Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jon Gosselin is now waiting tables to make money.

So what? A buck's a buck!

"Hi, Welcome to Black Dog. My name's Jon. Ready to order?"

That's Jon Gosselin, 36, greeting diners at Black Dog restaurant in Beckersville, Pa. The father of eight kids and ex of Kate Gosselin tells Entertainment Tonight that it's "next to nearly impossible" for him to find a job.

"I've hit rock bottom like 20 times. I just bounce back."

He says, "No," he's not struggling to make ends meet. He likes being a waiter.

"At first I was nervous because I was like, 'How are people going to react?'" he says. "But then I'm thinking, 'Well it's fun and I get to talk to people.' And they technically already know me, so they're like 'Are you the guy?' I'm like, 'Yeah, I'm the guy.'"

He is happily living in a cabin "in the woods" with no TV and no Internet, reports ET.

But he has no regrets about anything. "You learn from your mistakes."

by Anonymousreply 8411/03/2013

I look down on him, but not for that reason.

by Anonymousreply 109/19/2013

Kate is worse.

by Anonymousreply 209/19/2013

What type of work did he do before the show?

by Anonymousreply 309/19/2013

R3 he was in IT

by Anonymousreply 409/19/2013

So does she have full custody then if he's become a backwoods hermit/waiter?

by Anonymousreply 509/19/2013

R5 Kate has full custody.

by Anonymousreply 609/19/2013

I'm with R1. I don't look down on anyone who is waiting tables.

by Anonymousreply 709/19/2013

Mary! at R7. You hand people plates.

by Anonymousreply 809/19/2013

Waiting tables is 100x more honorable than whoring out your children to reality television.

by Anonymousreply 909/19/2013

Nothing wrong with an honest job. It's his ex-wife that seems to be the bitch of those two.

by Anonymousreply 1009/19/2013

This Blind Item tell how Kate screwed Jon ...

There was an interesting last-minute change to the cast of Dancing With The Stars that very few people know about.

One of the cast members was supposed to be a male reality star who is no longer on television on a regular basis. His contract was this close to being signed. However, when his ex found out that he was going to be joining the cast… she started making calls to try to prevent him from being on the show! Why would she do that? To punish him! She feels that his fame came from her hard work.

Since he betrayed her, she has succeeded in making sure that he suffers for it, every single day. He has gone from player to pauper since they split. He can’t keep a job, and has been through a half dozen jobs in the past few years, each more menial than the next. She likes the fact that his reputation has suffered and that he has been struggling without her!

She wants to make sure that everyone knows that she is the better parent, she is the better breadwinner, and that she is the better person. Keeping him off of TV, and keeping him away from a regular paycheck is just her latest punishment.

It was easy for her to start a telephone campaign to keep him off DWTS. It worked, too. At the last minute, another man (a rather unlikely contestant) was substituted in for her ex.

Male Reality Star: Jon Gosselin. ... His Ex: Kate Gosselin... Male Substitute Contestant: Bill Nye The Science Guy

by Anonymousreply 1109/19/2013

r11, how on earth would Kate have any credibility/influence over Dancing With the Stars? When she was on the show, she stomped around the stage like an angry bull. It was laughable, even the judges couldn;t contain themselves.

by Anonymousreply 1209/19/2013

I still remember her thumping around on DWTS. Such a sourpuss. And you can tell she's exactly the kind of person who would put the screws to her ex and kick him when he was down. She has always come off worse than him. You would think she'd be able to come up with a rich guy now that she's single and spent the cash she got for pimping out the kids on plastic surgery. No dice. Bitter at the root.

by Anonymousreply 1309/19/2013

Is it just me or does this guy look more and more like he has Downs Syndrome the older he gets?

by Anonymousreply 1409/19/2013

Awww - well, he's better off than he was married to that Psychopath Kate.

by Anonymousreply 1509/19/2013

I guess I am the only one who thinks he is hot

by Anonymousreply 1609/19/2013

Did anyone get a copy of the book he helped to write “Kate Gosselin: How She Fooled The World” before it got pulled by Amazon? I would have loved to read that if it was as mean as it was said to have been.

by Anonymousreply 1709/19/2013

I love how they make a big deal out of him living with no TV and no Internet, as if the orphans of Darfur are the only ones in the world with out it.

by Anonymousreply 1809/19/2013

So who voted yes and why?

by Anonymousreply 2009/19/2013

I hate how the tabloids and shitty shows like ET always make "normal" work like waiting tables sound so pathetic and degrading. To them, having a regular job is on par with being a crackhead. Is anyone truly surprised that a guy from a reality show didn't become and stay a millionaire? I think we all assume most of them end up living in the woods.

by Anonymousreply 2109/19/2013

Probably R19.

There's nothing wrong with earning a living. It's better than exploiting your children for "reality" tv.

by Anonymousreply 2209/19/2013

If the BI at R11 is true that's got to be one of the lowest things I have ever heard of. I don't like him, or dislike him, but (if true) it's pretty shitty of her to make sure that he is a position where he has to take a job making half of minimum wage and depending on tips in order to live. There is nothing wrong with waiting tables but how does this guy feel when the Enquirer shows up at his job to basicly make fun of him having to take this job. I bet she called the Enquirer and sold the story to them. Way to keep it classy Kate.

by Anonymousreply 2309/19/2013

Ok, I finally watched the interview at DListed. He comes off as likable, as someone who looks back on his douchey ways and has made positive changes because of it. I can't hate.

by Anonymousreply 2409/19/2013

I was responding to R20 with my first line.

by Anonymousreply 2509/19/2013

R19 is proof that fraus post among us.

by Anonymousreply 2609/19/2013

I didn't watch their show that often, and it was only when the "Gosselins Without Pity" thing was going on that I got interested. I couldn't stand the way she treated their kids or her husband. If I'd been married to her I don't know that I would have been able to keep myself from smacking her. As for him, like R24 said he seems to know how bad he behaved in the past and is trying to make changes.

by Anonymousreply 2709/19/2013

R19, she had 8 kids because she's insane.

by Anonymousreply 2809/19/2013

Reproductive technology needs to be REGULATED.

Oh yeah, this is a gossip site. Well, at least he has a job. Unlike that hideous fame whore he no doubt still owes $$$ to, so he's the better of the two, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 2909/19/2013

I think Jon was a great guy who turned into a douche and now is back to being a pretty good guy again. While his mistakes were huge, I think the whole reality thing snowballed on him and once it got crazy he wanted out for the whole family. His absolutely horrible and greedy wife didn't divorce him over any cheating, she got rid of him over the fact that he was trying to take her fame and fortune away.

He turned into a financial liability for her. I don't have any hate for him at all. He is now making an honest living doing hard graft like many of us and learned from his mistakes. Kate took most of the TLC money and used their divorce for publicity so she should pay for most of the children's care.

by Anonymousreply 3009/19/2013

Beckersville is a hamlet along Route 10 about eight miles south of Reading.

by Anonymousreply 3109/19/2013

r14, the condition is DOWN Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 3209/19/2013

He sure has pretty eyes.

by Anonymousreply 3309/19/2013

Also R23, if it's true, it's totally and ridiculously stupid on her part. Why on earth would she want to stop the father of her eight kids from earning income? Any money in his pockets turns into money in hers for child support. What an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 3409/19/2013

R34 I'm sure he is Not paying any alimony or child support, as she is making more of the money.

The issue is about control, she wants to control everything, even Jon even though they are divorced.

She wants to call the shots. She'd be fine if he went on DWTS, as long as 100% of the money went to her.

Since it wasn't, she ruined it for him.

by Anonymousreply 3509/19/2013

They're both such shitty, selfish people. The kind who should have never had kids at all. I feel so sorry for their children.

by Anonymousreply 3609/19/2013

To the jobless derelicts who read In Touch and all those entertainment magazines, having an honest job is the most degrading thing imaginable.

by Anonymousreply 3709/19/2013

Jon Gosselin is crying poverty yet he has the money to get plastic surgery to de-Asianize his eyes. This is a very popular procedure among the Chinese and Julie Chen.

by Anonymousreply 3811/01/2013

R39, did your mother threaten to "cut it off" or something?

by Anonymousreply 4011/01/2013

I would definitely have sex with him!

by Anonymousreply 4111/01/2013

JG did nothing to his eyes. It was like that throughout the series and is common for Asians with mixed ancestry, unlike Chen.

by Anonymousreply 4211/01/2013

Jon Gosselin is biracial: his mother is Korean, his father of European descent. His eyes have always looked that way.

by Anonymousreply 4311/01/2013

I just saw Kate in a guest appearance on that Canadian home show, the one hosted by those 2 decorating queens. Can't remember their names.

She is working a Real Housewives look these days: long, bleached out hair with extensions, slutty cocktail attire, and dead soul eyes. She looked ridiculous, and had no connection at all with the hosts or audience as she "baked" a cake and answered questions.

Oh yes. Says "her kids really miss being on TV!"

by Anonymousreply 4411/01/2013

r1 +1

He used to be hot, back at the start of the show.

by Anonymousreply 4511/01/2013

R38, when you're trying to claim someone looked one way at one point, then had surgery to change that look, you're supposed to actually back up that claim with photographs.

As R43 stated, the guy is half Euro and half Asian.

by Anonymousreply 4611/01/2013

Yes links to any eye surgery, I remember him having v attractive eyes.

What did he do to lose all custody of his kids? That's not normal.

by Anonymousreply 4711/01/2013

Did he actually lose custody of the kids, or can he just not afford a place large enough to fit them all in?

by Anonymousreply 4811/01/2013

I respect Jon for this decision. At least he's doing more than feeding off the nation's tit the way Kate is.

by Anonymousreply 4911/01/2013

Nothing wrong with that. It's an honest living.

by Anonymousreply 5011/01/2013

still has a dirty anus

by Anonymousreply 5111/01/2013

Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 5211/01/2013

Is that how you landed your hubby, R53? Fraus like you often experience "accidental" pregnancies prior to walking down the aisle.

by Anonymousreply 5411/01/2013

Why would I ever look down on someone who busts their ass to make a living? I look down upon the CEOS, bankers and political hacks who are robbing this country blind.

I detest Jon Gosselin for many reasons but waiting tables is not one of them.

by Anonymousreply 5711/01/2013

I have often been complimented on my Frau-dar, R55. Let's just say you 'ping' and leave it at that.

by Anonymousreply 5811/01/2013

Would you pummel me with your GOOP accessories, R59? Ewwwww....scary!!!!

by Anonymousreply 6011/01/2013

Oooh, just LOOK at R64 clench his tiny manly fists, and totally hijack what might have been an interesting thread!

Shut up.

by Anonymousreply 6511/01/2013

Black dog is actually in stouchberg, pa. 18 miles west of Reading pa.. Food is pretty mediocre!

by Anonymousreply 6711/01/2013

Not for nothing R65 but I dont see how saying straight waiters get lots of pussy caused you to jump to the conclusion about the poster being a frau. My take on it was a gay waiter who has worked with straight men and saw that occurring. I worked in a restaurant when I was in school, most of the waiters were straight and yea, they got laid plenty. Does that make me a frau as well?

by Anonymousreply 6811/01/2013

If you are so manly, R63, then why are you defending Gwyneth Paltrow and mommy blogs on other threads? You are NOT a gay man, you are a homophobic housewife. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 6911/01/2013

Because, R68, the "straight waiters get lots of pussy" poster is busy on other threads chastising gay men for not understanding what it's like to have children. Her assumptions are extremely problematic for me, and that is why I called her a frau.

by Anonymousreply 7011/01/2013

Arghh, I meant R61. Too many homophobes on here tonight, I can't keep track.

by Anonymousreply 7111/01/2013

Oh, I see R70. You hijacked a perfectly good thread because you have an axe to grind. How could I be so foolish not to see this is all about you?

by Anonymousreply 7311/01/2013

Not really, R72. I don't like entitled housewives who come onto gay message boards and pose as gay men. That's my only "cause" for the evening.

by Anonymousreply 7411/01/2013

I think R73, R68, R53, R55, R56, R59, R61, R64, and R66 are all the same homophobic housewife. Good grief.

by Anonymousreply 7511/01/2013

Yes, R73, I made it all about me. I'm sorry I disrupted your fascinating discourse.

by Anonymousreply 7611/01/2013

What kind of "man" rolls his eyes?

by Anonymousreply 7711/01/2013

The truth is, R76, that strange fuck on this thread who keeps accusing EVERYONE who disagrees with him as being what he calls a "frau" (he loves that new word, it makes him feel important) is a simpleton. We are neither women or homophobic, we are gay men, not nelly screamers, but gay men.

by Anonymousreply 7811/02/2013

I don't think Jon was every crazy about the idea of fathering all those kids. I feel sorry for him. I think he tried to be a good father for several years before Kate really put the screws to him. I wouldn't be surprised if she has cut him off completely from those kids.

by Anonymousreply 7911/02/2013

R78 is experiencing narcissistic rage. How many computers are you posting from, frau?

by Anonymousreply 8011/02/2013

I actually used to watch their show hoping I would see him punch her right in the nose.

by Anonymousreply 8111/02/2013

[quote]Jon Gosselin is crying poverty yet he has the money to get plastic surgery to de-Asianize his eyes. This is a very popular procedure among the Chinese and Julie Chen.

And now he's waiting tables? I'd be afraid he'd put pee-pee in my Coke.

by Anonymousreply 8211/02/2013

Really R82? I'd tip him double for that!

by Anonymousreply 8311/02/2013

Down's Syndrome? No, I think he's just Irish.

by Anonymousreply 8411/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.