Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why am I glad the pompous Kevin Spacey didn't win last night ?

I'm not a staunch 'come out of the closet' person - think it's up to an individual, when they feel comfortable. But seeing his smug act at The Emmys, made me think what a phony he is

by Trick from last weekreply 3910/20/2013

I can't stand this smarmy bitch. I want to beat him up without fucking him.

by Trick from last weekreply 109/23/2013

Because- and I'm going out on a limb here - you think he's pompous?

by Trick from last weekreply 209/23/2013

R1 believes he was due a bigger tip after that date with Kevin arranged on Craigslist.

by Trick from last weekreply 309/23/2013

Who did he bring with him? Is she pretty?

by Trick from last weekreply 409/23/2013

r3: Hi, Kev!

by Trick from last weekreply 509/23/2013

I'm glad he didn't win because he didn't deserve it. (OTOH the only one who deserved it less than him was Jeff Daniels.) I liked "House of Cards," but acting-wise Spacey simply wasn't in the same league as Bryan Cranston or Jon Hamm.

by Trick from last weekreply 609/23/2013

I'm sure he expressed his displeasure last night when he came home. Let's just say the Spacey home almost certainly has far fewer intact vases, plates, and dishes than it had two nights ago.

by Trick from last weekreply 709/23/2013

I'm sure the close-up of him where he angrily waved the camera away had to do with his fury at not winning.

by Trick from last weekreply 809/23/2013

Kevin was robbed!

by Trick from last weekreply 909/23/2013

A friend of mine referred to him as "the kind of actor that someone's suburban father would think is a good actor, just because he always plays the kind of asshole suburban fathers wish they could be at work."

by Trick from last weekreply 1009/24/2013

I was actually glad he didn't win either! I'm a fan tbh he is a good actor and I know if I see anything with him in it his performance will be good if not great.

But it was more to do with the fact that he is a 2 time Oscar winner and predominantly a film star. I mean he got out of TV in the late 80s to get into film to win those oscars and become an A-lister then he left when he couldn't handle the media and ran with his tail between his legs to London theatre. NOW he wants in with the golden age of TV to steal the thunder of all those that struggled to get their creative voices heard and talents seen?

Puhlease. Bryan Cranston (in particular) and Jeff Daniels were probably waiting to get their hands on good material forever. Poor Cranston was stuck on that crappy Malcolm show for ages. I hate that Spacey can just barge in because he is a 2 time Oscar winner and has the right connections.

Don't even get me started on how they keep going on about how netflix is so innovative. THERES BEEN ONLINE ORIGINAL PROGRAMMING FOR AWHILE NOW HELLO.

Let the TV people, underdogs, struggling artists and OPEN actors have their time to shine.

by Trick from last weekreply 1109/24/2013

Spot on, R10.

by Trick from last weekreply 1209/24/2013

Kevin' body is a horror - and that thing between his legs, laughable

by Trick from last weekreply 1309/24/2013

Glad he lost, he is gross. I've heard way too many stories about him that turn my stomach.

by Trick from last weekreply 1409/24/2013

He stole my phone!!!!

by Trick from last weekreply 1509/24/2013

House of Cards has largely been considered the Emmys' big loser last night--it won only best director for an episode, and best cinematography.

by Trick from last weekreply 1609/24/2013

Will someone explain to us turds why Netflix was even considered for an Emmy? Was this shown on TV?

by Trick from last weekreply 1709/24/2013

UK production of House Of Cards was infinitely better.

by Trick from last weekreply 1809/24/2013

[quote]Will someone explain to us turds why Netflix was even considered for an Emmy?

Because it is 2013.

by Trick from last weekreply 1909/24/2013

I resisted watching House of Cards, mostly because I don't like Spacey at all.

I gave in and really like the show, but I still hate him.

by Trick from last weekreply 2009/24/2013

He might not have an Emmy or Grammy, but the guy certainly has an EGO.

by Trick from last weekreply 2109/24/2013

R21. Excellent, and very funny!

by Trick from last weekreply 2209/24/2013

[quote]Why am I glad the pompous Kevin Spacey didn't win last night

Want I should tell you why I'm glad no one gives a flying fuck what you think?

by Trick from last weekreply 2309/24/2013

Is R23 Kevin or his agents or a frau? Everyone in this thread does give a flying fuck otherwise we wouldn't all be agreeing with each other. DERP. Go away.

by Trick from last weekreply 2409/24/2013

I must be the only one who thought Daniels was, if not a lock, at least a shoo-in for this. Cranston, Hamm and Spacey were all potential spoilers, obviously, but I'm glad Daniels won. There is no faulting his performance on The Newsroom.

House of Cards was all right but the most impressive thing Spacey did was go down hard on Kate Mara. (I'm sure there was a bucket near by. I mean, another bucket.)

The writing was only mediocre at best, the pointless asides to the camera often working against Spacey convincing us he was an insider as they usual just confirmed the most obvious things. They would've done better to make Spacey's character bi-sexual.

Robin Wright was absolutely exquisite in it. It's a shame she didn't win.

by Trick from last weekreply 2509/24/2013

Oh well, back to fucking the understudies!

by Trick from last weekreply 2609/24/2013

Hated House of Cards. Like watching paint dry. Or ladies golf.

by Trick from last weekreply 2709/24/2013

He's fucking hilarious and provided the only laughs of the evening. And the swipe at the camera wasn't fury Dear, he was just shooing the camera away because they get so close to your face, and it was funny.

by Trick from last weekreply 2809/24/2013

It wasn't funny.

I am glad he didn't win but I for sure thought either he or Cranston would get it.

I couldn't get through the Newsroom without wanting to gouge my eyes out but from what I saw and from what I hear Daniels is good.

Poor Jon Hamm. Will he ever win?

by Trick from last weekreply 2909/24/2013

R29, is it time for us to start calling you the "gouge my eyes out watching Newsroom" troll? Because it keeps making its appearance. Just checking. Of course you are right about it. I'm wearing an eye patch myself as I type.

by Trick from last weekreply 3009/24/2013

R25 's emotional investment in all of this is sad and creepy

by Trick from last weekreply 3109/24/2013

Why should I be labelled the troll if its actually the common reaction hence not a trollish thing to say?

But sure you can cause quite frankly I don't mind being that type of troll. A troll that speaks the truth is fine by me.

by Trick from last weekreply 3209/24/2013

Kevin Spacey's American accent in House of Cards is atrocious. He has become like Madonna and Gwyneth; they try so hard to lose their US accent and obtain a posh London one, in the end they don't have the ability to sound convincing as either.

by Trick from last weekreply 3309/24/2013

If he's such a great actor why can't he convincingly play a straight man?

That should be the first thing brought up in any discussion of La Spacey.

by Trick from last weekreply 3409/24/2013

[quote]The writing was only mediocre at best, the pointless asides to the camera often working against Spacey convincing us he was an insider as they usual just confirmed the most obvious things. They would've done better to make Spacey's character bi-sexual.

YES.

I found the whole thing dull as shit, none of the scandals were interesting and the whole thing consisted of dimly-lit gray rooms. Total piece of shit, if it was a feature film it wouldn't have raised any interest, but because its on television its considered art.

by Trick from last weekreply 3509/24/2013

[quote]Will someone explain to us turds why Netflix was even considered for an Emmy? Was this shown on TV?

You can only watch House Of Cards on Netflix. That's why.

by Trick from last weekreply 3609/24/2013

is this a tongue in cheek article inferring that him and Charlize Theron are both gay?

and whats up with her hair? is she trying to say she should have played Diana and saved that film?

by Trick from last weekreply 3710/20/2013

I also saw a podcast on Gold Derby where they went through all the criteria that is required for a winning performance. One was empathy.

I'm sorry but in no way did Spacey make the audience feel empathy towards Frank. Probably just the way its written but with that criteria he would never have won.

by Trick from last weekreply 3810/20/2013

The fact that mainstream media will not discuss the reasoning for the World Trade Center 7 collapse blows my mind.

by Trick from last weekreply 3910/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.