waiting for the next episode because the stories were sort of fun, and because I basically adjusted myself to treat it like a kids' show. The characters have been a bit silly from the start. However I loved that the hunk had an affair with Agent May.

Now the cold and hard reality of Captain America: Winter Soldier crashed right into the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and I have trouble adjusting to it because they are not on the same level. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is still a bit like people running around while saying darnit! while the movie was obviously much darker. I just have trouble taking the show seriously.

There have been some events in the show that have been a bit hard to swallow, like the one few weeks ago where the team broke into a secret S.H.I.E.L.D compound where they were trying to find a cure for Skye. They killed two innocent S.H.I.E.L.D agents who were guarding it which was just mind-boggling. Just completely out of character. I've also had trouble understanding why e.g. Fitz-Simmons were wondering in one episode if telepathy was possible. I mean bloody hell they live in the same universe as Thor, Captain America and X-Men.

Probably it's partly my fault because I haven't read Captain America or S.H.I.E.L.D comics (outside of Civil War) to realize what that world is like. To me it has always been more about mutants than these kinds of secret agents. But I'll watch the remaining episodes and hope that I can still enjoy them. In a way I applaud Marvel for tying show together with the movies but I guess the show could be tighter in many ways.

by Anonymousreply 18304/20/2014

[quote]To be honest I must admit that the Hydra thing ruined Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D partly to me

While you are entitled to your opinion you have to realize it is a minority one right? A lot of fans (and critics) who stopped caring (which is a huge percentage, look at the ratings) think the Captain America movie was the best thing that happened to the show.

by Anonymousreply 18404/20/2014

R184, my discomfort with Hydra in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. comes mainly from the movie being so different from the show. It certainly has vitalized the show but at the same time made it somehow uncomfortable. But that of course was part of the plan.

I don't know, I've give Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. quite a many chances during this first season but there's always something wrong in it. It's hard to pinpoint where the problems are. Something has been wrong in the show since the beginning and now when the things have been shaken up they are all very apparent to me. Mainly: the show is fucking boring with lame storylines and boring characters. It's D-list to Captain America's A-list.

But at the same time I've enjoyed the show. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 18504/20/2014

I stopped watching Agents of SHIELD after the third episode. It was a boring show where absolutely nothing interesting happened. You had all of these cookie cutter characters doing things that had very little to do with the Marvel Universe. Sure, throw out a reference here but it wasn't enough.

Then I heard people starting to say it was good again.

So I watched from where I left off and boy was I glad I did. The last few episodes FINALLY have the series doing what it should have been doing from the start: remaining a part of the Marvel Universe while being interesting enough to stand on its own.

It just shouldn't have taken this long for the show to get there.

by Anonymousreply 18604/20/2014

I tried to watch and like it but it is so poorly written and acted. Waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 18704/20/2014

When is Sky going to get super powers???

by Anonymousreply 18804/22/2014 says "The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Should Strike Out on Their Own":

by Anonymousreply 18904/22/2014

Another good episode tonight!

by Anonymousreply 19004/22/2014

I like Agents of Shield. They are very compelling even if they don't wear fancy costumes or have muscles the size of Captain America's.

by Anonymousreply 19104/23/2014

Agent Ward is much better as a bad guy.

by Anonymousreply 19204/23/2014

[bold]Agents of SHIELD's Ward Is So Much Better Now That He's Being Himself[/bold]

Who would have thought that Grant Ward would become my favorite character on Agents of SHIELD? Really. And all it took was one surprising reveal. Last night's episode was a nifty thriller, in which we discovered that monsters who know they're monsters are actually the most horrifying. Spoilers away!

It's looking more and more as if Grant Ward really is just straight-up evil, and the nastier he gets the more we love him. (Please let this not be a secret mission entrusted to him by Nick Fury, to infiltrate Hydra. Please.) Ward is a Hydra agent who looks up to Garrett (Bill Paxton) and has zero regret about betraying Coulson's team — only his feelings for Skye are real, although that just makes them creepier.

Grant has joined the rest of the team at Providence, the secret Canadian base that Nick Fury led Coulson to — because Grant needs to get Skye to decrypt the hard drive that has all of the team's research on it. (Including the info on the miracle Kree goop that brought Coulson back from the dead, and saved Skye.) Grant puts on a pretty good show of being the injured last survivor of the Fridge attack, and pretty much nobody questions him.

Until Eric Koenig (Patton Oswalt) decides to subject Coulson's whole crew to a super high-tech lie detector that uses weird free-associating questions to get inside your head. And while the rest of the team's answers are somewhat revealing, it's great watching Grant outsmarting the test — you really think he's going to get himself caught, and Koenig seems ready to blow Grant's brains out. But then Grant uses his love of Skye to save himself, saying that he's there not because of duty or loyalty to SHIELD, but for Skye. Which is true — coming to get Skye is Grant's mission, plus he does really dig her. So that's truthful enough to get him off the hook.

After Skye figures out how to hack into the NSA satellite feeds and get video of the attack on the Fridge, Grant's game is about to be up. So he kills Koenig and hides the body — not realizing that Skye can track people via their lanyards. There's a brilliantly skin-crawling scene where Grant confesses that he's not a good person, and that he actually bullied his younger brother — it wasn't his older brother, as he previously claimed. Ward tries to put his moves on Skye, who tries to play along as best she can.

Everything that was kind of off-putting about Ward before, including his weird sense of detachment and his fixation on Skye, is just perfect now that we know he's actually a Hydra psycho. His attempts to be charming and seductive are like watching a Terminator try to flirt.

And you have to hand it to Skye — she plays it cool. And Chloe Bennet does a great job of showing how she's repulsed and freaked out after finding Koenig's still-bleeding-out body, but she still plays along with Ward. She notices the penny Ward put over the door to the room where he stashed Koenig, and is smart enough to put it back in its spot when she leaves. Unfortunately, when Ward insists they take the team's jet off to decrypt her hard drive (which can only be decrypted when it's in a particular location) she has no choice but to go with him.

But what makes Ward so chilling is that he knows he's a total bastard, but he's willing to fake remorse and even self-loathing to get closer to his target. (Or maybe it's not entirely fake.)

And meanwhile, the episode's other plotline is also about a monster who declares that he's a monster. Marcus Daniels (aka Blackout) is a guy who can absorb electrical energy from anything, including people's bodies, and he's obsessed with Audrey, the cellist whom Coulson used to have a thing with. In an interesting parallel with the Grant-Skye scenes, Marcus tells Audrey that he's a monster but that she can save him — right before Audrey delivers him into a SHIELD trap.

by Anonymousreply 19304/23/2014

The other interesting parallel between the two monsters in this episode is that SHIELD made them worse — Grant, by sending him on so many harsh "Specialist" missions, Marcus by experimenting on him and amplifying his powers. Was the experimentation on Marcus due to SHIELD being infiltrated by Hydra, or was it like Coulson's resurrection — just a consequence of SHIELD overreaching and being kind of evil in general?

Either way, this case is personal for Coulson, who pretends at first that he's just taking a small team after Marcus because it's their duty to clean up after the Fridge was breached. He put away Marcus the first time, and that was the start of his relationship with Audrey, whom we heard about in passing in The Avengers. And now, Coulson doesn't want Audrey to see him because she's starting to move on with her life after his death — and he wouldn't be able to stick around in any case.

The bit where she's passed out and he says he's always with her — and she writes it off as a hallucination — is actually quite moving.

Audrey is an unusual person in this day and age: Someone who still believes in SHIELD after they were declared a terrorist organization. Since SHIELD saved her, and she still loves and trusts Coulson, she sees them as the good guys — although maybe she wouldn't if she knew Coulson was alive and hiding from her. At first, our heroes try to pretend to be the CIA, which is just sad.

Other random bits from this episode: Triplett, who's becoming one of the show's best characters, is the grandson of a Howling Commando. Huh. Skye's birth name was Mary Sue Poots. Coulson gets the best line: "Nothing bad ever happens when you work with something called 'darkforce.'" The Fitz/Simmons schism continues — Fitz is so attached to Simmons, he'd want her to be in a box on a desert island, but Simmons is stepping out and flirting with Triplett.

And finally, there's Melinda May, who reaches something of a turning point in this episode. She tells Koenig in the lie-detector scene that she's only here on this base for Coulson — and then Coulson slams her yet again, saying he can't trust her after she kept the truth about his resurrection from him while he was suffering. He keeps her off his team on the Portland mission, and she decides there's no reason to stick around after all. (Thus leaving Skye and Koenig alone with psycho guy.)

As the episode ends, we see May on the road in Ontario, getting picked up by an old lady who taunts May with the fact that her own spy organization is still intact. And it turns out that May is looking for SHIELD's #2, Maria Hill — but she doesn't want to kill Maria. She just wants to have... a little chat.

by Anonymousreply 19404/23/2014

OMG! I just caught up with the last three episodes yesterday. I freaking love this show so much! (And I say this as someone who is new to the Marvel universe--I grew up on DC comics.)

I was shocked that Agent Ward is a bad guy! I feel so dirty for still wanting him deep inside me. One of my favorite moments of the recent episodes was when Bill Paxton said that Ward isn't really May's type. He said, "I'm everyone's type." Indeed!

by Anonymousreply 19504/27/2014

Another great episode tonight. Damn.

So glad this show finally found its groove.

by Anonymousreply 19604/29/2014

Great write-up of this most recent episode... some great observations here:

by Anonymousreply 19704/30/2014

Unfortunately I have a feeling that Ward might not be completely bad but might come around back to Coulson's side, at least in some way. The whole sudden love thing with him and Skye has annoyed the hell out of me.

by Anonymousreply 19804/30/2014

I didn't quite understand the very last scene, with Coulson on the computer monitor telling Nick Fury NOT to go ahead with the TAHITI project due to the side effects. Does it mean that Fury overlooked everything to bring Coulson back to life and at some point, Coulson may begin to show signs of those effects?

by Anonymousreply 19904/30/2014

I abandoned the show and have no desire to return even though it appears to have finally found its groove (mostly because I'm not that familiar with the movies anyway); however, I'm glad to know it's finally running at full speed and that people are starting to enjoy it. Hopefully, it will keep it up and have a nice, long run.

by Anonymousreply 20004/30/2014

[quote]I didn't quite understand the very last scene, with Coulson on the computer monitor telling Nick Fury NOT to go ahead with the TAHITI project due to the side effects. Does it mean that Fury overlooked everything to bring Coulson back to life and at some point, Coulson may begin to show signs of those effects?

Yes but the memory wiping was supposed to be the way to avoid those side effects. They'll probably have Coulson experience those side effects at some point because it seems like an obvious plot point.

by Anonymousreply 20105/01/2014

by Anonymousreply 20205/09/2014

Hooray! I love this show. I'm looking at you, Agent Ward.

by Anonymousreply 20305/09/2014

There's also a NEW "SHIELD" TV show coming out, a spin-off from the first Captain America movie:

[bold]Marvel's Agent Carter (ABC)[/bold]

Stars: Hayley Atwell

It’s 1946, and peace has dealt Peggy Carter a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life – Steve Rogers.

by Anonymousreply 20405/09/2014

They renewed it but wonder if it will look the same come next season. Many of the complaints about the first were about the cast, so will be interesting to see if everyone is invited back.

by Anonymousreply 20505/10/2014

The thing is, most of the problems with the cast have been more or less resolved. And/or explained.

Even Skye doesn't suck as much, and there's tantalizing clues that there's a lot more there to explore that is actually interesting.

The show is so much stronger now than when it started... and yet, the way they "fixed" things makes me appreciate some of the earlier episodes more now in retrospect.

I've gone from feeling like it was an obligation to watch (one I didn't much care for), to being genuinely excited to see the next episode. I'm really looking forward to season 2.

People who bailed within the first six or so episodes, I understand completely... but you need to give it another chance. The last half-dozen episodes have been really good, and have been worth the journey.

by Anonymousreply 20605/10/2014

[quote]It's looking more and more as if Grant Ward really is just straight-up evil, and the nastier he gets the more we love him.

I agree with this reviewer's comment. The only problem is that it was made *before* this week's episode, which makes it very clear that the show is going to "redeem" Ward. (Which is complete bullshit.) Naturally, they had to use *the* most cliche means possible to prove Ward isn't a natural-born psycho: he couldn't bring himself to kill either his dog, or Fitz and Simmons. I'm glad it's been renewed, and I get now that many of the earlier complaint people had about the show couldn't be answered until the "HYDRA switcheroo," but they have *got* to add some cast members with more charisma if this thing's gonna last another season.

Speaking of which ... I don't know how many of you guys have seen the "Agent Carter" 15-minute "one-shot" that was included as an extra on the "Iron Man 3" DVD, but it's fucking AWESOME (and Hayley Atwell has more natural charisma than the entire "Agents of SHIELD" cast put together). I have high hopes for the spinoff.

by Anonymousreply 20705/10/2014

It's good to here that r207. I was surprised they green-lit the series maybe the Howling Commandoes will be featured in it.

This is a show that really took a while to pick up and i'm glad it's hitting is stride. Thank god it wasn't on FOX or NBC.

Am I the only one picking up homoerotic vibes between Ward and Fitz?

by Anonymousreply 20805/10/2014

R208, Fitz definitely wants Ward deep inside him. I don't blame him at all.

by Anonymousreply 20905/10/2014

God, wouldn't it be great if they actually went there? (but of course they won't, god forbid you have gay, or male bisexual characters on TV with real human emotions)

by Anonymousreply 21005/11/2014

Yeah they even had Agent Hand who was a lesbian and their wasn't a single reference to her sexuality on the show that I recall, completely hid that aspect of her.

I wouldn't hold your hopes for ANY real gay content on Shield.

by Anonymousreply 21105/11/2014

Ward did kill the dog. Remember the dog always ran to get a bird as soon as he shot the rifle. The dog ran, and a minute later you see the dog in the rifle's crosshairs.

by Anonymousreply 21205/11/2014

Season finale this week!!!

by Anonymousreply 21305/12/2014

Season Finale TONIGHT!!

by Anonymousreply 21405/13/2014

If someone wants to make a new thread, it's confirmed Channing Tatum will play Gambit.

by Anonymousreply 21505/13/2014

What was the deal with that final scene??!?

by Anonymousreply 21605/13/2014

Great season finale. Can't wait for season 2.

by Anonymousreply 21705/14/2014

[quote]What was the deal with that final scene??!?

The schematics for Ultron?

by Anonymousreply 21805/14/2014

Question anyone who follows Marvel...why is Director Fury considered so all-seeing?

by Anonymousreply 21905/14/2014

CBS: "NCIS" season finale (16.8 million viewers, 10.5/18 households)

NBC: "The Voice" (10.8 million, 6.6/11)

ABC: "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" season finale (5.2 million, 3.3/6)

The CW: "The Originals" season finale (2.1 million, 1.2/2)

FOX: "Glee" season finale (1.9 million, 1.3/2)

by Anonymousreply 22005/14/2014

Fury is an analogy of Odin.

the schematic - my guess would be for some sort of Kree technology - Possibly a worm hole or ..the ultimate nullifier..

by Anonymousreply 22105/14/2014

Great write-up of the finale episode:

by Anonymousreply 22205/14/2014

Agent May kicks some serious butt!

by Anonymousreply 22310/17/2014

Now, now, R223. Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything.

by Anonymousreply 22410/17/2014

Coulson, watching the May vs. faux-May fight: "I can't believe I'm the only person watching this!" Great line.

by Anonymousreply 22510/17/2014

Now that there are people with powers on the show it is finally going to get good. Took long enough.

by Anonymousreply 22603/10/2015

Yes, R 226 ....I'm actually looking forward to tonight's show.

by Anonymousreply 22703/10/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!