Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Next Generation of Osmonds

Years ago, Barbara Walters interviewed Donny and Marie when their show was on ABC and they were going strong. One segment showed a room full of little Osmonds, the next generation who would all be taught music and musical instruments as part of their upbringing. There was a float of Osmonds in Macy's parades, but otherwise...nothing.

Have any of the younger members of the clan reached any success in show business? I guess you can't breed talent.

by Anonymousreply 2509/22/2013

They'll be appearing in a new musical version of "Village of the Damned".

by Anonymousreply 109/21/2013

What is it with Mormons and music? Seems as if all the kids play violins or the harp. The Quiverful people are into it too.

by Anonymousreply 209/21/2013

Nathan Osmond is a country singer. Some of the others appeared in musicals. I don`t think any have had the success of the original osmonds tho...

by Anonymousreply 309/21/2013

I seem to recall some of the grandchildren trying to get a boy band started a few years ago.

Since they all grew up wealthy, it makes sense that the next generation may not be as driven for success as George and Olive were.

by Anonymousreply 409/21/2013

I thought the grandchildren that where singing were girls. Think they got together for some event.

by Anonymousreply 509/21/2013

I wonder how much money Donny & Marie have though? YES, now they are very hot again with a residence in Las Vegas and probably at $10-20 million a year contract plus AMAZING reviews for their Christmas shows this past year in LA and the year before in NY, and Marie either hosts or did host some little talk show on Hallmark Channel but they both had a LOT of lean years and LOTS of kids to support.

by Anonymousreply 609/21/2013

Marie has a nice fortune. She has sold her dolls for years on the shopping networks. They have always been able to pack them in Vegas when all else fails. I don't think she has ever truly wanted for money, at least not in the last twenty five years.

by Anonymousreply 709/21/2013

Don`t think they would have gain it back after they went bankrupt tho. They lost millions.. I guess their standard of living is quite good.

by Anonymousreply 809/21/2013

True enough, R6; however, even in their leanest years I doubt any of the grandkids had to skip any meals or put school clothes on layaway. Not saying wealthy people can't be motivated, but it's reasonable to think that a person might not be as interested in working the state fair circuit for years when they have a sizable trust fund.

Marie's children likely have their own unique issues preventing them from success, to put it mildly.

by Anonymousreply 909/21/2013

You mean, like, suicide?

by Anonymousreply 1009/21/2013

I think the biggest one would be "being raised by Marie Osmond," R10.

by Anonymousreply 1109/21/2013

Isn`t one of her daughters gay

by Anonymousreply 1209/21/2013

Yes, Marie Osmond has a lesbian daughter, and Marie has been very supportive.

by Anonymousreply 1309/21/2013

Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 1409/21/2013

[quote]Don`t think they would have gain it back after they went bankrupt tho. They lost millions.. I guess their standard of living is quite good.

I'm sure their standard of living was nice, but the bankruptcy was due to patriarch George's bad business deals and investments. IIRC one investment was in a large recording complex as though Provo was going to become another music city like Detroit of old and Nashville.

by Anonymousreply 1509/21/2013

Yes I remember the studio in Provo. it was a state of the art studio.. Must have been heart breaking to lose it all. I know they paid every penny they owed. I respect them for that.

by Anonymousreply 1609/21/2013

They perform at Branson quite often.

by Anonymousreply 1709/21/2013

Donny and Marie and their children are beyond financially secure. Can the same be said for the other brothers and their kids? I wonder how the family handles its finances now. Is there some sort of family trust that those who inevitably make more tithe into to make sure that the others have a bit more security? Makes a hell of a lot more sense than tithing the Mormon church.

by Anonymousreply 1809/21/2013

Whats the goss on the suicide. So sad. I don`t remember reading much about this..

by Anonymousreply 1909/21/2013

David Osmond stood in for Donny when he hurt his butt

by Anonymousreply 2009/21/2013

On a related note, Mitt's newest grandchild is adopted, black, and they named him Kieran, which is a variation of 'little dark one' or 'blacky' according to Wikipedia. Also, Mitt (albeit probably mistakenly) forgot to add in the little dark one when he was counting up a tally of his grandkids. Oops.

by Anonymousreply 2109/21/2013

Donny wears a hairpiece!

by Anonymousreply 2209/21/2013

haha, I know he dyes his hair.

by Anonymousreply 2309/21/2013

Jimmy is playing Captain Hook in a U.K. production of Peter Pan.

by Anonymousreply 2409/21/2013

"I guess you can't breed talent."

So wise, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2509/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.