Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Barbra Streisand's 'Funny Girl' Makeup Was No Laughing Matter

Barbra Streisand's turn as Fanny Brice in 1968's "Funny Girl" was quite possibly our first introduction to the over-the-top fabulousness that is Streisand. Her hair and makeup inspired us from day one.

To celebrate the anniversary of the film's release today (Sepember 19), we're taking a look back at the beauty lessons Babs taught us in "Funny Girl."

by Anonymousreply 1009/22/2013

This is why they hate us.

by Anonymousreply 109/19/2013

I bet you can't name all the female actresses in the audience in this Oscar clip.

by Anonymousreply 209/19/2013

Hello, Gorgeous!

And she was.

by Anonymousreply 309/19/2013

She was stunning . I heard a story about Barbra, that she was so insecure about her looks, while making "FG", thinking on the big screen, she was going to look terrible, that she drove the lighting, cinematographer, hair, and make-up men crazy. 30 years later, after watching the film again, she supposedly said " What was I worried about - I was beautiful". She was .

by Anonymousreply 409/19/2013

Still haven't watched The Lion in Winter but I can't fathom old Kath being better than Babs. Love Funny Girl.

by Anonymousreply 509/22/2013

R1, This is why I hate us! LOL.

I really loathe all these threads about the same tired old banshees like Barbra, Madonna, Janet, Bette, Liza, Cher, etc. They just reinforce all the stereotypes that we're all a bunch of nelly queens sitting around fawning over a bunch of squawky women who wouldn't piss on us if we were on fire!

by Anonymousreply 609/22/2013

I'd rather celebrate an ulcer.

by Anonymousreply 709/22/2013

Oh, R6, you're so stuck-up.

Streisand's best feature isn't her eyes, it's her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 809/22/2013

I always wished that Joan Jett and Wendy O. Williams would have gotten together and fist-fucked old Babs in both of her potty holes.

by Anonymousreply 909/22/2013

The resolution is so poor it's hard to make some of them out but here goes:

Vanessa Redgrave Ruth Gordon Lynn Carlin Loretta Young Sondra Locke Kay Medford Barbra Dorothy Lamour Jane Wyman Raquel Welch Joan Crawford Patricia Neal Joanne Woodward(loving the sideburns on Paul)

How'd I do and since this was a bet...what do I win?

by Anonymousreply 1009/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!