Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jenny McCarthy: I'M NOT AGAINST FUCKING VACCINATIONS!

She was on Howard Stern yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 6702/05/2015

Talks about it here.

by Anonymousreply 109/24/2013

she's backtracking...go back to what she was saying a couple years ago. Whether she meant it or not, she made it seem like she was against vaccinations. If she truly was never against them, then she's simply not smart enough to word her thoughts clearly.

by Anonymousreply 309/24/2013

Kids do get A LOT of vaccinations now. I will never trust the medical community, aka, big pharma. They've done way too much damage. I don't knock her for pushing the theory. They still don't know why there is such a spike in autism. To say that vaccinations cannot be the cause is preposterous. Then tell us what the fuck is behind it! Something is causing the spike. It has to do with a child's health. How is it being handled today compared to decades ago? The amount of vaccinations is way different than it was before. It's not ridiculous to look at this. They used to promote smoking.

People who dismiss this theory could be eating their words in twenty years time.

I don't pretend to be an expert in autism, but I've seen this crap happen before, so-called experts crying "bunk," and then turn around and endorse it, pretending that they never ruled it out to begin with.

Kids are being raised in bubbles.

by Anonymousreply 409/24/2013

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 509/24/2013

Yeah, R5, and then when an outbreak of measles, diphtheria and whooping cough suddenly spreads like an epidemic, you'll be the first one at the doctors office begging for vaccines. The only reason you're not infected is because 99.9% of the population is vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 609/24/2013

I'm not "anti-vaccine" either, but I agree with R5 that it's only a good thing to be skeptical or at least leery of the pharmaceutical-run medical community. I certainly wouldn't endorse being one of those people who runs out to try every new pill, vaccine and treatment that big pharma is promoting ($$).

by Anonymousreply 709/24/2013

That's a good script Bill Gedde gave her to say.

by Anonymousreply 809/24/2013

Not only was she against vaccinations, she campaigned tirelessly claiming they caused autism. Who does she think she is, Romney?

by Anonymousreply 909/24/2013

What the world really needs is an inoculation against the likes of stupid idiots like R5.

by Anonymousreply 1009/24/2013

I'm not against the 'big 3' vaccinations but the fact is kids are required or encouraged to get much more than Measles, Mumps, and Rubella vaccinations. There is also of plenty of documented information out there about just how useless & corrupt the FDA is. I would say the best way to discourage crackpot conspiracy theory is transparency in the FDA and reformation of the drug trials in general. (Grammar trolls please give me a break its really early)

by Anonymousreply 1209/24/2013

The FDA is strong armed by big pharma and politicians.

by Anonymousreply 1309/24/2013

Any lab that could demonstrate truly dangerous effects(there are always some minor side effects) of a commonly used vaccine would instantly get the highest of profile publications. There would be a huge incentive to do such a thing.

That is how science works. It is independent labs using the scientific method to generate real evidence that is published in peer reviewed journals.

Currently there is no such evidence, science isn't perfect much it is beats people conspiracy theorying on the internet based on absolutely nothing.

by Anonymousreply 1409/24/2013

R13: there is a current measles outbreak due to lack of vaccination. Measles was considered to be eradicated in 2000.

by Anonymousreply 1509/24/2013

Didn't she also swear that she 'cured' her kid from autism due to some special diet? But then it came out that her son probably never had autism to begin with.

She sounds...confused.

by Anonymousreply 1609/24/2013

[quote]They still don't know why there is such a spike in autism

Because they've started diagnosing it more often so fraus can have a reason their kid is a antisocial nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 1709/24/2013

What we really need in this country is a vaccine against fucking cellulite.

by Anonymousreply 1809/24/2013

[all posts by flame bait troll #11 removed (violent racist homophobic right-wing misogynist), ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 2009/24/2013

[quote]Any lab that could demonstrate truly dangerous effects(there are always some minor side effects) of a commonly used vaccine would instantly get the highest of profile publications. There would be a huge incentive to do such a thing.

They're funded by pro-big pharma, dope. They're very inflexible and won't admit that they were wrong. It takes them a long time to change course. There's a lot of inside politics at play too. The people givong the funding make it known what they want and don't want to hear. How do you think anti-global warming oil companies get their so-called experts? Koch anyone? These people are bought and paid for. It's a fucking mess. So-called scientists have already made society obese. In turn, they get to push drugs.

by Anonymousreply 2109/24/2013

she based her belief that vaccinations were bad on faked medical research. it's not really her fault. she seems like a very loving mother.

by Anonymousreply 2309/24/2013

You can be vaccinated against fucking? Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 2409/24/2013

[quote]They used to promote smoking.

Who precisely?

[quote]I certainly wouldn't endorse being one of those people who runs out to try every new pill, vaccine and treatment that big pharma is promoting

There's an easy way around that. When I was diagnosed with high blood pressure a couple of years ago, I made it clear I didn't want the newest thing on the market (that might get withdrawn in a few years due to side effects).

I suggested lisinopril and Dyazide. Both have been on the market for decades, are considered safe, and are inexpensive.

My blood pressure is now under control, no side effects from the meds, and my pharmacy bill is negligible.

by Anonymousreply 2509/24/2013

Enough about vaccines, can you believe the local school's let Madysyn's friend Braedenn bring PEANUT BUTTER to the cafeteria?

by Anonymousreply 2609/24/2013

she has her own.. jenny mccarthty is a cunt website

by Anonymousreply 2709/24/2013

[quote]She is an ignorant old pinup girl who needs to shut her mouth.

She's an American citizen and can say what she wants. If she NEEDS to shut her mouth, so do you.

by Anonymousreply 2809/24/2013

Isn't this the same woman who once posed in print ads while sitting on a toilet?

by Anonymousreply 2909/24/2013

I believe vaccinations can be a tipping point for some children who have been exposed to various toxins up to that point. There are many incidents of children coming down with different autism spectrum symptoms just hours after getting a vaccine. The vaccine by itself doesn't cause these symptoms, but it's the culmination that makes the body react. Parents' doctors and science is looking for a singular cause, but there may not be one, because they are likely to be numerous factors. Exposure to lead, mercury, antibiotics, pesticides, herbicides, preservatives and other toxins and pollutants in our food, home, environment, etc.

by Anonymousreply 3009/24/2013

She'd fuck anything.

by Anonymousreply 3109/24/2013

This reminds me of a mom whose son is autistic. She posts the most inflammatory anti-vaccine, anti-GMO, anti-gluten, anti-flouride-water, etc etc blah blah blah on facebook all day long.

A recent report came out that suggested that a woman who is obese during pregnancy is more likely to have a child with autism. Being obese, she started posting obnoxious counter arguments on this completely baseless and hateful "research".

Being obese during pregnancy, which has also proliferated over the last few decades, is just as plausible as any other argument out there on the increase in autism.

Jenny McCarthy is a clueless bitch who completely attached her identity to saving her autistic son from his vaccine injury. Now that she looks like the total idiot that she is, she is backtracking in a rather hostile way.

Dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 3209/24/2013

Geesh, child rearing experts on a gay gossip board. Now I've seen every thing.

by Anonymousreply 3309/24/2013

My theory about Jenny McCarthy's son was that he was never autistic. He just inherited his mother's intelligence. (or lack there of to be more specific.

by Anonymousreply 3409/24/2013

I agree with r32.

Jenny McCarthy is not a scientist and went too far into activism because of her beliefs about her own son's condition. She was probably right about him as much as she was wrong about vaccinations being wrong for everyone.

She is not very bright, but to pretend that people are not harmed everyday by vaccinations, drugs, antibiotics or other medical treatments deemed safe or necessary is to be ignorant of a lot of suffering.

Doctors very much rely on empirical evidence, but increasingly do not blame chronic or paradoxical illness on hysteria. The unknown is larger than it has been in 70 years in non fatal illness.

by Anonymousreply 3509/24/2013

Umm R22 do you mean the big Koch funded study that found global warming had undeniable evidence? Because that is actually what ended up happening.

And big pharma sure has a lot of money to throw around but that normally goes into private development, most academic labs are just funded by the NIH and their subsidiaries.

I don't know why I am arguing with you, you are just typing away on your keyboard talking about things that you have zero knowledge of.

It's unfortunate that we have a noticeable culture in taking pride in ignorance that have allowed view points like anti-vaccination, anti-evolution, anti-climate change and other non-science based tin foil nuttery to take hold without needing any actual evidence other than just nice sounding conspiracy theories.

by Anonymousreply 3609/24/2013

That's because science has cured/slowed a lot of fatal illnesses.

We have more non-fatal illness now than in any other time in human history.

Go back to the days before vaccines, food preservatives, fertilizers and die of hunger, childbirth or measles before you turn 40.

For most of history, child birth was the number one killer of women. Now, murder is the number one killer of pregnant women.

by Anonymousreply 3709/24/2013

[quote] Jenny said she thought some of the old diseases might have to come back because vaccinations.

WTF?

Because vaccinations what?

by Anonymousreply 3809/24/2013

I have a friend who is vehemently against vaccinations because she believes they cause autism. Girlfriend even had a blog about it slamming vaccinations constantly. She refused to vaccinate her two sons. NEWSFLASH: Her oldest son was recently diagnosed with autism. Cue sad trombone!

by Anonymousreply 3909/24/2013

[quote] They still don't know why there is such a spike in autism

I know why.

1.) Because we call it autism now. In the past it was called mental retardation, childhood schizophrenia and childhood psychosis.

2.) Because children with these conditions were placed in the care of the state in psychiatric hospitals and developmental centers. I saw them. I did my psychiatric training when these facilities still existed. They are all closed down now and most have been razed. Now families must cope with even the most severe destructive behavior of profound autism at home. Suddenly, when people had to care for their own autistic children, they noticed it.

by Anonymousreply 4009/24/2013

I bet you don't hear many people who were around during the Polio epidemic arguing against vaccinations. This is Generation X stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 4102/02/2015

I know she's a slut and all, but did Howard point out that Jenny cannot actually fuck a vaccination ? Did he let one of his midgets have a go at the old girl ?

by Anonymousreply 4202/02/2015

I think it goes back to the diet of the mother.

by Anonymousreply 4302/02/2015

"I'm not anti-vaccine, but..."

YES, you ARE anti-vaccine you asshole!

by Anonymousreply 4402/02/2015

Artificial sweeteners have been linked to autism more than vaccines.

Funny how that us overlooked....

by Anonymousreply 4502/02/2015

R41,

and all of those poor seniors who endured polio while young are now experiencing a resurgence of the disease, causing terrible pain and immobility.

No one predicted that polio would come back to torment it's initial victims but it has.

However, I do think it's good to question the multiple-vaccines, I'm talking eighteen-in-one and all.

But without the polio vaccine we would not even have a functioning country, that's how bad it was.

Oh, and both my parents had measles when young, and they told me it was something to be expected, but many children went blind or died.

Thank God for the big-three vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 4602/02/2015

[quote]R45

Which would also explain why the likelihood of giving birth to a child with Autism has increased over the decades once artificial sweeteners became more prevalent in the manufacturing of food & drink for a diet conscious society.

by Anonymousreply 4702/02/2015

Ouch.

by Anonymousreply 4802/05/2015

What we really need in this country is a vaccine against stupid fucking idiot breeders.

by Anonymousreply 4902/05/2015

It's only fair to blame CNN, Larry King and Oprah Winfrey for giving Jenny a public platform, and Jim Carrey, fellow anti-vaccine activist.

by Anonymousreply 5002/05/2015

^ "also" blame, that is.

by Anonymousreply 5102/05/2015

Jenny McCarthy, writing in the Chicago Sun-Times on April 12, 2014:

I am not “anti-vaccine.” This is not a change in my stance nor is it a new position that I have recently adopted. For years, I have repeatedly stated that I am, in fact, “pro-vaccine” and for years I have been wrongly branded as “anti-vaccine.”

Jenny McCarthy to CNN on Sept. 26, 2007:

I mean moms and pregnant women are coming up to me on the street going, I don’t know what to do. I don’t know what to do. And I don’t know what to tell them, because I am surely not going to tell anyone to vaccinate. But if I had another child, there’s no way in hell.

Jenny McCarthy in the Chicago Sun-Times on April 12, 2014:

Blatantly inaccurate blog posts about my position have been accepted as truth by the public at large as well as media outlets (legitimate and otherwise), who have taken those false stories and repeatedly turned them into headlines. What happened to critical thinking? What happened to asking questions because every child is different?

Jenny McCarthy in the Huffington Post on March 9, 2010:

Time magazine’s article on the autism debate reports that the experts are certain “vaccines don’t cause autism; they don’t injure children; they are the pillar of modern public health.” I say, “that’s a lie and we’re sick of it.”

This is what I have said: “People have the misconception that we want to eliminate vaccines,” I told Time Magazine science editor Jeffrey Kluger in 2009. “Please understand that we are not an anti-vaccine group. We are demanding safe vaccines. We want to reduce the schedule and reduce the toxins.”

Jenny McCarthy’s full quote to Time Magazine in an interview published on April 1, 2009:

People have the misconception that we want to eliminate vaccines. Please understand that we are not an antivaccine group. We are demanding safe vaccines. We want to reduce the schedule and reduce the toxins. If you ask a parent of an autistic child if they want the measles or the autism, we will stand in line for the f___ing measles.

I believe in the importance of a vaccine program and I believe parents have the right to choose one poke per visit. I’ve never told anyone to not vaccinate.

Jenny McCarthy speaking to Frontline on Jan. 8, 2010:

Obviously, if polio came back with a vengeance, I think the unvaccinated children should get a polio vaccine. But until then, I don’t see the harm in skipping maybe a chicken pox or delaying hepatitis B.

Jenny McCarthy to Time in the same interview published on April 1, 2009:

I do believe sadly it’s going to take some diseases coming back to realize that we need to change and develop vaccines that are safe. If the vaccine companies are not listening to us, it’s their f___ing fault that the diseases are coming back. They’re making a product that’s s___. If you give us a safe vaccine, we’ll use it. It shouldn’t be polio versus autism.

by Anonymousreply 5202/05/2015

[quote]I believe parents have the right to choose one poke per visit

Please, Jenny, let's clean it up a little. Call it a jab.

by Anonymousreply 5302/05/2015

R52 Tell me your profession or something interesting about you, I simply must know. What a clever post! You could be a prosecutor, you know how to lay your shit on the table. We need more people like you in here....

by Anonymousreply 5402/05/2015

There's a very sad true story about 1940s actress Gene Tierney. She went to an autograph signing event, and shook lots of hands, while in her first trimester of pregnancy. She contracted German measles. Her child was born prematurely with mental disabilities, deaf and with cataracts. About a year later, a female service member contacted her, saying, remember that tour? I had the measles and broke quarantine to see you. You were my favorite.

The child, Daria, ended up in an institution. She had the intelligence of an infant. 35 years later she was still there.

This is what Jenny McCarthy is going to make happen, all over the country, with her superstitious crap. It would probably take this happening to another celebrity mom before she would give a damn.

by Anonymousreply 5502/05/2015

[quote] there are many incidents of children coming down with different autism spectrum symptoms just hours after getting a vaccine.

[quote] Rod Stewart had to have his stomach pumped because he swallowed so much cum.

[quote] They found needles inside the ball pit at McDonalds

All three are urban myths with absolutely no basis in reality.

The problem is too many otherwise intelligent people believe the fist one.

McCarthy has become a lightening rod for the antivax backlash. We have not seen the beginning of it. It's only going to get worse because few groups make better scapegoats than rich Santa Monica liberals.

by Anonymousreply 5602/05/2015

Fear of autism has people being cool with the possibility of measles and polio-- which is just so freaking stupid.

Jenny McCarthy has done so much damage, I just can't--.

by Anonymousreply 5702/05/2015

Who is the doctor who accompanied Jenny McCarthy on her anti-vaccine media tour? Is he under fire at all? I never hear his name.

by Anonymousreply 5802/05/2015

I was talking to my father a retired physician about this issue last month. The number of children being diagnosed with autism is an epidemic worse than any outbreaks that have been in the press since the anti-vaccine activists started their movement. There has been a marked increase in autism (this is common knowledge). The physicians receive grants/funding from big pharma. I do not fully trust the corporate/pharma funded and staffed CDC have been completely forthcoming or that they have agressively pursued research to identify the cause of this epidemic. I do believe that vaccines save lives. That being said, I have to wonder if the CDC suggested schedule and concentration of vaccines is part of the problem. I have not heard of any studies which compare a less frequent, lower load of vaccination to the current specs. Perhaps this is as simple as lowering the number of vaccines scheduled per visit and increasing the time between shots. Also, the physician should not give shots to any child who has a compromised immune system (including verification of any recent illness).

All of this would seem to be a no brainer but is not policy. We know that children's immune systems are at high risk from exposure to mercury. Mercury is widely present in fish products etc. This issue is frustrating because the increase in autism is likely due to a series of converging factors (immune system, exposure to environmental chemicals and a heavy load of vaccines or other medications). Big Pharma seems to have no interest in researching this.

by Anonymousreply 5902/05/2015

[quote] We know that children's immune systems are at high risk from exposure to mercury. Mercury is widely present in fish products etc.

You didn't talk to your father about this, did you R59?

He would have told you that the mercury in vaccines is different than the mercury in fish, the mercury that harms people.

He would have told you that all the chemicals in a vaccine have been tested on billions of people and found to be safe.

I get that autism is a tragedy but blaming it on vaccines has all the scientific heft of dunking witches.

by Anonymousreply 6002/05/2015

Has anyone done a study on the relationship between the rise in audism and paternal age? Because late paternal age correlates to a greater likelihood of autism and other mental illnesses, and IMHO there's more men becoming fathers at a late age.

by Anonymousreply 6102/05/2015

Something to ponder.

The true epidemic is autism. How many cases of polio do we have from non-vaccination the States? As per the search I just conducted it appears the answer is zero. However, I absolutely believe vaccines are critical to the prevention of polio and other diseases.

Instead of attacking the anti-vaccine movement, we need to pressure the CDC and government to address this issue (cause and effect of the autism epidemic). This reminds me of the governments attack on gays and the hiv epidemic. If gays stopped engaging in deviant behavior (their words) they would not get sick. Parents are motivated by fear because they do not know what is causing the autism epidemic. Unsure of whether not not vaccines are playing a role in the epidemic they opt out. If we could shift the issue to determining the cause and introducing the appropriate action, we could resolve this issue.

by Anonymousreply 6202/05/2015

Actually r59 "big pharma" have done hundreds of robust studies. I notice that the anti vaccine nutters never do trials or if they are they aren't publishing them because genuine trials would prove the opposite of what they're preaching. The online "studies" cobbled together by people who have no understanding of science don't count.

Only one vaccine has mercury in it and the amount is so small, you eat way more just eating some tuna. There is a non mercury option available now anyway. You can also ask that your childrens vaccines are given one at a time if you're so frightened of the MMR. Of course if your dad was really a doctor you'd know this.

There are no more autistic kids than there ever were. Once upon time they were labelled retarded, backward, eccentric, loners, idiot savants or slow. I know this because I spent years working with autistic children. Let me tell you what people related to autistic kids don't want to accept, it's genetic, someone in the family also has autism. Grandpa, uncle Bob, dad, someone.I've seen it. I've also seen people who chose not to vaccinate their second child and guess what? Despite the no vaccine, more often than not they were autistic too.

by Anonymousreply 6302/05/2015

[quote]Rod Stewart had to have his stomach pumped because he swallowed so much cum.

I remember that! Bet it was not a vaccination side effect Rod was expecting.

by Anonymousreply 6502/05/2015
Need more help? Click Here.