Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What Failure? ‘John Carter’ Tops Home Video Sales

The epic film which reportedly cost Disney a $200 million dollar loss is tearing up the home video front as John Carter tops the home video sales. The film which stars Taylor Kitsch has taken the top spot on both Nielsen VideoScan First Alert sales chart, which tracks overall disc sales, and Nielsen’s dedicated Blu-ray Disc sales chart.

Lets hope that John Carter will make enough money for Disney on the home video sales to warrant a sequel to the fantastic sci-fi epic from Andrew Stanton. If you enjoyed the original film and demand that Disney make a sequel I highly recommend you head on over to Take me back to Barsoom! I want John Carter to have a sequel which is a dedicated group organised to help make a sequel to John Carter possible.

by Anonymousreply 1509/27/2013

That post is from Delusionland circa 2012.

John Carter finished 2012 as the 41st best selling DVD of the year in the U.S. Barely noteworthy and hardly puts a dent in the financial deficit the film was for Disney.

More people bought copies of that damn Mirror Mirror crap!

by Anonymousreply 109/24/2013

I loved the movie, and really want a sequel.

by Anonymousreply 209/24/2013

Dataloungers who subscribe to Netflix can easily put the film into their queue and see it for themselves. It's actually quite enjoyable. We don't have to get carried away with petitions for sequels, but visually the film is spectacular and the narrative moves speedily enough to keep you intrigued. And the protagonist is very cute.

by Anonymousreply 309/24/2013

I thought it was better than Star Wars and my god, Taylor kitsch is cute. Did thus destroy his career?

by Anonymousreply 409/24/2013

OP, I understand your lunatic behavior. I've been there. I LOVED Speed Racer. You gotta let it go and begin to heal, man.

by Anonymousreply 509/24/2013

Speed Racer was also a great, under-appreciated movie.

by Anonymousreply 609/24/2013

It did a terrible job in the beginning of bringing me into the story and making me care about the character. They put all that money into the movie and they failed to even make sure the script was structured in such a way to hook you on the character and make you care what happens to him in the first act.

by Anonymousreply 709/24/2013

R7, maybe it's just you. I loved the opening, and it totally hooked me.

by Anonymousreply 809/24/2013

I saw half of it on Netflix and it was ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!

by Anonymousreply 909/24/2013

Sweetie, every Red Box, every Blockbuster, every Library and every Mom & Pop video store still alive all bought it for rental. It's not like people were camping out at WalMart for it.

by Anonymousreply 1009/24/2013

Who buys DVDs?

by Anonymousreply 1109/24/2013

It is our fortune that he lives in our pontificate.

by Anonymousreply 1209/26/2013

OP: Oh, but no! Fuck Ms. Carter right up her shitter. If Serenity/Firefly don't get no sequel, I'll keep Nathan Fillion on his steroids'n'cheese diet until he's so fat the Castle can't contain him.

(I have the flu and a lot of wine that needs inspecting.)

by Anonymousreply 1309/26/2013

There were 11 books, so plenty of material.

by Anonymousreply 1409/26/2013

It was better than most of the movies released this year.

by Anonymousreply 1509/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!