*Miley Cyrus

*George Bush

*Big Brother

*Any of the Kardashians

If they say things in conversation like:

*Butt-hurt

*Just sayin'

I know, right?? Right??!!

If they make fun of the disabled or are mean to old people, are bad tippers, racist and/or look down on those less fortunate.

You?

by Anonymousreply 7009/26/2013

Everyone has guilty pleasures though, OP

Most people have a favorite tv show or singer they "shouldn't" like, but can't help it.

I find it's when a person likes too many guilty pleasures that they are trouble.

An otherwise sane person who watches Big Brother is fine. If all they do is listen to One Direction, read Twilight and watch Real Housewives then I'd run.

by Anonymousreply 509/24/2013

R5, but there's also obsession... I know someone SO OBSESSED with Kelly Clarkson that they rarely speak of anyone else, and judge people on whether they know and like her (I didn't make the cut, we're not friends).

As far as I can tell, that's his one guilty pleasure, but damn, it's obsession not pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 809/24/2013

Any reference to my ass as a pussy.

by Anonymousreply 909/24/2013

Braggers,in general. specific things; bragging about:

Money (how much they make, how much things cost)

Glorification of military work/constantly talking about it.

Criminal activity/fighting

Humblebragging/reverse bragging,especially about how little sleep you get or how poor you are.

by Anonymousreply 1109/24/2013

Adults who fucking love teen stuff and automatically think everyone wants to talk about it. Vampire Diaries, Twilight, Eragon, Katy Perry, Kesha etc.

by Anonymousreply 1209/24/2013

It depends on what they look like

by Anonymousreply 1509/24/2013

An adult who is into Disneyland.

Guys who drive sports cars.

Hunters.

Anyone who has a reptile as a pet.

by Anonymousreply 1609/24/2013

OP said "loves and gushes about", not *likes*, so I totally agree.

I also loathe the term butthurt. As soon as it comes out of someone's mouth, I consider them juvenile and trashy - unless they are a teenager, who I'd expect that kind of slang from.

Neck tattoos

Earrings/plugs

Being unkempt or sloppy

Bragging about money

Bragging about celebs they know

by Anonymousreply 1709/24/2013

What does "butt-hurt" mean?

by Anonymousreply 1809/24/2013

I've never heard 'butt-hurt'. How is it used?

by Anonymousreply 1909/24/2013

So ,R16, Michael Jackson,Tom Cruise,Ted Nugent and Slash don`t have a chance.

by Anonymousreply 2209/24/2013

R21, use it in a sentence. Still not sure how it is used.

by Anonymousreply 2409/24/2013

"OP got all butt hurt when I gushed about the new Miley video"

by Anonymousreply 2509/24/2013

"The OP got all butt-hurt when I said I didn't agree with him that Miley Cyrus was a better singer than P!nk."

by Anonymousreply 2709/24/2013

I'm not R16 but wild animals shouldn't be pets. Reptiles are still wild even if they've been bred in captivity. Domestication doesn't happen for many, many generations.

by Anonymousreply 2909/24/2013

[quote] [R16], I agree with you about each of those things except the last. I love reptiles! Do you dislike them, or are you just opposed to having them confined as pets?

I have no problem with reptiles, although they seem to be very boring pets, and the feeding the snake live mice thing is a problem.

They made my list because it has been my experience that people who keep them as pets have very unusual personalities, the sort of people who lean towards the "put the lotion in the basket" end of the scale.

I'm sure you're the exception that proves the rule.

by Anonymousreply 3209/24/2013

Tattoos.

Pets that eat other animals.

Any sign of cruelty or a mean streak.

The usual stuff.

by Anonymousreply 3309/24/2013

OP, what do have against 14-year-old girls?

by Anonymousreply 3409/24/2013

BREAKING! posts

by Anonymousreply 3509/24/2013

Aging, narcissistic queens like R36.

by Anonymousreply 3709/24/2013

Manscaping to the nth degree. So narcissistic.

That, and anyone who think's that "mutilated" is relevant.

by Anonymousreply 3809/24/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 4009/24/2013

R40 sums up pop culture red flags perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 4109/24/2013

I can agree with R40 as well.

And of course, R39's first sentence.

by Anonymousreply 4209/25/2013

[quote]Pets that eat other animals.

Dogs? Cats?

They're not vegetarians you know.

by Anonymousreply 4309/25/2013

Kidult shit like taking the Batman movies seriously -- I don't have an interest, and great if you do, but we're really not going to have anything to talk about.

People who use the word "awesome" as an all-purpose adjective.

Deliberate cruelty or lack of empathy.

I realize the first two aren't nearly in the same league with the last one, but in this case, the heart doesn't want what the heart doesn't want.

by Anonymousreply 4409/25/2013

R15 nails it.

by Anonymousreply 4609/25/2013

"Deliberate cruelty or lack of empathy."

R45, how about lack of empathy or cruelty that are not deliberate?

by Anonymousreply 4709/26/2013

Have to agree about adult Disney fags. And anyone over 25 who is into comic books or collecting toys. Run away.

Don't mind a few tattoos, or even a piercing (non genital), but the latest fad of the nose loop thing, like the hoop a bull or pig would have in its snout is fucking hideous.

Guys who can't manage money - while not trivial or trite, it is a deal breaker.

by Anonymousreply 4909/26/2013

[quote]Uncritically liking every piece of current mainstream shit, especially if it's aimed at 12-year-olds.

I don't know anyone who uncritically likes all pop culture. Even people who like pop culture don't like it all, and certainly are critical of it -- have you read the Gaga vs Katy threads here?

All I read when I see this thread is people getting older and freaked out about the alienation that goes with it. Which sucks, but that doesn't mean their youth is any more frivolous than yours way. Don't get bitter.

by Anonymousreply 5009/26/2013

Top or bottom? As a question this is getting as old as people that still ask are you gay?

Labels are meaningless...be open minded and figure it out. Boring ass questions...all robots.

by Anonymousreply 5109/26/2013

Obsession with sports (especially football) or playing video games

Religious

Doesn't like to read anything, no intellectual curiosity

by Anonymousreply 5209/26/2013

Many of you are using words that don't mean what they think you mean. Each one of you is dead to me.

Trite, sheepish, insidious. Like you got a word of the day calendar and couldn't be bothered to read the definition.

by Anonymousreply 5309/26/2013

[quote]People that treat service staff like shit.

Yes! Thank you for mentioning this one. It makes a person instantly ugly in my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 5509/26/2013

"Republican" covers a whole lot of horrible behavior, so no republicans.

Any gay man who calls other gay men "fags." Right there is an asshole. And although I do fuck assholes, I don't fuck assholes like that.

Juvenile behavior. I'm too old to put up with it and it's especially tiresome coming from 30 year olds who know 40 is coming up soon and are hoping their teen antics will somehow stop the aging process. It won't. The only thing that will stop the aging process is death. So good luck with that.

Racists, obviously, though that is pretty much covered by "republican."

by Anonymousreply 5609/26/2013

Currently seeing a cute guy and we went out for lunch yesterday. I'm pretty into him but discovered he doesnt know how to use chopsticks. We went for sushi and he ate it with a fork. He's from the middle east and is otherwise cultured and worldly but to be honest his not knowing how to use chopsticks has been sticking in my head since. I even tried to teach him and he just couldn't do it! Even the server was smirking at him.

by Anonymousreply 5709/26/2013

Some people are just dextrally(sp) uncoordinated, r59!

by Anonymousreply 5809/26/2013

Religious.

Republican.

Contempt for and inability to appreciate the fun of video games or sci-fi books or big pop-corn movies (i.e. people who have let their inner-child die, and who think 'play' is only for kids).

by Anonymousreply 5909/26/2013

The most trivial thing I can think of as a disqualifier (and yes, it's also trite) is that he chews with his mouth open. I can't fucking stand that; it would be a determining factor for me in terms of whether or not to start a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 6009/26/2013

My first ex had that issue, R62. It's amazing how such a trivial-seeming thing can really be such a huge issue.

I could hear him smacking his food from three rooms away.

by Anonymousreply 6109/26/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 6209/26/2013

[quote]Contempt for and inability to appreciate the fun of video games or sci-fi books or big pop-corn movies (i.e. people who have let their inner-child die, and who think 'play' is only for kids).

That was me until just a couple of years ago, when Game of Thrones came to HBO. Khaleesi and her dragons are so fierce, they brought back the joy I thought was dead.

by Anonymousreply 6309/26/2013

I don't think most of you have anything to worry about.

I suspect from the tone of these posts, none of you will be annoyed by any eligible men.

by Anonymousreply 6409/26/2013

I don't really judge people for liking stupid shit, but hatefulness and unkindness are deal-breakers for me.

As are snobbery, cynicism and unapologetic pretentiousness.

So I'm afraid you and I can never be, OP.

by Anonymousreply 6509/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.