Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I recently bought the Blu-ray of the Netflix series' first season.

I'm not overly impressed. It's entertaining. But it's not a great series. One thing that bugs me is that the orchestrations of numerous characters' downfalls are too easily executed. Like what [italic]Law & Order: Special Victims Unit[/italic] became in advancing silly plot points.

The Emmys are tomorrow night. I don't think [italic]House of Cards[/italic] is worthy of its high-profile recognition.

by Anonymousreply 609/22/2013

I lost interest during Episode 2. Wow, political scheming. So original!

by Anonymousreply 109/21/2013

The English series I liked very much, Spacey I could not get into.

by Anonymousreply 209/21/2013

I thought it was better than average, but quite a bit of it drags. I really dislike the Zoe character as well (not sure if it's just Kate Mara that bugs me, or how the character is written).

by Anonymousreply 309/21/2013

I liked the look,soundtrack, acting, and most of the plots.

However, they spent way too much time on the library dedication. I fast forwarded through most of that.

by Anonymousreply 409/21/2013

Why would you buy it on blu-ray when you could just get netflix for 8 bucks a month and watch it?

Especially when you weren't even sure you'd like it?

Seems like a stupid move, not surprised you don't like good shows.

by Anonymousreply 509/21/2013

I didn't say I didn't like [italic]House of Cards[/italic]. But it's not a series of greatness as some think it is.

I bought it on Blu-ray when Best Buy had it on sale around $25. I had a reward certificate that brought it down $10 to a total of around $15.

by Anonymousreply 609/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!