Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bulletproof Coffee

WOW!

It may sound crazy, but this is the best thing. I had it for breakfast and it kept me going the entire day. Not in a hyper-caffeine buzz way, but a steady good energy balance.

I already follow a mostly ketogenic diet so this REALLY works for me.

Make coffee as usual, and add 1 tbs coconut oil and 1 tbs butter. Stir. The fat floats to the top but it tastes wonderful. Totally takes away the bitterness of the coffee and makes it very smooth. No sugar.

I never thought of putting butter or coconut oil in my coffee before but after reading raves about it, I'm hooked. The taste was pleasant, no bad texture, and incredible energy and a fullness against hunger.

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 6009/02/2014

But does it taste like coconut? Yuck. That would ruin the taste of the coffee.

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 109/24/2013

This is the latest crazy by those who are Crossfit cult-members, and other nutrition loonies. Someone I know is into this right now and she's basically got a diet/exercise disorder.

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 409/24/2013

Thanks, but I'll stick with the reds. Coffee stains the stains on my teeth, darling. Ha ha. Cough.

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 609/24/2013

What is a ketogenic diet? Butter and coconuts, I guess.

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 709/24/2013

Can someone with a paid account please make a new thread involving the woman in this story? She is a freakin looney tune. The comments section is going nuts. We need to discuss her.

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 809/24/2013

I'll bet your poops slide right out...

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 1309/25/2013

I don't know about adding butter and coconut oil -- isn't the old standby cream good enough (I do love that in my coffee). I can believe that the combination of fat, caffeine and the antioxidants in coffee may turbocharge you for the day.

But I have tried the Tibetan tea enriched with butter and salt that's mentioned in the articles, and it is DISGUSTING. I have a strong stomach, so I've tried the stuff more than once, but I cannot take more than a few sips without wanting to spit.

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 1409/25/2013

It does, R13!

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 1509/25/2013

makes terrible iced bulletproof coffe....lol

Keotgenic is a high fat low carb lifestyle. Dave Asprey lost 100 pounds on it but if you look at the actual time line of when he was 300 pounds to 250 to 200 it spans a decade so I am not sure he can claim that. He is along the same lines as Tim Ferris - they claim to have "hacked" the body and know all these things to make you smarter, stronger, younger etc. It's the new trend in diet and fitness to appeal to the male ego. Do my lifestyle and you will be like me. Well Dave, you were a millionaire venture capitalist when you were 300 pounds (Dave claims to have spent 250K learning all these hacks) and now you spend your time being a motivational speaker about..bulletproof life. Seems he made more money on the doughnut diet.

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 1609/25/2013

R9, no more coffee that day. I only have the one cup - 6-7 ounces maybe.

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 1709/25/2013

Can you use Crisco instead?

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 1809/25/2013

So basically the assumption is that coconut oil and butter provide energy?

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 2109/25/2013

This is as bad as adding mixers or ice to your whiskey; they take up too much room in the glass.

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 2209/25/2013

So yeah can you clarify the point of this so called bulletproof coffee...the butter and coconut oil give you more energy and/or its a appetite suppressant?

To be quite frank say you have your morning coffee anywhere between 7-9am...do you really need that much of an appetite suppressant until 12-1pm? You even said you snack on berries and high in protein foods anywhere whilst drinking the bulletproof coffee in the morning.

I think i'd rather just have a plain coffee and um have a normal appetite which will come ringing at noon and uh also without a whole heap of fat. So what if it gives you 'energy'? You're gonna need it to burn off that fat

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 2309/25/2013

If you make your coffee thick enough in a French press, it has enough oil to give you glistening shits without the need for new must-have purchases.

Plus, you're buzzing like a fiend all day.

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 2409/25/2013

can you do a bulletproof coffee enema?

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 2509/25/2013

[quote]I'll bet your poops slide right out...

Mine do too!

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 2609/25/2013

What is the "coffee enema" joke? From context, I get that it's funny, or should be funny, but who would give himself a coffee enema?

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 2709/25/2013

Janet Jackson

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 2809/25/2013

I did coffee enemas last year when I did a 30 day juice fast and it was pretty scary what came out of me.

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 3109/25/2013

Dear Lord in Heaven!

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 3209/25/2013

Jesus Christ! Stop wasting my Franzia!

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 3309/25/2013

omg I peed.

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 3409/25/2013

Isn't Bulletproof Coffee the idea behind Starbucks' ban on guns in their coffee shops?

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 3609/25/2013

R30, yes

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 3709/27/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 3809/27/2013

Coconut? When did I eat coconut?

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 3909/27/2013

[quote]You get absolutely NOTHING out of this except having to take a dump within an hour, (which, for those who may want to know, leaves a greasy poo ring in your toilet).

Shouldn't have been sipping my bulletproof coffee while reading that.

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 4009/27/2013

Is a poo ring like a coffee ring??

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 4109/27/2013

I'm laughing pretty hard here reading this thread – at the same time is both fascinating of repellent!

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 4309/27/2013

You are adulterating beautiful coffee with two fats in an effort to gain energy and lose weight.

In the future, ALLCAPS won't be the signature of a loud ranting loon; it will be the side-effect of jittery sausage fingers pounding on the keyboard.

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 4409/27/2013

I'm thinking of trying this. So, what's the verdict from those of you who've been doing it for a while. Did you lose weight?

Also, would it work the same way in place of lunch instead of bfst, or would you be too wired to get to sleep at night? I like my current breakfast and the energy it gives me to work out afterward (regular coffee w/cream, oatmeal pancake, small tomato). I think bulletproof coffee would be a great way to curb my appetite at mid-day so that I only feel like eating one other small meal (dinner).

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 4508/31/2014

But does it have flava?

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 4608/31/2014

Fill it to the Brim, with Rim.

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 4708/31/2014

Is this Lauren Bacall approved?

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 4808/31/2014

The guy who promotes this claims his IQ went up 20 points because of adding coconut oil and butter to his coffee? Why does everything have to turn into such an exaggerated sales pitch?

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 4908/31/2014

[quote] " Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!...."

[bold] MARY! [/bold]

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 5008/31/2014

I drink buttered tea and it works, but the guy who claims to have invented bulletproof coffee is full of himself. He's one of those motivational speakers, who is short on skills and long on ego. He likes to be able to bs all day rather than get a real job. And so long as people pay him for his products or performances, he can do it.

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 5109/02/2014

You need to use pasture butter (from grass fed dairy cows).

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 5209/02/2014

Kerrygold, bitches.

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 5309/02/2014

Would ghee work? I'm not a coffee drinker, but I'll try it with tea.

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 5409/02/2014

Jesus, this thread is a year old and I hadn't ever heard about this before. Does it really work or is more bullshit?

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 5509/02/2014

What a load of shit.

And don't even start about coffee enemas. Those have long been a favorite among the real health nut fringe.

The colon doesn't need help cleaning itself. This notion that you're doing something good by flooding it with any liquid is another example of the ways in which people are made fools of because no one gets a decent education in simple science/biology anymore. Everyone's a naive target for infommercial loons.

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 5609/02/2014

Don't those colonics result in ridding yourself of good bacteria?

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 5709/02/2014

Can I add lemon juice, honey, and cayenne pepper?

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 5809/02/2014

Maple syrup, R58. Grade *B* only!

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 5909/02/2014

Yeah, whatever happened to the Master Cleanse?

by Yes, I even cradled my mug a couple of times!reply 6009/02/2014
Need more help? Click Here.