Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BREAKING NEWS: Gay Facebook co-founder's trophy husband is running for Congress!

"Sean Eldridge, a wealthy investor and the husband of Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes, has officially launched his congressional campaign. Eldridge (D), 27, will run against Rep. Chris Gibson (R-N.Y.), a moderate Republican from a swing district in the Hudson Valley.

Eldridge released a Web video playing up his family's meager beginnings, along with his work on abortion rights, campaign finance reform and the environment. "We need an independent voice who will stand up to Big Oil and Big Banks and fight for middle class families,” Eldridge said an accompanying news release. “I’m proud of my record of growing small businesses in our region, and in Congress, I will fight for common sense solutions to grow our economy and create good jobs.”

Eldridge runs Hudson River Ventures, which launched in 2011 to fund small businesses in the Hudson Valley region. He married Hughes in June 2012 after gay marriage became legal in New York. Eldridge is considered a top recruit for Democrats and should have the wealth to self-fund to a significant extent. He has already spent more than $200,000 ramping up his campaign.

Republicans have launched a faux campaign website for Eldridge pitching him as a "liberal elitist."

by Anonymousreply 1009/24/2013

OP is an asshole. His title alone screams it

Also, this was well-known for awhile, the story that is.

by Anonymousreply 109/23/2013

Indeed on both counts, R1.

The whole controversy over where Eldridge will run has been in the papers for at least half a year.

And yes, OP's attempt at snark reveals he's an ass.

by Anonymousreply 209/24/2013

The guy is so handsome! Is he a top or bottom?

by Anonymousreply 309/24/2013

Just another carpetbagger.

by Anonymousreply 409/24/2013

He's a career opportunist. This should work out well for him.

by Anonymousreply 509/24/2013

Worst kept secret in the world. He's been gearing up to buy a seat in Congress since FEBRUARY...

by Anonymousreply 609/24/2013

I hope he loses.

I also hope the OP posts less threads.

by Anonymousreply 709/24/2013

I hope he wins.

F- the op.

by Anonymousreply 809/24/2013

He'll lose. He's a carpetbagger with the thinnest of resumes.

by Anonymousreply 909/24/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 1009/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!