Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jesse Eisenberg - When did he become such a nasty dick, and what's given him such a massive ego?

I've read about two interviews where he's been an obnoxious douche as well as other things about him having a massively inflated ego.

by Anonymousreply 9405/16/2014

Link to the other interview, OP, please.

by Anonymousreply 209/21/2013

I disagree. I saw the clip of the video that many talked about and he was fine. He seems a bit socially awkward, not unlike his character was in Social Network, but I didn't pick up a douchey vibe. If anything the interviewer was kind of a jerk

by Anonymousreply 309/21/2013

This guy admits that he was very reclusive, that he never watched, and to this day does not own a TV set, and he seems to me to be a very shy person, highly intelligent, maybe someone with some kind of mental health issues.

So when he is stressed out and feels cornered, he lacks the social skills to figure out how to deal with it, and he gets ugly. I've known people like that. I think it's a form of mental illness. Or maybe a form of Asperger's.

There was a really shy kid in high school who rarely talked, and a couple of times when he was in a social setting he stressed out and said inappropriate or rude things, so people started shunning him. He was OK with shunning. He was "anti-social." I later learned he had some mental disorder.

by Anonymousreply 409/21/2013

Is his dick nasty? Is it big?

by Anonymousreply 509/21/2013

Middle class, R6. First Queens, then East Brunswick, NJ. Maybe when he made some money, he moved his parents to the UWS, but this is the first I've heard.

by Anonymousreply 709/21/2013

You sound very judgmental, r4. A form of mental illness? Really?

by Anonymousreply 909/21/2013

Some of us love him, R8.

by Anonymousreply 1009/21/2013

Think r4 is right. He certainly is awkward and aspy-esque. He is exactly the same as his characters and plays himself. He is as articulate and intelligent as those nerdy characters though. He founded some word game website or something.

See him at 34 mins in

by Anonymousreply 1109/21/2013

Only in Us shyness can be considered a mental illness. The only thing insane in this guy is his talent. I'm reading amazing reviews about his last two movies at TIFF 2013

by Anonymousreply 1209/22/2013

I think in some interviews he took the role of mark zuckerberg a little too seriously and some parts of that douchy personality rubbed off on him.!Apart from that he seems like a sweet,shy and awkward guy but could also have some closet troubles too.

by Anonymousreply 1309/22/2013

He received a Best Actor nod at 26. Respect should be paid. (what did you ever do op?)

by Anonymousreply 1409/22/2013

How he did get a career being so damn rat-like ugly, and still looking like a 15-year-old boy??!

by Anonymousreply 1509/22/2013

he plays those types r15

by Anonymousreply 1609/22/2013

Shitty actor, no charisma. Hollywood execs are the lamest bunch of people.

by Anonymousreply 1709/22/2013

ACH! Das Judens!

by Anonymousreply 1809/22/2013

He will be around a long time. He is insanely talented and can write as well as act.

His film earlier this year about magic was a surprise summer hit when all of the tentpole pics were flopping.

by Anonymousreply 1909/22/2013

I think he's amazing. I really appreciate his acting and most of his movies. Also I think he's a nice man and one or two bad interviews in ten years can't change my mind.

by Anonymousreply 2009/22/2013

He's good looking. Check Now you see me

by Anonymousreply 2109/22/2013

Asperger's

by Anonymousreply 2209/22/2013

Who do you think is hot, R23?

by Anonymousreply 2409/22/2013

R24. There's just no planet on which "hot" would describe Jesse Eisenberg. R23 was talking good looking. It's a big stride from that to "hot."

by Anonymousreply 2509/22/2013

R23 R25 You didn't answer the question.

And BTW, Jesse Eisenberg is HOT, HOT, HOT, if you're me. Which, obviously, you are not. And so, we end up back at my question: who do [italic]you[/italic] think is "good looking"?

It helps me understand people who don't like what I like, to know what they do like. I am frequently amazed on DL when I see some of the men some consider hot. I am just trying to create a context for understanding you.

And being understood is nice, don't you think?

by Anonymousreply 2609/22/2013

I met him once after his play and he was really nice.

by Anonymousreply 2709/22/2013

I think both he and his gf, Mia Wasisowska, are very underrated in Hollywood. Both are two of the more talented young actors out there.

by Anonymousreply 2809/22/2013

I really like actors that hold back, do only "print" interviews not tv, and maybe appear hostile, withdrawn, possibly crazy. Like Scorcese and DeNiro back when they were cool, circa '82. It's way more appealing than smug, grinning, way-too-self-regarding mini-talents.

by Anonymousreply 2909/22/2013

A young and talented actress, Mia Wasikoska, is dating Jesse. Not too bad for a "ugly" boy, right? Mia is a lucky girl. Both are lucky: talented, rich and good looking.

by Anonymousreply 3009/22/2013

I'm a total Jew-boy slut, and I find him to be "behaviorally challenged" (aka ASSPIE). That said, I'd still bend him over something sturdy. Now that Zuckerberg boy could be up to his luscious lips in debt, and I'd still have the hots for him.

by Anonymousreply 3109/22/2013

Jesse Eisenberg is the young actor I appreciate and respect most.

by Anonymousreply 3209/22/2013

[quote]I think both he and his gf, Mia Wasisowska, are very underrated in Hollywood.

How is Mia underrated? She works all the time in projects that get lots of visibility.

Jesse's play got shitty reviews (writing in particular) in spite of Vanessa being in it. So, please, stop saying he is a good writer.

by Anonymousreply 3309/22/2013

R32 and I are both subscribed to Who's Jew magazine.

by Anonymousreply 3409/22/2013

I meet him, when he was promoting "Now You See" and he was actually friendly, but I heard he doesn't like obnoxious reporters. Also, very cute in person.

by Anonymousreply 3509/22/2013

Is there really such a thing, R34? I want a subscription, too. What could be hotter than a fine young Jewish guy?

by Anonymousreply 3609/22/2013

R34 is someone's Jewish mother, I bet.

by Anonymousreply 3709/22/2013

Jesse IS a good writer. His humorous pieces are published in McSweeney and New Yorker. His play "Asuncion" got rave reviews. "The Revisionist" (that he wrote 5 years ago) was a box office success. For Vanessa Redgrave? Maybe. But, as the New York Times critic has written, Jesse gave her the chance writing a good and interesting character.

by Anonymousreply 3809/22/2013

LOL R31.

ITA.

by Anonymousreply 3909/22/2013

To my friends 34 and 37. My family is Christian but I define myself as an atheist now. The last thing I care is religion, particularly in actors.

by Anonymousreply 4009/22/2013

I was just teasing R40. If there was an app called JewFinder, I'd be the first ho on there. (Jewish mothers would beat me to it, though, to make sure their sons were finding nice Jewish boys instead of ME.)

by Anonymousreply 4109/22/2013

[41]OK. I live in Europe. Maybe religion is less important here. I really don't care. I find weird to read messages about religion in Actors posts

by Anonymousreply 4209/22/2013

You need to meet some American Jewish mothers. Jewish guys make the joke, at least in the South, "Fine for a lay, but no more than a day." They don't want to deal with their mothers either.

Let's get back to that nice Zucker -er- Eisenberg lad.

by Anonymousreply 4309/22/2013

Well, coming back to Eisenberg, Mia isn't Jewish I think. I hope he isn't in trouble with his mother :-) Anyway, all I have to say about Jesse Eisenberg: he got amazing reviews by critics lately. His late film "The Double" is 94% on Rotten Tomatoes, Night Moves 78% After a box office success as Now You see me this is a wonderful year for him. And ... I think is good looking and, above all, he's always better, year after year

by Anonymousreply 4409/22/2013

R41 R39 R34 R32 R31 Have you seen Holy Rollers?

It's Hebraically, Hasidically, hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 4509/22/2013

Someone should hold him down and display his micropeen to the paparazzi.

by Anonymousreply 4609/22/2013

Yes, and I read the news story about it at the time that it happened. I loved the movie, and WTF is wrong with bringing E into the country? They were spreading peace and love. I thought Jesse was great in it.

by Anonymousreply 4709/22/2013

Who says it's micro, and, either way, I don't care. I love him all the same (and hope he'd be a very receptive bottom).

by Anonymousreply 4809/22/2013

R45: Did you watch Adventureland? He was excellent (and hot) in it.

by Anonymousreply 4909/22/2013

weirdly he loves interesting but problematic characters. Anyway, I saw him few months ago in NY. He looks a lot better in person, A LOT BETTER

by Anonymousreply 5009/22/2013

Thanks, R45. I just put it in my Netflix queue. And yes to a support group. I can't believe anyone would find Jesse anything other than perfectly adorable -- and "rodentlike" is one of the first things out of the mouths of anti-Semites, but don't get me started -- but then I look at some of the moosemeat in those "presenting" threads, and I kind of understand that some people don't like what I like.

by Anonymousreply 5109/22/2013

You mean they don't like human proportions, I know.

by Anonymousreply 5209/22/2013

Rodentlike? He has the best smile. And the most adorable mouth

by Anonymousreply 5309/22/2013

R50: PIX? ;) I wouldn't expect you to intrude on his privacy unless he was naked. Then... well, I'd find and hurt you for not taking pix. I would, so don't let it happen. Big kisses!

by Anonymousreply 5409/22/2013

Exactly, R52 R31. I am regularly stunned by some of the choices.

by Anonymousreply 5509/22/2013

[54] Unfortunately he was dressed all the time

by Anonymousreply 5609/22/2013

We can't even go there. Size queens live in their own private Twilight Zone. Jesse would be fine regardless of his size. (I could name myriad others who I would say the same thing about... it's only a coincidence that they're mostly Jewish and I grew up in Palm Beach.) Now... he was so funny (in his own dark comedy way) in 30 Minutes Or Less. His face when asked, "Will that be all for your Rape Kit?" was priceless.

by Anonymousreply 5709/22/2013

Jesse's not a bad actor, he just has very little range. At least, unlike Michael Cera, he's pro-active in his choices, although I imagine those choices are pretty much like his own persona. Not a total washout, but he has very little interest in developing screen charisma.

by Anonymousreply 5809/23/2013

Oh brother, fangurls out of control here. He might be talented, but he has a nasty cunt attitude because he is feeling himself. Deal with it!

by Anonymousreply 5909/23/2013

When Vanessa Redgrave decided to star in his piece of his willowy wisp of a boring play.

by Anonymousreply 6009/23/2013

People who think Jesse comes off as a weirdo in interviews obviously haven't seen this clip of Ed Harris yet. Now that's what I call weird and uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 6109/23/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 6209/23/2013

R59 I could "deal with it" better if I got to be the one to feel him.

by Anonymousreply 6309/23/2013

Told you Ed was hardcore, R61

by Anonymousreply 6409/23/2013

Some people just don't want to play the ancillary games that go with a Hollywood career. Red carpet, phooey. And who would blame them? Being grilled by Ryan Seacrest and that ilk.

by Anonymousreply 6509/23/2013

I would be a terrible celebrity. I don't crave attention. I freeze up when I have to speak to a crowd. There are times when it embarrasses me to talk with one person if others are listening. I can't imagine paps in my life.

I have a friend who is the opposite. He is so attention-starved, he will do totally assholish things to get people to look at him. His cellphone has given him license to perform in any public arena he finds himself in. He shrieks so loudly into his phone, you can't help but pay attention. I won't go into specifics, as I think he reads DL. He would LOVE paps following him around.

I would act more like Jesse.

by Anonymousreply 6609/23/2013

I think he is still just a bit jealous of his little sister. After she hit it big with the Pepsi commercials, she was everywhere and he was a still a nobody.

He will always be in her shadow. LOL

by Anonymousreply 6709/23/2013

R59: He can be a nasty little cunt in my bed ANY day. I'll take a bossy bottom over a lazy bottom any day.

Here's my further fanboy swooning. Oh what I wouldn't give to get my fingers tangled up in his luscious Jewfro.

by Anonymousreply 6809/23/2013

Whatever r68. Id rather get my fingers tangled in Justin Timeberlake's faux Jewfro anyday. At least he pretends to be nice, and saves his nasty cunt ways for the bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 6909/23/2013

They're all weird, drug addled morons surrounded by sycophants. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go see my doctor about my 'end-dough-creen' system.

by Anonymousreply 7009/23/2013

Luscious Jewfro. That's what I'm talking about, R69 (excellent number, btw).

by Anonymousreply 7109/23/2013

I'd stick my pinky finger is his asshole

by Anonymousreply 7209/23/2013

This is a safe space where Sarah Palin and mobs of gaybies do not exist.

by Anonymousreply 7309/23/2013

Just a red-hot Jewboy, R73.

by Anonymousreply 7409/23/2013

I hate it when threads like this get infested by crazed tumblr fangurls and publicists.!!can we please have one discussing about an actor without his "gf" being mentioned in every post.

by Anonymousreply 7509/24/2013

R75 - I know two of us who don't want to read nothing about no girlfriend. We can dream, can't we?

by Anonymousreply 7609/24/2013

They weren't supposed to cut off Ed Harris so soon, because he was having an emotional breakdown. This is why he doesn't get work that often.

Very tired of overpaid spoiled actors already.

by Anonymousreply 7709/24/2013

[quote]Oh brother, fangurls out of control here. He might be talented, but he has a nasty cunt attitude because he is feeling himself. Deal with it!

Try to be a mature gay here.

by Anonymousreply 7809/24/2013

Or a mature goy.

by Anonymousreply 7909/24/2013

[quote]I could name myriad others who I would say the same thing about... it's only a coincidence that they're mostly Jewish and I grew up in Palm Beach.

How in hell did you develop that fetish growing up in Palm Beach? Is it a rebellion thing, like Beverly Hills boys who have a thing for Mexicans?

I'm not being mean, that's just life. Things have changed, but not that much. In Newport you could marry a Jew and still retain your club memberships, but not Palm Beach.

by Anonymousreply 8009/24/2013

R80: I come from Old Money. Jewish lads went to St. Andrews, and we bonded. No one ever expected me to get married, and I never cared for the "games set". I loathe polo, golf, and brown liquors, so I wasn't cut out for it. (It's more of a shock that my partner is related to the Nixons. Such. Trash.)

We're treated much better with the social set here in Atlanta. (Yes, there is a Driving Club a la Designing Women.) Having relatives in Oakland Cemetery and owning two cemeteries with Confederate Dead plays well to the heritage types. (Money doesn't hurt either, but I don't give that away to these types.)

by Anonymousreply 8109/24/2013

He's got a big dick face.

by Anonymousreply 8209/24/2013

Somehow I don't think he's got the dick to match the face.

by Anonymousreply 8309/24/2013

That he does, R82, and combine that with a successful movie career. He can have a massive ego.

by Anonymousreply 8409/24/2013

R83: You shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 8509/24/2013

R85. And you're a fucking hall monitor. Last time I heard, this was a list for expressing freely one's thoughts and observations (until stupid Prime Time kicks in usually at a very Non Prime Time).

by Anonymousreply 8609/24/2013

R86: It was a joke. See Della Reese in Harlem Nights. (Pair that with her, "You blind motherfucker!" and Redd Foxx replying, "You fat bitch!") No angel touching here, and we do hit people with garbage cans.

by Anonymousreply 8709/24/2013

Does anyone know when night moves and the double will be released.?

by Anonymousreply 8810/04/2013

His sister was the Pepsi girl in the 1990s. Always thought she had big vagina face.

by Anonymousreply 8910/04/2013

For future reference: Actors of fully Jewish background: -Logan Lerman, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Mila Kunis, Natalie Portman, Bar Refaeli, James Wolk, Julian Morris, Esti Ginzburg, Kat Dennings, Erin Heatherton, Odeya Rush, Anton Yelchin, Paul Rudd, Scott Mechlowicz, Andrew Garfield, Lizzy Caplan, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Gal Gadot, Robert Kazinsky, Melanie Laurent, Marla Sokoloff, Shiri Appleby, Justin Bartha, Adam Brody, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Gabriel Macht.

Actors with Jewish mothers and non-Jewish fathers -Jake Gyllenhaal, James Franco, Scarlett Johansson, Daniel Radcliffe, Alison Brie, Eva Green, Emmy Rossum, Jennifer Connelly, Eric Dane, Jeremy Jordan, Joel Kinnaman.

Actors with Jewish fathers and non-Jewish mothers, who themselves were either raised as Jews and/or identify as Jews: -Ezra Miller, Alexa Davalos, Nat Wolff, James Maslow, Josh Bowman, Ben Foster, Nikki Reed, Ansel Elgort.

Actors with one Jewish-born parent and one parent who converted to Judaism -Dianna Agron, Sara Paxton (whose father converted, not her mother), Alicia Silverstone, Jamie-Lynn Sigler.

by Anonymousreply 9003/05/2014

He got his first break as a teen on a Fox drama co-starring AnnE Hathaway. Nuff said there.

by Anonymousreply 9203/05/2014

"He is insanely talented and can write as well as act."

Well, that last part is not true. The play he wrote that Vanessa Redgrave starred in Off-Broadway was a mess that got some good reviews only because Redgrave was amazing in it, as always.

by Anonymousreply 9303/05/2014

It's certainly not from talent or looks. He must have a big dick.

by Anonymousreply 9405/16/2014
Need more help? Click Here.