Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why is the "DEXTER Final Season Part II" thread not loading??

Fuck :(

by Anonymousreply 11410/15/2013

link

by Anonymousreply 109/22/2013

It says "thread does not exist" (see link)

Sexter came in and spoiled it, so my guess is that is why it was deleted.

Not "Le Sexter" that posted a few days ago, but the real Sexter. He posted a spoiler warning, so not sure what the big deal was. Not happy with the ending at all, if the spoiler was, which I assume it was, especially since the thread was removed.

by Anonymousreply 209/22/2013

It's gone for me, too. The link just comes back to this thread. Oh, well..guess we do it, here, then.

by Anonymousreply 309/22/2013

Don't tell me! Don't tell me! *hands over eyes*

by Anonymousreply 409/22/2013

Well what was it? I quit watching because they brought back Hannah.

by Anonymousreply 509/22/2013

It becomes easy to loathe the people who run this site. The lack of responsiveness and explanation, coupled with the very occasional snarking and mean-spirited "official" insertions - often rapidly deleted after the few late-night witnesses have seen them - leave one feeling like a fish in a tank tended by a person who does not like fish.

by Anonymousreply 609/22/2013

So it's ok for assholes here to post spoilers as the TITLE of threads (which has been done here for years with no consequence) but if an insider posts INSIDE a thread and says "spoiler warning" the thread gets yanked?

That's lame. Some of us LIKE spoilers.

by Anonymousreply 709/22/2013

I'm watching the Emmys though it's boring as hell. I will watch the repeat of the finale at Midnight. Then we'll talk.

by Anonymousreply 809/22/2013

Ugh

by Anonymousreply 909/22/2013

I will not post what I read from Sexter because then THIS thread will get deleted and we won't be able to bitch about how bad it was.. That being said, after reading Sexter's spoilers, most of us won't like it, but he said the the acting in the final scene by MCH was great.

Something about the phrase "DROP IT!", I think.

by Anonymousreply 1009/22/2013

[quote]I quit watching because they brought back Hannah.

Then don't bother watching this episode..

by Anonymousreply 1109/22/2013

Someone post what Sexter said, but not for a couple hours.

by Anonymousreply 1209/22/2013

And there's a spinoff how? Just Dexter in the NW?

by Anonymousreply 1409/22/2013

That sucked ass and dick. What utter crap.

by Anonymousreply 1509/22/2013

Was it a confirmation of the already existing spoilers that were leaked on Reddit? Links to it were post in the part 1 Dexter thread.

by Anonymousreply 1609/22/2013

I'm watching Breaking Bad and DVRing Dexter. Without spoiling it for anybody else, does it end according to earlier spoilers (no details needed)? If that's the case, it does suck ass.

by Anonymousreply 1709/22/2013

I just watched it. At least he's not with Hannah. i hate her. hate that debs died. that scene with dexter and quinn and gosh what's his name in the room watching the CCTV footage of how saxton attacked dexter was priceless!

by Anonymousreply 1809/22/2013

I am totally fine with that sucky ending.The art work was beautiful.Dexter dying in the chair would have been too much for me. That chair should be reserved for Fla Gov Rick Scott.

So there will be a spin off. Elway remains, and wants his Hannah money. It will take time but he will catchup.

I also predict that Rick Scott may not die in the chair, but will die behind bars.

by Anonymousreply 1909/22/2013

i don't know what leaked on reddit, i know the spoilers that were posted here claiming quinn kills saxton was false.

by Anonymousreply 2009/22/2013

spoilers were mostly wrong

by Anonymousreply 2109/22/2013

Sexter was on the money, as usual.

by Anonymousreply 2209/22/2013

The show has already aired on the east coast, so technically there are no longer spoilers.

Did Dex really live?

How much of the episode was Hannah in?

Who killed Deb?

Who is the spinoff going to star?

by Anonymousreply 2309/22/2013

I've been watching since season, but I felt [italic]nothing[/italic] when Deb died.

by Anonymousreply 2409/22/2013

I've been watching since season one,

by Anonymousreply 2509/22/2013

R23

SPOILERS re final *

1. Yes

2. About half and I like her.

3. Dex pulled the plug. She had a stroke following surgery and there was brain damage and she was in a coma.

4. Desmond Harrington? Or an adult Harrison??

by Anonymousreply 2609/22/2013

I also was totally unmoved by Deb's death. The writing this last season was just SO bad. It's like the show lost all sense of itself. The season started off really promising with the idea that Dexter was a monster created by Vogel and with Deb struggling with the aftermath of LaGuerta's death. But everything after about episode 4 was terrible, with character motivations that made no sense and storylines that were dramatically inert. Plus, the idea that Dexter would be able to walk into the hospital, pull the plug, push Deb outside, then carry her onto his boat with NO ONE noticing was utterly absurd. I was actually laughing as I watched.

by Anonymousreply 2709/22/2013

What were Sexter's spoilers. I'll miss you, Sexter. Thanks for entertaining us the last couple of seasons.

by Anonymousreply 2809/22/2013

The false spoilers involving Quinn would have made for a much better ending than what we got.

I was waiting for Dexter break into the Monty Python "I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK" song.

by Anonymousreply 2909/22/2013

Here's a detailed recap

by Anonymousreply 3009/22/2013

Worst. Ending. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 3109/22/2013

How disappointing. This was my favorite show for so long and it started to lose me around season 5 but I managed to keep watching regardless. This final season was just bad. I agree with whoever said it started out well and then took a turn for the terrible. The writers really killed it. That said, the acting was still superb. Love MCH.

by Anonymousreply 3209/23/2013

So, dear DL'ers.. What do you think the ending meant? Do you think Dexter would somehow track down Hannah and Harrison? Is he still a killer? How would his life pan out?

A spin off would be odd since Dexter is still alive, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 3309/23/2013

The whole Hannah storyline was a real insult to longtime viewers.

And why Debra had to die, I've no idea. Debra didn't belong to Jennifer Carpenter, Debra was part of the story and the story was suppose to please the fans.

by Anonymousreply 3409/23/2013

It would have been great if he got home from his tough day on the lumberyard to find Mathew St. Patrick waiting in bed for him.

Now *that's* an ending.

by Anonymousreply 3509/23/2013

It would have been better if they just ended it with the wreckage being found.

Even better if they just ended it after Season 3.

by Anonymousreply 3609/23/2013

I agree. He should've died in the storm. The final ending had no stakes at all. Also, it felt like a rip-off of The Dark Knight Rises.

by Anonymousreply 3709/23/2013

It should have ended with him riding into the Hurricane. I suppose the real ending means the door is open for him to return to the series . They are crazy to keep the Dexter franchise at Showtime. I did tear up at Deb's death. That surprised me. I wish Carpenter had been nominated for an Emmy this year. What I don't like is how the writers expect the viewers to do their jobs for them and come up with our own ideas as to how he managed to survive a Cat 3 Hurricane in a pleasure boat in open sea. How very True Blood of them.

by Anonymousreply 3809/23/2013

my partner wept when dexter pulled the plug on debs.

He will not join hannah and harrison because he destroys the people he loves, in order to protect them, he must leave them.

So at least he didn't end up with hannah, i'm glad about that.

by Anonymousreply 3909/23/2013

I was shocked that he didn't die - I thought it appropriate, then - whammo! Lumberjack.

by Anonymousreply 4009/23/2013

The A.V. Club gave the episode an "F"

by Anonymousreply 4109/23/2013

Thru out the series we've seen how much he loves his son, is a good dad and he'd do anything to keep him safe.

And then he sends his son off to Argentina with Hannah, who has no idea where she and Harrison were going to live, so he has no idea how to find his son?

by Anonymousreply 4209/23/2013

I know the show runners are claiming that this is a fitting ending because Dexter is choosing to live in exile for what he has done, motivated from a desire to protect the ones he loves from himself. Fine. But in the end, Dexter learned squat because he is still about his own self preservation above all else. That same need to "not get caught" that drove him to imprison Doakes and attempt to kill LaGuerta, an innocent... that same need that led Deb down her own destructive path... that same need that is motivating him to now live a life as a lumberjack... in the end, self preservation will be the answer to the show's central question about what drives Dexter Morgan. If the writers wanted to show character growth in Dexter, the better conclusion would have been for him to turn himself in voluntarily and unprovoked, confessing to all his crimes, including framing Doakes, while also taking the blame for LaGuerta's murder. If they wanted to go the unpredictable route and avoid a cat and mouse game, what better way to show Dexter has changed than for him to accept responsibility for his actions and face the consequences, instead of simply running away from his problems. Not only would this be a fitting conclusion to his character arc, but it would allow the opportunity for the rest of the characters to react to the revelation and tie up all the loose ends. Sigh. What could have been.

by Anonymousreply 4309/23/2013

How the hell did he swim through a hurricane, all the way to Oregon?

by Anonymousreply 4409/23/2013

I haven't watched the finale yet, but it makes no sense for him to leave Harrison with Hannah. She's a serial killer like Dexter. If he were being protective of Harrison he would not have chosen Hannah.

And yes, Jennifer Carpenter not only should have been nominated for an Emmy she should have gone home with one. She rocked this season and never gave up despite the derailed script. It should have been hers. My only thought is that she didn't go after it like so many actors do. Perhaps she's not about awards. Regardless, she deserves to be recognized for her talents this season. She kept me tuned in.

by Anonymousreply 4509/23/2013

I have no problem wit the fact that he chose to survive. After all, he's a sociopath and that's the only instinct they follow. The season up to the car plunging into the lake and the very last episode were fine but what the writers used to bridge that gap was pointless and bad. What exactly was the purpose of Saxon and Hannah other than to create subplots that were less believable than your average storyline on "Passions"?

by Anonymousreply 4609/23/2013

Am I the only one who wept when Deb died?

by Anonymousreply 4709/23/2013

I wonder if this season will be considered part of next year's Emmy awards. It happens a lot that shows & actors win for a program that ended the previous year.

I didn't understand why Dex took Deb from the hospital and dumped her in the ocean, but someone on another message board mentioned that Dex blamed himself for what happened to her and thus she became one of his "victims". That's also why he was dressed in his kill-outfit when he pulled the plug for her. Makes sense, I guess, but how he managed to get her out without being noticed was ridiculous. Also, why didn't any alarms go off at the front desk when Dex turned off the machines?

by Anonymousreply 4809/23/2013

Lots of misfires... The Asian's daughter and the female cop who was promoted storylines didn't go anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 4909/23/2013

Masuka's daughter was a real waste. I thought she was there for a reason, but I guess it was just a way to work a pair of perky bare breasts into one episode to keep the straight guys watching.

by Anonymousreply 5009/23/2013

Who was the person that said Dexter was going to go out like Breaking Bad? AHAHHAHAHHAHHA

by Anonymousreply 5109/23/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 5209/23/2013

[quote] but it makes no sense for him to leave Harrison with Hannah. She's a serial killer like Dexter. If he were being protective of Harrison he would not have chosen Hannah.

That was one of the things that really pissed me off especially since Hannah killed innocent people and is probably going to kill an innocent again.

by Anonymousreply 5309/23/2013

[quote] I will never invest myself in anything Michael C. Hall or this horrible producer does again.

I won't either. I get the feeling that it will be several years before we see MCH back on TV. He's no longer a fave with critics or viewers. Some producers will avoid casting him.

I think Jennifer Carpenter is the only cast member that will end up on a hit show within the next few years.

by Anonymousreply 5409/23/2013

I don't blame Hall as much as Showtime. The bad writing, the wandering plots, the characters that enter and exit for no apparent reason--we saw the same thing with Weeds and to a lesser extent with Shameless.

by Anonymousreply 5509/23/2013

[quote]it makes no sense for him to leave Harrison with Hannah. She's a serial killer like Dexter.

Well, not really. Hannah killed to protect herself, so Dexter could figure she'd do the same as a protective parent for Harrison. At no point did Hannah kill because of the sort of psychopathy Dexter exhibited, controlled or not.

by Anonymousreply 5609/23/2013

[quote]I don't blame Hall as much as Showtime.

Hall has been an Executive Producer of the show for some time now. He bears more responsibility than Showtime does.

by Anonymousreply 5709/23/2013

[quote]How the hell did he swim through a hurricane, all the way to Oregon?

Via the Panama Canal.

Duh.

by Anonymousreply 5809/23/2013

[quote]I won't either. I get the feeling that it will be several years before we see MCH back on TV. He's no longer a fave with critics or viewers. Some producers will avoid casting him.

They will avoid casting him because one of the shows he starred in had godawful writers? If that was the case, nobody in Hollywood would have a job.

by Anonymousreply 5909/23/2013

Clyde Phillips served as an executive producer and showrunner on Dexter in the early years, helping shape the series for its first four seasons until he decided to leave the show in late 2009, at the end of the fourth season which concluded with Rita's shocking death.

"I haven't shared this with anyone," Philips told E! Online. "And I can tell you that this is what I personally would have done should I have stayed with the show. I chose not to stay with the show, and so everybody did what they did, and I had no problem with that…and I think they did a good job with the final episode. But here is what I personally would have pitched."

"In the very last scene of the series," Philips explained, "Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, 'Oh, it was a dream.' And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, 'No, it's not a dream.' Dexter's opening his eyes and he's on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They're just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery.

"And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killed—including the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he's arguably responsible for, Rita, who he's arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there.

"That's what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter. That everything we've seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter's execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies. Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die. I think it would have been a great, epic, very satisfying conclusion."

Phillips further explained that his idea for the ending was inspired by An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge, the 1890 story by Ambrose Pierce about a Confederate soldier that is famous for its time-altering, plot-twisting ending. When the soldier is hanged, the rope breaks, he falls into the river, swims to shore, runs toward his family, see his wife and children and right before they are reunited, the rope catches and he dies. It turns out that the entire story takes place in the two to three seconds between the soldier's intial drop and his neck snapping.

Of course, even if Phillips had stayed on with Dexter, there's no telling how the series finale would have turned out. "That is what I would have pitched and what I would have liked to have done," Phillips tells me. "But I can't say what we would have done because nobody was the boss of that show. It was a collaboration between Sara Colleton and John Goldwyn and the network and me."

------

This would have been SO MUCH BETTER

by Anonymousreply 6009/23/2013

re thread deletions like the one the OP experienced last night - it's not necessarily the WMs deleting threads, there are a lot of technical glitches going on here that cause threads to suddenly drop. If two people are posting in same thread at the exact same second I think it can cause a glitch and the thread disappears. If more than one person emails the WM he/they sometimes re-instate it.

It's happened to me two or three times in the past few weeks alone, there was no reason for anything to be deleted b/c of the content. Very short innocuous threads disappear all the time.

by Anonymousreply 6109/23/2013

This ending is more satisfying than living happily ever after in Argentina, but the sudden rejection of Hannah and Harrison doesn't fit the character they have showed this season.

by Anonymousreply 6209/23/2013

[quote]And why Debra had to die, I've no idea.

So Dexter could disappear.

by Anonymousreply 6309/23/2013

[quote]That was one of the things that really pissed me off especially since Hannah killed innocent people and is probably going to kill an innocent again.

Since the original murder, Hannah has only killed for a reason. She's not a compulsive killer.

[quote]Very short innocuous threads disappear all the time.

Mercy killings.

I don't see how Philips ending would be satisfying. So everything we saw was a dream of a convicted killer. And he dreamed about killing the very people watching his execution. The audience would have no idea why Dexter (if that is his name) is being executed.

by Anonymousreply 6409/23/2013

Hall is a weird duck. He seems to approach his work the way he does his relationships. I loved the first four seasons though I wasn't crazy about Lila. I actually liked season six and I thought Lumen would have made a better romantic partner for Dexter if the writers were determined to give him one. Hannah worked when she was an adversary and posed a threat to him and Deb. And Deb's death should have been a consequence of killing LaGuerta. At the hand of Batista. Or Quinn. Masouka's daughter should have been running a scam on him. Perhaps the "sperm donor" killer. Something more interesting than just being a pot head with his creepy laugh. Vogel should have turned out to be the big bad this season. Knowing that her son was a serial killer and protecting him and trying to frame Dexter for his murders. Dexter would die for crimes he never committed. The ultimate twist. And poor Harrison? How about Hannah accidentally poisons him while trying to off Elway? And ends up on Dexter's table after all. I hope the fans of BrBa are happier with the way things wind up than the fans of True Blood and now, sadly, Dexter.

by Anonymousreply 6509/23/2013

Lumen was season 5 and I liked it.

After season five, I don't know if it was the writing or if it was Hall but something was clearly wrong.

The whole Hannah idea was simply the damn dumbest idea I've ever witnessed. Why in the world did the writers and producers think we would accept her as Dexter's partner?

A poisoner suddenly turning into a trustworthy babysitter? No.

by Anonymousreply 6609/23/2013

Why did he not give debs a proper burial? just dump her into the sea like that?

by Anonymousreply 6709/23/2013

Doesn't the last scene directly tie in with what Deb said in the hospital about hiking and mountains?

He's up in the mountains, wilderness, where she always meant to go, but never was able to.

So, poetically.. it's him perpetually living out the last thing she mentioned being unable to do.

Yes? No?

by Anonymousreply 6809/23/2013

[quote] If two people are posting in same thread at the exact same second I think it can cause a glitch and the thread disappears.

DL is The Matrix.

That explains so fucking much.

by Anonymousreply 6909/23/2013

I stand corrected, r65. The Lumen season was one of my favorites. It was actually scary. I thought Jonny Lee Miller was very effective as the season's main bad guy. Season six must have been the Colin Hanks shitfest.

by Anonymousreply 7009/23/2013

I love that Dexter traveled from the southeast to the northwest at the same time Walter White traveled from the southwest to the northeast. Both so they could (theoretically) live out their days in a shithole cabin.

I actually thought it was a pretty good finale, even if the last season was most lame. The ideas here were pretty effective. And I loved that he essentially lost his voiceover. That was haunting and effective.

by Anonymousreply 7109/23/2013

I felt somewhat satisfied by the ending. He's abandoned the code, Harry is gone, all connections to people have been severed. Now he is the stereotypical serial killer with the creepy, barren cabin in the woods and a beard.

by Anonymousreply 7209/23/2013

R67, I've seen on other boards that people think that because he blamed himself for her death, he put her in the ocean just as he did his other victims. Notice he had his "kill clothes" on at the time, so he went to the hospital with the intent of turning off her machines and taking her away.

Personally, I thought he was going to jump in with her.

by Anonymousreply 7309/23/2013

R68, I hadn't though about that, but you have a good point.

by Anonymousreply 7409/23/2013

The end had a weird Les Miz vibe.

What they did with Vogel was such a letdown. So much promise and she ends up being a silly old lady giving herself away by shaking the teacups too much.

by Anonymousreply 7509/23/2013

I hated it. Were they trying to be poetic having him end up as a lumberjack? If so, I don't get it. It's much more poetic with him riding The Slice of Life into a storm and having him presumed dead and having it end there. Even the friggin' Sopranos finale was better than this shit.

Such a shame.... I am mourning today.

by Anonymousreply 7609/23/2013

I was hoping Hannah would rub her growing belly -- the product of two serial killers -- and flash forward to the future where Dexter Jr. is hunting down his deadbeat dad (after Hannah--who should be in a psych ward, but isn't--spills all the beans to Dex JR.) to exact his revenge by killing Dexter Sr.

by Anonymousreply 7709/23/2013

[quote]I felt somewhat satisfied by the ending. He's abandoned the code, Harry is gone, all connections to people have been severed. Now he is the stereotypical serial killer with the creepy, barren cabin in the woods and a beard.

He has not abandoned the code. He had decided to stop killing so he didn't need the code or Harry.

I think he's returned to where he was when we met him--so Harry would be back. Dexter has no one else to talk to.

I was thinking that either a voice-over or an imaginary interlocutor is a writer's crutch. To use both techniques is really lazy.

by Anonymousreply 7809/23/2013

[quote]he put her in the ocean just as he did his other victims. ... Personally, I thought he was going to jump in with her.

Same here. I would have taken bets on it.

by Anonymousreply 7909/23/2013

"Dexter series finale branded 'lamest series finale since Seinfeld' as show gets lukewarm reception from fans and critics"

by Anonymousreply 8009/23/2013

Makes sense, now, r68 - thanks. Still sad that Deb died, though. And peeved that no one found out Dexter's secret. I liked the whole, 'Owl Creek' idea, though.

>> He's no longer a fave with critics or viewers. Some producers will avoid casting him.

Where do you get your info that MCH is an untouchable, r58?

by Anonymousreply 8109/23/2013

I liked the scene where Dexter takes Deb's body on the boat with the storm blowing. It was beautifully shot, even if it was heavy CGI. It was momentarily moving.

by Anonymousreply 8209/23/2013

True, the storm CGI was beautiful. On the other hand, the CGI of Argentina when they left the cafe and went walking down the boulevard was horrible.

by Anonymousreply 8309/23/2013

MCH is filming a movie in NY right now and the film Kill Your Darlings is coming out this fall and it's an Oscar hopeful. His part isn't large but it's important.

by Anonymousreply 8409/23/2013

There was a monument in the last scribe with Hannah and Harrison. Was that monument sone thing found in Argintinia? I looked on Google, but couldn't find what it was.

by Anonymousreply 8509/24/2013

I was really hoping the final season would be Dex and Deb on the run, being chased down over La Guerta.

Disappointingly bad season, but sadly not unexpected.

by Anonymousreply 8609/24/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 8709/24/2013

It was at Sundance, stupid.

It was originally going to come out last spring but then the producers got hopeful and decided to wait and put it out in the fall. I think they should have released it last spring. If it was good enough for a nomination, people would have remembered it.

by Anonymousreply 8809/24/2013

Farewell, Dexter.

I'll miss you, but it was definitely time to go.

by Anonymousreply 8909/24/2013

Hannah didn't want to be noticed but it never occurred to her to dye her hair?

Dexter left his son with a murderer as opposed to his grandparents where he could grow up with his siblings who he will now never be with.

Did they leave Dexter alive so he could possibly make a comeback?

by Anonymousreply 9009/24/2013

No one wants him back unless he can bring a team of totally new writers.

by Anonymousreply 9109/24/2013

Or bring back the old ones from season 5 and before.

by Anonymousreply 9209/24/2013

The more you ask this kind of questions the more you realize how lazy the writing was. But maybe they thought the audience was dumb enough to not ask themselves those questions.

by Anonymousreply 9309/24/2013

The last few seasons of Dexter have not just been worse than the first few, but surprisingly misguided for any show. So many characters were introduced that went nowhere (his first nanny, the creepy intern, the new cop who got shot, Masuka's daughter etc...). There were significant plot holes (at the beginning of season 6, Dexter established that there were 2 DDk killers because of different types of knife wounds-later we find out it was one person all along, so how does that account for Dex' analysis?).

For a show about detective work to become so sloppy really ruins the experience for the viewer.

Decisions like having Deb discover Dexter and kill La Guarta, while bold, completely destroyed the credibility of the characters.

Beyond that, the tone shifted for the worse, away from darkly comedic and stylized, toward very literal, on-the-nose drama that felt like a soap.

It must be very hard to keep this kind of show fresh every week, and you can tell the writers were trying their best to one-up themselves and keep the show moving forward, but they were just not skilled enough to make it work.

The finale was a huge let down considering the show was practically built around speculating what would happen to him at the end.

Faking his suicide is one of the most obvious endings, but beyond that, the way they did it was so implausible.

by Anonymousreply 9409/24/2013

r56 Hannah attempted to kill Deb. That was not to protect herself. She's not Lumen; any attempts to make her so are retconning.

by Anonymousreply 9509/24/2013

Leaving Harrison with another serial killer who is a wanted fugitive....because staying in his life would be too dangerous?

This type of bizarre logic just cannot withstand scrutiny and shows how lost the writers must have felt.

by Anonymousreply 9609/24/2013

[quote]For a show about detective work to become so sloppy really ruins the experience for the viewer.

Become sloppy? The Miami Police Department have made Inspector Clouseau look like a genius since the first season.

by Anonymousreply 9709/24/2013

r97-- Haha, good point. Sloppy is an understatement.

by Anonymousreply 9809/24/2013

I hope they don't do a spin-off, but the only premise that would work is a pre-quel surrounding a Harry Morgan. A cop drama set at 70's Miami metro. He is raising a young Dexter and Deb and beginning to notice that there's something a little off about his son....

by Anonymousreply 9909/24/2013

[quote]Faking his suicide is one of the most obvious endings, but beyond that, the way they did it was so implausible.

I'm not sure that faking it was necessarily the intended goal. I agree that jumping in with Deb still in arms would have been much more poignant, but forcing himself to drive blindly into the storm could be construed as an act of self-punishment, a way to give himself a suitably violent end. If they really ever get around to a spin-off (which I doubt) they'll probably say he was found and rescued by some fishermen or a cargo barge who then took him up the coast or whatever. BTW, did they actually say he's in Oregon, or are we just assuming? Logistically, it would have made more sense that he would wind up somewhere north on the Atlantic coast, Canada or Maine, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 10009/24/2013

I loved Dexter but the show should have ended a few years back.

by Anonymousreply 10109/24/2013

r 100 I think it was his goal since he basically warned harrison that he'd never see him again on the phone and then dumped his cell phone...meaning he knew what he was doing.

by Anonymousreply 10209/24/2013

[quote]Masuka's daughter was a real waste. I thought she was there for a reason, but I guess it was just a way to work a pair of perky bare breasts into one episode to keep the straight guys watching.[/quote]

Or it might be a setup for a spin-off about Masuka.

by Anonymousreply 10309/24/2013

[quote]Or it might be a setup for a spin-off about Masuka.

Ah, funny you should say that, because when I was envisioning different potential scenarios for spin-offs, I couldn't help thinking that the colorful characters of Miami Metro were such a big part of what gave the series its special flavor. Dexter, the Lumberjack Vigilante in the middle of nowhere just doesn't have the same cachet.

by Anonymousreply 10409/24/2013

[quote]Or it might be a setup for a spin-off about Masuka

I would watch that.

by Anonymousreply 10509/24/2013

How about a thpin off about Batithta? He'th, by far, the thexiest and motht compelling character on the show.

by Anonymousreply 10609/25/2013

Deb wasn't even weighed down when he dumped her in the water. She probably washed up on the beach.

by Anonymousreply 10709/25/2013

[quote]Dexter, the Lumberjack Vigilante in the middle of nowhere just doesn't have the same cachet.

Just you wait....

by Anonymousreply 10809/25/2013

'Dexter' Postmortem: Showrunner Scott Buck Breaks Down How It All Ended

by Anonymousreply 10909/26/2013

Is SEXTER on here...what are you honest thoughts on the finale?

by Anonymousreply 11009/26/2013

For R85, it's the Obelisco de Buenos Aires.

I just googled obelisk and Buenos Aires

by Anonymousreply 11109/28/2013

Thanks R111, I couldn't find it.

by Anonymousreply 11209/28/2013

Just finished binge watching it for two weeks. Certainly paled compared to Breaking Bad, which remained focused for 5 seasons, while Dexter was all over the place and felt stretched out at 8 seasons. Well now I know, but I hope my next binge is more satisfying. I also hope the chorus of boos about the lame final episode, will be enough to reduce the show's reputation beneath MCH's far superior Six Feet Under. Dexter got more hype and was on for more seasons, but it wasn't nearly as artistically successful as Six Feet. Six Feet's final episode was one of the best final episodes ever.

by Anonymousreply 11310/11/2013

R113, now go binge watch House of Cards. It's disturbingly satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 11410/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.