Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

HOUSE OF CARDS

I recently bought the Blu-ray of the Netflix series' first season.

I'm not overly impressed. It's entertaining. But it's not a great series. One thing that bugs me is that the orchestrations of numerous characters' downfalls are too easily executed. Like what [italic]Law & Order: Special Victims Unit[/italic] became in advancing silly plot points.

The Emmys are tomorrow night. I don't think [italic]House of Cards[/italic] is worthy of its high-profile recognition.

by Anonymousreply 609/22/2013

I lost interest during Episode 2. Wow, political scheming. So original!

by Anonymousreply 109/21/2013

The English series I liked very much, Spacey I could not get into.

by Anonymousreply 209/21/2013

I thought it was better than average, but quite a bit of it drags. I really dislike the Zoe character as well (not sure if it's just Kate Mara that bugs me, or how the character is written).

by Anonymousreply 309/21/2013

I liked the look,soundtrack, acting, and most of the plots.

However, they spent way too much time on the library dedication. I fast forwarded through most of that.

by Anonymousreply 409/21/2013

Why would you buy it on blu-ray when you could just get netflix for 8 bucks a month and watch it?

Especially when you weren't even sure you'd like it?

Seems like a stupid move, not surprised you don't like good shows.

by Anonymousreply 509/21/2013

R5,

I didn't say I didn't like [italic]House of Cards[/italic]. But it's not a series of greatness as some think it is.

I bought it on Blu-ray when Best Buy had it on sale around $25. I had a reward certificate that brought it down $10 to a total of around $15.

by Anonymousreply 609/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.