Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Donut Showdown? Really Food Network?? Really??

Is it time to shut down this channel?

If they're trying to copy the "giant" success of cupcake wars, isn't it time to call it a day?

What's next, Battle of the Pop Tarts?

Not only that but Rachel Ray and Guy Fieri's latest abortion, "Kids cook off" is unwatchable. It's all kinds of bad TV.

And finally I could barely get through 10 minutes of the hideous Alton Brown's hideous cut throat kitchen. Worst. Idea. Ever.

Their last Food Star Search Show was laugable. They have a bunch of fraus sign up and spend 8 long weeks having the cunty judges tell us why these guys can't cut the mustard, than crown one of them the new network food star and expect us to forget 2 months of bad cooking.

This network is seriously in need of an enough troll

by Enoughreply 3309/22/2013

[quote]Not only that but Rachel Ray and Guy Fieri's latest abortion, "Kids cook off" is unwatchable. It's all kinds of bad TV.

I can't stand Rachel or Guy, but the kids on that show are cute. How can you not love that little queen Hunter?

by Enoughreply 109/22/2013

I watched the whole season of the Next Food Network Star and skipped the finale because I wouldn't watch a show featuring any of the finalists.

Meanwhile, the nerd guy who won last year-did he actually get a show? I saw him doing ONE promo for the network and that was it.

by Enoughreply 209/22/2013

I got rid of my expanded cable a few years ago because my three favorite channels (Travel Channel, HGTV, & Food Network) went down the drain and started showing nothing but shit.

Now that I hear about this, I see I'm not missing anything.

by Enoughreply 309/22/2013

OP, it is not too late in life for you to take some writing lessons at the nearest community college. Go ahead. You will be a better person.

by Enoughreply 409/22/2013

I'm in a hotel tonight and just watched that train wreck.

I went to Netflix streaming and Hulu 3years ago. I used to be able to watch the Food Channel or HGTV for an evening.

I was thinking before is aw this tread that my decision to ditch the cable was a good one.

by Enoughreply 509/22/2013

All CHOPPED all the time.

Just add Tyler Florence for a little extra eye candy.

by Enoughreply 609/22/2013

I guess I have bad taste because I love Chopped, Cupcake Wars and Donut Showdown (it's usually on the Cooking Channel). I don't like Guy and Rachael.

by Enoughreply 709/22/2013

@R2: Justin was supposed to do a show, but I heard he was "difficult" and they decided after the pilot to not pick up the show. There must be more to the story, and I can't even remember where I heard his, so take it for what it's worth.

That said, Food Network has jumped the shark with all competitions and no cooking. Jesus, run Julia Child in her black and white days, and I'll watch. And HGTV should take note; we don't want to see the Property Brothers compete. At least, not against each other. And ditto for the Kitchen Cousins.

My dirtiest secret is that even though I'm about a.5.5 on the Kinsey scale, I would totally go straight (for a night, anyway) to fuck Giada Delaurentiis.

by Enoughreply 809/22/2013

Food Networkmhas been unwatchable for a very, very long time.

It's all that Chopped shit and some bizarre under-cover crap.

They suck.

Cooking Channel is getting to be annoying as well.

I stopped watching HGTV ages ago.

by Enoughreply 909/22/2013

Food network has become game show network with food, or catch a restaurant thief/slacker. The only prime time show I watch any more is DDD, and I've seen most of them.

by Enoughreply 1009/22/2013

Mmm Pop Tarts

by Enoughreply 1109/22/2013

[quote]Jesus, run Julia Child in her black and white days, and I'll watch.

No one else will.

by Enoughreply 1209/22/2013

A cupcake, sitting on a doughnut, with a Pop Tart stuck in the frosting on the cupcake.

by Enoughreply 1309/22/2013

You're wrong R12, and maybe not too bright.

I gave up on FN a long time ago. Cupcake and donut competitions? Holy Mother of God - that shit has totally dumbed down what used to be an entertaining network. And now that Scripps owns Cooking Channel AND Travel Network, I don't know where I'll turn. The Cooking Channel is already starting to show some of those dumb comps. Small wonder Tony Bourdain moved over to CNN.

by Enoughreply 1409/22/2013

Today's mystery ingredient is.... POP TARTS!

by Enoughreply 1509/22/2013

It seems to be the Guy Fieri channel now. Whenever I check he seems to be on.

What happened to Emeril? It used to be the Emeril channel. And what happened to Bobby Flay and Mario? it seems like they want all unknowns, which is much cheaper.

I miss Two Fat Ladies. Food looked awful but it was a fun show.

by Enoughreply 1609/22/2013

I still enjoy Chopped, but I agree that the proliferation of absurd competition shows are dragging down the network. Cutthroat Kitchen is an abomination.

I read that The Food Network lost a whopping 17% audience share last year (I think, but I'm not going to search to confirm that figure). If that's so, this kind of shit is why.

by Enoughreply 1709/22/2013

"... proliferation ... IS ..."

Not "... proliferation ... ARE ..."

Before someone jumps all over that.

by Enoughreply 1809/22/2013

I hear ya, R3. Especially the Travel Channel - nothing worth watching there anymore.

by Enoughreply 1909/22/2013

r16 Fieri IS on a lot,Ray as well, but Flay is UBIQUITOUS. What's he got, 10, 12 shows? I wanna' smack that friggin' sneer right off his face. I LOATHE all the competition shows. What chef in his right mind would conduct his business like that? It's an insult to their intelligence and craft. But they all wanna' get on those shows, don't they? No shame, and no self-respect. I wish some well-respected chefs would take to task what the 2 cooking channels have morphed into, but they wouldn't dare. Get some NEW chefs on the air, and minus the oh-how-wonderful-I-am attitudes.

by Enoughreply 2009/22/2013

[quote] Flay is UBIQUITOUS. What's he got, 10, 12 shows?

Actually, Flay is on a lot less than he used to be. He still does Iron Chef and hosts Next Food Network Star, but most of his cooking and grilling shows are gone (or only air old repeats at odd hours). Tyler Florence is another one who used to be all over Food Network but now is pretty much reduced to hosting that awful Food Truck Road Race competition.

Food Network is trying to phase out its old stars, but they can't find any new stars to take their place (all the new shows they've tried have failed), so they've said, "Fuck it. Let's just air 12-hour marathons of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives." Sadly, that strategy seems to be working for them.

by Enoughreply 2109/22/2013

Not if R17's number is correct, R21.

I haven't seen Bobby in forever on any network. His brunch show is on at strange hours.

The very people they might be trying to phase out now, are the very people that made them popular.

As long as they don't mess with the morning, mid-afternoon programming, I don't care. The new tv season is starting up and I would never watch this network during prime time.

by Enoughreply 2209/22/2013

I'd be really impressed with someone who makes Poptarts from scratch!

by Enoughreply 2309/22/2013

Have all the good shows migrated over to the Cooking Channel? It had promise when it started if I recall. I hope it hasn't become Food's "MTV 2" and just carry the sister channel's shows.

by Enoughreply 2409/22/2013

[quote]You're wrong [R12], and maybe not too bright.

I'm sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about.

If there were ratings to be had for Julia Childs B&W repeats, Food Network would be showing them. There isn't, so they don't.

Do you not understand how the media operates?

by Enoughreply 2509/22/2013

I can't watch Guy Fieri anymore. I always thought he had weird chemistry around the gay chefs/owners on DD&D, but after I found out what a fuckwad homophobe he is, I stopped watching altogether.

And although I don't think Julia Child reruns would be a ratings grabber, lowest common denominator all the time will turn off certain demographics. And the Food Network is finding that out now.

by Enoughreply 2609/22/2013

Eh, don't care about FN anymore, honestly.

I've been watching that PBS Create Channel.

Fantastic cooking shows all the time.

Martha, Ming, Cook's Country, Jacques Pepin....

by Enoughreply 2709/22/2013

R27 is the PBS Create channel a subchannel or an actual cable network on digital/satellite? I'd love to see the Scandinavian cooking shows in the week and not have to wait for Saturday in my market.

by Enoughreply 2809/22/2013

It's another channel entirely. There's the PBS channel then the Create channel right next to it.

It's free as well if you have the rabbit ears.

by Enoughreply 2909/22/2013

My local PBS is KCOSHD KCOSC is the Create channel.

by Enoughreply 3009/22/2013

At least you don't have to watch KSHR, the 24 hr Hassidic Jewish cooking show on Long Island.

by Enoughreply 3109/22/2013

The problem with Food Network is that whenever I turn it on there doesn't seem to be anyone cooking. There's a block of "Restaurant Impossible" followed by "Restaurant Stakeout" then "Undercover Diners" and whatever the show is where they shoplift things. Throw in "Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives" and hours could go by before anyone actually shows the viewer how to cook something.

by Enoughreply 3209/22/2013

So, R31, who do you hate more? Jews or poor people?

by Enoughreply 3309/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.