Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

LinkedIn Questions

Must I post a photo of myself? I now have a permanent five-head and I haven't had a six pack in five years.

If I have to post a photo, must I wear a suit? I don't usually allow photographs because I can't stand my face - deep set eyes with a long nose.

Do I have to pay a fee? I'm hoping to provide a "web presence" and not seem so anonymous.

Do I have to catch up with old co-workers?

I've worked hard to remain anonymous on the web - avoiding Facebook, Twitter, and hook-up sites (because hook-ups are always serial killers).

by ARGHHHH! I'm old and I'll never get a job!reply 409/25/2013

Are you looking for a job? If so, then yes, you should have a pic. You don't need to show your six pack, OP. Just use a headshot. If you have a receding hairline, wear a hat? You don't need to dress up but the pic should not be you grabbing your balls, smoking or drinking. After all, Linked In is a professional site.

I know, it sucks. I had to reluctantly put a picture of myself on Linked In after I was told in a career bootcamp workshop that not having a photo is unprofessional. You probably look a lot better than you think you do.

If you're not actively looking for a job, then I don't see why you need a picture.

by ARGHHHH! I'm old and I'll never get a job!reply 109/25/2013

Isn't LinkedIn kind of over? It has bots that spam people in your address book even if you don't want that. I often get bot emails from people on LinkedIn who, I am certain, didn't choose to send that email to me.

by ARGHHHH! I'm old and I'll never get a job!reply 209/25/2013

They allowed me to opt out of access to my mailbox - although there were three screens begging for access.

In theory, linkedin allows potential recruiters to see if my employment history and references are real.

Apparently there's now a cottage industry of services that will provide fake references.

I'm not balding; I have lines on my forehead and I can't do bangs.

by ARGHHHH! I'm old and I'll never get a job!reply 309/25/2013

Yes, you have to post your photo. And it has to be full frontal.

by ARGHHHH! I'm old and I'll never get a job!reply 409/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.