Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

No thread on the Queen Latifah show?

It has debuted strongly so it'll be around for a while, but most importantly it has already featured such superstars as John Travolta, Will Smith, Jamie Foxx and Jake Gyllenhaal!

I'm sure we'll soon get shows featuring Henry Cavill, Tom Cruise, and Zac Efron!

by Anonymousreply 4001/10/2014

Fucking God!! Did she ask every closeted gay man in Hollywood to come on the show?

Perhaps it makes her feel better, considering her closeted situation.

by Anonymousreply 109/20/2013

yes all the closet gays and lesbians will be guests, no doubt about it.

by Anonymousreply 209/20/2013

Our invitations must've been lost in the mail.

by Anonymousreply 309/20/2013

I would purchase her feces if she marketed it. She clearly was born under a lucky star.

by Anonymousreply 409/20/2013

Will Smith? No thanks, I'll pass.

by Anonymousreply 509/20/2013

I can't stand Will Smith but he sure looked good on her show Tuesday....

by Anonymousreply 609/20/2013

Watch for Hugh Jackman, Kevin Spacey and Joe Jonas to be guests.

by Anonymousreply 709/20/2013

It's gonna get canceled.

by Anonymousreply 809/20/2013

What channel is it on and what time? I haven't seen it.

by Anonymousreply 909/20/2013

CBS. 9:AM EST. Her show replaced The Doctors. I haven't watched it yet but based on the promos it does look better than the other new entries in the talk show genre. She puts out a lot of positive energy and the guests look very happy to be helping her out Lenny Kravitz designed the set!. She is genuinely loved in the show biz community. It's too bad that she feels the need to stay closeted. It looks like a fun show, and lets face it, the woman has talent. Her band sounds terrific and she sings on the show. It looks like another winner for CBS.

by Anonymousreply 1009/20/2013

There's just no way in hell America would accept an out lesbian daytime talk show host!

by Anonymousreply 1109/20/2013

I wonder why she's so ashamed to admit she's gay? It's nothing to keep "private" about these days.

by Anonymousreply 1209/20/2013

R12 I give her kudos for not having to come out, and clarify her sexuality. There is nothing wrong with keeping people guessing for 10, 20, 30 or more years. Honestly, leave her be.........

by Anonymousreply 1309/20/2013

Look being glass closeted, is one thing, but she's said in the past that she loves men. That's not refusing to talk about your private life, that's just refusing to talk about your private life when it's convenient for you only.

by Anonymousreply 1409/20/2013

[quote]she's said in the past that she loves men. That's not refusing to talk about your private life, that's just refusing to talk about your private life when it's convenient for you only.

That IS talking about her private life. She's lying about her private life by claiming she loves men, with no mention of females.

by Anonymousreply 1509/20/2013

I love Mel - doesn't mean I sucked his cock ! Ewww

by Anonymousreply 1609/20/2013

"It has debuted strongly so it'll be around for a while, but most importantly it has already featured such superstars as John Travolta, Will Smith, Jamie Foxx and Jake Gyllenhaal!"

One closet case helping others stay closeted!

by Anonymousreply 1709/20/2013

She's clearly a cock magnet! I wish I could be surrounded by those manly, heterosexual, guys.

by Anonymousreply 1809/20/2013

I can't get into these talk shows with people who have a long-time dedicated profession and the next thing you know, some "genius" has decided to push their client into a totally different environment with an captive audience hyped up and getting bribed with gifts to howl and clap like seals. I watched a few mins. of QL's premiere show. All I saw was phoniness. She didn't seem genuine or sincere. Her perky patter and cheerfulness seemed forced to me.

The worst example of a 'name' being pushed on the public as a TV host is Rachael Ray. One minute she's a cook and suddenly she's hosting a daytime talk show and rubbing elbows with Hollywood/TV stars? Just a case of throwing a "celeb" in front of an audience and hoping for an "Ellen" type of success story (who I can't watch. She grates).

by Anonymousreply 1909/20/2013

Rosie @ R19

by Anonymousreply 2009/20/2013

[quote]captive audience hyped up and getting bribed with gifts to howl and clap like seals.

I went to a talk show once. The audience had to rehearse how to laugh, how to clap, and how to give a standing ovation. There was a coach right off camera to give everyone signals on when to start and when to fade out.

by Anonymousreply 2109/20/2013

I like her hair

by Anonymousreply 2209/20/2013

Really R21? Clears up what goes on when I stop on Rachael Ray's show. That audience claps and hoots and cheers for the stupidest things, like when she adds salt to her recipe of the day. Oprah started this with the rewarding the faithful with gifts. Now most of the current shows do this "look under your chair" announcement from the host. Dr. Phil gives copies of his book about every day.

The only show that I can stomach (for now) is Wendy Williams.

Does QL's show have the overly invested 'trained' audience too?

by Anonymousreply 2309/20/2013

R10 It's not on CBS-- it's syndicated and on different stations at different times in different markets.

by Anonymousreply 2409/21/2013

Katie Couric had a strong debut last year but she's not doing so great now.

by Anonymousreply 2509/21/2013

What's up with lesbians and talk shows? Ellen, Rosie, Queen, The Big O....do lesbians really like talking?

by Anonymousreply 2609/21/2013

Lesbians like women, women like day time talk shows?

by Anonymousreply 2709/21/2013

[quote]Lenny Kravitz designed the set!.

Are you sure it wasn't Stevie Wonder because that is the ugliest set in talk show history. On the premiere she had a lovely conversation with John Travolta about how she wasnts her show to be a safe place for people to come and not be asked embarrassing things.

by Anonymousreply 2809/21/2013

I watched the first episode and found her whole schtick very insincere. Maybe she was trying too hard but everything she said seemed forced and fake. I do think she is talented and have always been fond of her but the show kind of grated on my nerves.

by Anonymousreply 2909/21/2013

Will she also have a crush on Tom Cruise?

by Anonymousreply 3009/21/2013

r28, it seems like all the talk shows lesbians go out of their way to help Miss Travolta remain in the closet. You won't catch Oprah or Ellen asking him "embarrassing questions" either

by Anonymousreply 3109/21/2013

lmao anyone see yesterday's show? Jeanette Jenkins was on for both an interview and exercise segment. I wonder if they're still seeing each other outside of the gym:

by Anonymousreply 3201/08/2014

She won a PCA last night for "Favorite New Talk Show Host" or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 3301/09/2014

R33 I like her personality. I would love it if someone on this site has inside dish about her and Jeanette though. THe other day on the show, it was clear they were at the very least quite friendly. They didn't flirt though. Queen has much more self control than Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 3401/09/2014

Don't know about Queen and Jeanette but QL looked much trimmer at the PCAs than she has in a long time. She even wore a knee-length, body-huggin black dress and heels.

by Anonymousreply 3501/10/2014

Her name is Dana Owens. She is the queen of the glass closet and nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 3601/10/2014

Her show is good- watch it sometime. I was surprised.

I am told virtually everyone in show business likes her. She is supposed to be a wonderful person.

Now go at her some more.

by Anonymousreply 3701/10/2014

What bothers me most about her show is that fucking gold 'Q' that SHOULD be in the bottom corner of the screen--out of the way--but instead is placed in the most bizarre & nonsensical spot imaginable. I CAN'T!

by Anonymousreply 3801/10/2014

I thought Queen and Jeanette had broken up a while back?

The show isn't bad for a talk show, but QL sometimes struggles while interviewing people and it can be a little hard to watch. Seems she's trying too hard or something.

by Anonymousreply 3901/10/2014

I've met her. She's very nice. I don't judge closeted celebrities unless they say or do things to harm other gays. Queen Latifah has never done that. She will come out when she's ready, or never.

by Anonymousreply 4001/10/2014
Need more help? Click Here.