Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Biphasic Sleeping

Has anybody tried a biphasic sleeping schedule?

I don't have a set schedule. Got laid off in June and have been doing some freelancing. I've always had issues with my sleep. When I don't have a set schedule I generally fall into a sleep until noon and stay up until 3 am.

This time I have fallen into a schedule of sleeping from around 3 am until 9 am or so. I then take a nap around 6pm to 9 or so.

I'm feeling more rested, but it's an odd schedule. I've read that some think it's healthier. Since I do t haver to be anywhere I thought I'd go with it.

Does anybody else sleep like this?

by Anonymousreply 509/25/2013

We have no idea what you're talking about, OP.

by Anonymousreply 109/24/2013

I recently read a news article about this. Researchers say this is the way people slept before artificial lighting (gas and electric) was commonplace.

by Anonymousreply 209/24/2013

I sleep like this.

by Anonymousreply 309/24/2013

Hi generally sleep from 10:30 PM until 2:30 AM. Then I read for an hour or so then go back to bed around four and wake up at eight.

Works for me!

by Anonymousreply 409/24/2013

R2, you think people slept from 3am to 9am and then, again, from 6pm to 9pm before electricity?

You better read that article again.

Natural sleeping patterns would follow the day/night cycle. Melatonin levels determine wakefulness and sleepiness. They go up and down with the sun. There was a recent study that people who went camping for a week had their circadian rhythms move to early to bed, early to rise rather quickly. Even night owls started to live by the natural circadian rhythms.

Personally, I need a reset so maybe I should go camping.

by Anonymousreply 509/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!