Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

German Blood in the British Royal Family

Despite everyone constantly saying that the British Royal Family is German, which is partly true thanks to Queen Victoria's German mother and Queen Victoria's first cousin German husband. But the Queen's father was Prince Edward, the 4th son of King George III and their line is not German.

But calling the current royal family German, would be like calling yourselves whatever ancestry your family came from. They are as much British as you and I are American. So stop it

by Anonymousreply 5409/23/2013

Who cares?

I wanna shag Harry!!

by Anonymousreply 109/21/2013

Coincidentally,the names Windsor and Mountbatten were originally Saxe-Coburg-Gotha and Shelssweig-Holstein- Sonderburg-Glucksburg. George VI decided to show that the family was entirely British during World War I,and make their name sound much more English.He wasn't very happy with "The German Element" because 24 GOTHA warplanes bombed London!

by Anonymousreply 209/21/2013

I do hate those Mountbatten bitches...

by Anonymousreply 309/21/2013

And r2 in response the German court joked that they would put on the play "The Merry Wives of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha". He who laughs last laughs best.

by Anonymousreply 409/21/2013

City on fire! City on fire!

by Anonymousreply 509/21/2013

Things were better under the kaiser.

by Anonymousreply 609/21/2013

This is funny.

Here we have a family whose only claim to fame is through their ancestors - and OP wants to deny how important their ancestors are.

by Anonymousreply 709/21/2013

[quote] But the Queen's father was Prince Edward, the 4th son of King George III and their line is not German.

YES, they were. They were called "Hanoverians" for a reason, dumbo

by Anonymousreply 809/21/2013

OP? The British Royal Family is German.

by Anonymousreply 909/22/2013

The Queen through her mother, is Scottish and English. Through her father, she's German and Danish. Prince Philip's blood is Danish and Russian.

There's far more Danish blood in them today than German.

With the exception of the madly racist Japanese, and the Tongans and the Thais, all other royal families are multicultural.

But ranting they're Hun, makes a nice story for the haters.

by Anonymousreply 1009/22/2013

Queen Mary was pretty German. Her mother was a British Hanoverian (Hanoverians were Germans) princess and her father a minor German prince. Mary's son Albert (future King George VI) married a nice Scottish girl, the daughter of an Earl. Sounded good, right? Finally stop the German marriages and become a real British family? But then George's daughter Elizabeth married a Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg which admittedly, are Danish names but from the border region of Schleswig Holstein. Philip's mother was a Battenberg princess, a great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria who was paternally descended from minor German princes. Philip's father was born in Greece but to a family that were for all intents Danish and German. Not a drop of Greek blood. All four of Philip's sisters married German princes, one married two German princes. All of these brother-in-laws were connected with the Nazi party.

Queen Mary's son George (Duke of Kent) married Princess Marina, the daughter of Prince Nicholas of Greece (whose maternal great grandmother and paternal grandmother were German) and Grand Duchess Elena of Russia (whose maternal grandmother and paternal great-grandmother were German). George's son Michael married an Austrian/Bohemian baroness, daughter of a Nazi.

Queen Mary's other two sons married non-Germans; Wallis Simpson and Lady Alice Montegue-Scott. Interestingly, it is said that Wallis and Edward were Nazi supporters, there is even a photograph of them greeting Hitler in Germany. In his old age, when Edward had too much to drink he would play German military marching music, roll his 'R's and rant that no one should forget his blood was 100% German.

Queen Mary recently rolled in her grave last spring when Princess Beatrice and Eugenie visited Germany and Beatrice delivered a horrendous, awkward, phonetic reading of a speech in German.

by Anonymousreply 1109/22/2013

Not too germane, but English itself is a Germanic language.

by Anonymousreply 1209/22/2013

But do William or Harry have und grosso schwanz?

by Anonymousreply 1309/22/2013

I would think your point R12 is quite germane. That the language of the Anglo Saxons has Teutonic origins is an indication of their ethnic origins not just of the ruling family. Indeed one wonders if the tradition of acceptability of German lineages in the ruling family is a result of this.

by Anonymousreply 1409/22/2013

germaine is the correct spelling

by Anonymousreply 1509/22/2013

r11, Bertie would never have been allowed to marry that nice Scottish girl, daughter of Earl Strathmore, if she knew that David was going to abdicate for "that Woman". The heir apparent never married a commoner, even if they were aristocratic, they married other royals.

That is the reason that Lilibet went back to tradition and married a royal cousin.

Charles broke with tradition and married, as heir apparent, an aristocratic commoner.

Wills broke with tradition even more by marrying a non-aristocratic commoner.

Lilibet's mum made her 50% British.

Charles was bread back to 25% British because of his dad.

Wills and Harry are 62.5% British due to Diana.

Catherine has a rather pure British ancestry which has many noble members so that Prince George is now over 80% old fashioned pre-Hanoverian British.

by Anonymousreply 1609/22/2013

Not my blood.

by Anonymousreply 1709/22/2013

Hey R11 I have a question. You wrote, "Mary's son Albert (future King George VI)." Why wouldn't he be King Albert? Why did he become King George, when his given name, I'm assuming, was Albert? This is very confusing.

by Anonymousreply 1809/22/2013

WHO GIVES A FUCK???

by Anonymousreply 1909/22/2013

DUCK!

by Anonymousreply 2009/22/2013

"WHO GIVES A FUCK???"

Apparently, quite a few Germans and a Russian/Danish Greek.

by Anonymousreply 2109/22/2013

Geeze, and in the USA people go batshit because they think our President was born in Keyna.

Imagine how complicated it must be for British "Birthers" to wrap their heads around all this.

by Anonymousreply 2209/22/2013

When Bertie ascended to the throne, he chose his fourth name, George, as his regnal name. British monarchs can do that, like the Pope.

by Anonymousreply 2309/22/2013

And that is how Princess Drina became Queen Victoria.

by Anonymousreply 2409/22/2013

I think the far greater concern is their lizard blood.

by Anonymousreply 2509/22/2013

OP, by this "the Queen's father was Prince Edward, the 4th son of King George III" I presume you mean Queen Victoria.

The "German blood" in the British royal family indeed comes from the Georges. They were brought over from Hanover when Queen Anne died without issue and the first one became George I of Great Britian as well as being Duke of Hanover. He was married to a German woman, so George II was of full German stock too. Both George I and George II were born in Germany.

George II married a German woman, so his eldest son Frederick, also born in Germany, was of full German stock. Frederick married a German woman, so his son George III (who succeeded his grandfather) was of full German stock. George III married a German woman, so that makes his son Edward, father of Victoria, of full German stock. Edward married a German woman, so that makes his daughter Victoria of full German stock.

Victoria married the German Albert, so that makes their children of full German stock.

Her son Edward married Princess Alexandra of the Danish royal family, and they have a fair bit of Germanic lurking around in their family tree too.

So, when you say "But the Queen's father was Prince Edward, the 4th son of King George III and their line is not German", you're talking nonsense.

What I think is interesting is that Queen Victoria's mother, also a Princess Victoria, had already been married before she married Edward, and had two kids from that first marriage.

by Anonymousreply 2609/22/2013

Mary Magdalene made it to France carrying Jesus' child and started their royal family.

by Anonymousreply 2709/22/2013

Are they Hapsburgs as well?

Anyways, OP, yes they all have STRONG GERMANIC blood in them. You realize that King Edward who abdicated (or really was forced out) consorted with Hitler? That was the current Queen's uncle, oh and he spoke German & was a total NAZI along with that tranny he was with.

They are not too far from that Germanic blood but with William & Kate's marriage they have diluted it more. It's not just Germanic blood, it's the blood of COUSIN MARRYING COUSIN too!

Diana's mother? SHAND-KYDD. Camilla last name? SHAND. And Charles is related to both of them. It's worse than anything here in the USA in the south. It is DISGUSTING.

It is not incest of the brother & sister type but it's "marrying your cousins" and truthfully it is sickening. Hence the Royal horse faces & bunny teeth.

Thank goodness William BRED OUT, not IN. Hell his grandparents, the Queen and Prince Phillip are close cousins.

by Anonymousreply 2809/22/2013

Just about everyone in that family is related through inbreeding. Of course the current crop has it's gay members like Prince Charles, Prince Edward, and Princess Margaret's (the Queen's deceased sister) son whom she had with Anthony Armstrong Jones who was gay. My friends in the UK say that the only one in the family who is not a "queen" is the Queen herself.

by Anonymousreply 2909/22/2013

R28, it's spelt Habsburg and, no, they're not.

R29, your friends in the UK don't say that, unless they're delusional gay men who live in the British equivalent of their parents' basement.

by Anonymousreply 3009/22/2013

[quote]With the exception of the madly racist Japanese, and the Tongans and the Thais, all other royal families are multicultural.

Puh-lease.

Let's see Harry bring home anything with a natural tan, then we'll talk about racism.

by Anonymousreply 3109/22/2013

Britain's royal family has long been taunted for its German roots, but now a more exotic lineage can be revealed after evidence emerged indicating that Prince William is the direct descendant of an Indian woman.

by Anonymousreply 3209/22/2013

Please, r31 -- Harry likes rich blondes.

by Anonymousreply 3309/22/2013

[quote]Diana's mother? SHAND-KYDD. Camilla last name? SHAND. And Charles is related to both of them. It's worse than anything here in the USA in the south. It is DISGUSTING.

Diana's mother married the Shand-Kydd when she bolted from the Earl and her children - and every freaking genealogist known to man researched that line when the scandal with Camilla came out...

...and they are not related.

by Anonymousreply 3409/22/2013

They are thoroughly German in descent.....Alexandra of Denmark was German in blood through her mother.

Elizabeth is half Scottish/English, but married another German, Prince Philip. Charles and Andrew both married British girls, so the next generation of royals is now English/Scottish in blood compared to the past.

by Anonymousreply 3509/22/2013

[quote]But the Queen's father was Prince Edward, the 4th son of King George III and their line is not German.

WTH were they, then? Chinese?

by Anonymousreply 3609/22/2013

[quote]Charles was bread back

Oh, DEAR!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3709/22/2013

The act German. Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 3809/22/2013

[quote]Imagine how complicated it must be for British "Birthers" to wrap their heads around all this.

Oh but they have had birthers. Wasn't it the wife of James II who was thought to have had a baby smuggled in in a warming pan?

by Anonymousreply 3909/22/2013

Prince Phillip is supposed to have another family hidden away in Argentina, a la Charles Lindbergh, which only came to light after his death.

by Anonymousreply 4009/22/2013

Just because they have German ancestors doesn't make them less British than another family with German or Russian or Italian etc ancestry.

by Anonymousreply 4109/22/2013

OP: I love your new single "You Better Work, Bitch"!

by Anonymousreply 4209/22/2013

"which only came to light after his death."

He's dead?

by Anonymousreply 4309/22/2013

thank you r37, seemed odd to me as well but I let it go. I nearly used breeded.

by Anonymousreply 4409/22/2013

The Hanovers got the throne because they were the nearest non-Catholic relatives, descended from King a james VI and I, a Scottish king who inherited the English throne.

The last English King was Harld Godwinson (died 1066, Anglo Saxon), after him were Vikings (the Normans, all the Plantagenets, Yorks, Lancasters etc,), then the Welsh (the Tudors) then Scottish (the Stuarts) then German-Scottish (the Hanovers). It's the same Hanover line now, just a few name changes en route. There have been a few Danish, Portuguese, French, Dutch etc. consorts as well, so there really isn't a British bloodline. Like the rest of Europe they're all intermingled.

by Anonymousreply 4509/22/2013

German blood? The only reason the British Windsors have "German" ancestry is because the English moved to Germany in marriage.

When talking about people who populated the royal houses of every European nation, and intermingled with the rest of their peers, the continued discussions about the German origins of the Windsors represent not only trolling, but a misrepresentation of history and genetics.

by Anonymousreply 4609/22/2013

Let's not call them Windsors, they are Saxe-Gothas, really.

SAXE as in SAXON! (German for those who don't know)

by Anonymousreply 4709/22/2013

Camilla & Charles are related and not that far back either

by Anonymousreply 4809/22/2013

Camilla & Diana are cousins about mid-1700's & beyond they have someone in common.

And the name is interesting, it'w WENMAN in there, and that is a....GERMAN name.

by Anonymousreply 4909/22/2013

Diana was Charles' 7th cousin btw, and they have many ancestors in common. Also, Charles, before he proposed to Diana had proposed to Amanda his 2nd cousin. Again, look it up, too many fucking links.

by Anonymousreply 5009/22/2013

I don't think 7th cousin relationship is a problem (attached link) it's so far back that a lot of people will have married a 7th cousin without realising it. Just look at the Genghis Khan effect. The real problem was the Habsburgs, just google the Habsburg jaw.

by Anonymousreply 5109/22/2013

King Edward IV had an illegitimate daughter through a mistress. She is the ancestor of the Queen Mother Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon.

by Anonymousreply 5209/22/2013

German

by Anonymousreply 5309/22/2013

[quote]But calling the current royal family German, would be like calling yourselves whatever ancestry your family came from.

Only if I claimed to be hereditary King of America and made a point of tracing my ancestry back to Pocahantas.

by Anonymousreply 5409/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.