Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

CNN's cast of British (and Aussie) reporters and anchors

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 4805/27/2015

British and Aussie Passports are much better, in terms of getting into war-torn countries, than US passports.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 109/23/2013

Any gossip on Becky Anderson?

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 209/23/2013

Or Michael Holmes?

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 309/23/2013

Or Max Foster?

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 409/23/2013

R2: A few years ago, there were some threads here on datalounge asking about Becky Anderson's sexuality, but no one seemed to know much.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 509/23/2013

I remember Michael Holmes mentioned he had kids. not sure about his current marital status.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 609/23/2013

Michael Holmes and Phil Black are both sexy Aussies. Max Foster is very cute. Then there's the one with the three names-he's the hottest of them all.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 709/23/2013

Nick Patton-Walsh?

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 809/23/2013

[quote]Are there no American's capable

Oh, dear.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 909/23/2013

are they cheaper? I ask because that's why hollywood has been outsourcing to a lot of British and Aussie actors. I find it annoying when a story like The Great Gatsby had such an awful remake. The director, and most of the cast except for DiCaprio and Maguire were Aussie. WTF

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 1009/23/2013

They're there mainly for CNN International. They're the main anchors and reporters on CNNI. Secondarily they appear on the main CNN.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 1109/23/2013

R10, does it bother you that Les Miserables had a UK/US cast?

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 1209/23/2013

I did like some Richard-what's-his-cock who was out fucking dudes for meth in the park.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 1309/23/2013

CNN International keeps the network in the black, where as CNN (US) bleeds money. It makes sense that there'd be a reliance on the international team.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 1409/23/2013

"I did like some Richard-what's-his-cock who was out fucking dudes for meth in the park."

I believe starting this week he is now based in New York. The Ramble is beckoning.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 1509/23/2013

R12 they're both hollywood films. If something is made in hollywood, there should be a lot of American actors. I do think it's good when a film about another country has at least 1 actor from that country though. The idea of a hollywood film using mostly non-Americans for an American story is bizarre but it's about $$$$$$.

The Great Gatsby remake sucked ass.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 1609/23/2013

Lol R9.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 1709/23/2013

R16, The Great Gatsby was made in Australia.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 1809/23/2013

"The Great Gatsby was made in Australia."

Payback for The Thorn Birds being made in California.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 1909/23/2013

Yes, R8, Nick Patton-Walsh. That's his name.

I'd like his thick British beer can cock inside me quite deeply.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 2009/24/2013

AHEM! OP...

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 2109/24/2013

Brit & Aussie journalists are just better.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 2209/24/2013

>>> "I did like some Richard-what's-his-cock who was out fucking dudes for meth in the park."

Yes and I like that it was no big deal and he just carried on with his job.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 2309/24/2013

I agree with OP. I watch a lot of BBC and Acorn movies and shows on DVD. their films and TV shows are very well done ,specially when they do period films ,which they are always spot on like no one else. They grasp eras of history like no one else and they are far better than the American film industry. They are just incredible. I give credit when credit is due. However, When ever they have an actor portraying an American, they make the American out to be an idiot, completely stupid, obnoxious,arrogant, and a show off. I think it's really unfair because most of the American films that have actors portraying the British, they portray them pretty fair. Also, I think it sucks because when there are opportunities in the US for them, they jump right to it, so our money and jobs are good but we are a piece of crap!

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 2409/24/2013

WHET Michsel Ware?

Also I believe Richsrd Quest was also caught w some rope around his neck and balls?

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 2509/24/2013

R25, regarding Michael Ware:

"In May 2010, began a one-year leave of absence from CNN to be treated for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

In September 2010, the program Australian Story on ABC network in Australia ran a two-part special on Ware's career.

In February 2011, confirmed that he would not be returning to CNN. He later told an Australian newspaper that he has formed a film company and is working on a documentary about his time in Iraq.

In April 2011, added to the list of contributors to The Daily Beast[13] and also wrote a column for Newsweek."

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 2609/24/2013

[quote] I think it's really unfair because most of the American films that have actors portraying the British, they portray them pretty fair.

Are you unaware of tradition of casting Brits as villains?

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 2709/24/2013

I'm not anti-British or Aussie but I think currently there's an overload in the entertainment and news markets in the US. I think more Americans should be used, and if they want to go foreign, why not mix it up more? I'd like to see people from other countries, not just fucking UK and Australia.

Great Gatsby was a disgrace-yeah it was made in Australia but hollywood greenlighted it. 1 of the worst remakes in a while.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 2809/24/2013

r28

What are we, chopped liver?

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 2909/24/2013

Let's stay on topic, shall we? We're talking about Brits/Aussies on CNN.

What's Max Foster's story?

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 3009/24/2013

That's why I stopped watching CNN years ago.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 3109/24/2013

R30, Foster is now CNN's royal correspondent and appears mostly on CNN International. He is married with three kids, according to Wikipedia, and is half Swedish.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 3209/24/2013

R29 more Irish wouldn't be a bad thing.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 3309/24/2013

That Irish queen on RTE was really handsome. He's gradually losing his looks.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 3409/24/2013

[quote] Yes and I like that it was no big deal and he just carried on with his job.

That's right, Christine!

If you can fuck and suck all the guys you want as you travel, Richard Quest should be able to as well!

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 3509/25/2013

R5, the thread on Becky Anderson a few years ago was hugely informative (one of the rare times when I believe the "insider" info on DL). From it I learned that she's definitely a lezzie and in a relationship with another female journalist called Jane Dutton, a South African who works for Al Jazeera.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 3609/25/2013

The only thing that stood in her Wiki`s `Private life` section was that she is a Tottenham Hotspurs and Chelsea supporter.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 3709/25/2013

What`s with all those CNN anchors named Anderson...

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 3809/25/2013

I stopped watching CNN years ago because of all the foreign correspondents. I want an American viewpoint not some pretentious European or Middle East opinion.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 3911/20/2014

I don't want a slanted American viewpoint. There's a better overall view of U.S. news from BBC.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 4011/21/2014

[quote]I stopped watching CNN years ago because of all the foreign correspondents. I want an American viewpoint not some pretentious European or Middle East opinion.

Translation: I want the ignorant bullshit propaganda that in no way reflects the truth of the situation.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 4112/20/2014

[quote]I don't want a slanted American viewpoint. There's a better overall view of U.S. news from BBC.

R40 wants the BBC slant on the news.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 4212/20/2014

Off the topic of CNN, can any of you British DLers explain to me how BBC reporter Ore Oduba is engaged...to a woman?

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 4312/20/2014

[quote]I'm not anti-British or Aussie but I think currently there's an overload in the entertainment and news markets in the US. I think more Americans should be used, and if they want to go foreign, why not mix it up more? I'd like to see people from other countries, not just fucking UK and Australia.

Hell, even the guy playing MLK in "Selma" is BRITISH.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 4412/20/2014

CNN International is to CNN Domestic as AP classes are to Special Ed.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 4512/20/2014

Errol Barnett is hot. Some of them are just irritating, mediocre and pointless though.

As for the arguing in this thread, don't all of you realize that every news report is slanted? It doesn't matter what country or news company it comes from.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 4612/20/2014

R39 - There's a place just for you. It's called Fox News.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 4712/20/2014

Here's Errol. He's hot, adorable, and brilliant. He's the best thing about CNN.

by Ashleigh Banfield's bottle of Adderallreply 4805/27/2015
Need more help? Click Here.