Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sarah Silverman upset about Franco roast

old jew bitch cunt!

by Anonymousreply 9111/13/2013

Funny. During my run today I ran by her. She looks adorable in real life. Has nothing to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 109/19/2013

Comedians are all unstable.

by Anonymousreply 209/19/2013

R1 I agree, she's adorable, Franco is not. Franco is a desperado.

by Anonymousreply 309/19/2013

Sarah is a pretty woman and looks much younger than her age. It's pathetic of her to be upset at the age jokes directed at her-she has some of the most delicious and mean insult jokes ever. One would think she'd be able to withstand anything said her way.

by Anonymousreply 409/19/2013

Am I supposed to feel sorry for that woman after she eviscerated Britney Spears at the worst time of her life, when we thought we might lose her?

by Anonymousreply 509/19/2013

[quote]Britney Spears and that Strange Sense of Longing

by Anonymousreply 609/19/2013

She can dish it out but she can't take it!

by Anonymousreply 709/19/2013

Oh my r5, we might've lost a talentless lipsyncher, the horror! If you honestly thought that clip made Silverman look bad, how bizarre. You have horrible taste in music to take Britney Spears seriously, deal with it freak.

But yes, Sarah is being unfortunately hypocritical about the age jokes.

by Anonymousreply 809/19/2013

The jokes on that roast were brutal. The roasters really went after Jonah Hill. e.g. "It's easy to tell that Jonah grew up in Hollywood. He's a name-dropping narcissist with big tits and an eating disorder."

by Anonymousreply 909/19/2013

That's funny, R9.

by Anonymousreply 1009/19/2013

The Britney queens have already established that "Blackout" is one of the musical masterworks of the 20th century, R8.

by Anonymousreply 1109/19/2013

Saying that Franco's grandmother only had "127 Hours" left to live, when she was sitting in the front row was pretty vile.

by Anonymousreply 1209/19/2013

That was hilarious.

And let's get it straight, bitches who didn't read the link - it's the usual "what do you think about many topics" kind of interview, and her random comments seem to be more about the general idea of a woman getting older - along with her laughing about how everyone was in bed because of the Roast jokes.

So easy to turn this into something it's not, but aren't you smarter than that?

by Anonymousreply 1309/19/2013

She specifically says she wish it didn't upset her and that they absolutely had the right to make those jokes.

She is just being honest, it is refreshing to see.

by Anonymousreply 1409/19/2013

r11 - a masterpiece of the 21st century actually.

by Anonymousreply 1509/19/2013

If you read what she wrote, it's simply an honest and very sincere and thoughtful account that the jokes upset her although she realizes it was roast and one takes the lumps, and her reasons of why she felt she had to appear strong and take those lumps rather than letting in to her emotions as the jokes were being fired are quite intelligent, as she always is.

So go fuck yourself, OP, you anti-semitic agist misogynist freak.

by Anonymousreply 1609/19/2013

I got three words for this unfunny, old, no-talent "comedienne:"

Greg the Bunny.

That was the first I had ever heard of her and she has not improved since.

by Anonymousreply 1709/19/2013

by Anonymousreply 1809/19/2013

Some of the roast was very funny. Natasha Legero who I have seen on at least two sitcoms and on Chelsea Lately was the most merciless and at the same time funnyiest of the roasters. It's supposed to be like that. I was surprised that most of the jokes aimed at Franco were gay or stoner based. Most of the vitriolic ones were aimed at Jonah Hill or Seth Rogan.

by Anonymousreply 1909/19/2013

Natasha Leggero was the funniest. Andy Samberg's ripoff of Norm McDonald was terrible, and Aziz Ansari's fake laughing and couch slapping got old 5 minutes in.

by Anonymousreply 2109/19/2013

agree with r12

by Anonymousreply 2209/19/2013

She's upset about some jokes about her age yet she fucked Jimmy Kimmel. How much worse could life be after that?

by Anonymousreply 2309/19/2013

I thought it was, overall, the best one of these they've had on Comedy Central. Andy Samberg was the weakest, though the rest of the dais seemed to consider it genius.

And I love James Franco, I don't care what anyone thinks. I think he's adorable, seems quite good-natured, and I like that he has intellectual interests--even if you think they're pretentious, misguided, or shallow, I think it's refreshing for someone to actually pursue things like that while working in Hollywood (or just living in lowbrow America).

by Anonymousreply 2409/19/2013

Lack of self-awareness is not one of his weaknesses.

by Anonymousreply 2609/19/2013

But Sarah has a point. There are certain insults or shaming techniques that men can aim at women to immediately put them in their place that seem to be effective on most all women. Not quite the same with men, a lot of guys don't care if they are fat, bald, ugly, stupid etc. insults just don't work the same way. And at the end of the day, they are still men and enjoy male privilege so who gives a fuck?

by Anonymousreply 2709/19/2013

[quote]So go fuck yourself, OP, you anti-semitic agist misogynist freak.

Best comment on the whole thread.

by Anonymousreply 2809/19/2013

Anyone who burns Paris Hilton to her face is cool with me!

by Anonymousreply 2909/19/2013

yeah, I love her.

by Anonymousreply 3109/19/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3209/19/2013

That dais could have exploded and American culture would have been...just...fine.

by Anonymousreply 3309/19/2013

R32's preface is what has become of DL.

by Anonymousreply 3409/19/2013

"Jeff Ross (who is Jewish, so don't flame) had one of the best Jonah Hill jokes:"

So what it Ross is Jewish? Roy Cohn was gay.

by Anonymousreply 3509/19/2013

[quote] There are certain insults or shaming techniques that men can aim at women to immediately put them in their place that seem to be effective on most all women. Not quite the same with men, a lot of guys don't care if they are fat, bald, ugly, stupid etc. insults just don't work the same way

Wait...I thought we were on a gay board. Gay men are under the same type of pressure where their appearance/age is of very high importance just like straight woman.

It comes with being sexually attracted to men who are more shallow and visual.

by Anonymousreply 3609/19/2013

I could watch this clip until the end of time.

by Anonymousreply 3709/19/2013

[quote]Wait...I thought we were on a gay board. Gay men are under the same type of pressure where their appearance/age is of very high importance just like straight woman.

Right from OTHER gay men. We make our own hell. Not from society as a whole (talking about behavior and appearance)9. What I said (the scrutiny) happens to women not just from men (gay and straight) but from other women as well.

I have every right to stand up for women if I want to, and I will.

by Anonymousreply 3809/19/2013

Exactly r39, and it ain't like she's getting any younger either. Big mistake on her part.

by Anonymousreply 4009/19/2013

Oh stop with the "she's just being honest" bullshit. She's just making it clear that her age is off-limits, when she doesn't consider anything off-limits for her lame attempts at "humor." If they wanted to get a laugh they should have mocked the very idea that this is what passes for a comedian in 2014--someone who's never had a single profitable vehicle or ever made more than 123 people unrelated to her laugh, yet she keeps getting jobs. Why?

by Anonymousreply 4109/19/2013

I didn't get that from her at all r41. It is clear she is sensitive about it and doesn't like the fact she is sensitive about it. Yet she still makes clear she supports a comedians right to fire at will when making jokes.

I suppose you have the right to believe the worst about her, which you are clearly taking advantage of. Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 4309/19/2013

She should enjoy her looks. She's looking good

by Anonymousreply 4409/19/2013

Truth hurts. She was the oldest one on the stage, I think. She looks great for her age. She can be funny, she's definitely talented. But her career isn't on the rise, she's at a low point. C'est la vie.

by Anonymousreply 4509/19/2013

"I suppose you have the right to believe the worst about her, which you are clearly taking advantage of. Bravo."

And your heart is free to weep for an average-looking untalented comedian who actively promotes her non-existent beauty, youth, and humor by preemptively daring anyone to challenge said characteristics by "bravely" revealing how she must take to her bed anytime she is accordingly mocked. Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 4609/19/2013

[quote] I didn't get that from her at all [R41]. It is clear she is sensitive about it and doesn't like the fact she is sensitive about it. Yet she still makes clear she supports a comedians right to fire at will when making jokes.

by Anonymousreply 4709/19/2013

The first Sarah Silverman joke I ever heard:

"If we can send a man to the moon, we can send a man with AIDS to the moon. And if we can send one man with AIDS to the moon, we can send all the men with AIDS to the moon."

I don't have AIDS, I'm HIV-negative, I'm not hyper-PC (think the "You've Got AIDS" song from Family Guy is hysterical), but I simply don't get how this is even supposed to be funny.

Sarah Silverman's entire "comedy" is jabbing people hard, below the belt. And when someone does it to her, she cries in bed for two days?

Dishes it out, but can't take it.

by Anonymousreply 4809/19/2013

Seth Rogan: "I just want you all to know that I rolled a big fattie just before I came on stage. And here he is: Jonah Hill!"

by Anonymousreply 4909/19/2013

This from a cunt whose "joke" that Joe Franklin raped her is a touchstone of her sensitivity and caring about young women who may get the wrong ideas from her, you know, showing humanity.

by Anonymousreply 5009/19/2013

I was upset too because I had visions of them roasting him on a spit over a roaring fire. Then I learned that "roast" is just a figure of speech.

by Anonymousreply 5109/19/2013

I don't even remember them saying anything about her age.

I thought she left early, or someone left early, didn't they?

by Anonymousreply 5209/19/2013

Yes. Bea Arthur left early on the Pam Anderson roast.

by Anonymousreply 5309/19/2013

[quote]Am I supposed to feel sorry for that woman after she eviscerated Britney Spears at the worst time of her life, when we thought we might lose her?

Back in your cage, britbot!

by Anonymousreply 5409/19/2013

Jeff Ross (48) was the oldest (and by far the ugliest) person on the dais, not Sarah (43). I like Sarah, and agree that she's aging well, but knowing that, for instance, she chose not to have children because she suffers from clinical depression, I think it might have been a mistake for her to show her weakness by mentioning that the ageist jokes hurt her. Then again, good for her for speaking up. At least she's honest. You're only as sick as your secrets, right?

by Anonymousreply 5509/19/2013

The 'Joe Franklin raped me' joke was awesome R50 don't be such a tightass.

by Anonymousreply 5609/19/2013

Silverman's career has gone steadily downhill since she stopped sucking Jimmy Kimmel's cock. The last I heard of her she did some pilot for NBC that didn't get picked up. Her latest "boyfriend" is some ugly stand up comedian. I can't remember his name. But I do remember seeing pictures of him and he's UGLY.

by Anonymousreply 5709/19/2013

Her humor is painfully unfunny a lot of times. There's no decent delivery in her jokes. She just spouts shocking stuff and its either hit or a bad misfire. The Aristocrats punch line would have worked had the rest not been so vulgar.

by Anonymousreply 5809/19/2013

Growing older is especially hard on women who milk the "baby-voiced little girl" schtick.

by Anonymousreply 5909/19/2013

The newspaper article OP lined to is full of incorrect statements. Here is Sarah's full interview on the Kamau Bell show where she talks about the roast:

by Anonymousreply 6009/20/2013

Sarah's just bitter because Natasha was hotter, younger and funnier:

by Anonymousreply 6109/20/2013

Just like with the insane Madonna and Janet threads, DL loves to tear people down and make up imaginary shit.

by Anonymousreply 6209/20/2013

That's what I thought, R7. Then I read the article and was impressed by her view. Very honest and not whiny.

by Anonymousreply 6309/20/2013

I watched the roast tonight...there were multiple references made to her age. She was rolling with the punches until one of the fat dudes (I don't know his name, nor do I care) said something about her being unable to conceive children. At that point you could tell her smile was a fake one.

by Anonymousreply 6409/21/2013

She was on The View once criticizing people who gave birth as selfish and saying they should have adopted.

by Anonymousreply 6509/21/2013

She got criticized for some joke where she said she wanted to adopt a terminally ill child because that way she'd REALLY be seen as an admirable person. Funny? I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 6609/21/2013

What Sarah really needs right now is a reputable stylist.

The pony-tailed hoodie look with shorts and kneesocks just isn't working anymore. I've seen her try to dress up at events and the change is too startling and harsh for her to pull off, with the heavy make up and high heels.

She needs to just learn to dress like a normal woman, and work her figure to her advantage.

by Anonymousreply 6709/21/2013

She was the only one on the roast who had to read her jokes off cue cards, which I found distracting. Can she not see far enough to read from a teleprompter or something?

by Anonymousreply 7009/21/2013

R70 - Grandma Sarah didn't want to be seen as an old lady, esp. next to hottie Natasha.

by Anonymousreply 7109/21/2013

Her pilot wasn't as bad as I heard.

by Anonymousreply 7210/26/2013

Does it seem to anybody else that she's just using the age issue as part of her schtick? She's pretending to upset just to play the joke out a little longer.

by Anonymousreply 7310/26/2013

She never was funny.

by Anonymousreply 7410/26/2013

How did her brother die?

by Anonymousreply 7510/26/2013

R74 is correct.

I saw her at the gaming awards one year and she made joke after joke about gay gamers stopping the spread of AIDs b/c they'd all die virgins.

She'll die unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 7610/26/2013

She has told tons of offensive jokes--I remember when she told the joke about Paris Hilton and the prison bars being dicks(I didn't find it offensive, it was pretty freaking funny, but Paris Hilton was in the audience when she told that joke) or about Britney Spears and her children at the VMAs. And she can't take a joke about her age? If she can't take offensive jokes, she shouldn't have chosen to be the subject of a roast.

by Anonymousreply 7710/26/2013

R77 She's like most female comedians - she can dish it out, but can't take it (i.e. Joan Rivers, Kathy Griffin).

by Anonymousreply 7810/26/2013

The comedians were much worse toward Franco when they made fun of him, and he laughed about it. Sarah should be able to laugh at herself, if she's a comedian who makes fun of other people.

by Anonymousreply 7910/26/2013

R78, most female comedians just aren't funny. There are some who I think are funny--Fran Drescher is always great at telling lame, dumb jokes--but most of them are just DUMB. Sarah Silverman is an idiot. Didn't she know what a roast was before she choose to be the subject of one? At a roast, the subject is not spared. If you don't like offensive jokes, the last place you should be at is a roast.

by Anonymousreply 8010/26/2013

Silverman is such a typical woman, dishes it out but can't take it. Natasha ruled that roast, and yes, they were so much worse to Franco and even Jonah Hill, but they laughed even though he jabs had a ring of truth. The "127 hours" joke was really mean spirited, on a par with Amy Schumer telling Charlie Sheen during his roast about the two young women whose lives he'd ruined ... his daughters.

by Anonymousreply 8110/27/2013

[quote]Silverman is such a typical woman, dishes it out but can't take it.

by Anonymousreply 8210/27/2013

How is Silverman's behaviour representative of all women on the planet? Such bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 8310/27/2013

Her new beau, Kyle Dunnigan, is a cutie. The poster who says otherwise must be jealous. He was hilarious on Reno 911. His Craig videos on YOUTUBE make me pee my panties. Tig introduced them. They are in love.

I for one love Sarah for being honest. Her admission of hurt feelings only strengthened my admiration.

As for her jokes about old folks: It's not as if they make up her audience. They won't get offended SINCE THEY ARE NOT THERE. And, they are dying. All of us die for your information.

by Anonymousreply 8411/11/2013

Jane Magazine always gets it right! By far the best take on the roast. DL is by no means representative of the general population and this author shouts it out.

by Anonymousreply 8511/11/2013

Natasha didn't have to work as hard as Tig. She's a pretty girl but Tig is more respected by the guys and lots of the ladies. Tig certainly can rock a suit!

by Anonymousreply 8611/11/2013

Yes r59, wtf is with grown ass women who speak in baby voices. I have a friend like that, it gets hard to listen to her.

by Anonymousreply 8711/11/2013

there is so much misogony here. I am surprised that after all of Sarah and Tig's work for gay rights they have had to be spoken of in such derogatory terms. It saddens me. I hope Sarah takes this on in one of her upcoming comedy specials.

To make it abundantly clear: Sarah is not upset personally. She realizes that the devaluation of women is a serious issue, and she took advantage of her fame to highlight ageism. No good deed goes unpunished methinks.

by Anonymousreply 8811/11/2013

Saw Sarah at the Farmers Market with her new love, Kyle Dunnigan.

Both of them are adorable and look like teenagers in love. I would have not guessed that either was a day past twenty.

by Anonymousreply 8911/12/2013

Dirty Jeff Ross.

by Anonymousreply 9011/13/2013

She never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

by Anonymousreply 9111/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!