Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

This minimalistic royal hat deserves its own thread

At the wedding of Prince Felix of Luxembourg...

See photo: Princess Caroline's son, Pierre Casiraghi, the nephew of Prince Albert of Monaco and his girlfriend Beatrice Borromeo walk hand in hand to the church.

Your thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 2609/22/2013

I adore it!

by Anonymousreply 109/22/2013

famewhoring at its finest. These inbred, tax-money-wasting freaks are no different than reality tv star when it comes to wanting undeserved attention.

by Anonymousreply 209/22/2013

Gurl, you can barely see it.

by Anonymousreply 309/22/2013

One is not amused.

by Anonymousreply 409/22/2013

Is that the eye of Sauron, r4?

by Anonymousreply 509/22/2013

Looks like the antenae of a giant cockroach

by Anonymousreply 609/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 709/22/2013

less is more!

by Anonymousreply 809/22/2013

He's cuter than his brother. Andrea has such a Euro-trashy look with his long hair and his jaw implants.

by Anonymousreply 909/22/2013

Royal Standard

by Anonymousreply 1009/22/2013

Dear god, that bride needs a waxing

by Anonymousreply 1109/22/2013

Looks like someone messed up during photo editing to me!

by Anonymousreply 1209/22/2013

I like it. I'm curious to see the back of it. I'd hate to have to wear a hat for an extended period of time. Most of them don't look like they'd perch up there very easily. If anything it's a nice rebellion against the ridiculous hat-wearing habit. Are hats an obligation for all European royals?

by Anonymousreply 1309/22/2013

R13. Among royalty at social functions, a hat is worn in lieu of a crown.

by Anonymousreply 1409/22/2013

But the commoners at these functions also wear hats. I don't think it's a requirement, but I think it was Samantha Cameron who was heavily criticized for not wearing one to Prince William's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 1509/22/2013

R15. Yes, the commoners too their cue from royalty regarding wearing hats at social functions. However, the tradition began with royalty wearing hats in lieu of crowns when attending public events that are not necessarily state functions.

by Anonymousreply 1609/22/2013

It's not just a social occasion, it's a [italic]church[/italic] wedding. Christian tradition is that women are to cover their heads in church.

by Anonymousreply 1709/22/2013

r17, not in 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 1809/22/2013

In ANY event, R17, in what world would that be considered a head covering?

by Anonymousreply 1909/22/2013

[quote]Is that the eye of Sauron, [R4]?

No, it's the vagina of my Aunt Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 2009/22/2013

William and Harry affectionately call Princess Beatrice "Queen Bea" since she is the first female in the current line of succession.

by Anonymousreply 2109/22/2013

[quote]William and Harry affectionately call Princess Beatrice "Queen Bea" since she is the first female in the current line of succession.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 2209/22/2013

R22. Why the "oh dear?" The "Queen Bea" reference by Will and Harry has been noted online in various royal stories now and then. It seems to be just a fun name among cousins.

by Anonymousreply 2309/22/2013

R18 it's traditional to wear a hat to a church wedding in the UK. Most people do, even now. I'm not sure about it starting with crowns but it certainly has been the done thing for centuries for women to cover the head in church.

I'm working in the UK at present and have been to 2 weddings, not a big sample size for a poll I know, but at each the women wore hats. From early 20s to 80s they all wore hats. Some more successfully than others, some looked more Hyacinth Bucket than Philip Treacy, but there they were.

by Anonymousreply 2409/22/2013

Oh Christ, hats have nothing to do with crowns. And this is not a royal hat. European women on high social occasions cover their heads, wear hats, certainly in a church, as commoner Ms. Borromeo is heading to. Her fascinator is splendid! Carries fashion to a higher plain. Pierre? Third in line to the Monégasque throne, after his brother Andrea. His mother Caroline now is heiress presumptive and Hereditary Princess to the throne. If Albert and Charlotte produce male issue all drop down a notch. Since Caroline married her German, his title associated with a kingdom is of higher rank and status than hers so she goes about as HRH The Princess of Hanover.

by Anonymousreply 2509/22/2013

Outre hats left the Epcot chavgirl market and went uptown when Fergie's kids went Jack Kirby Asgard and wore them to their cousin's wedding. This Guggenheim ramp model that Caroline's son's piece is wearing is actually quite chill and understated. Watch it take off and be requested by fraus everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 2609/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!