Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Your favorite "Roseanne" moment

This is mine, and it's because of a recurring character.

by Anonymousreply 7509/26/2013

Pot smoking in the bathroom. When jackie thought she shrunk and was in the sink. Hahahaha

by Anonymousreply 109/19/2013

Definitely Jackie in the bathtub on pot. And "Dad's dead...dead...I said he's DEAD...HE'S FINE! HE SENDS HIS LOVE!"

by Anonymousreply 209/19/2013

Never again will we see this level of reality in a network sitcom. It's visceral,harrowing and hilarious all at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 309/19/2013

Craftmatic adjustable Bev

by Anonymousreply 409/19/2013

DJ jerking off .hilarius scene.

by Anonymousreply 509/19/2013

Always loved the moment after Dan finds out that Fisher hit Jackie, he grabs his coat and heads out.

by Anonymousreply 609/19/2013

"Well, people have been saying it for years, but now with Dan going to jail and all, we're now officially poor, white trash."

by Anonymousreply 709/19/2013

Jackie telling the girls that she slept with Arnie. Before Jackie became Barney Fife in the later seasons, Metcalf sold everything.

by Anonymousreply 809/19/2013!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 909/19/2013

Mine's imagined and involves the now grown up actor who played DJ pounding my pink starfish.

by Anonymousreply 1009/19/2013

OP that clip is one of my favorites as well. I love Bonnie Sheridan's voice on that.

by Anonymousreply 1109/19/2013

I forget which episode but it ends with the kids all hugging Roseanne and she hugs back for a second and then pushes them away. Too much togetherness. I love that moment.

by Anonymousreply 1209/19/2013

I loved the episode with the "Sitcom Moms Welcome Wagon."

by Anonymousreply 1309/19/2013

The scenes in this episode with the two incredible musclebound hunks.

by Anonymousreply 1409/19/2013

The "Dad's dead" scene because it's great and also because I actually lived it last year, having to tell my deaf mother that her ex-husband had passed on. I was already crying, then got a bad case of the giggles, then thought of Mary Tyler Moore at Chuckles the Clown's funeral, and laughed even harder. It was very surreal.

by Anonymousreply 1509/19/2013

The one where Darlene is in the fourth grade and reads her poem. The episode where Darlene has her first period and Roseanne explains it to her is pretty touching too.

by Anonymousreply 1609/19/2013

Roseanne Vs Cousin Ronnie

by Anonymousreply 1709/19/2013

One of my favorite moments occurs at the end of the episode where Darlene comes home from school and DJ's been ditching school. Darlene's been calling in for him and Roseanne's left wondering what's been going on.

She finally catches on and at the tag of the episode, she has Fred call and pretend he's the school and when Darlene pretends to be her, she grabs the phone and tells her not to mess with the Master. She then says, "And I know you and David are back together."

Darlene replies, "How'd you know?"

Roseanne: "YOU JUST TOLD ME."

by Anonymousreply 1809/19/2013

Nearly Identical Beckys

by Anonymousreply 1909/19/2013

Sarah Chalke was horrible as Becky. Lecy Goranson was far more believable as a bitchy white trash teenager.

by Anonymousreply 2009/19/2013

Lecy managed to play a bitchy, whiny white trash teenager without being that bitchy or whiny. Sarah just played whiny and grating. Another difference is that Lecy's Becky was never portrayed as stupid. Sarah's was.

I know Sarah was hired because they said she looked like Lecy, but I never saw the resemblance.

by Anonymousreply 2109/19/2013

Hard to pick. Buut when Becky & Jackie come to Roseann to say Becky wants birth control is a great scene.

by Anonymousreply 2209/19/2013

*Mark Healy Floor Skating Champion

*Dan enters a radio songwriting contest. (Realistically) he doesn't win the top prize, but he does all right.

*The way little DJ says "Hello, Ziggy" kind of low and off-handed.

*Becky delivers a speech to student council and after saying she wants to speak her mind, she farts.

*At Leon's and Scott's wedding, the reverend mispronounces a lot of what he says -- like "by the power encrusted in me ..."

*At Jackie's and Fred's wedding, Jackie ends up having to nurse baby Andy while saying her vows.

*When Roseanne says a vacation in a camper isn't a real vacation because it's everything she does at home -- just on wheels.

by Anonymousreply 2309/19/2013

When the director said "Cut. That's a wrap."

by Anonymousreply 2409/19/2013

I loved Jackie's impersonation of her mom.

by Anonymousreply 2509/19/2013

I love that moment above all too OP. It's great when a sitcom breaks out of formula like that.

I also love the scene where a drunken Roseanne heckles Wayne Newton in Las Vegas. She thinks she's heckling an impersonator, but it's really him.

by Anonymousreply 2609/19/2013

The post-heart attack donnybrook between Dan and Roseanne.

The Miracle. Darlene delivers a preemie.

Roseannebo. Roseanne fantasizes she is an action star during a long train ride.

by Anonymousreply 2709/19/2013

All of "The Dark Ages", but this moment in particular where Jackie doesn't realize the electricity is off.

by Anonymousreply 2809/19/2013

All of the exchanges during the episode where Nancy comes out, especially Roseanne/Jackie/Darlene in the kitchen.

"I saw the...'I'm a big old dyke bumper sticker on her car'..."

by Anonymousreply 2909/19/2013

My favorite Roseanne moment...

by Anonymousreply 3009/19/2013

The crazed hatred of Jackie to Bev in the episode where Bev wants to give Jackie and Roseanne big checks. It's brutal, and hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 3109/19/2013

My favorite is when Red Buttons fills in Roseanne and Jackie on how Bev really broke her hip.

by Anonymousreply 3209/19/2013

The one where Darlene was the sexually ambiguous deadpan wise cracking suspiciously wise beyond her years teen.

by Anonymousreply 3309/19/2013

Two of my favorite moments:

Darlene has been wearing black all year and it turns out she's hanging out with this older couple who have become parental figures to her. When Roseanne confronts her, Darlene exclaims "I don't want to turn out like you!" There is a pause and Roseanne turns to her and says, "Darlene, you are EXACTLY like ME!"

When Crystal has her baby, Roseanne and Bonnie have been having a stupid fight and Roseanne won't answer her phone, so she knows nothing of the impending birth. Later on at the hospital, she is asked what happened to her and Roseanne replies, "It's a long story...and I come off badly in it." I've used that line many times since.

by Anonymousreply 3409/19/2013

Ha,ha, r34. As you should.

I resemble that remark myself.

I loved most of Dan's scenes with Mark. They were true to the characters and Freud, with a little something extra.

by Anonymousreply 3509/19/2013

Mark was gorgeous. I still miss Glenn Quinn.

by Anonymousreply 3609/19/2013

BINGO! with Edie McClurg, "Can't you find somewhere else to sit?"

"Nooooo, I think I'm falling in love with you," declares a deranged looking Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 3709/19/2013

The original Becky was more like a real teenager, both in her desire to do well and her sometimes uncontrolled rebellion. The time when she blamed Dan for the bike shop closing and Mark's estrangement was so raw and awful, but you wouldn't see that anywhere else on TV.

by Anonymousreply 3809/19/2013

Another vote for the "You! Me! YOU! ME!" from Jackie.

by Anonymousreply 3909/19/2013

Video at link for R2 and R15

by Anonymousreply 4009/19/2013

I think this was in season one or two - Darlene delivering a poem to her class ('to whom it concerns') which starts out funny but ends up exposing how she really feels about herself. Roseanne stands in the back listening and the look on her face as she realizes Darlene's pain for the first time is heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 4109/19/2013

The one where Darlene and her neighbor Molly go to a rock concert. After the concert, slutty Molly is hitting on some boys. Molly goes off with one, but another stays behind and tells Darlene that she was right not to go off with someone she didn't know, but lucky for them he has a couple of joints in his pocket they can smoke. Darlene then deadpans, "Oh man, I feel like I'm in the middle of a really bad After School Special." Good line!

by Anonymousreply 4209/19/2013

"It's people like you that give white trash a bad name."

by Anonymousreply 4309/19/2013

Yes, [R1]

by Anonymousreply 4409/19/2013

When Dan dealt with Fisher after we found out Fisher beat up Jackie. From grabbing his coat and leaving, to returning with a bucket of chicken and being stoic for Jackie's sake. And of course they know the cop personally who came to arrest Dan.

by Anonymousreply 4509/19/2013

"That's not true, Dan. I WOULD have the guts to say it."

Also, as awful as the lottery storyline was, the scenes in which Jackie figures out their numbers won and bursting in to tell Roseanne and Dan about it were very funny.

by Anonymousreply 4609/19/2013

Many moments.

Whenever Roseanne and Dan would tell off those obnoxious brats that were their kids

Whenever Jackie would go off on a tirade

Whenever the camera would catch John Goodman's exquisite hands at the right angle (he does have some nice, big, meaty mits)

Whenever they did a Halloween episode (my favorite one was the time where Dan and Roseanne kept trying to one-up each other with pranks, and whoever would win would say "The Master")

Whenever Michael O'Keefe's sexy ass would guest star (I particularly liked him with the longer hair and goatee)

The time where Roseanne apologized to DJ for hitting him (she showed her considerable acting growth in that scene)...

All in all, I just liked the "realness" of the show. I don't think I've ever seen a more realistic slice-of-life sitcom view of a family.

by Anonymousreply 4709/19/2013

My favorite part of the Crime & Punishment eps is when Darlene comes to bail Dan out of jail. I laugh every time at the "Organizing the candlelight vigil" line.

by Anonymousreply 4809/19/2013

[quote]The time where Roseanne apologized to DJ for hitting him (she showed her considerable acting growth in that scene)...

Oh please. All she did was eat cookies and whimper.

Worst episode ever.

by Anonymousreply 4909/19/2013

Not exactly, R49. Those were real tears in her eyes and that was real emotion. It was almost as if she had recalled something in her own past to do that scene. What did you expect her to do, start wailing and pass out on the floor with grief?

by Anonymousreply 5009/19/2013

I thought she did a good job with that scene too.

John Goodman's best moment on the show was probably the ep when Roseanne tells Dan that his mother was institutionalized, and he breaks down in the kitchen.

Really, the way they wrote the entire Dan/Ed storyline throughout the show was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 5109/19/2013

[quote] Those were real tears in her eyes and that was real emotion.

That's because she ran out of cookies.

by Anonymousreply 5209/19/2013

I also loved You/Me and He Sends His Love.

Love a bunch of scenes, but my favorite line was Roseanne yelling at the kids at some point by saying "Now go to your rooms and live in FEAR."

So refreshing at the time, and so real.

by Anonymousreply 5309/19/2013

Honorable mention to when Roseanne confronts the GOP state assemblyman:

by Anonymousreply 5409/19/2013

It wasn't quite one of MY speeches, however.....

by Anonymousreply 5509/19/2013

God so many and most of you mentioned them.

When Dan find out his mother was taken to the mental hospital and his father covering it up all those years by letting think he was a bad father.

The episode where DJ didn't want to kiss the black girl was brilliant because it showed how Dan and Roseanne and even Jackie had some racist attitude.

The episode where Roseanne realized that their mother used food to help her deal with her problems and she was doing the same thing with her kids.

The episode that introduced Glenn Quinn as Becky's boyfriend Mark. He was so thuggish but in a totally understated way. Kinda brilliant.

The two episodes with Sally Kellerman(?) as David and Mark's mother. Brutal.....

by Anonymousreply 5609/19/2013

My favorite moment on Roseanne is when Becky left and said goodbye to Roseanne. Lecy Goranson really proved herself a good dramatic actress with those final episodes of hers. It was so raw and unlike anything on tv then or since really.

by Anonymousreply 5709/19/2013

Loved the episode where Dan accidentally knocks out one of Roseanne's teeth and it happens to be the day the health inspector comes to her restaurant. The health inspector turns out to be Leon, her former boss/nemesis.

by Anonymousreply 5809/20/2013

(56) Sally Kirkland played Mark and David's mom.

by Anonymousreply 5909/21/2013

One of my favorite moments is when Dan and Roseanne are sitting on the couch snuggling and DJ tries to snuggle up with them. Dan says "Get your own wife."

by Anonymousreply 6009/21/2013

Gotta agree with "Is this the sink? Am I shrinking???"

by Anonymousreply 6109/21/2013

r41, I think Darlene's poem episode was written by Joss Whedon.

by Anonymousreply 6209/21/2013

The episode where Darlene tells Roseanne David's family is moving and asks if David can move in. Roseanne says she's nuts and there's no way in hell. She later goes and talks to David's mom and sees what a crazy, psycho she is and changes her mind and tells David he's coming with her. I sort of love the scene (although completely overacted by Kirkland) when she slaps him and begs him to forgive her.

I think that's also where Roseanne says to her,"People who live in glass WHOREhouses shouldn't throw stones."

by Anonymousreply 6309/21/2013

R62: It was. Chuck Lorre and Amy Sherman from Gilmore Girls were writers on Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 6409/22/2013

When Roseanne decides that her very elderly, jovial father from Seasons 1-2 was a horrific child abuser.

by Anonymousreply 6509/22/2013

Without a doubt Laurie Metcalf's best moment -- a true television classic.

by Anonymousreply 6609/22/2013

Darlene's poem - "To Whom it concerns"

by Anonymousreply 6709/22/2013

From the episode when they lose their electricity and Roseanne finds out that David spent the night in Darlene's room.

Darlene says there's no way she would have sex with Dan and Roseanne 20 feet away. Roseanne says, "Why not you could do it real quiet without us knowing about it?"

Darlene replies, "Really? You can't!"

by Anonymousreply 6809/23/2013

David's mom about having Darlene over on Christmas Eve:

"Dragging Connor Trash over here. Another slut just like her sister."

David apologizes to Darlene and she replies, "Slut didn't bother me. It was the 'just like her sister' part that hurt."

by Anonymousreply 6909/26/2013

When Sally Kirkland hits David in Roseanne's presents.

When Dan throws Godzilla through the TV after his heart attack.

When David breaks down after confiding to Dan that he may not have the strength Darlene needs should their baby die.

by Anonymousreply 7009/26/2013

When Dan strangles David.

When Dan breaks down over his mother's mental illness.

When Dan is drunk and starts trashing Crystal's house.

by Anonymousreply 7109/26/2013

R70 "presents"? Really?

by Anonymousreply 7209/26/2013

Not just the best moment on Roseanne, but perhaps the best moment on all of television.

by Anonymousreply 7309/26/2013

From the episode where they lose electricity. Roseanne: Well, middle class was fun.

And of course, Laurie Metcalf's hilarious entrance the next morning when she makes an entire breakfast using all their appliances before realizing they have no power.

by Anonymousreply 7409/26/2013

Jackie muttering "Get her, doc..." when a defensive Roseanne accompanies her to her therapy session.

Jackie was the BEST character on that show for the first 6 years or so...then they starting writing her character for Don Knotts.

by Anonymousreply 7509/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!