Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Emmy Awards

This Sunday.

How will the cast of Modern Family act like entitled assholes this year?

by Anonymousreply 8409/23/2013

Well?

by Anonymousreply 109/22/2013

They haven't acted that way before, why should they this time?

You thread idea is a massive fail, OP.

by Anonymousreply 209/22/2013

You can expect me to sneak into every shot of Jon Hamm imaginable.

by Anonymousreply 309/22/2013

r2 is deluded....remember Julie and Ty's shocked "how dare they not award us" consolation kiss at the SAG awards?

by Anonymousreply 409/22/2013

Ed O'Neill throwing a hissy fit when Jane Lynch beat out Sofia vergara.

Julie Bowen loudly complaining to the press that Vergara deserves a special Emmy.

JTF "photo bombing"/ruining other star's photos.

by Anonymousreply 509/22/2013

Eric Stonestreet will overcompensate by saying how happy he is for the rest of the cast while insisting he is straight and awkwardly explaining why after 4 years on a hit TV show he still can't find a woman. He will sweat a lot too.

by Anonymousreply 609/22/2013

The producer Jeff Richman will fawn over how handsome his boyfriend/middle aged gold digger John Benjamin Hickey is.

by Anonymousreply 709/22/2013

Thanks for reminding me; I forgot they were on tv tonight!

!

by Anonymousreply 809/22/2013

If I am correct the hottest man on television, Shemar Moore, will be hosting a show for CBS. He is enough for me to watch.

by Anonymousreply 909/22/2013

I enjoy MODERN FAMILY, but I hate them on award shows.

by Anonymousreply 1009/22/2013

They said on some morning show today that Sofia Vergara is "the highest paid woman on television". Really?

by Anonymousreply 1109/22/2013

I like how they condensed the Creative Arts evening into a one hour show that FXX showed last night.

Editing out most of the boring speeches was a bonus.

Editing out the nominees for all of the non-acting categories (they only announced the winners) was...well...I don't know if I like that.

by Anonymousreply 1209/22/2013

Jesus Fucking Christ! Just read that NPH is hosting this. Why does he have to host every fucking awards show? So sick of him and his tired schtick. Enough!

by Anonymousreply 1309/22/2013

Hoping for a Breaking Bad sweep, as I presume many are. It looks like it will finally take the big prize this year. I can see Cranston losing to Spacey or Lewis, because he is a shoo-in to win next year, but his nominated episode ('Say My Name') really is a firecracker performance. I am rooting for Jonathan Banks to win Supporting Actor. I can see the rationale for Paul, but Banks also gave an amazing performance in 'Say My Name,' and his Mike was a crucial counterweight to Walter White throughout Season 5 Part 1.

If Gunn doesn't win either this year or next (or both), it will be outrageous.

Also hoping that Amy Poehler and Jane Krakowski both finally get some long overdue statues, especially since this is Krakowski's last chance. Jenna is a classic, timeless character and if any of the Modern Family people beat out Krakowski, well, fuck that shit....

by Anonymousreply 1409/22/2013

r14, I think Modern Family people will beat Krakowski, as always. I don't see how that will change now, especially since it's that that the last season of 30 Rock had stellar ratings.

by Anonymousreply 1509/22/2013

This might be the first time that I won't bother watching this show.

Not. A. Single. Show. Being. Nominated. Do. I. Watch.

None.

by Anonymousreply 1609/22/2013

I'm dreading hearing the obnoxious theme song to Modern Family being played every five minutes and sitting through their smug speeches.

by Anonymousreply 1709/22/2013

Not since the cast of Ally McBeal has there been a more annoying group of smug individuals.

by Anonymousreply 1809/22/2013

Don't watch. They're saying to expect another Modern Family sweep. Is this the only comedy show on television?

Cranston is supposed to win again for Breaking Bad. Great show, but he's won it three times. Enough already.

I'm surprised Julianna Marguiles is presenting. Seven nominees for Best Actress in a drama and they still couldn't fit her in for a nomination.

I still wonder why Jon Hamm bothers attending, at this point. You're not getting one, dear. Even Angela Lansbury stopped going the last few years.

by Anonymousreply 1909/22/2013

[quote] If I am correct the hottest man on television, Shemar Moore, will be hosting a show for CBS. He is enough for me to watch.

Pity he's so in love with himself.

by Anonymousreply 2009/22/2013

[quote]They said on some morning show today that Sofia Vergara is "the highest paid woman on television". Really?

Yes and that buzzing sound you hear is Charo practicing spinning in her grave.

by Anonymousreply 2109/22/2013

[quote]Jesus Fucking Christ! Just read that NPH is hosting this. Why does he have to host every fucking awards show? So sick of him and his tired schtick. Enough!

Oh shut the fuck up. His opening of the Tony's this year was the best opening of an award show ever and he just won an Emmy last week at the Tech Awards for hosting it.

by Anonymousreply 2209/22/2013

Why the fuck is LL Cool j a presenter?

by Anonymousreply 2309/22/2013

[quote]His opening of the Tony's this year was the best opening of an award show ever

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 2509/22/2013

Btw I like Neil, but I too am sick of him hosting everything, and everyone wanting him to host everything. I am also really fed up with Tina and Amy being suggested for every emcee gig too.

by Anonymousreply 2609/22/2013

[quote]Are you talking about Tim Gunn?

No, I meant Anna Gunn.

by Anonymousreply 2709/22/2013

Because he's starring in a gun loving, republican CBS crap show and the Emmys are on CBS this year.

by Anonymousreply 2809/22/2013

I think he was talking about Anna Gunn of Breaking Bad, R24

by Anonymousreply 2909/22/2013

I am not watching either. Love NPH but SICK SICK SICK of him. I don't care if he is the second coming of Bob Hope and Johnny Carson combined, dude is OVEREXPOSED to the point that I can't stand to look at him or hear his voice. And while I enjoy some of the nominated shows, watching them all self-congratulatory and preening around (while making millions of unearned dollars) is just not my idea of a real great time. Anyone can see the re-cap on a bazillion shows and news feeds tomorrow and for the rest of the year. IF you are interested.

by Anonymousreply 3009/22/2013

r26

Why? Do you watch all the award shows?

by Anonymousreply 3109/22/2013

Who will be the chosen closted actor Hollywood is trying to make happen by being Kaley Cucucachoo's beard date?

by Anonymousreply 3209/22/2013

I dearly hope Breaking Bad sweeps all its categories, but especially Outstanding Drama Series. I won't be watching the show though...not when Breaking Bad is on!

by Anonymousreply 3309/22/2013

I wonder if Jim Parsons gave Kaley C. a hard time when she pretended to be a (rumored) gay guy's girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 3409/22/2013

I'll watch this only for Neil.

He does an outstanding job on the Tonys and can't wait to see him tonight.

Unless it's at the same time as Dexter.

by Anonymousreply 3509/22/2013

There is not one likable member of the Fashion Police.

by Anonymousreply 3609/22/2013

If anyone is in the NYC area, check out the red carpet on Pix 11. It's an absolute trainwreck. They're right now interviewing the little girl from Modern Family.

by Anonymousreply 3709/22/2013

We need a fashion thread.

by Anonymousreply 3809/22/2013

If Homeland or that piece of shit Mad Men wins tonight over Breaking Bad, I'm gonna be so pissed.

by Anonymousreply 3909/22/2013

Wait, the Emmys is running AFTER football? Does this mean the beginning is going to be fucking preempted?

by Anonymousreply 4009/22/2013

[quote]Just read that NPH is hosting this. Why does he have to host every fucking awards show? So sick of him and his tired schtick.

I can see it now: The opening shot will be of NPH sitting at a piano dressed as Liberace (cut to shots of Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in the audience, fake-laughing and applauding their approval), which then segues into pre-taped scenes of NPH inserted strategically into scenes from all the nominated series and movies, aided along the way by Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin, Jon Hamm, Amy Poehler, Bryan Cranston and Melissa McCarthy. The big finish will be 100 dancers onstage dressed as famous TV characters past and present, with the final shot being Neil as he's lowered to the stage on a giant Emmy. Explosions of confetti, mad applause and standing o from the audience, then cut to two stars from a pair of nominated shows walking onstage to present the first Emmy of the evening.

by Anonymousreply 4109/22/2013

Let's start an Emmys drinking game: take a shot every time Ty fucking Burrell blinks.

You'll die of alcohol poisoning.

by Anonymousreply 4209/22/2013

So we have to read and post in 2 fucking threads now?

by Anonymousreply 4309/22/2013

Predictions: Modern Family wins every Emmy Award, get used to it!

by Anonymousreply 4409/22/2013

[quote]If Homeland or that piece of shit Mad Men wins tonight over Breaking Bad, I'm gonna be so pissed.

I agree! Breaking Bad was bloody brilliant this season.

by Anonymousreply 4509/22/2013

[quote]So we have to read and post in 2 fucking threads now?

Yes, so just deal!

by Anonymousreply 4609/22/2013

Breaking Bad has to sweep tonight! No way was any show better.

by Anonymousreply 4709/22/2013

Has Lea(TM) shown up in her Widow's Weeds?

by Anonymousreply 4809/22/2013

[quote]Breaking Bad has to sweep tonight! No way was any show better.

Please, it's fucking basic cable.

by Anonymousreply 4909/22/2013

Shecrest is definitely standing on a box. He's 5'8" and Bryan Cranston is 5'11" and they're almost eye to eye.

by Anonymousreply 5009/22/2013

[quote]I can see it now: The opening shot will be of NPH sitting at a piano dressed as Liberace (cut to shots of Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in the audience, fake-laughing and applauding their approval), which then segues into pre-taped scenes of NPH inserted strategically into scenes from all the nominated series and movies, aided along the way by Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin, Jon Hamm, Amy Poehler, Bryan Cranston and Melissa McCarthy. The big finish will be 100 dancers onstage dressed as famous TV characters past and present, with the final shot being Neil as he's lowered to the stage on a giant Emmy. Explosions of confetti, mad applause and standing o from the audience.

Then after the audience sits and quiets down, Michelle Williams slowly walks to the microphone, pauses for the appropriate moment, and says

"This is Mrs. Heath Ledger."

by Anonymousreply 5109/22/2013

Let's hope Bruno/Borat/Ali G. isn't around to (literally) sandbag him again, R50.

I unfortunately don't have E! on my cable system. Please pose if R.C. grows a bulge and drools over some hot hunk on the red carpet.

by Anonymousreply 5209/22/2013

What's your point, R49? HBO shows are inherently better because they say "fuck" 50 times per episode and have pointless sex scenes shoehorned in at every opportunity? Nothing on premium cable is better than Breaking Bad.

by Anonymousreply 5309/22/2013

Are kimmel and Silverman back together?

by Anonymousreply 5409/22/2013

R50: my dad met Bryan Cranston and was surprised at how short the guy is.

by Anonymousreply 5509/22/2013

Christ, Goop, er, Claire DANES just showed up.

That's Claire DANES, NOT Goop.

by Anonymousreply 5609/22/2013

OMG, did you see Clair Danes?

by Anonymousreply 5709/22/2013

Januaty Jones looks pissed per usual.

by Anonymousreply 5809/22/2013

January Jones will be playing the role of Claire Danes tonight.

by Anonymousreply 5909/22/2013

That speech from Aaron Paul was nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 6009/22/2013

R23, because this is a CBS production and L.L. is on a CBS show.

by Anonymousreply 6109/22/2013

Does anyone have a link to a live stream of the show? Didn't find anything on Ustream.

by Anonymousreply 6209/22/2013

Oh, well that is news to me; i thought he quit getting work many years ago. Ugh. But thanks.

by Anonymousreply 6309/22/2013

R62

by Anonymousreply 6409/22/2013

Zooey Deschanel looked high as a kite.

by Anonymousreply 6509/22/2013

Yeah, Zooey's frozen smile was very odd.

by Anonymousreply 6609/22/2013

So far a couple surprises. I don't watch Veep, but loved him as Buster on Arrested Development. We'll see how the rest of the night goes.

by Anonymousreply 6709/22/2013

Louis-Dreyfus' speech is working.

by Anonymousreply 6809/22/2013

Will John Hamm be wearing undies, a suspensory or a cockring? We will be watching!

by Anonymousreply 6909/22/2013

Margo is great. She would've been a star in Golden Era Hollywood too.

by Anonymousreply 7009/22/2013

Thank you, R64!

by Anonymousreply 7209/22/2013

Margo Martindale could be this year's Melissa McCarthy if she manages to bag an Oscar nom for "Osage"

by Anonymousreply 7309/22/2013

Has any show on the major four networks won an award?

by Anonymousreply 7409/22/2013

Yes, some actors in them. Ex: Jim Parsons

by Anonymousreply 7509/22/2013

What a terrible show it is tonight. NPH is really straining. He isn't nearly as good as he is on the Tonys. Where are the clips of TV on this show? Musical numbers and still photos on a show promoting television?

by Anonymousreply 7609/22/2013

"If Nathan Fillion gets any fatter, he’s going to need his own channel."

by Anonymousreply 7709/23/2013

she has a point. why can't Nathan get a nutritionist and trainer?

by Anonymousreply 7809/23/2013

Like Nikki Finke is one to talk. Cow.

by Anonymousreply 7909/23/2013

Merritt Weaver looks EXACTLY like Jinkx Monsoon.

by Anonymousreply 8009/23/2013

Well what did the Modern Family cunts do? I missed the show, at work.

by Anonymousreply 8109/23/2013

none of the actors won so they didn't say anything. The producer and a director were the only ones to speak and they didn't mess up much r81.

by Anonymousreply 8209/23/2013

[quote]none of the actors won

The shit is going to hit the fan! They can't let this go.

On the plus side, it seems like voters are sick of their antics.

by Anonymousreply 8309/23/2013

oh Jesse did make a dumb face and gesture when they called his name as a nominee

by Anonymousreply 8409/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.