Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What the Republicans don't say

Listening to Republicans talk about Obamacare I find it frustrating that all they have to say is suitable for bumper stickers. Government takeover . . Train wreck . . .The people don't want it shoved down their throats . . It's 2000 pages, etc.

Why don't they say what they really mean?

God helps those who help themselves, and the rest of you don't need my money to pay for your medical care because you're going to hell.

by Anonymousreply 2609/22/2013

It's a simple case of racial prejudice, that's all. GOP morons.

by Anonymousreply 209/21/2013

You're prove my point, R1. Republicans take the disaster label on faith, but when you ask them to point out anything substantive that they don't like and what they propose instead, they have to admit that they don't know anything about the law and they don't want to fix our health care system.

It's all just noise and political games.

by Anonymousreply 309/21/2013

The ONLY problem here is that it is not a republican conceived plan.

They will get Obama out of office, strip just enough legislation to deceive the masses, add a bunch more ,rename it and call it their own

REPUBLICARE.

by Anonymousreply 409/21/2013

People in Kentucky, when asked about ObamaCare, are virulently against it.

However, when asked if they like KYnect, Kentucky’s Healthcare Connection, they fall all over themselves to sign up for it.

It is pure and simple racism.

by Anonymousreply 509/21/2013

R4, Affordable Care Act, aka ObamaCare, is a Republican conceived plan. First proposed by Dole and a conservative think tank as an alternative to the Clinton healthcare proposal in the 90s. Then implemented by Romney in Massachusetts when he was governor 10 years ago. Republicans turned against the proposal when Obama became President.

by Anonymousreply 609/21/2013

Rick Perry is very antigay. He's like Putin on a Ritz.

by Anonymousreply 709/21/2013

True, OP. Look how they're all cumming in their pants and panties about Putin.

by Anonymousreply 809/21/2013

R3, Nancy proves my point. If Obamacare and the exchanges were so fucking good they wouldn't be claiming an exemption for legislators and they would be signing up for Obamacare. They aren't now are they?

by Anonymousreply 909/21/2013

R1, could you be any more tedious? Is that really all you've got? Clinging to that one quote as if it were a life-preserver and you were adrift at sea? Seriously?

Jesus, you're a fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 1009/21/2013

R9 parrots more debunked right-wing talking points and lies.

R9, do you EVER think for yourself? Or verify your sources?

You're a fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 1109/21/2013

What a stupid statement R9. Obviously nothing anyone could propose for national healthcare could beat the Solid Gold Healthcare Cadillac the Congress has parked in it's own locked garage. If you got top tier healthcare for you and your family at public expense FOR FREE FOR LIFE, I doubt you'd be shopping insurance exchanges either.

by Anonymousreply 1209/21/2013

I think it was Ezra Klein who said: If Obamacare were really going to be such a disaster, the Republicans would just sit back and let it happen and let Obama take the blame.

They're afraid it will succeed. And it will.

by Anonymousreply 1309/21/2013

[quote] If Obamacare were really going to be such a disaster, the Republicans would just sit back and let it happen and let Obama take the blame.

worth repeating

by Anonymousreply 1409/21/2013

Repukes know that Obama's popularity is at an all-time low thanks to his stupidity regarding Syria. They know now is the time to strike. It's Obama's own fault for being such a fool.

by Anonymousreply 1509/21/2013

I actually think Obama's Syria maneuvers were quite good. Much ado about nothing, r15.

That being said, I believe that the Affordable Health Care Act is an important chapter in bringing the USA into a successful future. Obama's team should have been selling it over the last two years, because the people that are not informed are totally clueless as to it's great achieving affects for the betterment of the USA

by Anonymousreply 1609/21/2013

[quote] Republicans turned against the proposal when Obama became President.

Not quite--They turned against when Obama adopted it, as part of their "No to anything that man wants to do" platform.

by Anonymousreply 1709/21/2013

R12, I got it by working for a company that provides those benefits. So you are correct, I have worked for the benefits I have only to see Obamacare erode them.

by Anonymousreply 1809/21/2013

So your argument is that there should be nothing done for people who have no access to medical care because providing it will induce your employer to cut your benefits which they can already do at any time?

by Anonymousreply 1909/21/2013

[quote]I have worked for the benefits I have only to see Obamacare erode them.

Oh, garbage. Obamacare isn't "eroding" anything. Those benefits have been "eroding" for years. If anything, the ACA is acting to stem the tide of that erosion because over the last year or so, health care costs are no longer climbing as much as they did before.

by Anonymousreply 2009/22/2013

Why are none of these TV people bringing up the fact that these idiotic Republicans trying to block Obamacare have government healthcare for LIFE?

by Anonymousreply 2109/22/2013

racism

by Anonymousreply 2209/22/2013

(quote} garbage. Obamacare isn't "eroding" anything. Those benefits have been "eroding" for years. If anything, the ACA is acting to stem the tide of that erosion because over the last year or so, health care costs are no longer climbing as much as they did before.

Great point! And here is the danger. Now anytime costs go up AT ALL or coverage gets worse, Obamacare will automatically be blamed even if it would have happened anyway (and was happening before the ACA was enacted).

by Anonymousreply 2309/22/2013

r12 r21

The Affordable Care Act requires members of Congress and their staff members to buy health insurance through state exchanges.

by Anonymousreply 2409/22/2013

Blaming racism is too simplistic, and actually harmful to defending Obama's record (a lot of people tune you out when you cry racism). If a white Democrat president was in office, the Repubs would be doing the same ole obstructionism.

by Anonymousreply 2509/22/2013

This obstruction of the Affordable Care Act is the U.S. at its most American - using racism to preserve capitalism without any regard for a basic human need for health care.

This is why the ultra-capitalist, racist U.S. sucks.

by Anonymousreply 2609/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.