Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who the fuck are these people camping out in front of Apple stores for a phone?

Some of them in Houston were robbed at 4 a.m. Fights breaking out in CA stores, etc.

It's a phone.

by Anonymousreply 6509/23/2013

They don't have a life !

by Anonymousreply 209/22/2013

I love my tech toys and I'm a big Apple fan in general, but you're 100% right. These people and their "me first" attitudes are depressing.

by Anonymousreply 309/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 409/22/2013

I went to the AT&T store near my workplace at 4pm Friday and was in and out in 15 minutes with my new iPhone.

by Anonymousreply 509/22/2013

It's like those dummies that line up for donuts. So ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 609/22/2013

^Admittedly, the capacity and color combination I wanted was the only one they had left in stock by then.

by Anonymousreply 709/22/2013

Was it that serious?

by Anonymousreply 809/22/2013

Apple sheep still think it's 2007. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 909/22/2013

Seriously. 2 more years with a 4 inch phone. Uh huh.

by Anonymousreply 1009/22/2013

They deranged idiots with more time and money than common sense.

by Anonymousreply 1109/22/2013

Oh the irony. To get their hands on the latest technology, they resort to primitive tactics.

by Anonymousreply 1209/22/2013

Poor people. They are either clamoring for something that makes them look well off or holding a place for middle class people that cannot get on a pre order list.

by Anonymousreply 1309/22/2013

They're morons. Shallow, greedy, egotistical, brand-obsessed morons.

Just order it on line. You'll get it when you get it.

You won't DIE from having it a day or two or even seven later than your next door neighbor.

Seriously, I just have to shake my heads at these idiots.

by Anonymousreply 1409/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 1509/22/2013

They are slaves to the system and materialism. Hopefully they'll understand the folly of their ways before it's too late...

by Anonymousreply 1609/22/2013

R14 was shaking his cock while expressing his disapproval.

by Anonymousreply 1709/22/2013

The same deal with the whole Black Friday madness - I find that I can buy whatever I want by noon on Friday, with no lines, plenty of options, and having slept in my bed until 7am.

by Anonymousreply 1809/22/2013

R5, what model did you get? I want to go pick up the 5S in Space Grey, 32G, but can't get an answer from the Apple store if it's available. And I'm not gonna go stand in line for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 1909/22/2013

WW for R17, that mental image had me rolling! Lol!

by Anonymousreply 2009/22/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2109/22/2013

What's the difference if you get a new phone a couple of weeks later? I don't get the obsessive mindset about new gadgets.

by Anonymousreply 2209/22/2013

[quote] What's the difference if you get a new phone a couple of weeks later? I don't get the obsessive mindset about new gadgets.

It's their only chance to be something that approaches interesting, by showing off what the new gadget can do, to co-workers who pretend to listen. Most people don't need half of the things that these phones can do.

by Anonymousreply 2309/22/2013

I don't carry a cell phone, of the "i" variety or not.

I am above it all, plebeians.

by Anonymousreply 2409/22/2013

[quote]Just order it on line. You'll get it when you get it.

In fairness, I'll point out that if you order an AT&T iPhone online (whether on Apple's site or AT&T's), they insist on shipping it to your billing address; that is, home. I tried that one year, and of course I was at work when FedEx attempted delivery. They won't just leave an iPhone on your porch. You pretty much have to get one in a store unless you're home to sign for the shipment.

R19, I got space gray, 64 GB.

by Anonymousreply 2509/22/2013

Will never buy an Apple product.. ever. It's kind of sad.

by Anonymousreply 2609/22/2013

I have a friend that is so terrified of being 'behind' in the cultural scene that she goes to movies on opening weekends only (preferably opening night). I once invited her to a see a soon-to-be-released movie with me for the 2nd weekend it would be out she said she couldn't wait that long.

(Her reasoning is that she 'wants to form her own impression of the film before other people start talking about it' which, I suppose, is valid.)

Needless to say, every time a new generation of iPhones come out, she's there opening day and LOVES being the first one in the group to share all the details. (God forbid, someone else gets theirs before she does, she flips out.)

by Anonymousreply 2709/22/2013

I suppose we all need hobbies, R27.

Those colorful phones look like something I would have enjoyed immensely... as a preteen in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 2809/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 2909/22/2013

Rich fucks who have too much money and time. I hope they get to where they spend as much time on the street begging for a crumb of bread.

by Anonymousreply 3009/22/2013

I have my metropcs phone.

by Anonymousreply 3109/22/2013

I know A LOT of twenty somethings who live in dumps so that can afford the latest iPhones and iPads. I guess we all have different priorities.

by Anonymousreply 3209/22/2013

Anytime the news does a story, they inevitably interview some tool(s) who supposedly flew in from some other country just for the phone.

by Anonymousreply 3309/22/2013

I have the iPhone 4 (not even 4S) and I'm surprised by how uninterested I am in the latest models. I've noticed that the new OS is draining my battery at a faster rate, but otherwise, it works fine.

Some people appreciate technology, so they always want the latest toys. Most people just need fodder for their Facebook pages, because all of their time and energy is spent trying to prove how cool they are.

by Anonymousreply 3609/22/2013

R35 what would you suggest reading to get a hang of the stock market?

by Anonymousreply 3709/22/2013

I suppose it's better than waiting in a line like this:

by Anonymousreply 3809/22/2013

[quote] If they only, only new how much money they'd earn if they put that $800 into the stock market!

I put $800 into the stock market in 2010. It's now $366.48 and that's up from about a year ago. I would have been better off with an interesting gadget that I could write off, since I own my own business.

by Anonymousreply 3909/22/2013

Hedge Funds for Dummies

by Anonymousreply 4109/22/2013

You'd think they were waiting for something important like a cronut!

by Anonymousreply 4309/22/2013

Oh god, no, R40. Just park money in a stock index mutual fund like the one at the link and forget about it. No need to learn anything more than that.

by Anonymousreply 4409/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 4509/22/2013

You will never make REAL money in an index fund.

by Anonymousreply 4609/22/2013

[quote] In fairness, I'll point out that if you order an AT&T iPhone online (whether on Apple's site or AT&T's), they insist on shipping it to your billing address; that is, home. I tried that one year, and of course I was at work when FedEx attempted delivery. They won't just leave an iPhone on your porch. You pretty much have to get one in a store unless you're home to sign for the shipment.

That's driven by credit card industry policy.

You can successfully dispute a charge send to a different address than your bill to address based upon non-receipt of merchandise.

It's a common form of credit card fraud. The credit card industry has no mechanism in place to verify a cardholder has authorized shipment to another address.

by Anonymousreply 4809/22/2013

Are they white people?

by Anonymousreply 4909/22/2013

Uhhhh....Apple stock is down 30% since the beginning of the year. Don't you read the news?

by Anonymousreply 5109/22/2013

R36 - I also have an iPhone 4 (16 Gb!), but haven't upgraded my iOS. I always wait for people to bitch and bugs to be fixed before I upgrade.

The only thing really compelling about getting a 5S is the idea that I might be on borrowed time with this one, and it's still good enough to trade in for some cash toward the new one. I guess a nicer camera would be a plus, also. But then I'm locked in for 2 years again...

by Anonymousreply 5209/22/2013

Brainwashed losers obsessed with buying the latest unnecessary tech crap. Ones that have to show others, too. Brainwashed, materialistic. Empty.

by Anonymousreply 5309/22/2013

I have an Xperia and don't want anything else.

by Anonymousreply 5409/22/2013

how much real money can one make by investing 800 in stocks.

by Anonymousreply 5509/22/2013

Apple loves this. These "early adapters" are doing beta testing on these devices and saving the company mucho dinero in the process.

I also love of some of these hipsters think they are SO above the gamers waiting for "GTA" or tween chicks waiting for "1D" tickets. Same herd mentality.

by Anonymousreply 5609/22/2013

Who can get excited about a cellphone in 2013? Unless it does my laundry and gives me a blowjob, I am totally apathetic. I am another one with an Iphone 4 and have not upgraded to the OS (battery drain and kinks that have yet to be worked out). I also cannot believe that the fucking screen size is STILL so small. Folks, Apple is over and has been since the cult leader died. I think I am going to go Galaxy and spit out the kool aid.

by Anonymousreply 5709/22/2013

Apple seems to have lost its mojo post Steve. The crowds lined up overnight at the Apple store in my area looked like they flt they were "supposed" to be there, not that they actually really wanted to be. I think it's just for the experience of saying to the grandkids you lined up for Iphomn model whatevernumber back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 6009/22/2013

The same pretentious people who call themselves "early adopters" aka Penn Gillette

by Anonymousreply 6109/23/2013

Astonishin' no correct answers.

Answer is poverty. Elderly Chinese planted there all night on pavement by offspring to buy i-stuff to send to China for gigantic markup.

by Anonymousreply 6209/23/2013

It's not something I'd do...but I get it.

The whole manic thing around it. Going to the store. Meeting other fans.

This generation has such a lousy pop culture I'm not surprised they're 'getting off' on things like this. It makes perfect sense, actually.

by Anonymousreply 6309/23/2013

[quote]Only instead of joining the Android cult, I went and got a Lumia. Love it.

I can see that. Windows Phone is solid (despite the relative lack of apps), much better than the shitty fragmented wreck that Android has become.

I still love iOS, but if I had to choose another, I'd get a Lumia.

by Anonymousreply 6409/23/2013

I can't wait to switch to the BlackBerry Z30! This will save the company for sure.

by Anonymousreply 6509/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!