Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

DEXTER: FINAL SEASON, Part II

Carry on

by Anonymousreply 2109/21/2013

Previous thread:

by Anonymousreply 109/19/2013

Mad with rage, Quinn will implement everything to find Saxon with the help of Dexter. Both men acknowledge then terrible truths, but Quinn will eventually accept the incredible and will commit the unthinkable. It will kill Saxon, then taking Dexter as a model, and while the loop is buckled, we might well go on the adventures of the new killer in a spin-off, as announced previously... Finally, all's well that ends almost well, apart from the death of Debra and of the mythical series Showtime, Dexter, which ends permanently.

by Anonymousreply 209/19/2013

Le Sexter??

by Anonymousreply 309/19/2013

So, it's true? Wow. I'll most likely still watch, but...damn. No Deb, no Michael C. Hall..I don't know. Will said spin-off still be set in Miami?

by Anonymousreply 409/19/2013

[quote]then taking Dexter as a model, and while the loop is buckled, we might well go on the adventures of the new killer in a spin-off, as announced previously

Wait, WHAT? QUINN becomes a serial killer? This has to be a joke.

by Anonymousreply 509/19/2013

Oh, and I meant I'll most likely still watch the finale...the spin-off? Not so sure.

by Anonymousreply 609/19/2013

No, I will not watch a spin off with Quinn. Why did Jennifer Carpenter asked to be killed off? I read this on the other thread...why??

Quinn is not psycho enough to be a real killer.

by Anonymousreply 709/19/2013

Michal C Hall is holding out for a movie spin off. He believes that Dexter's adventures in Miami cannot continue as Miami metro would catch on. So the movie will be set in a new locale with Dexter coming out of retirement. Hannah will know and play the supportive wife and mother role as he goes out and kills.

by Anonymousreply 809/19/2013

yes, i wouldn't mind a movie but no debs? sucks!!! would be interesting to see a grown up harrison and how "normal" he becomes being raised by 2 serial killers.

by Anonymousreply 909/19/2013

There should be NO movie and No spin-off. The series ran its course years ago. They had the chance to complete this story. A movie at this point would be pointless.

by Anonymousreply 1009/19/2013

[quote]Michal C Hall is holding out for a movie spin off.

Big fat lie.

by Anonymousreply 1109/19/2013

R11-- Good! If sex and the city has taught us anything....

by Anonymousreply 1209/19/2013

Maybe they'll fast forward and Harrison will become a serial killer. Dexter will teach him the code.

by Anonymousreply 1309/19/2013

I have a funny feeling that Le Sexter is misleading us by repeating the online rumours...At least, that's what I'm hoping as I really think Dex needs to die at the end. I also wouldn't swallow Quinn becoming Dexter 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 1409/20/2013

From the L.A.Times:

[quote]While "Dexter" never won as many Emmys as "Breaking Bad," it was still a critical and audience favorite. And though it isn't nominated for any Emmys this year, it could always make a comeback next year for its final season.

Say what? Dexter is having a "final season"? I thought THIS was the final season.

by Anonymousreply 1509/20/2013

NY Times:

I’ll admit here that I’ve seen the finale and know the answers to my initial questions. I won’t give anything away, except that I expect that it will be controversial — prepare for a Twitter storm around 9:45 p.m. on Sunday — and that while I didn’t buy everything in the episode, I bought the ending. You may or may not think that Dexter’s final resting place is the one he deserves. But it works.

"Final resting place" doesn't sound like Argentina.

by Anonymousreply 1609/20/2013

[quote]You may or may not think that Dexter’s final resting place is the one he deserves.

The way he phrases it, it still could be Argentina..

by Anonymousreply 1709/20/2013

I put it out there before, but I honestly think that the new Dexter will realize that he somehow hurts or puts the people that he cares about in his life in danger or dead and he will need to put himself down, after Deb dies of course. Instead of getting killed by Saxon (which I initially thought), he goes down in the ocean with Deb's corpse and his boat. If there is an Argentina scene, he is dreaming of it while he is drowning. It would be sad and bittersweet, and he would end up with all the other monsters he put down. I don't think all of the bodies will wash up after the storm though, because wasn't he dumping them over the gulf stream where they would never be found again, more likely only remains of the boat will wash up.

This way would be controversial because he'll be able to put and end to himself on his own terms. And not getting what he deserves from being murdered or in prison.

by Anonymousreply 1809/20/2013

Sounds like a spin-off is a go.

[quote]"We're nowhere yet, but I do feel like Dexter is such a core franchise to Showtime," [Showtime boss} Nevins told The Hollywood Reporter at a September Paley Center event celebrating the series. "Arguably, Dexter is to Showtime what Spider-Man is to Sony or Batman is to Warner Bros., so I think it's going to be important for us to keep it alive."

by Anonymousreply 1909/20/2013

The Enquirer says Dexter kills Deb (it's the only spoiler at the link)

by Anonymousreply 2009/20/2013

R20, that makes no sense. It would have the first half of the season, I might have bought that spoiler then, but not now.

by Anonymousreply 2109/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.