Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"I Hope You Find It" Cher, live

Live on The Today Show, I love the song.

by Anonymousreply 1510/21/2013

This is her best song in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 109/23/2013

Miley Cyrus cover.

by Anonymousreply 209/23/2013

Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 309/23/2013

Bamp

by Anonymousreply 409/23/2013

Those pants are dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 509/24/2013

The song is another flop like Woman's World. Once again, this single didn't chart in the US and only peaked at an embarrassing #25 in the UK.

Her last Top 10 single in the UK was "The Music's No Good Without You", which went to #8 12 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 610/21/2013

The song is decent. It's just ageism that is preventing it from being a hit. Heck, if "Woman's World" had been released earlier or hadn't been leaked 6 months before the release date, it would have likely charted in the top 100.

by Anonymousreply 710/21/2013

Why does she keep releasing the shitty songs when there are decent ones like "Take It Like A Man," "My Love," "Lovers Forever," and "Sirens"?

by Anonymousreply 810/21/2013

I refuse to believe that "The Music's no Good Without You" charted that high. You wanna talk about a shitty song-there's your go-to.

by Anonymousreply 910/21/2013

TM'sNGWY was a lot better than Song For The Lonely.

by Anonymousreply 1010/21/2013

Oh, god, the "Music's No Good Without" fangurl just won't give up. That song charted due to it being the follow-up to the "Believe" era. "Closer to the Truth" is a million x better than "Living Proof" which was produced within an inch of its life. "Closer to the Truth" has heart in it, and isn't some gimmick or trying to be "Part 2" to any previous album. It's more organic. "Living Proof" was contrived.

At any rate, "Closer to the Truth" is her highest-charting album in the US, and second highest in the UK. Her previous high-debut was #1 back in 1991. Cher having an album chart this high, breaking her solo career's records at 67 is a triumph.

The money's in touring, and her "Dressed to Kill Tour" will make millions.

by Anonymousreply 1110/21/2013

[quote]At any rate, "Closer to the Truth" is her highest-charting album in the US, and second highest in the UK. Her previous high-debut was #1 back in 1991. Cher having an album chart this high, breaking her solo career's records at 67 is a triumph.

Yeah, but in its 3rd week it still hasn't sold as much as Living Proof in its debut week.

by Anonymousreply 1210/21/2013

R11 Looks like the "Closer to the Flop" fangurl can't accept that the album is a total flop. "Living Proof" was a million times better than this piece of shit, and sales prove that the public agrees. As R12 stated, in it's 3rd week this flop STILL hasn't sold as much as Living Proof did in it's first week.

[quote]At any rate, "Closer to the Truth" is her highest-charting album in the US, and second highest in the UK.

How many times do we have to go over this? Chart positions don't mean shit; it's the SALES that matter.

And quit with the "ageism" bullshit. After all, Cher had her biggest hit of her career at 52 years old. If the music was good, people would've bought it. But these songs sound like dated horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 1310/21/2013

[quote]I refuse to believe that "The Music's no Good Without You" charted that high. You wanna talk about a shitty song-there's your go-to.

Read it and weep honey. TMNGWY was a Top 20 hit all over Europe:

UK #8

Spain #8

Sweden #13

Czech Republic #3

Denmark #12

Romania #5

Finland #19

Greece #11

Italy #6

Norway #20

It also went to #5 in Canada.

"Woman's Flop" and "I Hope You Flop It" however were both total flops and couldn't even get into the Top 20 in little European countries. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 1410/21/2013

I know it's true, HONEY, but I still refuse to believe it. Now, keep tossing around witty bon mots like "I Hope You Flop It" and you're sure to find the man you so desperately need.

by Anonymousreply 1510/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.