Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Shameless Cruz is pretending to filibuster

He says he'll speak til he drops, but he's not actually blocking anything. It's all ego and publicity-seeking. What a tool.

What scares me is this guy is a Rhodes Scholar. Can you imagine someone that intelligent actually believing any of the Tea Party crap? No, he's just using them. I hope people catch on to him faster than they caught on to McCarthy.

by Anonymousreply 6709/26/2013

No, he wasn't a Rhodes scholar.

by Anonymousreply 109/24/2013

Rachel said he was.

by Anonymousreply 209/24/2013

He is a graduate of Princeton and Harvard Law School and clerked for the Chief Justice of the US, but no Rhodes. Still, I'm convinced the man is too smart to believe Tea Party crap.

by Anonymousreply 309/24/2013

By all accounts from those knew Cruz from way back then, he has a major personality disorder. Leave it to Texas to inflict this horseshit on an already damaged country.

by Anonymousreply 409/24/2013

[all posts by flame bait troll (hates:men,women,muslims,gays,lesbians,jews and Obama, loves posting about stabbing women, bashing gays, killing jews etc.) #10 removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 509/24/2013

Attention Whore!

by Anonymousreply 609/24/2013

green eggs and ham!

by Anonymousreply 709/24/2013

Cruz got elected because the Democratic Party in Texas is in disarray and couldn't cough up a decent candidate. He beat idiot David Dewhurst in the Republican primary. He probably only got elected because people thought he was Mexican-American.

He probably got into Princeton on affirmative action, claiming to be a Mexican-American.

by Anonymousreply 809/24/2013

My favorite fact about Ted Cruz:

He told his classmates at Harvard Law School that he would only participate in study groups with other students who had been to Harvard, Yale or Princeton... even classmates from what he called "the minor ivies" (Penn, Columbia, etc.) were not good enough, by his standards.

He later pointed out he had participated in a study group with someone from Northwestern, but GQ (which first published this about him) went back to double check their facts, and more than one of his law school classmates said he did indeed say that to them.

by Anonymousreply 909/24/2013

Ummm....he's an asshole? Right?

by Anonymousreply 1109/24/2013

He has the eyes of Joe McCarthy.

Pure arrogant ego.

by Anonymousreply 1209/24/2013

[quote]The man is super smart: you don't get magna cum laude at Harvard law and clerk for supreme court justice without being really smart. he is also handsome.

If we are going to use that as our metric - than George W. Bush was what? Very smart? Smart?

by Anonymousreply 1309/24/2013

"He's FAB!!" R10, with a dreamy, far away look in her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 1409/24/2013

Handsome? His face looks like a foot.

by Anonymousreply 1509/24/2013

[quote]he is also handsome.

and the sky is green and grass is blue!

by Anonymousreply 1609/24/2013

Yuk, he's a nudge.

by Anonymousreply 1709/24/2013

Smallest measurable penis on record.

by Anonymousreply 1809/24/2013

I really wonder what Chris Christy is saying about him behind closed doors. No love lost between him and the senior senator john cornyn. Someone was quoted as saying John McCain "f-kking hates him" . People like him get elected because too many people in texas just vote straight party with no clue whatsoever who the hell they are actually voting for.

by Anonymousreply 1909/24/2013

[quote]Still, I'm convinced the man is too smart to believe Tea Party crap.

You must not have heard his father speak. The walnut doesn't fall far from the tree.

by Anonymousreply 2009/24/2013

They're lapping it up on Twitter at #StandWithCruz. Really pathetic.

Go there if you have the time and are so inclined to slap a few Teacon bitches.

by Anonymousreply 2109/24/2013

Speaking of David Dewhurst, someone should start a thread about the (drunk?!) telephone call he made to the Allen, Texas police department trying to throw his weight around as Lt. Governor to try to get his wife's half-sister's daughter out of jail for shoplifting. It's shameless Republican douchery at its finest.

by Anonymousreply 2209/24/2013

Ted Cruz is just a sociopath, plain and simple. Watch him at the gun control hearings, right after Sandy Hook. He has no emotion for those families or anyone else. None.

by Anonymousreply 2309/24/2013

Who the fuck would consider Ted Cruz handsome? He doesn't even have a neck.

by Anonymousreply 2409/24/2013

Ted Cruz is a douchebag with a microscopic penis.

by Anonymousreply 2509/24/2013

I think he's a closet case like Rick Perry. A lot of these Texas right-wingers are suspiciously closet-y: Dewhurst, Abbott.

by Anonymousreply 2609/24/2013

I can never see his face again without noting how much it does, indeed, look like a foot. Thank you R15!

by Anonymousreply 2709/25/2013

She was wonderful in Vicky Christina Barcelona.

by Anonymousreply 2809/25/2013

"He told his classmates at Harvard Law School that he would only participate in study groups with other students who had been to Harvard, Yale or Princeton..."

Ted Cruz was bent and snapped.

by Anonymousreply 2909/25/2013

is he still talking?

by Anonymousreply 3009/25/2013

[quote]He probably only got elected because people thought he was Mexican-American.

I wonder how many people in Texas know he's from Canada?

by Anonymousreply 3109/25/2013

If he thinks he's going to use these stunts to quickly rise through the ranks he's got another thing coming. The party leadership is ready and waiting to smack him down. Should he run for national office, the democrats have enough on him to deal with him in short order. If he wants a political career he needs to learn to sit down, shut up, and do as he's told.

by Anonymousreply 3209/25/2013

HANDSOME?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 3309/25/2013

Yes, to me he is handsome.

by Anonymousreply 3409/25/2013

He looks like Pat Buchanan.

by Anonymousreply 3509/25/2013

Green Eggs and Spam

by Anonymousreply 3609/25/2013

There is nothing handsome about Cruz, he looks like a thin lipped old man. He is also chinless.

Let's not forget his politics make him even more repulsive.

I was shocked to find out he wasn't as old as he looks!

by Anonymousreply 3709/25/2013

I would be embarrassed if I thought he was handsome.

How vile.

by Anonymousreply 3809/25/2013

He looks like "Jester" from Puppet Master.

Perfect symbolism as well.

by Anonymousreply 3909/25/2013

[quote]With more than a little help from friends who took turns speaking while he rested, Cruz showed no sign of stopping.

Amateur.

by Anonymousreply 4009/25/2013

I just had the misfortune of clicking on a photo of Cruz after some dipshit on this thread described him as handsome.

Psycho eyes aside, he is one hard to look at motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 4109/25/2013

I always think I can't hate TX more than I already do, but here we are.

And yes, I do blame all of you. You've got two of these shitheads representing you. All you ever have are shitheads representing you and ruining the rest of the fucking country.

He is not an anomaly, he is the norm from that fucking state.

by Anonymousreply 4209/25/2013

Based on his higher education credentials, he is proof you can be intelligent and psycho at the same time.

He is clearly a case of narcissistic personality disorder. It's like watching a train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 4309/25/2013

///still talking?

by Anonymousreply 4409/25/2013

He hasn't tinkled in 19 hours!

by Anonymousreply 4509/25/2013

Not true.

by Anonymousreply 4609/25/2013

I think he can take bathroom breaks. The U.S. Senate has different rules than the Texas (was it legislature or senate?) where Wendy Davis couldn't go off topic, sit down or take bathroom breaks.

by Anonymousreply 4709/25/2013

R12 is exactly right.

by Anonymousreply 4809/25/2013

He looks like a booger-eating baboon, one that is apparently brain damaged!

by Anonymousreply 4909/25/2013

Now I'm reading that he voted with the majority!

Can someone confirm?

by Anonymousreply 5009/25/2013

R50 - Yes the vote was unanimous to take up the House bill.

by Anonymousreply 5109/25/2013

He got the videotape and sent out the fundraisers. His supporters don't care/can't understand how pointless it was.

by Anonymousreply 5209/25/2013

Stunt Queen.

by Anonymousreply 5309/25/2013

Totally agree w R43.

by Anonymousreply 5409/25/2013

He's C-A-N-A-D-I-A-N. He is not eligible to run for president and so help me if those fucking scumbags on the right try and push him as a candidate knowing he isn't eligible, and what they did to Obama.

Same shit when they used to want Schwarzenegger to run for president. They're so fucking transparent. I didn't think I could hate them more than I already did. What a bunch of greedy savages.

by Anonymousreply 5509/25/2013

One of his parents was an American citizen so he was an American citizen at birth. Most scholars think this satisfies the requirement even though he was born in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 5609/25/2013

[quote] One of his parents was an American citizen so he was an American citizen at birth. Most scholars think this satisfies the requirement even though he was born in Canada.

And they would be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 5709/25/2013

R56, I personally don't give a shit if a candidate is born here or not, my point was how Obama -whose mother was born here- was treated by the vermin on the right. They question his eligibility to this day. I am applying *their* standards for eligibility.

They're full of shit and if they try to push Cruz as a candidate, it should be pointed out at every turn what they did when Obama ran. They're hypocritical assholes.

by Anonymousreply 5809/25/2013

Thanks, R51.

by Anonymousreply 5909/25/2013

[quote]And they would be wrong.

Based on . . ?

by Anonymousreply 6009/25/2013

John McCain was Panamanian with US parents. He can run, but he's part of the Tea Bag party and they've lost.

by Anonymousreply 6109/25/2013

Based upon the fact that Canada isn't part of the US, or a US territory.

by Anonymousreply 6209/25/2013

Ted Cruz doesn't even think people who went to the lesser Ivies should have access to health care.

by Anonymousreply 6309/25/2013

[quote] John McCain was Panamanian with US parents

No, he was born in the Canal Zone. That is how he was able to be considered a US citizen.

by Anonymousreply 6409/25/2013

The very definition of an elitist and again, the rightwing's glaring hypocrisy exposed.

by Anonymousreply 6509/25/2013

The Constitution does not define the phrase natural-born citizen, and various opinions have been offered over time regarding its precise meaning.

A 2011 Congressional Research Service report stated that The weight of legal and historical authority indicates that the term "natural born" citizen would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship "by birth" or "at birth", either by being born "in" the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to alien parents; by being born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents; or by being born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship "at birth". Such term, however, would not include a person who was not a U.S. citizen by birth or at birth, and who was thus born an "alien" required to go through the legal process of "naturalization" to become a U.S. citizen.[1]

by Anonymousreply 6609/25/2013

As the teabaggers don't consider women to be equal to men, logically having an American mother doesn't count! He is a natural born Canadian. I think that the fact he had another nationality from birth would mean that he cannot be considered anything other than - maximum - a dual national (probably triple national as his father is Cuban). As such, there are issues of national loyalty which would exclude him from running for the Presidency. The point of being a 'natural-born' citizen should mean excluding all other nationalities to ensure the person has only one national loyalty - hell, Cruz is STILL a Canadian and it is total bullshit that he didn't know he was.

by Anonymousreply 6709/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.