Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Slutty past

Would you seriously date someone who had a slutty Grindr phase? Would it negatively change the way you look at your bf? And if you had a slutty phase and now want to be in a serious, hopefully long-term monogamous relationship, would you tell your boyfriend about your past?

I know honesty is great and all, but would it be better to leave the past behind you and not tell your partner about it? After all, it's in the past and before you got together with the bf.

by Anonymousreply 1709/21/2013

Define "slutty"

by Anonymousreply 109/18/2013

Beggars can't be choosers.

by Anonymousreply 209/18/2013

Slutty past means you can get freaky without freaking him out. Yes.

by Anonymousreply 309/18/2013

By slutty, I meant hooking up on Grindr on average of 3-4 different guys a week, going to dark rooms in clubs to get blowjobs, going to bathhouses when visiting foreign cities... that sort of thing. It might be considered normal and average for some people here on DL.

Would this be a turn-off for most people?

by Anonymousreply 709/18/2013

[quote]Ethically, you have to be honest with your partner about your sexual history.

I would argue ethically he need only be honest about a) his sexual health and b) his capacity to meet the monogamy needs of the partner.

You could sleep with just six guys in your life and catch something... enduring, like HPV or herpes. As we know, most of DL will post they've slept with 20,000 guys and never caught so much as a cold. I don't think it's the volume as much as the impact, if any.

OP, are you sure you're up to this, given your track record so far? No crime if you aren't but don't waste his time.

Personally, I don't want to know the number of guys anybody's slept with.

by Anonymousreply 809/18/2013

I disagree... if there's anything health related that comes from the past, he should be upfront. All he owes him going forward is honesty about what happens from them on.

by Anonymousreply 1009/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.