Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Republican Congressman Tells Hungry Kids, ‘If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.’

OMG -- Facebook's involved.

by Anonymousreply 5709/22/2013

Seriously, how long before the Republicans try to bring back child labor?

by Anonymousreply 209/21/2013

[quote]Yes, OP, because there are millions of "hungry kids" in this country.

In fact, asshole R1, there are.

by Anonymousreply 309/21/2013

Cunts

by Anonymousreply 409/21/2013

And how many jobs bills have Republican Congress members produced again?

by Anonymousreply 509/21/2013

Sanctimonious fatface.

by Anonymousreply 609/21/2013

It's also time to firebomb evangelical churches, and open fire at NRA meetings. This is war and we need to fight it as a military.

Kill the rich. And their little children too.

by Anonymousreply 709/21/2013

The only reason you should ever be comparing your bowl to someone else's is to make sure that they have enough food. - Louis CK (don't know if he took it from someone else)

by Anonymousreply 809/21/2013

He didn't say it to kids, the headline is misleading.

What these republican congressmen are doing is horrible enough without reaching for the kid angle.

It is your fault this is happening, unless you are active in voting and politics, this is completely your fault.

Not the congressmen's fault, they are doing what is rational for themselves since the public doesn't care. Not the media's fault, they are here to sell ads.

It is your fault for not getting off your fat lazy ass and doing something about it.

by Anonymousreply 909/21/2013

Who cares if he didn't say it to kids!

by Anonymousreply 1009/21/2013

[quote]ot the congressmen's fault, they are doing what is rational for themselves since the public doesn't care. Not the media's fault, they are here to sell ads.

That's a terribly Machiavellian view of "rational". It seems savagery to me

by Anonymousreply 1209/21/2013

Dirty bombs and chemical bombs exploded on Wall Street. Conventional car bombs too. Bring the whole system to its feet. Kill the bastards in suits that starve to poor for slightly greater corporate profits.

It has not come to this yet, but given their greed and disregard it will. And I will be proud to be on the front lines.

by Anonymousreply 1309/21/2013

No, it is Webster's view of rational, don't be mad at me. Be mad at yourself for allowing these pigs to get so far. This is all the result of 3 people. 3 billionaires and their cronies are controlling ALL of this tea-party bullshit.

3 people vs. half the country and the 3 ppl are winning (at least in the states and half of the fed.)

This country is so fucked if people don't wise up.

by Anonymousreply 1409/21/2013

R11

by Anonymousreply 1509/21/2013

R11?

by Anonymousreply 1609/21/2013

In fact, asshole R1 / R7, there are.

by Anonymousreply 1709/21/2013

The Koch brothers and who is the third?

by Anonymousreply 1809/21/2013

R11?

by Anonymousreply 1909/21/2013

R11!!

by Anonymousreply 2009/21/2013

R11?!?

by Anonymousreply 2109/21/2013

I think 'there aren't hungry kids' poster is a troll. I've never heard anyone make that argument before, at least.

by Anonymousreply 2209/21/2013

For those of you who are too busy to care, congress voted this week to 1. defund obamacare 2. cut food stamps 3. add drug testing to requirements for food stamps

Just those 3 things alone should be enough to send them all packing.

Remember in 2012 when all the repugs could talk about is creating jobs? Where are all those bills? Same thing in the states - not one realistic jobs bill between feds OR the states.

NOT ONE!!!!!

p.s. and how much is all that drug testing going to cost? FL has already learned that this is a bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 2309/21/2013

Sorry- Reply 17 should have specified R3 and R11. (Not that 11 isn't also an asshole of a different variety)

by Anonymousreply 2409/21/2013

Are there no workhouses?

by Anonymousreply 2509/21/2013

The U.S. is unfortunately at the precipice, where Germany was in the 30s. It doesn't have to go down that dark road, but I am starting to lose hope that it won't.

There are some evil people in power now. Cruel people. And they have a lot of devilishly cruel, mean people backing them up at the voting booth.

Well, Relevation says something about false Christians marking the end of days. Maybe the Jesus nuts will get what they want, just not how they expected. Be careful what you wish for.

by Anonymousreply 2609/21/2013

And let's say that you are a libertarian/conservative person. Lets say you want to improve the U.S.

So you want to pay people less than they can live on, cut all their assistance, kill any chance of getting health insurance, allow the banks to lend them money at 50% interest rates and then not allow them any bankruptcy options?

And then what? sit back and enjoy your conservative utopia?

WHAT IS THE END GAME??? Democrats at least have an end game: opportunity for all.

by Anonymousreply 2709/21/2013

I hope the trolls die in a ditch and have their bones gnawed by jackals.

by Anonymousreply 2809/21/2013

It's not that complicated folks. The truly rich people are able to live without allegiance to any nation at this point. They only need to look out for themselves. So what they do is they buy politicians and milk the wealth out a country. Once they can't get any more out, they move on to somewhere else. These people are able to make investments that pay off when things do poorly or when they do well, and having bought the politicians they know what's going to happen before it actually happens. That's the real value of a seat in the House for even just one term, by the way. It's not your salary or the cushy benefits. It's not even the comfy K Street lobbyist gig when you're out of office. It's being in the loop and knowing what to invest in and when to invest in it. They become really wealthy that way, at the public's expense. I'm not even talking about knowing when a 9/11 level event is going to happen. I'm just talking about knowing that the FDA is about to approve a drug, or the FCC is about to change some regulations, or some committee is about to make some seemingly minor recommendation.

by Anonymousreply 2909/21/2013

this is the top tenth of one percent of world wealth you are speaking of. no one here at the DL, the trolls are paid to raise cain and bolt.

by Anonymousreply 3009/21/2013

Posts about poverty levels is NOT the same as hungry kids, R15 through R22. I suggest you go outside your small privileged world and see countries like Ethiopia if you want to see hungry kids.

by Anonymousreply 3209/21/2013

R31, fuck off. go off yourself.

by Anonymousreply 3309/21/2013

Hmmm... and what church do you go to, R32?

by Anonymousreply 3409/21/2013

R35, the perfect Republican: anti-poor and anti-woman.

by Anonymousreply 3609/21/2013

R36, I prefer pro responsible

by Anonymousreply 3709/21/2013

What's next, R37? Blaming/stigmatizing people with HIV for a disease thy could avoid?

by Anonymousreply 3809/21/2013

If a child is not willing to work, it's best they are denied nourishment.

And if they cannot earn enough to eat well at wages offered them under new "child minimum wage" (obviously less than the adult minimum wage), they must not rely on government handouts like foodstamps. There should be plenty of page positions opening soon, so they can take a second job.

In the words of Bloomberg's former Schools Chancellor, to parents criticizing her administration, "If you would simply stop having these children, we would not have this problem."

by Anonymousreply 3909/21/2013

R35, go eat glass

by Anonymousreply 4009/21/2013

R41 = Mann Coulter

by Anonymousreply 4209/21/2013

You asked who number 3 is...

via HuffPo:

"Sept 20 (Reuters) - News Corp, the publishing company controlled by Rupert Murdoch, reported on Friday that annual revenue grew 2.7 percent to almost $8.9 billion on a rise in circulation and subscription revenue."

To be fair to the old guy, this total is gross and includes all his other brands, but I'd say that the tea party is good business if you can get it.

By the way, that is just one year's take.

by Anonymousreply 4309/21/2013

Ah, yeah... makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 4409/21/2013

But R45, you belong to the right wing of our nation, which is anti-abortion and in numerous cases anti-contraception. Your team is actually FOR women pumping out kids in a "pro-life" world.

And you ignore that US birth rates are actually down. The welfare queen breeding like a rabbit is a figment of the 70s and 80s.

by Anonymousreply 4609/21/2013

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Thanks r45, I needed a good laugh.

by Anonymousreply 4709/21/2013

If I have to feed 100 'shit stains' as you put it to give one child the opportunity to live their life to the fullest... something that they wouldn't have had due to poverty by accident of birth... then it's worth every penny.

I feel sorry for you if it's more important for you to have a bigger TV or whatever the small amount of your personal money that we're talking about would get you.

by Anonymousreply 4809/21/2013

R45, fuck off and do something worthwhile instead of feeding your greedy ugly maw. Your life is worthless. nothing you do is worth anything, nothing.

by Anonymousreply 4909/21/2013

People would love to work.

Unfortunately, there is not much work for them to do.

In the 90s people bought that NAFTA and technology would not destroy jobs. Wrong.

by Anonymousreply 5009/21/2013

I've been out of work for over two years, desperately trying to find work, have not had luck though.

NOT on food stamps. In my state there are no food stamps unless you are old, disabled, or a child.

by Anonymousreply 5109/21/2013

Maybe r51 should have to cut his own leg off so he has an advantage in begging in the streets, like they do in India.

Thjat would make the anti-poor happy, right? It would show incentive.

All you bitched complaining about the tax drain on YOUR PERSONAL MONEY, would you provide us with the math of exactly what you pay to the needy through your taxes> Take your Federal taxes - not the SSI which you get back - and then subtract the 47% that goes to defense, and the 11% percent that goes to congressional benefits, and the part that goes to infrastructure, and tell us: what does the 4-8% of taxes paid to social programs (NOT 4-8% of your total income) come out to.

My guess is it's maybe $80/year tops.

For want of an extra $80 a year you want poor people to starve.

That makes you cretinous fucking assholes who will deserve it when the revolution comes and you get shot in the fucking face.

And believe me, that time is closer than you think.

by Anonymousreply 5209/21/2013

*crickets*

from the racists

You bitches HAVE NO STANDING.

Complain when you can prove helping the poor harms you.

by Anonymousreply 5309/22/2013

Still: crickets.

Still no claim of standing.

by Anonymousreply 5409/22/2013

R52, could speed up this "revolution?" I keep hearing about it and frankly I'm a little bored this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 5509/22/2013

[quote]Seriously, how long before the Republicans try to bring back child labor?

I seem to recall Newt Gingrich(?) saying something about repealing the child labor laws.

by Anonymousreply 5609/22/2013

He indeed wanted them to "have cash money" for doing menial labor at their own schools.

by Anonymousreply 5709/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!