Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

My sister is a groupie!

I just found out that my 34 yr old sister has been carrying on with a musician for the last several months. He's been flying her out to see him almost every weekend and now she took a leave of absence from her job so she can follow this guy around Australia and New Zealand for the next couple weeks. The worst part of this is that she wouldn't tell me who the guy is or what band he's in. The only other thing she said about this guy is that he's not a no name musician that no one's heard of, but he's not uber famous either. She actualy said he's not someone that any of the gossip sites would pay for a story about. Geez she sure has a high opinion of me.

This is going to make me crazy trying to figure it out. She refused to tell me anything much about the guy because she knows I can't keep my mouth shut. Which is true, I got off the phone with her 5 minutes ago and I couldn't wait to get online and try to get help figure this out.

Anyone have any ideas?

by Marcus Magpiereply 4609/26/2013

Harry Styles.

by Marcus Magpiereply 109/22/2013

did your sister tell you any of the other cities or countries she went to when she was meeting up with this guy?

or what instrament he plays?

is he the same age as her?

by Marcus Magpiereply 209/22/2013

No idea where she's been hooking up with him.

No idea what instrument he plays, but knowing her taste in music he would likely be a rock musician.

I don't remember her exact words but I got the impression he was older than her.

This is SO weird. I never thought she was the type to do something like this. She was always the one that my mom held up as an example to the rest of us kids. But I don't fault her for it either. If I had a chance to fuck some hot musician I'd do it in a heartbeat and not think twice about being called a groupie.

by Marcus Magpiereply 309/22/2013

Best fuck I ever had was with a guy from a rock band in the Admirals Club in O'Hare. Your sister is lucky!!!!

by Marcus Magpiereply 409/22/2013

She's fucking Mick Jagger. Can you imagine that sweaty, wrinkly, smelly thing pounding away at you.

Real classy, OP.

by Marcus Magpiereply 509/22/2013

If we knew the dates she'd be in AU & NZ, we might be able to figure out who's performing.

by Marcus Magpiereply 609/22/2013

I sure hope it's not Phil Spector .... ha ha.

by Marcus Magpiereply 709/22/2013

I just searched Ticketmaster for Australia/NZ (two week range) - didn't recognize a single name.

by Marcus Magpiereply 809/22/2013

Ricky Martin is performing in Aus. on Oct 3. Hmmmm?

by Marcus Magpiereply 909/22/2013

Bon Jovi? I know he talks about his wonderful home life, but I know Jon fucks around.

Of course, they weren't in Australia this year.

by Marcus Magpiereply 1009/22/2013

Okay - any of these? Haven't heard of some of them but they are playing the big arena in Auckland:

Corb Lund T.I. and Akon Cody Chesnut

by Marcus Magpiereply 1109/22/2013

She left this morning for Perth, Australia and I'm not 100% sure but I think she's due to be back around the 11th/12th of next month coming from New Zealand.

by Marcus Magpiereply 1209/22/2013

One of those wouldn't e looking for a female groupie, R11

by Marcus Magpiereply 1309/22/2013

The Cult are about to start a mini tour of Australia. First show is in Perth on the 28th, and although they aren't playing in New Zealand, they do have a two week break before their first show in the UK on the 18th of October. Maybe a short side trip to/vacation in New Zealand?

Ian Astbury is the only semi-famous member of the band, but he's 50yo, recently married, and isn't aging well.

I hope it's someone else.

by Marcus Magpiereply 1409/22/2013

Nuno Bettencourt

Formerly of Extreme and somewhat known in rock circles as a very good guitar player, Not no name but not uber famous.

He's touring with Rihanna. Their first concert in Australia is in Perth on the 22nd.

He's 47 so older than your sister.

Recently divorced

His talent is totaly wsted playing with her. But maybe he needs the money after the divorce?

If it is him you have got to get your sister to send pics or post pics online and share him with us. He was SO hot when he was with Extreme and he doesn't look bad now either.

by Marcus Magpiereply 1509/22/2013

Is Buddy Rich still alive?

by Marcus Magpiereply 1609/22/2013

Thanks for trying to help me figure this out,  My sister is suppose to call me every couple of days (so my mom won't worry about her getting eaten by dingos) and I'm going to work on her and see what more I can find out when I talk with her.

Guess I'm going to have to get back to work on my dungeon just in case R15 is correct and it is Nuno Bettencourt. It's good to see that he didn't get all paunchy like so many other rockers. Nuno has always been pretty damn hot. I think I may be working myself up to being jealous of my sister.. I barely remember Extreme from the early '90s, and it was Gary Cerone that I remember more than Nuno (probably because of all the gay rumors about Cerone)

Does anyone know how to check what bands/singers are touring in Australia and New Zealand?

by Marcus Magpiereply 1709/23/2013

R16, Buddy Rich the jazz drummer? How old are you?

by Marcus Magpiereply 1809/23/2013

What type of music does she typically listen to?

by Marcus Magpiereply 1909/23/2013

R19 rock (classic and newer), blues and some top 100 songs for the most part, unless she's a closet jazz fan as well as being a closet groupie.

by Marcus Magpiereply 2009/23/2013

Crap! Realized as hit save that what I said could look like I was judging her in that post at R20, I wasn't, I was joking.

by Marcus Magpiereply 2109/23/2013

see if you can cross reference any bands playing Australia and NZ with a band that played in your area several months ago. Unless you live in LA or NY where the guy may live.

by Marcus Magpiereply 2209/23/2013

Your sister must have some brains because she knows not to trust you with her secret so I wouldn't worry too much.

But you ARE going to tell us if you figure it out right?

by Marcus Magpiereply 2309/23/2013

Nuno seems like the best guess based on the timeframe, plus there are NZ dates scheduled for that tour and none for The Cult (plus, they're English, and I assume you & your sister are in the US). Perth doesn't appear to be a real hotbed for concerts. He was always one of the most attractive hair metal guys, so if it is indeed him, good for her.

by Marcus Magpiereply 2409/23/2013

I hope your sister is 24 and not 34.

by Marcus Magpiereply 2509/23/2013

Thanks R22

Of course R23, I'll tell you who it is. She has to let me know who this guy is eventually. When they break up she'll be over at my house for sympathy and bourbon, and if it continues I know she won't be able to keep it hidden and will start by introducing him to me.

by Marcus Magpiereply 2609/23/2013

www.ticketek.co.nz www.ticketmaster.co.nz

These are the two sites that will advertise big events - can't believe I'm doing this - I need to know now!

by Marcus Magpiereply 2709/23/2013

..was your sister a metal groupie? i'm leaning towards the Cult but Limp Bizkit & fall out boy are touring the area too..

by Marcus Magpiereply 2809/23/2013

Are you sure she's not following him (as opposed to being brought out)? Sometimes a rocker will have a fling in a city and the girl thinks they're in a relationship. She follows him and attempts to meet him on tour.

(This has happened to someone in my family).

by Marcus Magpiereply 2909/23/2013

It's Kathryn Dawn Lang!

by Marcus Magpiereply 3009/23/2013

r28 again, pulling out my vote for the Cult - Ian & Billy of the Cult Live in LA BUT are both married...

not that they couldn't have a side piece but I am assuming your sister wouldn't pull a january Jones.

by Marcus Magpiereply 3109/23/2013

Rihanna, The Cult and One Direction are all in Perth this week.

by Marcus Magpiereply 3209/24/2013

Do come back and tell us when you find out! Hope she doesn't get herpes!

by Marcus Magpiereply 3309/24/2013

One Direction are currently in Australia, aren't they?

by Marcus Magpiereply 3409/24/2013

In Perth on saturday

by Marcus Magpiereply 3509/24/2013

She's 34? That's pretty old for a groupie. The musician must be pretty old himself if he's going after women that age.

She doesn't sound like a real groupie. She just sounds like an aging, not particularly bright woman who has hooked up with a musician who no doubt is going to tire of her and dump her like a hot potato. Well, at least she'll get a few trips out of it.

by Marcus Magpiereply 3609/24/2013

My sister got lucky, married a yuppie. Took him for all he was worth.

by Marcus Magpiereply 3709/24/2013

Hey crazy thought - OP can you just ask her?

by Marcus Magpiereply 3809/24/2013

Rihanna just played Perth drunk. 40 minutes late and slurring her words.

by Marcus Magpiereply 3909/25/2013

Oh, I get it. The bitch doesn't drink with others. The bitch drinks by herself.

by Marcus Magpiereply 4009/25/2013

My sister was so inspired by Michfest spirit that she financed an album by one of the artists. She didn't get paid back until ten years later, and she was paid back, although not with interest.

by Marcus Magpiereply 4109/25/2013

R29 sounds most likely to me. She's a stan not a groupie (stalker/fan = stan).

by Marcus Magpiereply 4209/25/2013

Sounds like One Direction, they are in Australia now, then New Zealand.

Couldn't really call them musicians though.

by Marcus Magpiereply 4309/25/2013

Who?

by Marcus Magpiereply 4409/26/2013

That wouldn't be someone whose image she would have to protect, R45. OP has indicated that the person is semi-famous.

by Marcus Magpiereply 4609/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.