Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Citizen Eco-Drive watches

I'm looking for an under-$500 watch, and I've seen a Citizen Eco-Drive that I like. Has anyone worn one? I'm just wondering if you've found it as reliable as a traditional battery-powered wristwatch. Thank you in advance.

by Anonymousreply 909/21/2013

Of course, if anyone has any recommendations for any other type of watch, I'm definitely open to those as well.

by Anonymousreply 109/20/2013

I have one and it's completely reliable, and never a need to replace a battery, so the case stays well sealed.

Costco often has good prices on them (say, $250) but I don't see them on the Costco site at this time.

by Anonymousreply 209/21/2013

That's actually where I saw them, r2. (Great minds think alike.) And you're right, they're not on the site. I stopped by to look at the $400 stainless Victorinox, but I was impressed by the Citizens as well. Do you wear yours in the shower or pool?

by Anonymousreply 309/21/2013

People who wear wrist watches are a little precious in their thinking that anyone cares where they are at any specific moment in time.

by Anonymousreply 409/21/2013

Citizen Eco-Drive

by Anonymousreply 509/21/2013

OP, consider looking at the Seiko 5 line of automatic watches. A bit less expensive than the Citizen but the automatic movement is pretty cool in those. eBay stores often have good prices on all these watches. Another good place to check is Overstock.

I'm also a fan of Accutrons. I bought my dad a great Accutron titanium chronograph a few years ago at Amazon and he loves it. (He's almost 80, and was a private pilot, and the watch's face was designed to look like tiny aviation instruments.)

by Anonymousreply 609/21/2013

OP, you are disgusting. Get a job

by Anonymousreply 709/21/2013

Citizen Eco-Drive is the best watch I´ve ever had. You can wear it in the water. I bought it in 2007 and since I haven´t had to replace a battery. I´m satisfied with it very much.

by Anonymousreply 809/21/2013

and the watch looks ...

by Anonymousreply 909/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.