Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BREAKING! Meryl Streep and Glenn Close positioned to compete for the Best Actress Oscar next year!

Meryl Streep, already creating Oscar buzz for her portrayal of the Witch in the still-being-filmed big screen adaptation of Into The Woods, will likely cross paths on the road to Oscar glory with none other than Glenn Close, reportedly a fierce contender in the big screen original drama Always On My Mind, co-starring Nick Nolte.

I can barely contain myself just thinking about next year's Oscar campaign season!

by Anonymousreply 3509/25/2013

Who fucking cares? I never understand why people who are not in the industry and don't have family/friends in the industry give a shit about who wins what award? Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 109/24/2013

[quote]Meryl Streep, already creating Oscar buzz for her portrayal of the Witch in the still-being-filmed big screen adaptation of Into The Woods,

Oh, honey... Oscar buzz among whom? The ATC regulars? Don't make us laugh.

by Anonymousreply 209/24/2013

I think you mean the year after next, OP, because neither of those films will be finished in time for next years Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 309/24/2013

[quote] Oscar buzz among whom? The ATC regulars? Don't make us laugh.

Try to not to be such a cunt, G. Envy is an ugly trait.

by Anonymousreply 409/24/2013

"Always On My Mind" hasn't even started filming according to IMDB.

by Anonymousreply 509/24/2013

I'm just doing "Into the Woods" for the money. Not awards. I mean hello...Rob Marshall is directing!

by Anonymousreply 609/24/2013

OP, R1 is right, you know. Your post shrieks of a lost and lonely life. Why don't you outdoors and make some friends.

by Anonymousreply 709/24/2013

r7, your post wreaks of cuntiness

by Anonymousreply 809/24/2013

Wreaks? Really, you want to spell it that way, ASSHOLE! Get a dictionary you illiterate parasite.

by Anonymousreply 909/24/2013

heal your anger r7/r9...that is the purpose of life

by Anonymousreply 1009/24/2013

The truth about the matter, OP, is that everyone on DL sick of your stupid BREAKING BREAKING BREAKING headlines. It is a pathetic attempt for attention and you seriously need help.

by Anonymousreply 1109/24/2013

OP is hardly the only one who does it, R11.

by Anonymousreply 1209/24/2013

Maybe not the only shit stain who does it, but he does it.

by Anonymousreply 1309/24/2013

Fucking OP wants to be reincarnated as Hedda Hopper.

by Anonymousreply 1409/24/2013

No matter who else is nominated its going to be between Cate Blanchett and Judi Dench ( co-stars of the 2006 Notes On A Scandal).

Cate has already started her oscar campaign - here in the UK I have seen her on 3 morning tv shows, a heavyweight political one and two showbiz gossip frau ones, so she is covering all bases. The Dench film has not opened yet but she is expected to garner raves too as the Irish woman looking for her lost child.

So, Cate or Judi ?

by Anonymousreply 1509/24/2013

Even if this came to pass, the voters may well feel that Meryl has been honoured enough, and it should be someone else's turn, possibly Glenn's.

by Anonymousreply 1609/24/2013

Of course r15 neither Cate nor Judi are American - so that may go against them if non-Americans won last year. See - I can't even remember who won last year, that shows how trivial it has all become.

by Anonymousreply 1709/24/2013

Judi Dench hasn't been nominated in several years now, so I certainly hope she gets another nomination, and maybe even award.

by Anonymousreply 1809/24/2013

I think Jennifer Lawrence won last year, R17. (or should that be this year?)

by Anonymousreply 1909/24/2013

Dench's PHILOMENA is going to be a wow and its a total departure for her, as the Irish mother whose son was taken away by the church and she tries to find him. Very topical. and its by Stephen Frears who scored with Mirren and The Queen.

Blanchett is garnering raves for Blue Jasmine, Woody's best in years, so that is on a roll - as long as it does not peak too early.

by Anonymousreply 2009/24/2013

Thanks, that shows how forgettable Jennifer Lawrence is !

by Anonymousreply 2109/24/2013

OP, how can there be 'oscar buzz' about something still being filmed and not been previewed yet? Do explain .... unless Meryl has her PR team working overtime ?

by Anonymousreply 2209/24/2013

Emma Thompson may also be in the mix for this forthcoming one where she plays the writer of Mary Poppins who is in Hollywood for talks with Walt Disney, played by Tom Hanks, and she also has a prestige costume drama Effie coming out.

But I think Judi and Cate will be the main contenders. Perhaps they could share it ?

by Anonymousreply 2309/24/2013

Please stop the speculation already. These stupid awards are absolutely meaningless. It just reflects which company did the best job promoting their movies and stars.

by Anonymousreply 2409/24/2013

r7/r9 is enraged by this thread yet is responsible for the dull Japanese people marching thread

by Anonymousreply 2509/24/2013

This is so fucking ****BREAKING****, it isn't going to happen for two years.

by Anonymousreply 2609/24/2013

It's not a real Oscar race unless Sally Kirkland is a runner.

by Anonymousreply 2709/24/2013

When is Meryl going to give us a chance to miss her?

At this point, I'd rather pay to see Glenn Close in anything than watch a screener of Meryl in Oscarbait.

by Anonymousreply 2809/24/2013

Give it to Glenn. I've been honored enough. Well, not enough. But, okay, I'm having trouble expressing myself.

by Anonymousreply 2909/24/2013

For a group that hates the evil 1%, you sure spend a lot of time worshipping them.

by Anonymousreply 3009/24/2013

Clearly Nick Nolte wasn't able to negotiate co-star approval rights in his contract.

by Anonymousreply 3109/25/2013

The M - G routine has moved past "tired" into "pathetic." Are you really that devoid of invention that you have to keep bearing it to death, r31?

by Anonymousreply 3209/25/2013

r32=I must control things that are not in my control!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3309/25/2013

I'm convinced that R32 is my dear Glennie, wanting to put a stop to our correspondence because it makes her feel, well... like a television actress.

by Anonymousreply 3409/25/2013

Meryl, Aren't you more irritated with poor dear Viola nowadays?

by Anonymousreply 3509/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.