Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Madge Was Just A Cher Wannabe

Cher did it first, did it better, did it funnier and she can act.

Even Cher's unfortunate kabuki look is better than Madge's martian-hag visage these days and Cher is 67.

by Anonymousreply 12709/30/2013

The only thing Cher did first was make a geriatric cunt out of herself.

by Anonymousreply 109/19/2013

R1 Hector Projector

by Anonymousreply 209/19/2013

Madonna who?

by Anonymousreply 309/19/2013

Cher is rather limited. Madge has passed her expiration date, and Cher is better equipped and has a lot more experience to be a nostalgia act, but Cher is no Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 409/19/2013

applauds OP. You are totally right. Cher >>> Vadge

by Anonymousreply 509/19/2013

There were no precedents for the type of star Madonna became.

by Anonymousreply 609/19/2013

she is now

by Anonymousreply 709/19/2013

Madonna did it all by herself and didn't need no man (Sonny Bono) to help her

She is the standard of success for every major female pop star

Cher is an icon in her own right and a MUCH better actress than Madonna, but were talking about music here and Madonna is literally 3 times more successful than Cher, despite being around for 30 years vs. Cher's 50 years

Even Cher herself tweeted last month that "Madonna is one of the greatest pop icons of all time".

In terms of commercial success there is NO comparison

Madonna World's Biggest Selling Female artist of All Time with over 320 million records sold worldwide and nearly 1.3 Billion in tour grosses, making her the highest grossing solo touring act in history and the female artist with the top 2 highest grossing tours by a female artist in history

Cher about 100 million records sold in nearly 50 years in the business, very successful touring act, but nowhere close to Madonna level.

by Anonymousreply 809/19/2013

R8 Vadge didn't need a man? Please! She slept with people to advance her career and was annoyed when men in power didn't want to sleep with her. You don't know the real Vadge if you think she did it all on her own.

by Anonymousreply 909/19/2013

R9 you have a point, Madonna probably did sleep around, don't all celebrities, but she still forged her own path and did things that no female artist had done before her

1985 was the year Madonna really exploded and you couldn't spit without running into a Madonna wannabe

Time magazine rushed to put her on it's cover, the article began "Now there parents the thing to do is remain calm over this Madonna phenomenon".

The Like a Virgin album had become the first solo studio album by a female artist in the US to sell 5 million copies

Cher NEVER did it

Madonna would do it with 4 MORE albums

Cher had periods of musical success, but was never able to sustaine life at the top like Madonna has.

And Madonna's peak >>>>>Cher's

Cher has only had one hit song since1990 with the massive Believe in 1999.

Madonna has had a further 2 dozen hits since 1990, on top of her nonstop '80's hits, Madonna's last minor hit was last year with Give Me All Your Love (even if the song sucked) her last big hit was 4 Minutes in 2008

Madonna has 4 albums among the top 100 all time worldwide sellers, Cher has 0.

Madonna has 8 #1 albums on the Billboard albums chart, Cher has 0

When the sales figures come in for Cher's new album, it'll make the 2 million selling so called flop MDNA album look like a fucking blockbuster

Again both are icons, so I'm not bashing Cher.

But you can't compare Madonna's commercial success to Cher, Madonna's in a whole other league with The Beatles, Elvis and MJ.

by Anonymousreply 1009/20/2013

Vadge hasn't had a number 1 song in 13 years. Cher hasn't had a number 1 song in 14 years.

They're BOTH has beens way past their expiration dates. They're nothing more than nostalgia acts at this point. Nobody gives a shit about their new music.

by Anonymousreply 1109/20/2013

At least Madonna didn't produce the fucked up hambeast thing that is Chaz Bono.

by Anonymousreply 1209/20/2013

R11 in the US HOT 100

However Madonna had a whopping 9 #1 singles since 2000 on the Billboard Singles Sales chart, the most of any act during the 2000's, at decades end Billboard named her the top selling singles artist of the decade

The reason that only 1 of those 9 sales #1's went to #1 on the main Hot 100 was because Billboard insists on using Airplay spins on their main Hot 100 not just singles sales

In the UK it's different and the top singles are based purely on sales

If Billboard did that Madonna would of had a further 9 #1 singles since 2000 in the US

For the record since 2000, Madonna has had 9 #1 singles on the sales charts and 5 #1 albums

And Cher has had 0 #1 singles on the sales charts and 0 #1 albums since 2000.

by Anonymousreply 1309/20/2013

Here's a look at Madonna's album and first singles SALES peaks of her studio albums since 2000 in the US

Music (single) #1 SALES, #1 main Hot 100

Music (album)#1

Die Another Day (single) #1 for 11 weeks! SALES, #8 main Hot 100

American Life.(album) #1

Hung Up (single) #1 SALES, #7 main Hot 100

Confessions on a Dancefloor (album) #1

4 Minutes (single) #1 SALES, #3 main Hot 100

Hard Candy (album)#1

Give Me All Your Love (single) #6 SALES, #10 main Hot 100

MDNA (album) #1

by Anonymousreply 1409/20/2013

R8/R10/R13/R14 = Madbot meltdown alert!

by Anonymousreply 1509/20/2013

R15 stating FACTS

And it may be the past but it's Madonna's impressive chart career since 2000 in the US

3 consecutive decades among the world's top selling acts

And you will deal

And again the new Cher album sales, which I might buy just to support Cher, will make the 2 million selling MDNA look like an international blockbuster

by Anonymousreply 1609/20/2013

Madonna only has had two 3 hits in america since 2000. Hardly impressive. And hung up barely even scraped the top 10.

by Anonymousreply 1709/20/2013

I like both Cher and Madonna. Not a superfan, but I like them both. I don't think you can compare.

Cher was great. A multi-talent for a new generation that no longer had many multi-talents.

Madonna was not only a pop artist, she was a social pioneer. No mainstream star had ever championed female sexual freedom or gay visibility as much as Madonna did when she hit her stride in the late 80s and the 90s. In many ways, she's an insufferable cunt. But she's a remarkable cunt who changed this country and very possibly the world for certain demographics of people.

by Anonymousreply 1809/20/2013

Vadge has a bigger fan base but that doesn't mean she's better than Cher. Hell, Shitney Spears has a bigger fan base but everyone knows she sucks.

Cher is original while Vadge is the kween of the copycat.

Ever see that pic of Vadge with a Cher wig sitting on a motorcycle, imitating Cher? She's a wannabe.

by Anonymousreply 1909/20/2013

But Hung Up went to #1 for weeks on the sales chart

Again MOST countries base their singles charts based purely on SALES, the US Billboard Hot 100 bases their charts on a 50?50 split between sales and airplay

Around 2002 US radio started becoming reluctant to play Madonna as much as they had in the past, due to her advanced age, even singles that went to #1 for weeks on the sales chart, meaning the American public likes them, received moderate airplay in the US.

Hung Up may have just scrapped the top 10 in the US, but it sold more than We Belong Together although WBT spent weeks at #1 due to huge airplay on 3 formats and strong sales

HU had amazing singles sales but just moderate airplay on one format

Is it Madonna's fault that US radio wouldn't play her huge selling singles that much in the 2000's due to ageism?

Then I guess it was Black artists fault when US radio wouldn't play their songs although radio would be all over the white artists cover versions of the same songs, due to racism in the 50s and 60s?

That's why a lot of people in the industry don't take the main Hot 100 chart seriously, as it's not based on pure singles sales, but a hodgepodge of factors, lately they've added a songs YouTube views as part of it's formula along with airplay and sales

I mean Springsteen never had a#1 on the main Hot 100 and until last year Taylor Swift, despite being huge for the last 5 years, never had a #1 either, although like Madonna in the 2000's

by Anonymousreply 2009/20/2013

R20 continued Swift had a number of #1's on the singles sales charts but not the main Hot 100.

And for the record Madonna has 12#1 Billboard Hot 100 singles and the most Hot 100 top 10 hits than any artist in history with 38

That's more top 10 hits than Cher, Streisand and Tina Turner COMBINED

And according to their own list released earlier this year, Madonna is the most successful Hot 100 solo artist in the 55 year history of the chart and she's the #2 most successful artist on general behind the Beatles

Madonna also has more #1's (165!) on all Billboard charts combined than any act in history

Again her commercial success has always been extraordinary

by Anonymousreply 2109/20/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2209/20/2013

The Vadgebotstan bringing up the technicalities of how recording acts get #1 songs in the US is irrelevant. All the other recording acts have to to abide by the same rules and standards. Furthermore, it's off-topic.

So what if Vadge has more commercial success? Cher is just cooler and better. Cher is a real person. Vadge is phony as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 2309/20/2013

r21, Mariah has 18 #1s, Rihanna is tied with Madonna. Rihanna also has 12 #1 singles (two were for "featuring" but Billboard counts it), and 10 Top 10 singles in the US, and that's since 2005. Rihanna will break Madonna's record when her new album drops. She also has age on her side.

No one gives a shit about Top 10 singles, btw. That's just a nice way of saying that your single failed to reach the top spot.

[quote]Madonna also has more #1's (165!) on all Billboard charts combined than any act in history

:eyeroll:

Cher has an Oscar. Madonna loses.

by Anonymousreply 2409/20/2013

[quote]Madonna did it all by herself and didn't need no man (Sonny Bono) to help her

Men were behind all of her work, bozo, and she fucked all of them.

by Anonymousreply 2509/20/2013

R9 is right. HE knows the REAL Madonna because he has a lifetime subscription to People magazine.

by Anonymousreply 2609/20/2013

Look, both Cher and Madonna are icons, talented and extraordinarily successful. They have sustained their careers and made their mark on music, movies and the entire entertainment industry.

I just happen to like Cher a whole lot more regardless of album sales or concert tours. Cher is my girl.

by Anonymousreply 2709/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 2909/20/2013

R24 Madonna was inducted into the Rock and Roll HOF her first year eligible and received the award

Cher has never even been NOMINATED for the R &R HOF

Despite the fact that Mariah has more #1's on the US Hot 100, Madonna is still the more successful artist on the singles chart

Billboard list Madonna as the #2 Hot 100 artist of all time with 12 US #1's and 38 top 10's

While Mariah ranked #5 with 18#1's and 27 top 10 songs

The reason that Madonna ranked higher with less #1's? Many of her #2 and #3 singles were much bigger overall hits with legs on the charts than many of Mariah's flash in the pain discount single #1's

Rihanna will probably overtake Madonna with #1's on the Hot 100 and good for her, she releases a single every other week

But Madonna will soon overtake Streisand as the female artist with the most #1 albums

And on the worldwide United World Charts, Madonna is the most successful worldwide singles artist in history with 47 top 10's and 22 #1's worldwide

More than any other artist

Keep on feeding me!

by Anonymousreply 3009/20/2013

R29= butthurt, uneducated GaGa fan

And if Madonna was a Marilyn knickoff

Than Marilyn herself was a knockoff of the original blond bombshell Jean Harlow

But you probably have no idea who that is since your like 12 and have no concept of pop culture

by Anonymousreply 3109/20/2013

Madge was never even nominated! Can you imagine?

by Anonymousreply 3209/20/2013

[quote][R24] Madonna was inducted into the Rock and Roll HOF her first year eligible and received the award

Bought and paid for, and had the public outraged. The people that were more iconic, and more significant than her were never inducted. Her induction was a joke. She was inducted by Justin Timberlake for Christ's sake! lmao

by Anonymousreply 3309/20/2013

[quote][R29]= butthurt, uneducated GaGa fan

lol. Yeah, you be down with the kids. Oh, and it's Gaga, gramps.

by Anonymousreply 3409/20/2013

We LOVE YOU R30 !

by Anonymousreply 3509/20/2013

R33 really? Madonna herself wantd to turn it down, because she thought it was too soon

Madonna has always thought award shoes were silly

She accepted it, but decided not to perform

As for iconness NO FEMALE MUSIC PERFORMER IS AS ICONIC AS MADONNA

Every female pop star mentions her, her influence and her career as THE BENCHMARK of what to attain

Rihanna, Btitney, Christina, Fergie, Katy Perry, Kesha, Beyonce, Rihanna, Miley etc. have all listed her as an inspiration and role model

Rihanna worked with Madonna on her upcoming secret project and word is they did a song together

by Anonymousreply 3609/20/2013

R36 Sez...

"Madonna has always thought award shoes were silly".

Oh my dear, dear, dear!

by Anonymousreply 3709/20/2013

Is Madonna giving away those award shoes?

by Anonymousreply 3809/20/2013

I like Madonna, I don't see why DL hates her so.

In her, I don't see a paragon of virtue or sainthood. But I see a very strong, driven, charismatic, hard-working person and those qualities I really do admire in her. I am an all-or-nothing person so her obsessive tendencies strike a chord with me.

In other poplets, I see laziness, I see phoniness, I see fear. In Madonna, typically no.

I never understand why people say she ain't talented: she is a really great dancer (trained, might I add) - way better than those that the media props up (Beyonce). She apprenticed under the great Martha Graham, after all.

All her acting needs is a good director; DSS and Dick Tracy are examples of this. Even her cameo in Die Another Day was alright. Nothing to write home about but the reactions were blown out of proportion because ~MADONNA~.

She's a control freak so essentially every song of hers has her stamp on it and every producer has attested to her hard work. You know it ain't lip service when they reveal something trashy about the star (Nile Rodgers, William Orbit) but then go on to say how hard she did work. She has a very natural way of appropriation - and she effectively channels multiple streams of pop culture, history and style into one funnel. I don't get this with artists like Lady Gaga who always appears uncomfortable or wrong in some way.

For all of Madonna's unoriginal, banal ways, I always get the sense that there is a real mind at work behind the face. That it's not a producer or publicist telling her, "do this". You know when she sang about Erotica and made that awful SEX book, she actually believed it. It was a facet of her true persona and not something her publicist came up with.

Above all, I enjoy her music. She can connect to her material and it's great material (unlike Beyonce's for instance). There's something in her catalogue for everyone and it never really feels phony at any point (barring the awful Hard Candy).

I guess I am a minority.

I'd like to add though that Cher is in her own league. And I am not really interested in Cher.

by Anonymousreply 3909/20/2013

It won't happen probably until the next century, but Life of Madge will probably replace The Emperor's New Clothes.

by Anonymousreply 4009/20/2013

Madonna is the biggest selling and most successful female recording artist on the history of the music business

Madonna even holds a record for most Guinness World Records with 22!

There are no male precedents to her success as all the all time records for men are shared with the Beatles, Elvis and MJ

Whereease Madonna has sold more records AND more concert tickets (recently beating Tina Turner on concert tix) than any woman in the history of the music business

She's one of the most famous women who ever lived and was selected by Time magazine (whos cover she appeared on twice) in 2010 as one of the 25 most influential and powerful women in history

In 2012 other musicians voted Madonna as the #1 Greatest Female Artist of the last 20 years (1992-2011)

Madonna was the 2nd top selling artist of the '80's behind MJ

With her intense staying power Madonna ranked as the 4th top selling music act of the '90's worldwide and was the 6th top selling act of the '90s in the US

MJ fell out of the top 10 sellers

In the 2000's Madonna ranked as the 3rd highest grossing touring act of the decade

Behind the Rolling Stones and U2, both of whom did way more shows than Madonna

In the US and worldwide Madonna was the #1 selling singles artist of the decade

by Anonymousreply 4109/20/2013

Also the Madge facts fan is annoying!

by Anonymousreply 4209/20/2013

r39 is coming for madbot's crown!

by Anonymousreply 4309/20/2013

"Madonna did it all by herself and didn't need no man (Sonny Bono) to help her"

Ahem!!

by Anonymousreply 4409/20/2013

Please R43. Numbers are so vulgar.

by Anonymousreply 4509/20/2013

R40 continued Madonna also spend her third decade among the top 10 selling artists worldwide

She was the 5th biggest album seller worldwide in the 2000s, behind Eminem, Britney, Robbie Williams and Norah Jones

Colleges and Universaties teach classes on Madonna in relation to Academia and issues of feminism and homosexuality.

In addition to her Rock and Roll HOF induction, Madonna was also inducted as a founder member of the UK Music HOF the previous year

Madonna is the 3rd top selling artist of all time in Europe, she is also the #1 selling solo and non European artist in history in Europe

She's the most successful singles artist in history on Canada with over 20 #1's, she is also the biggest selling female act their

Same for Australia where earlier this year it was revealed that Madonna is the biggest selling artist EVER in the 30 year history of the Australian singles and albums charts

In South America Madonna is also the biggest selling female act ever

She's also one of the biggest selling acts ever in Japan, where Madonna has won more Japanese Gold Disc Awards than any other artist

by Anonymousreply 4609/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 4709/20/2013

R45, I know what you mean. I used to tell my Algebra teacher that every time she returned one of my failed tests.

by Anonymousreply 4809/20/2013

R33 the only outrage that people expresses for her Rock and Roll HOF induction, was because some people didn't feel like a pop artist should be inducted into the R&R HOF, even Gene Simmons stated that Madonna is a legend but shouldn't be in the ROCK AND ROLL HOF, he suggested that they start a pop music HOF, which I heard they were doing There was similar "outrage" when rap group Run DMC were inducted

by Anonymousreply 4909/20/2013

I don't get the Madonna hate on here either you can not like her and think she's not talented, I happen to think she's EXTREMELY talented, I just watched her new concert Blu Ray and it's like a talent show come to life, the woman does it all.

But the vicious hatred for her ia ridiculous, I know it's the same 2 or 3 posters, but when people try to rewrite history and discredit her with no evidence other than THEY dislike her it makes no sense

If you hate someone so much and they're not relevant than why click on, post and even create Madonna bashing threads every other day?

by Anonymousreply 5009/20/2013

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is in Cleveland. nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 5109/20/2013

[quote]Bought and paid for, and had the public outraged.

More like 3 or 4 queens on DL.

by Anonymousreply 5209/20/2013

R52 is fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 5309/20/2013

Cher can sing too. And in tune, no less.

by Anonymousreply 5409/20/2013

What about us?

by Anonymousreply 5509/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 5609/20/2013

Cher is not on that level. Not a Madonna or a Britney.

by Anonymousreply 5709/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 5809/20/2013

Cher has Oscar...what else matters?

by Anonymousreply 5909/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 6009/20/2013

Thanks for the laugh, R56

by Anonymousreply 6109/20/2013

It's true. GaGa can bench press 250 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 6209/20/2013

Is this really the best we can do now at DL?

This place is truly fucked. A dead website which is slowly grinding to halt...

by Anonymousreply 6309/20/2013

Madonna is great. The "hate" for her on DL from some obsessives sounds more like self-hate from jealous gay men who were never part of the cool crowd coupled with outrage at the idea that an older woman should be sexual, making music, etc. Weird sexist ageism.

The only people who seem to hate Madonna to this extent are bitter gay men and Gaga's Little Monsters. Jealousy of some kind evidently plays some kind of role in their pathological hatred.

Madonna's place as an icon and a historic pop culture figure who actually changed the cultural landscape is secure. I live in Europe and travel around a lot, to various countries and various cities. Whether I'm in Athens, London, Budapest or various Italian cities I always hear Madonna in bars, cafes, clothes stores, supermarkets, all sorts of classic songs from her decades' long career, which are often being played on the local radio stations. Her effect and influence are much greater than whatever's in the singles charts this week.

Where I live in Athens, there is Madonna graffiti all over the walls in my neighbourhood.

OP's stupid claim that Madge was just a Cher wannabe is ignorant crap from someone who really knows nothing about what was going on back in the day and has no sense of history.

by Anonymousreply 6409/20/2013

copycat copycat copycat

by Anonymousreply 6509/20/2013

Yaaas Cher reads and shades the fuck out of Vadge in this clip! Watch 4:25 to 5:45:

by Anonymousreply 6609/20/2013

and Cher reads her AGAIN. 100% truth

by Anonymousreply 6709/20/2013

Cher keeps it fucking real unlike that phony Vadge

by Anonymousreply 6809/20/2013

How did Cher celebrate Vadge's birthday, a fan asks:

by Anonymousreply 6909/20/2013

Not seeing this at all, OP. Madonna owes far more to Deborah Harry than Cher. She basically stole Debbie's blond, urban sex kitten game right out from under her in the early 80s. When Madonna hit the scene, Cher was struggling to escape total has-been status. She wasn't putting out music and was focusing on her acting career, to much (early) ridicule. A Cher comparison at that point in time would have been a put-down. Madonna looked, dressed, sang and acted nothing like Cher.

Madonna's schtick has always been S-E-X. Cher, not so much. Sure, she showed her body off, but that was more about the Bob Mackie gowns than being sexual. Cher sold glamor AND humor--she was always in on the joke. Madonna was always humorless, and was decidedly gritty/non-glamorous in her early incarnations. Cher would glide out on stage in a designer gown--contrast with Madonna rolling around on the floor in a bargain-basement wedding dress, covered in ironic "street" jewelry and askew "boy toy" belts. Aside from red-carpet/award show stuff, has Madonna ever performed in a gown? Not a kimono or a negligee or a baby-doll dress or fetishwear, but an honest-to-god designer evening gown? I can't remember any.

Both are great artists, but both are distinctive. Every pop diva that comes along owes credit to her forebears, but Madonna did not rip off Cher. She wasn't exactly original, but her style and persona have always been distinct from Cher's.

by Anonymousreply 7009/20/2013

Nothing about Vadge is original and she did sometimes rip off Cher. Cher was just 1 of many other famous women from whom Vadge stole.

by Anonymousreply 7109/20/2013

[quote]Nothing about Vadge is original

Bullshit. Derivative is her middle name, but she put an original spin on everything she stole. We've never had such a sexually-empowered female superstar in the mainstream, before or since. Gaga is an asexual clown and all the Britneys, Xtinas and Kateys that came later are just poor imitations. Madonna still holds the sex-queen crown.

by Anonymousreply 7209/20/2013

I think history will be kinder and more respectful towards Cher, talent wise, and artistically.

And will regard Madonna as the "material girl", a pop icon who mastered self-promotion thru shock-value and sexuality.

Just my .02

by Anonymousreply 7309/20/2013

agreed R73 Vadge wanted to be rich and famous. She would have done anything to achieve her goals. This whole "i'm an artiste" BS is a ruse. She only says that to cover up her tacky output. Y'all know damn well if her career had declined 20 years ago that she would have hopped on the reality show train.

by Anonymousreply 7409/20/2013

R65 is so correct.

After all, Cher is the only woman in history to ever sit on a motorcycle.

by Anonymousreply 7509/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 7609/21/2013

R75 because it's just a coincidence Vadge wore a wig similar to the one Cher was KNOWN for in the 60s...

by Anonymousreply 7709/21/2013

[R77]

Spot on! I might also add that Debbie Harry not only preceded Madonna in terms of pop culture, she was also prettier, had more talent, and her music was better.

by Anonymousreply 7809/21/2013

Madge never gave Cher a second thought.

by Anonymousreply 7909/21/2013

hump

by Anonymousreply 8009/21/2013

Take that, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 8109/21/2013

R78 preach.

R79 wrong. She clearly thought about her a lot, hence the copying. All the iconic women in the business have been ripped off by that talentless whore.

by Anonymousreply 8209/21/2013

It's actually:

Follow this, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 8309/21/2013

Madonna/Cher...."The Worm." Brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 8409/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 8509/21/2013

R84 it was funny but they could have found a better Cher impersonator.

by Anonymousreply 8609/21/2013

R86...she's the BEST. Watch her talking about Burlesque/Christina.

by Anonymousreply 8709/21/2013

I love the Madonna threads on Datalounge. They never stop

by Anonymousreply 8809/21/2013

They nail Madonna's weird accent in the video at R84. Love it.

by Anonymousreply 8909/21/2013

Neither one of them held a candle to Mick Jagger in his prime. Fuck those disco cunts.

by Anonymousreply 9009/21/2013

Her Cher impressions are good but nobody comes close to her for Vadge.

by Anonymousreply 9109/21/2013

R90 please. Jagger never had any talent and never was hot. He might be more successful but Cher is better. More talent and better to look at.

by Anonymousreply 9209/21/2013

You are all fucked when it comes down to comparing Cher, Madonna, or Mick Jagger to the legendest most musical legends, Milli Vanilli. Long live the Kings.

by Anonymousreply 9309/22/2013

Musical acts better than Madge and Cher:

Tiny Tim

The Mosquitoes (from Gilligan's Island)

The Honeybees (from Gilligan's Island)

Spinal Tap

The Brady Bunch Kids

Linda Lavin

by Anonymousreply 9409/22/2013

Cher and Madonna eat the undigested corn out of Lindsay Lohan's diarrhea. They both make me twerk my guts out.

by Anonymousreply 9509/22/2013

Vadge will keep trying to pass Cher as the oldest woman to get a #1 on the hot 100 but it will never happen

by Anonymousreply 9609/22/2013

LOL R94. You could have added Ann Jillian, Suzanne Somers and Susan Anton to that list.

by Anonymousreply 9709/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 9809/22/2013

and always will be

by Anonymousreply 9909/22/2013

Madonna's Message to Youtube:

by Anonymousreply 10009/22/2013

The Worm Parody of Madonna's Message to Youtube:

by Anonymousreply 10109/22/2013

Cher is real-she always kept her accent. That phony bitch Vadge first started talking like a New Yorker in the 80s, then tried to sound like an old hollywood movie star in the early 90s then went British.

by Anonymousreply 10209/22/2013

I think Cher has so much more personality than Madonna, but comparing the two of them is sort of silly. I get comparing Gaga to Madonna. But Cher? Different careers, different objectives, different trajectories.

by Anonymousreply 10309/22/2013

R84 needs some serious help if she things that youtube clip was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 10409/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 10509/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 10609/22/2013

R105, ROFL? What a quaint, archaic little used but for the fraus phrase.

by Anonymousreply 10709/24/2013

Vadge wishes she had Cher's talent.

by Anonymousreply 10809/24/2013

Cher wishes she has Madge's money

by Anonymousreply 10909/24/2013

You're stirring up the pot here, OP, even though you're absolutely right but there are too many Madge ass lickers here. Cher has a different audience. Less crass but more discerning.

by Anonymousreply 11009/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 11109/25/2013

Why do you think Vadge keeps trying in film? She wants a fucking Oscar. She also wants another #1 hit on the hot 100. Cher has her beat with the Oscar and oldest woman to hit #1 on the hot 100. Vadge is so competitive and jealous that she can't be happy with her lucky and fraudulent accomplishments.

by Anonymousreply 11209/25/2013

R112, dissolving into a grease with his irrational and unsupported anger.

by Anonymousreply 11309/25/2013

Snap out of it! Cher is queen of the universe.

And it doesn't matter if Madonna has sold more, had more number one songs, etc., etc. Cher rules.

by Anonymousreply 11409/25/2013

I think Cher and Madonna would make wonderful Queens of the Universe. Together they could piss, from great heights, onto the heads of their current crop of imitators.

by Anonymousreply 11509/25/2013

Here is the official Billboard Magazine list of the biggest singles artists of the Hot 100 singles charts, since the start of the Hot 100 in 1955.

1. The Beatles

2. MADONNA

3. Elton John

4. Elvis Presley

5. Mariah Carey

6. Stevie Wonder

7. Janet Jackson

8. Michael Jackson

9. Whitney Houston

10. The Rolling Stones

by Anonymousreply 11609/25/2013

Madonna---Queen for ever and ever. Janice Jackson can lick the little balls of shit off her rectum.

by Anonymousreply 11709/25/2013

R112 and yet Cher has never had a #1 album and judging by sales of her new album SHELL NEVER HAVE A #1 ALBUM

Madonna has 8 of them and will eventually overtake Streisand as the female artist with the most #1 albums of the Billboard charts (Streisamd has 9).

Madonna has 12 #1 singles on the Billboard Hot 100 and Cher has 5.

I did buy Cher's new album and I liked it a lot though, first Cher album I ever bought.

by Anonymousreply 11809/25/2013

I love Cher's song "Pride" ...I think it's a Spotify bonus track. Fun, exciting, simple dance tune...what Cher is really, really good at.

by Anonymousreply 11909/25/2013

I'm pretty sure Madge wasn't a Cher-Wannabe. I think that, at least for the first ten years or so, she was a Lady-Gaga-Will-Have-Wanted-To-Be.

by Anonymousreply 12009/25/2013

Love this answer on Cher's Ask me Anything on Reddit yesterday

Do you still hate madonna?

Madge, no. Actually I don't. I never hated her, I just thought she was a bitch. Actually I quite respect her.

by Anonymousreply 12109/29/2013

Cher tells it how she sees it. Everyone knows Vadge is a bitch but most celebs are too afraid to say it for some reason. Cher will call that hussy out!

by Anonymousreply 12209/29/2013

[quote]Then I guess it was Black artists fault when US radio wouldn't play their songs although radio would be all over the white artists cover versions of the same songs, due to racism in the 50s and 60s?

50s and 60s record charts show this to be more myth than fact.

by Anonymousreply 12309/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 12409/29/2013

Even when Vadge was young, she never liked when another beautiful woman was with her if there were men in the room. She was insanely jealous and always wanted to be the center of attention. I'm sure she hated stunning women in her age group such as Sheena Easton, Vanity, Susanna Hoffs, Vanessa Williams and Paula Abdul. She already admitted in the early 90s that she felt threatened by Whitney Houston.

Now that Vadge is not far from 60, she has no choice but to accept that younger, prettier women are replacing her.

by Anonymousreply 12509/29/2013

Madge's OCD accountant has failed to convince me that Madge is deeply and importantly talented. A rich grifter is still just a grifter and a rich wannabe Cher is still just a wannabe Cher.

It's worth noting that Madge's Kabbalah religion teaches that homosexuality is an abomination, punishable by death. No self-respecting gay man (nor anyone else with a shred of decency) stands by Madge with that homophobic garbage at the center of her "spiritual" life.

Lesbians are somewhat less reviled by Madge and her pals but are still unacceptable sexual and spiritual perverts.

According to Kabbalah, lesbianism does not create the same intensity of a spiritual short-circuit as gay sex because no semen is spilled into the open. Semen is the closest substance on earth to the Light of the Creator. For this reason it creates pleasure and it creates life. If it is exposed, negative forces immediately latch onto it. Thus, the negative forces are strengthened in the world. Lesbianism, however, does not create Light or Life. Therefore, though there is no spilling of a man's seed, there is no creation of Light and Life. Thus, the action only serves our interest and for this reason, is not endorsed. (from Kabbalah.com)

Say what you will about Cher, even about her difficulties with Chaz's coming out, she'd never go along with that patriarchal, homophobic pile of Kabbalah shit.

Cher >>> Madge

by Anonymousreply 12609/29/2013

You girls keep raising the bar for sheer patheticness. What keeps you going?

by Anonymousreply 12709/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.