Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Adderall

I went to a midnight movie with my cousin and a friend, I'd had a day that started about 5:30 AM was already exhausted. My cousin offered me/us one of his Adderall. I accepted just to ensure that I wouldn't sleep in the movie,By the time that the movie was over I was hungry despite having had dinner about 10:00, I'd completely forgotten about the Adderall by that time, until they asked how I could be hungry. After dropping my friend off my cousin stayed at my house for a couple of hours as he was determined that I couldn't possibly be tired. When he left a few minutes ago, all I could think about was sleep and I'm going to bed after I post this.

Is it possible that I actually have ADHD? Admittedly, I generally have a hard time doing just one thing, I hardly watch TV, it just plays for background noise while i'm on the computer surfing several tabs at once and drinking decaf tea or coffee. And talking to someone on the phone. During the movie I was able to watch the film and not fidget as I tend to do in the theater, no constantly checking my phone or thinking about a thousand things or having scenes in the film get me thinking about something in my life that's going on or being reminded of a story that I felt I should tell my companions when we got in the car.

I'm somewhat disturbed about this possibility, but cant help but wonder, especially as the Adipex that the Dr. prescribed me for weight loss a few years ago only made me tired and hungry.

by Anonymousreply 1409/22/2013

Hahaha you're a hypochondriac

by Anonymousreply 109/22/2013

It's possible that you just had an off reaction, tho it's also possible that you have adult ADHD.

How old are you OP?

When you were young, 6-7 years old, did you have trouble learning to read?

Were you a quiet studious child? Or were you a rambunctious loud-mouthed class clown type? Not that those are the only "types" of children, but which one were you closer to being?

Have you done any recreational drugs? Did you react to them the same way others did? Or was it atypical like the Adderall?

by Anonymousreply 309/22/2013

R3 I'm in my early 30s Reading was never a problem, however, I was constantly in and out of the principals office in elementary school I was classified as having a behavior disorder, my mother was constantly fighting off the school wanting her to take me to a Dr. In third grade specifically I was observed in the classroom setting by a psychologist that worked with the school board. Another meeting and it was discussed that I finished my work quickly and became bored and started disrupting the other students. I was taken before the BoE for a tribunal for my behavior.

At that point I had to have a school psych evaluation. When the results came in I had tested extremely high in verbal and spatial areas.

I do know I was classified as having a "behavior disorder" I also had to start leaving the classroom for an hour every day and go to a resource teacher where myself and the other students did very little, this continued in one form or another through Middle School.

I do remember my mother being pissed at my aunt for awhile because she had taken her son at the school's behest to be put on some drug or other saying that she wouldn't let them bully her into that and, that her son wasn't going to walk around "like a zombie with his head in the clouds."

In my early 20's I did some experimentation with drugs. Pot I did not like at all and cocaine, it didn't put me to sleep, but I never got a "high" of of it either, it simply let me stay awake when parties went on all night. It never curbed my appetite, in fact I'd munch on any food that was available and I never felt the need to spend my own money on it. If I was at a party where it was provided, I'd partake, but never really cared otherwise.

I never tried anything other than those two recreational drugs because I never saw the point and was afraid of becoming an addict. The only stimulant I was ever prescribed was the adipex, and I stopped it after three days because by 10 AM I was falling asleep at my desk.

Caffeine is the same way I drink decaf in the morning because regular will put me to sleep, and if i'm too awake to sleep at a decent hour two or three cups of regular coffee will put me out for the night.

by Anonymousreply 409/22/2013

I have ADHD for sure (self-diagnosed) but I'm afraid to ask my doc for Adderall because I don't want to her to think I'm a drug seeker. I'd love to know what it's like to be able to focus & concentrate for ONCE, though. I took a Ritalin once that a friend had given me and I swear it gave me laser-like focus. Suddenly everything in the world was soooo interesting. But I've read scary things about what Ritalin can do to the human brain, so I haven't pursued getting a Rx of my own for it.

Anyway, I just made this thread all about me.

by Anonymousreply 509/22/2013

R5's comment about being afraid of seeming like a drug seeker shows what's wrong with attitudes in the medical and pharmacy communities these days. Especially the pharmacists. They love to get in between doctors and patients like they know better than the doctor or something. They're just pissed off that they're glorified convenience store workers.

by Anonymousreply 609/22/2013

See a doctor.

by Anonymousreply 709/22/2013

What does Adderall do for social shit, like presentations, parties (with bug-eyed, facebookin' phonies), etc? I used to be avoidant and panicky, now I'd say the feeling is more like contempt for the people around me. Maybe I'm "socially disgusted"? Social Disgust Disorder, that's it. I don't want Adderall to lose weight - not an issue as I exercise - but I wonder if our modern reality might REQUIRE drug use to function in it. I don't think I "need" it, but I don't think anyone does. It's the society in which we live, which seems gleefully rotten.

by Anonymousreply 809/22/2013

I have anxiety and depression. Adderall helps me with both. Best combo for a presentation would be Adderall to focus you but also a mild something for your anxiety. Like a Xanax maybe.

by Anonymousreply 909/22/2013

OP, you're correct, Adderall doesn't give the "upper" effect to ADHD people. Appetite, well, I'll get back to you when I have one. I use Lindsay and Miley as appetite suppressants.

by Anonymousreply 1009/22/2013

Lindsay and Miley?

by Anonymousreply 1109/22/2013

Ever notice the posts from someone on adderal are always 9 paragraphs that could easily be expressed in 3 sentences?

by Anonymousreply 1209/22/2013

R11: Did I spell those hookers' names incorrectly? I don't really keep up with the latest names from the trailer park.

by Anonymousreply 1309/22/2013

So your appetite suppressants are Adderall and what else?

by Anonymousreply 1409/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.