Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Emmys see big ratings bump thanks to Cory Monteith Casket Dance

Great, all they have to do is kill off the remaining cast of Glee and they'll having ratings gold every year.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 3009/25/2013

Good thing I got out when I did.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 109/23/2013

No one credits the charm of the host?

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 209/23/2013

r3, we're not talking about the reviews; we're talking about the ratings.

Huge audiences do not plan to watch ahead of time because they anticipate NPH is going to be charming.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 309/23/2013

A friend had no clue why Diahann Carroll read most of what she said. Told him that everyone on DL knows she has dementia which we learned from the National Enquirer.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 409/23/2013

[quote][R3], we're not talking about the reviews; we're talking about the ratings.

So am I.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 509/23/2013

[quote]Great, all they have to do is kill off the remaining cast of Glee and they'll having ratings gold every year.

It's a win-win situation.

Good ratings and no more Glee.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 609/23/2013

exactly what makes anyone think the ratings are attributable to the Monteith tribute?

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 709/23/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 809/23/2013

Surely, my Jonathan Winters tribute played a part in the big ratings bump.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 909/23/2013

Don't call us Shirley.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 1009/23/2013

Did they really have people dance with a casket? I'd have tuned in for that!

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 1109/23/2013

Everything about that show was kind of fucked up, but I'm glad Breaking Bad won best drama.

The 9 Weirdest Emmy Winners

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 1209/23/2013

God, R13, of course they didn't. How stupid. No one danced on the casket. Lea just stood atop it and sang a FUNNY GIRL medley ("cuz Corey would have wanted me to") while Chris Colfer dry humped it and harmonized a third above her between sobbing fits.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 1309/23/2013

Stupid.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 1409/23/2013

What that Deadline article doesn't tell you is that the ratings were frontloaded. The first 30 minutes of the telecast had 19.28 million viewers, but by the last 30 minutes, they only pulled in 11.72 million viewers.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 1509/23/2013

[quote]Chris Colfer will get his own tribute after his untimely death from lube poisoning.

That doesn't even make sense.

What the fuck is wrong with you, gramps?

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 1609/23/2013

I thought the tributes were tacky save the one for Jean Stapleton. It would have been better to show clips of their work.

...and some drug addict vs. Larry Hagman....hideous.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 1709/24/2013

Its called self fulfilling prophecy, R8.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 1809/24/2013

I thought Edie Falco's speech was the most touching moment of the whole evening.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 1909/24/2013

Larry Hagman was into booze and drugs too. Just not the kind you can easily OD on.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 2009/24/2013

The ratings for the Emmy's this year would have been a disaster if it didn't have a 20 million viewer lead-in from the NFL game. I don't remember the last time a broadcast had such a big lead-in. CBS pulled 60 Minutes from its usual timeslot to give the lead-in to the Emmy's.

The 30-minute drop-offs are the real story.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 2109/24/2013

Hey, what about me?

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 2209/24/2013

NPH was not nearly as entertaining as he has been on the Tonys.

And how come NO ONE is talking about HOW HUGELY FAT Nathan Fillion has become? And did you see him panting long after he was finished dancing? That was embarrassing - I was embarrassed for him.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 2309/25/2013

R25, do a search for Nathan Fillion here. We've been talking about his weight for quite a while.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 2409/25/2013

I did, R26. All the Fillion is fat threads are full up, and no one's started a new one - which is surprising, given how enormous he was on Sunday night.

Sad, really...

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 2509/25/2013

Nathan looked a tad thinner to me on Sunday.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 2609/25/2013

[quote]Huge audiences do not plan to watch ahead of time because they anticipate NPH is going to be charming.

Do you know anything about TV viewership? "Huge audiences" plan very little about their TV viewing, especially when it comes to a Sunday night awards show. Most channel surf and stumble upon whatever catches their eye, and others "jump" between two or more shows in the same timeslot to avoid commercial breaks. An awards show is exactly the sort of programming that attracts surfers and jumpers, and if the host is, indeed, charming, there's a good chance he'll catch some of the channel hoppers and get them to stick around longer.

Are you actually picturing people with dog-earred TV Guides planning their TV viewing in advance?

The ratings bump has at least as much to do with the host as it does with anything else.

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 2709/25/2013

ratings fell off at 9 for Breaking Bad

by Simon Halls's Bag of Orangesreply 2809/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.