Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Did anybody get the new 5S or 5C yet?

Would love to hear your feedback.

I was hoping someone would have posted a thread about this yesterday so we could get a first-hand account. Looks like the excitement factor has gone way down on these latest new releases.

by Anonymousreply 1009/21/2013

I'm trying to figure out why the 5S is so much more expensive with a 2-year T-Mobile plan than with a 2-year Verizon wireless plan. Almost twice as much. Anyone have an answer for this?

by Anonymousreply 109/21/2013

Didn't get a new phone BUT I did update my operating system to the iOS 7 and am unimpressed. Everything looks cheep and cheesy but I suppose it is less taxing on the phone processors.

by Anonymousreply 209/21/2013

No, but my grandmother did. She loves her 5S

by Anonymousreply 309/21/2013

I don't plan to upgrade to ios7 until absolutely necessary, especially after the fiasco with maps a while back.

I've seen some reviews which suggest that ios7 runs slow on anything older than an iphone 5 or the most recent ipad. I have an iPad 3 from early 2012 and two iPhone (4s and 5 - work and personal) and don't plan to update any of them.

by Anonymousreply 409/21/2013

IOS7 works well and is fast, in fact much faster than IOS6 on my old 4s.

by Anonymousreply 509/21/2013

I just bought the 5c today. I love it! It's fast and easy to use.

by Anonymousreply 609/21/2013

I got a gold one, but my sick is silk unimpressive.

by Anonymousreply 709/21/2013

I bought a 5s yesterday. I did he whole fingerprint thing to log into my phone. But hn I turn on my phone, it doesn't even ask for my fingerprint. It just ak for the usual numerical passcode. Anyone else experience this?

by Anonymousreply 809/21/2013

My work uses a lot of Iphones. They sent out an email regarding security flaws on Thursday or Friday. I don't use an Iphone I like Android. Fortunately we get to go to the Verizon website and pick any phone we want. I'm about to go back to a regular flip phone if they still have them. I miss charging it once a week. Plus I use zero apps or anything like that. I just like the Samsung screen and live wallpapers but who really cares about that shit. Does anyone really run their lives using their smart phone? I guess I'm always gonna be a sticky pad notes in my wallet person.

1. The first one allows an intruder to bypass the passcode lock and access a user’s camera roll and view (but not access) open apps. From the camera roll an intruder could share your photos via social networks or email accounts. This, incidentally, also opens partial access to contacts. Apple is aware of the problem and has assured customers that a fix will be released in a future software update, but has not published a time frame yet.

To fix this flaw until Apple releases a software update you’ll need to turn off access to your Control Center from the locked screen; Settings>Control Center and toggle off “Access on Lock Screen”.

2. The second one allows an intruder to enable “Airplane Mode” via Siri, which effectively disables “Find my iPhone.” To fix this flaw until Apple releases a software update you’ll need to turn off access to Siri from the locked screen; Settings>General>Passcode Lock and toggle off “Allow Access When Locked” for Siri. More detailed instructions can be found on the Unified Communications Intranet at

by Anonymousreply 909/21/2013

Nobody has, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1009/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.