Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dinner at Whole Foods

I swung by Whole Foods last night to get a late dinner. It was 8:30 or so, but the place was pretty busy.

I walk by the food bar and this woman has a carton she's adding food to and I see her pick up a piece of chicken and she stuffs it in her mouth.

Then I spy her having some veggies and she moves on to the olive bar and continues this process of putting two pieces of food in her container, then one in her mouth, then she reaches into the container and takes a piece out.

She slides her carton down and is smiling and eating away like she's at a pre-paid salad bar or something.

It was gross and rude.

I got an approachable cashier and couldn't resist saying, "Look, none of my business but there's a lady at the food bar having dinner. It's not one sneak of food; she's chowing down."

The cashier asked me what she was wearing, thanked me and called or someone to go over and bust her.

I did the right thing.

But this won't be the DL I wish I could quit unless R1 tells me I should have minded my own business!

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 20809/23/2013

Do you think maybe she is unemployed and homeless-or close to it?

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 109/18/2013

OP better stay out of Costco or we will cut a bitch!

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 209/18/2013

Nasty bitch. I don't know how someone who would need to do such a thing got past the door at Whole Foods to begin with.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 309/18/2013

Good for you, OP.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 409/18/2013

Yeah, I did think that, R1.

I'm old enough to remember the Family episode where Buddy saw an old lady shoplifting cat food.

But there was something so brazen in this woman's attitude. She wasn't trying to hide what she was doing or look around to see if anyone was watching her.

It wasn't subtle especially when she kept licking her fingers -- that she then put back into other food sections.

She had a big purse with her; she could have loaded up, put the carton in her bag and then walked out.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 509/18/2013

Kinda pathetic there OP. Mind your own business.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 709/18/2013

Congrats, OP, you did an awesome job siding with a huge corporation over a starving woman.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 809/18/2013

[quote]I did the right thing.

Whatevs.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 909/18/2013

It would have to be a 'she' in your story, right, OP? Was she 300 lbs?

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 1009/18/2013

R7, it is his business if she's contaminating food with her dirty ass hands.

And if she's homeless - that's what shelters are for. Any city with a Whole Foods is going to have multiple places where a homeless person can get a meal.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 1109/18/2013

You're poor, aren't you R7?

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 1209/18/2013

Have you seen the price of arugula at Whole Foods?

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 1409/18/2013

"I got an approachable cashier and couldn't resist saying, 'Look, none of my business'"

At least you're self-aware.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 1509/18/2013

I would have done the same thing. Not so much for the stealing but it's gross.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 1609/18/2013

Team OP.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 1709/18/2013

I think if everybody took part in a preplanned "snack mob", at the infamously rip-offy Whole Foods, now that would be righteous.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 1809/18/2013

Clearly the cashier was not a gay man, as he would have asked "WHO was she wearing."

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 1909/18/2013

I was at whole foods a few months back and this German guy (recognized the language) was pushing his roughly 4-year-old kid around the soup bar in a cart. He would take the ladle out of each soup terrine and feed his kid a taste - DIRECTLY.

Yup, they tasted them all that way.

Nasty.

I reported them, the deli manager came out pissed as hell and cornered the guy who was unapologetic. They then had to pull all the soup and remake because of health code violations. They told the guy that too. Unaffected.

People are fucking amazing.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 2009/18/2013

I work on a corporate campus with a very large cafeteria. People steal food all the time. These are obviously employed people who still sneak out without paying, stuff food in their face from the salad bars, or get the entrée and hide additional food in the Styrofoam container. It pisses me off because it's rampant but the management does nothing to stop it. They just keep raising prices to cover the loss.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 2109/18/2013

I saw an old woman combing her hair over the salad bar at a local grocery store once. Yuck.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 2209/18/2013

The people on this thread defending shop lifting food are the same assholes who complain about how expensive Whole Foods is. If they had less loss of merchandise to criminals maybe they wouldn't have to charge quite so much.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 2409/18/2013

R23 = the woman OP reported, still licking her fingers

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 2509/18/2013

Yes, the OP needs to brag about it R23.

Good for you OP and thank you, seriously.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 2609/18/2013

[quote] If they had less loss of merchandise to criminals maybe they wouldn't have to charge quite so much.

Do you have any idea how much stuff just gets thrown out for no reason at all at supermarkets? Shoplifting has no impact on prices in large chains.

This thread highlights why I feel uneasy going near food bars. Anyone can jam their hands into the food.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 2709/18/2013

Yup, I'm with OP. Good on ya.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 2809/18/2013

Hell is other people.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 2909/18/2013

When are you kaweens going to learn to stay out of straight folks business??

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 3009/18/2013

[quote]Congrats, OP, you did an awesome job siding with a huge corporation over a starving woman.

Fuck you. Maybe you don't mind other people's disgusting hands going into food that OTHERS will also be eating (and paying for), but most of us do.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 3109/18/2013

[quote] But there was something so brazen in this woman's attitude. She wasn't trying to hide what she was doing or look around to see if anyone was watching her.

This makes me think she was mentally ill--which does not mean she's starving or poor.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 3209/18/2013

Why would you go to Whole Foods for pizza in the first place ? Does it have Extremely Special Tomato ?

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 3309/18/2013

I love you, r19. I do.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 3409/18/2013

Give it a rest, R32. Can we stop trying to excuse everything that people do? Let's stop chalking everything up to "mental illness" when it's really people who are just plain rude and selfish. We live amongst people who have a sense of entitlement. The rules of a civilized society do not apply to them.

She's probably the kind of person who will also answer her phone during a movie theater or not hold the door for the person behind her.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 3509/18/2013

On a much smaller scale, but equally annoying and astonishing, the Whole Foods I go to on Greenville Avenue in Dallas put in a self-serve cookie bar last year. Twice I've seen a guy just helping himself to cookies and shoving them in his snout. He didn't even make a show of filling a bag with anything. Once, I was standing right next to him. Very brazen. I shoulda called his ass on that shit, but didn't.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 3609/18/2013

The food at Whole Foods is so expensive they deserve to have it stolen.

That, at least, is the logic people use to justify why it's ok to illegally download music and movies.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 3709/18/2013

during a movie*

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 3809/18/2013

I am one of those people deeply concerned for starving homeless people and am against the Food Stamp cuts etc. BUT, for those to assume that in this case, it was a "starving woman" and not just someone sticking their hands in food meant for others who had to pay is cop-out WRONG.

As a few others have mentioned, there are plenty of seemingly normal shoppers who rudely and inconsiderately dip their hands in foods meant to be scooped etc. Grocery prices are high enough and gross enough without people doing this. And from the aspect of stealing the food, this will affect us honest folk in the end as prices can end up going up as a result. I've seen so much gross behavior at bulk food stores/sections that I rarely shop there anymore. Once a parent let her kids open the loose unwrapped jelly beans and stick their germy little hands in there. Barf.

You did the right thing OP and go ahead and "brag" about it.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 3909/18/2013

Look OP, times are a little tough lately, and a girl's gotta eat.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 4009/18/2013

do not have the roast garlic at whole foods

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 4209/18/2013

This is why buffets disgust me.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 4309/18/2013

^Why?

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 4409/18/2013

I'm thinking of the line Kathy Bates had in an episode of Six Feet Under where she is shopping with Frances Conroy's character. She shoplifts some lipstick and an expensive scarf. She says they get away with it because no one notices older women in stores. Her line when she steals the scarf is something like "When you charge $250 for a scarf that costs $25 to make you should expect to lose a couple."

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 4509/18/2013

Cue the cunts screeching about sisterly solidarity for poor women disadvantaged by male-dominated society, and the OP who LITERALLY (the term they will use) took food out of her mouth.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 4609/18/2013

You did the right thing OP. Fuck the DL.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 4709/18/2013

[quote]I am one of those people deeply concerned for starving homeless people and am against the Food Stamp cuts etc. BUT, for those to assume that in this case, it was a "starving woman" and not just someone sticking their hands in food meant for others who had to pay is cop-out WRONG.

YES!

Poor people aren't stupid. They don't brazenly stuff their faces at food bars for sustenance. They shoplift discreetly because they don't want to get caught if that's their only chance to eat a decent meal.

This woman was scarfing down stolen food because she enjoyed doing it. If she got caught or reprimanded she would just shrug and shop somewhere else. I doubt she's relying on food bars as her main source of food.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 4809/18/2013

R35,

Do you think that being mentally ill and rude are mutually exclusive? I can tell you they're not. And having been a social worker for the mentally ill when I was in my 20s, I can't tell you how many times they pulled these sorts of stunts, and grocery stores managers would let them get away with it (without a talking to) because they were mentally ill.

If anything, social workers (or people who have experience with this population) are harder on them and force them to be more accountable.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 4909/18/2013

Hepatitis and Swine Flu, bitches.

Get off your high horses with your sanctimonious bullshit about Whole Foods being too expensive. It's a health issue.

Unless you live in the land of Unicorns where all people wash their hands after wiping their noses and using the the toilet.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 5009/18/2013

Hi, OP.

Let's just say I'm "Mona."

I ended up being very embarrassed by you last night. As a diabetic my blood sugar was going crazy, and if I didn't get something into me I was going to faint. I had planned to tell the cashier to add some weight to the charge, but the woman with the big wig and fake nails came over to me, flashed a badge, and asked me to go with her. After an hour of explanations and embarrassment and showing my ID bracelet about my health issue, I was allowed to leave with "a warning." But they now have my name and address.

Thanks, asshole. But the main reason I'm writing is that I SAW you, asshole, and I recognized you. I knew it was you when the woman described you. I saw you staring and figured you recognized me, but I was feeling too sick to wave or anything.

Being fucked over by a neighbor is bad enough. Finding this here makes it worse. Worse for you, asshole, because what you've got coming is going to make you wish all you had going on was a blood-sugar crisis at Whole Foods.

I'm going to enjoy this.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 5109/18/2013

I don't even like using the serve yourself rolls and bakery items from the clear bins with tongs in the bakery sections of supermarkets anymore. A man who was ahead of me there stuck his hand into several bins hunting around for the rolls he wanted. There were tongs! There were tongs!

R39

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 5209/18/2013

What the fuck were you doing in that Republican shithole, OP?

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 5309/18/2013

Seriously, some of you are pathetic with your "poor" comment as though being poor automatically means a person has no manners. The most generous people tend to be poor. This woman is a vile pig.

In third world nations, you're more likely -if you're a guest- to be treated like royalty when it comes to what little food the locals have. It's the wealthiest who have more of a "I don't give a shit what you think" attitude.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 5409/18/2013

R51, aka Mona, I thought the line was, "Drink your juice, Shelby," not "Eat your chicken."

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 5509/18/2013

R51 Yeah, I know you're post was meant to be funny, although it wasn't for me. Maybe it's because I'm a real diabetic who has experienced a real blood sugar low in a supermarket before.

First, you don't eat CHICKEN and the stuff OP said this woman was sticking her hands into. A diabetic experiencing low blood sugar needs SUGAR. It could be orange juice, milk, candy, soda, but NOT CHICKEN AND VEGGIES DUMBASS. If her sugar is only mildly dropping as it can between meals, then she could wait to pay for her food like anyone else and besides it would have been better to go and BUY a candy bar quickly or even go to customer service and explain the medical emerg to get the candy bar quicker.

Stealing food or sticking your hands in food meant for other people as well as yourself is no excuse for a diabetic or anyone dumbass.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 5609/18/2013

[quote] Do you have any idea how much stuff just gets thrown out for no reason at all at supermarkets? Shoplifting has no impact on prices in large chains.

This is bullshit. If you had ever looked at a grocery store's P/L statement - you would that.

[quote] Let's just say I'm "Mona."

Let's just say you're not diabetic, but a drunk asshole.

For those of you who have sympathy for the woman - because she might be poor, hungry, homeless or mentally ill - you do a huge disservice to those people who are poor, hungry, homeless or mentally ill and manage to go through life with stealing.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 5709/18/2013

If they're sticking their hands in the self serve food and licking their fingers, I guarantee they're taking a dump and not washing their hand afterwards.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 5809/18/2013

I bet you she was white.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 5909/18/2013

Long day at work.

[quote] This is bullshit. If you had ever looked at a grocery store's P/L statement - you would that.

Should be ... you would know that.

[quote]manage to go through life with stealing.

Should be: manage to go through life withOUT stealing.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 6009/18/2013

Honestly, you should have hit her.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 6109/18/2013

R61: I agree.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 6209/18/2013

I'm not Howard Hughes, but I become more aware every day of how dirty "public" food can be. I no longer accept food from olive bars, bread/doughnut cases, soup buffets, etc. -- doesn't matter whether the people pawing the food are poor or rich, I just don't want to eat it now.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 6309/18/2013

Very brazen, R36.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 6409/18/2013

I think there is nothing wrong with sampling a couple of items at the larger, fancy stores where they have a million of those bars and things.

At my Wegman's, which is nicer and less expensive than WF, I sometimes add foods by the pound (olives, cheeses, grape leaves, salamis, etc) into my little box or carton and THEN using my fingers take the bite from my carton. NOT sticking my hands into the bin of food.

If I like it, I use a napkin to wipe my finger, pick the tongs or spoon back up, reach in and get some more to take home. Never did my hand touch something someone else's would (within reason at a GROCERY STORE), and I got to make sure I liked what I paid $7/pound for.

Seems fair to me.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 6509/18/2013

I don't care if she gets a free taste, for that I wouldn't have told the store employee. The real issue is that woman putting her grubby paws on food that someone else will buy and consume. She is a piggy pig pig and should be confronted. I would have said something to her on the spot, and then gotten a manager to follow up.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 6609/18/2013

I always taste test grapes and cherries before buying them, as everyone should.

Other than that - gross.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 6709/18/2013

This happened to me at Market of Choice here in Oregon, which is very similar to Whole Foods. A couple of teenage girls were having dinner at the salad bar and hot bar one evening. It was disgusting because they were using their fingers and not the tongs...like it matters anyways.

I told a clerk. I don't know what ever happened to the girls.

This is the same market chain that is known for tackling shoplifters to the ground. They don't play here.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 6809/18/2013

Come now. If 433 people use the tongs, they have all touched them. Putting hands into the food directly is probably about the same amount of germs, when you think about it.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 6909/18/2013

[quote]Come now. If 433 people use the tongs, they have all touched them. Putting hands into the food directly is probably about the same amount of germs, when you think about it.

Um... no.

I touch the tongs and then I use a fork/spoon when I'm going to eat the food - I would hope others would be doing the same. That is not the same as putting one's hand in the communal trough.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 7009/18/2013

It's the beginning of a revolution! The poor need to take from the rich!

DIscuss!

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 7109/18/2013

Not sticking your hands into public food has nothing to do with rich and poor R71 -- only simple consideration and good manners.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 7209/18/2013

The woman probably has plenty of money and believes she is entitled.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 7309/18/2013

Did she happen to display a fondness for the rhubarb OP?

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 7409/18/2013

R72, eating whole meals for free, or on a tab that rich customers can pick up, is what R71 is referring to. Pretty simple really.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 7509/18/2013

Yes, I agree R73. It's that entitled attitude -- like the people who use coin laundry rooms and complain about the smell. It's a fucking laundry room with dirty AND clean clothes dumbass. Many bad drivers also have this entitled sort of attitude -- like they're above having to signal when turning or that their day is so important they have to speed past you or cut you off only to end up stopped beside you at the next light anyway.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 7609/18/2013

I was wondering why Whole Foods even has prepared food like that out for self-service when I realized my city must have some type of an ordinance because outside of soup or olives, I don't recall seeing any prepared food out for self-service in grocery stores (been here five years). Not even a salad bar. All of this type of food comes from behind a counter sealed and with a weight/price label. There's a sizeable homeless population, so maybe the stores do it on their own. One chain has taken to requiring payment at the counter rather than the regular checkout because people were walking out without paying.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 7709/18/2013

I do think that woman was a pig.

However, I am a food shamed customer at WF as well. I managed to diet and exercise down to a healthy state, but crave certain foods. Won't keep cheese in the house because I have trouble controlling portions. So I cruise for cheese samples in those little bowls. I sample each, then make several sweeps back and have a few chunks each time. On Wednesdays there is a cute little twink in the cheese dept. He now recognizes me, even refills the bowls when he sees me.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 7809/18/2013

R65, at the local Whole Foods, they have tiny containers for sampling. If you ask the clerk to try something, they are very willing to show you where the containers are or bring some out so you can taste the item or items. Sometimes I buy more, sometimes not, but you can legally sample.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 7909/18/2013

R78 = Stuart Little.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 8009/18/2013

And on top of the humiliation from being held and questioned for so long, later that night I discovered Whole Foods must prepare their all of the hot/cold bar foods within range of peanuts. I have a terrible peanut allergy and spent what felt like hours on the toilet . It was terrible, terrible. I had horrible leakage. So terrible, and I had to use the public ladies room. I'll admit I did some damage.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 8109/18/2013

That woman is a P-I-G pig!

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 8209/18/2013

I saw her trying to steal a package of Spanish sow-sage and a red Weirdo. The nerve of some people!

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 8309/18/2013

I saw her sampling some organic all natural peanut butter without stirring in the oil with the rest of it first.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 8409/18/2013

R84 She was just pre-lubing.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 8509/18/2013

Most WF customers steal coffee by putting the name and price of the cheapest coffee on their bag.

Why pay $12 a pound for Kona coffee when French Roast is only $6 a pound?

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 8609/18/2013

I saw her mixing in some gluten into the "gluten-free cookies and dessert" offerings!

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 8709/18/2013

Oh, so this is what they must mean by First World Problems.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 8809/18/2013

[quote] Ethiopa

Oh, dear.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 8909/18/2013

I know everytime my blood sugar seems to be running low I pop into a grocery store and grab something yummy. A few grapes here, some cookies from a pacakage there, if you like sushi even the seafood aisle is an option.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 9009/18/2013

Interesting comments.

Wasn't sure how the majority would go; I had hoped that from a health perspective alone I'd have more supporters than not and I was glad to see that was the case.

The woman didn't look poor or sickly or diabetic. I called this thread Dinner at Whole Foods because that's exactly what I saw her doing.

She was fucking having dinner.

And her fingers kept going into her mouth, into her carton and into the food.

I never want anyone to go hungry.

I have to give props to the cashier; she didn't pull any attitude and didn't act like I'd done anything wrong.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 9109/19/2013

Oh, I'm the OP btw.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 9209/19/2013

The OP is cool; the poster at R51 is so boring and the worst kind of liberal possible.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 9309/19/2013

OP, I guess it would depend on if the woman was white, black or hispanic.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 9409/19/2013

Yeah, R51 needs to be pissed on.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 9509/19/2013

I always eat stuff off the food bars at Whole Foods. I'm not starving or broke, I just feel like it.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 9609/19/2013

OP,

Snap a few photos next time for us.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 9709/19/2013

This was not at Whole Foods but in a similar chichi produce place in Canada where I saw an elderly Chinese woman bite into just about every piece of fresh ginger root I guess to find one that tasted just right. After she moved on I looked and every piece on top of the pile had teeth marks. I walked out of the store so disgusted I forgot to tell the manager. I never shopped there again.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 9809/19/2013

Not food, but a mgr at a D. Reade told me that she once witnessed a woman sit on the floor with one of the bottles of nail polish, opened it up and started painting her toenails right there in the store.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 9909/19/2013

Whole Foods owner is a conservative homophobe. They also throw out half or more of ALL their food. This woman was being gross and unclean, but then most of us should think about all the strangers' cocks we have put in our mouth. No big deal either way.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 10009/19/2013

R56, please identify your location because when I'm done with the OP I'll have some time on my hands. Or do I just look for the stump woman in a motor chair?

It was HONEY-BASTED chicken, you fat diabetic asshole. I know what I'm doing. And I already had a bag of M&Ms and took a juice box out of someone else's cart before I STAGGERED over to the place where the OP saw me, needing a sweetened protein BOOST.

Just because we both have diabetes, don't you DARE lecture me on how to keep myself from losing blackened fingers and toes like you have. I can take care of myself.

Obviously.

You sack of rotting flesh, I'd say sit on a tack but you probably wouldn't feel it.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 10109/19/2013

This is me at Whole Foods last week.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 10209/19/2013

OP, my Whole Foods has a "No Grazing" sign at the food bar. And this is the land of skinny Juicy Cout'd soccer moms driving around in huge SUVs. I think the posters commenting about entitlement have gotten it right.

I think the sign was only posted in the last year or so, meaning it was rampant enough to require a reminder.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 10309/19/2013

Things I learned about mental illness in this thread:

If you're mentally ill it is absolutely imperative that you have good manners. That should be your primary concern. You should definitely chastise an unhinged person especially if they are using the shrimp fork during the salad course.

Also, mentally ill people are never poor. So these crazy homeless people I see around the city are actually well off and just want to live that way.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 10409/19/2013

"It should have been bbq chicken. She should have had sauce around her lips and on her teeth when she smiled at you. Also, she should have been licking it off of her pasty, pudgy, sausage like fingers."

I just laughed so hard I woke up my boyfriend. Nice imagery.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 10509/19/2013

I loathe Whole Foods and their inflated prices and elitist merchandise. But that woman was wrong to eat off the salad bar and OP was right to report it. Disgusting, ignorant and rude behavior is rampant where I live (Boston area) and I'm sure it is elsewhere too. Moral: never eat from a salad bar, open buffet (or similar).

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 10609/19/2013

I ate there once. Meatloaf. Vomited all night

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 10709/19/2013

R81=scat troll

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 10809/19/2013

[quote] Whole Foods owner is a conservative homophobe. They also throw out half or more of ALL their food.

There is no doubt John MacKey is a huge advocate for free-markets.

He is not the owner of Whole Foods. Founder, yes. Whole Foods is a publicly traded corporation.

As far as being a homophobe - perhaps you could provide some supporting information. All I find on google is people thinking he might be a homophobe but not able to remember why.

The idea Whole Foods throws out half or more of all their food is just bullshit.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 10909/19/2013

GET HER!

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 11009/19/2013

Slightly off-topic: At a party I met a ridiculously handsome guy who was buyer for Whole Foods (Boston area)

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 11109/19/2013

For fuck's sake, the name of the store and the woman's circumstances are entirely beside the point.

Grocery stores are not spreads of food laid out for random people to stop in and chow down on the merchandise, figuring whatever they can get into their gut before they reach the till is fair game.

Self-serve food areas are not meant for people to manhandle and pick over the best morsels to pop into their mouths -- and put their mouth-wet fingers back into the trough.

It's unsanitary, disgusting, and meant absolutely to steal.

Saks doesn't exist to put --for free- floor-length sable coats on the backs of people who are living rough, or simply desirous of a new look. Tiffany doesn't exist as a joint where diamond rings can be blithely palmed without paying and unloaded at a nearby pawn shop or given to small children who might like some shiny baubles. Hotels don't exist for random sorts to wander in off the street, have a kip, take a dump in the toilet, and wander on about their business all without so much as a dime changing hands. And bakeries don't exist for grubby soles to wander in, lick the cherry of the top of everything, and then wander off, cherry and icing fix satiated.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 11209/19/2013

Kudooz to R78 & R80 for giving me the first laugh out loud moment of my day!

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 11309/19/2013

R112 = The elitist Gwyneth P.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 11409/19/2013

Incorrect. R112 = Voice of Reason

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 11509/19/2013

It doesn't matter if you're poor or have low blood sugar or whatever excuse some of you are trying to make: There is no justification for putting your ***h-a-n-d*** in food that other people will also be eating. What kind of dimwit attempts to defend this behavior? You want to steal food, I don't give a fuck. Use the god damned tongs first.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 11609/19/2013

R116:[quote] There is no justification for putting your ***h-a-n-d*** in food that other people will also be eating.

And if you do, your hand should be ***BROKEN***.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 11709/19/2013

[quote]Whole Foods owner is a conservative homophobe.

You're an idiot. He's not conservative at all. He's libertarian and fully supports equal marriage rights for everyone.

And, yes, I've met John. Several times. He's a bit socially awkward but a very nice guy.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 11809/19/2013

This makes me want to never get food from a food bar ever again.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 11909/19/2013

Good lord, there are a lot of gullible Pollyannas on this thread.

She was stealing food, and seriously compromising public health while doing it. FULL STOP.

I don't care if she's poor, crazy or Mother fucking Teresa, she brazenly stole food--and not a loaf of bread or some fresh meat to take home and feed her family, but hot, prepared foods that are pricey and meant to be eaten right away. She is NOT poor. She is an entitled person who thinks her needs and desires trump everything else on earth, including public health! Whether she is that way due to mental health or other reasons is really beside the point.

We can debate the state of mental healthcare in the US until the cows come home, and I would probably agree with every position and observation made from the left end of the political spectrum, but that doesn't change the fact that STEALING IS WRONG, as is dipping your dirty, nasty hands into a food bar, then into your mouth, then back into the food bar at a public supermarket. Anyone who can't see the problems here needs to have THEIR OWN head examined.

Some of you are just beyond naive. You've either never lived in a real city or have never interacted with anyone who isn't upper-middle-class and educated. The real world--where crazy, poor and all sorts of other people mingle--is scary and dangerous. I'd love to think poor people are made of rainbows and butterflies and that the mentally ill roaming our streets are some sort of modern-day noble savages who we should view benignly and with love, but reality--the one I live in anyway--is quite a bit different.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 12009/19/2013

Guess I have to pop in here.

John Mackay's a whacko in his own way but he's not a homophobe.

He's one of the founders and still has an honorary CEO title but he's pretty much out of the power. Libertarian Ayn Rand fan but definitely not a homophobe.

I'm the resident DL WF worker. My store has a woman we call the Crazy Gypsy Lady who has a problem keeping her hands out of the sample bins. It's mostly college students who graze the salad bar, not necessarily with their hands.. If we catch them with their hands in the food we have to toss the food.

The most frequent offenders are... little kids!!

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 12109/19/2013

The grocery store where I used to work let customers eat from packaged foods, as long as they brought the package up to the register and paid for it before they left. I always thought this was strange, as even when I was a kid, I'm pretty sure my parents never let me open anything until we left the store. Perhaps certain customers are feel more entitled than others.

Of course, any items sold by weight were not to be sampled, but people would do it and some of them had to have known they were wrong. I told a customer at the bulk food section that sampling wasn't allowed, and she claimed, "But they let me do it all the time," despite the multiple signs saying that customers weren't supposed to.

The most ridiculous example is the woman who tried to hand me partially eaten pears and claimed her children were hungry. I explained to her that things charged by weight should be paid for first (she could have paid in the cafe if they were that hungry), otherwise she's paying less than the actual price. "Oh..."

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 12209/19/2013

I support OP - not because of sanitary issues or any of that, but because I LOVE to get people busted.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 12309/19/2013

R122. In a case like that the store should have just let it go as a damn courtesy.

Pears? And the kids had taken a bite before they were weighed? WOW! Scandalous!

Some people would have just put the damn pears back on a different shelf or not even paid at all. At least this lady seems to have tried.

Also, little Madysin was eating a PEAR, not a bag of Cheetos or a half eaten donut from those bins.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 12409/19/2013

I was at the grocery store last week, and a young hipster looking guy was digging his hands in the mixed nuts bin, and eating them. An older black lady walked by, looked at him, and said "You know you're wrong". I cracked up laughing. I will never eat foods from bins again, but I honestly suspect that there have been far worse things done to our food than someone touching it with dirty hands.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 12509/19/2013

People like OP are one of the reasons why I hate going to Whole Foods. It's full of snotty assholes who go apeshit when the fakery is tarnished.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 12609/19/2013

[quote]In a case like that the store should have just let it go as a damn courtesy.

Why? In what way is a business obligated to give away free pears?

[quote]Pears? And the kids had taken a bite before they were weighed? WOW! Scandalous!

Stealing is immoral and illegal. Do you disagree with that statement?

[quote]Some people would have just put the damn pears back on a different shelf or not even paid at all.

Those people would be thieves.

[quote]At least this lady seems to have tried.

Tried what? Tried thinking her actions through? Tried teaching her kids restraint, good manners and good morals? Tried helping and respecting the working people whose jobs entail inventory check, financial exchanges and monitoring potential shoplifters? What, exactly, did this woman "try" to do except mindlessly stuff her children with food she hadn't paid for?

[quote]Also, little Madysin was eating a PEAR, not a bag of Cheetos or a half eaten donut from those bins.

And this is relevant because...? Is theft allowed when good eating habits are encouraged? Is it ok to stuff your face with unpaid-for food, mindless of the consequences, as long as you're stuffing your face with fresh produce?

Not one single point in your post makes any sense. It's utter bullshit from beginning to end. Quite a feat there, you should be very proud.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 12709/19/2013

R127 I didn't see you chastising the posters who said they sample cherries or grapes.

What is the difference, Leona?

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 12809/19/2013

Tattletale Queen!

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 12909/19/2013

[quote]What is the difference, Leona?

Besides exhibiting entitlement and a fuzzy moral code, your post was breathtakingly stupid.

How does calling for people to be honest and aware of their actions make one comparable to a tax-dodging, classist megalomaniac? I actually think the woman stuffing pears into her kids without paying for them is closer to Leona Helmsley in her sense of entitlement.

Anyway, you're really stupid, do you know that?

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 13009/19/2013

I would have reported her too.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 13109/19/2013

Geez, take it down a notch, R130. Please try to make your point without resorting to verbal cliterectomies. No animals or little children were harmed because of R124's ridiculous comment.

Having said that, I would've had the woman and her pear-swilling spawn arrested for shoplifting. That'll teach the vermin!

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 13209/19/2013

R130 thanks for the laugh hon!!

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 13309/19/2013

I'm with R130 on this one. R124 rattled off a litany of moronic justifications for stealing, and his only reply was "why didn't you yell at the other thieves here???"

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 13409/19/2013

R124, I didn't call a manager or security about it; I really didn't want to make a big deal out of it. I just let her know that she should pay first in the future, just in case store management were to catch her and give her a hard time. Another time, a customer took a bite of a pastry and threw the rest out; security marched her over to my register and made her pay.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 13509/19/2013

[quote]People like OP are one of the reasons why I hate going to Whole Foods. It's full of snotty assholes who go apeshit when the fakery is tarnished.

Are you just a troll or really this fucking stupid?

Do you think being disgusted by pigs putting their God damned hands in exposed food that others will also be eating is only reserved for people in WF? As if it would be tolerated in some Korean deli.

Some of you are just too stupid to live for trying to turn this into some political/economic/mental health issue.

At what age do you learn you don't do things like putting your fingers (which no doubt was previously up a nose or an ass) on food others will also be eating? Why is this even a debate?

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 13609/19/2013

[quote]Another time, a customer took a bite of a pastry and threw the rest out; security marched her over to my register and made her pay.

Fascists!! Danish should be free to anyone who tastes one and decides they don't want to finish the rest, Herr Kommandant!! Next you'll be telling us people should pay for their food before leaving the store!

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 13709/19/2013

Pastry? When did I eat pastry?

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 13809/19/2013

LMFAO

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 13909/19/2013

[quote]He's one of the founders and still has an honorary CEO title but he's pretty much out of the power. Libertarian Ayn Rand fan but definitely not a homophobe.

I'd almost rather have a liberal social democrat who didn't like gays so much. Randians are so, so toxic and are tearing the country apart in a way that will affect future generations. Homophobes are a dying breed.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 14009/19/2013

[quote]and a young hipster looking guy was digging his hands in the mixed nuts bin, and eating them. An older black lady walked by, looked at him, and said "You know you're wrong".

W

E

R

Q

!

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 14109/19/2013

Someone brought up tasting grapes and cherries. I am guilty of doing this. I only have one, just to make sure that they are sweet and fresh, not because I am trying to steal or get a free meal. I suppose it is technically stealing though.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 14209/19/2013

OP must be a Republicunt.

I agree with whoever said to mind your own business, you self-righteous, judgmental turd.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 14309/19/2013

[quote]OP must be a Republicunt. I agree with whoever said to mind your own business, you self-righteous, judgmental turd.

Right. People like this that defend someone sticking their hands in food that will be consumed by others are the same people that wouldn't hesitate to jump in on a lawsuit if fecal matter were discovered in the food they just ate.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 14409/19/2013

2/10

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 14509/19/2013

I genuinely dislike R143.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 14609/19/2013

I'd have smacked the food right out of her hands and told her how nasty she was to her face.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 14709/19/2013

[quote]OP must be a Republicunt. I agree with whoever said to mind your own business, you self-righteous, judgmental turd.

You fail to understand that "Republicunts" oppose government regulations and laws meant to protect consumers from germs transmitted by grazers at self-service food bars. They really don't like consumer safety laws. You know, they interfere with the "free market." ("Why toss contaminated food when we can make money from it?" they ask.)

You probably think the government should mind its own business, too, and not make laws prohibiting people from plunging their campylobacter-laden fingers into food others will consume.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 14809/19/2013

Forget stealing and sampling for a minute...who are you people who eat unwashed produce????

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 14909/19/2013

This does it. I'm convinced.

And I'm starting a new web site called "People of Whole Foods," in which I shall encourage people send photographs of the O-the-Humanity that is waddling through, scratching their asses under their trousers, wearing their fair-trade raw silk shirts and "I'm not leather" shoes, and tolerantly smiling as their peers and "victim tokens" munch in circles around the food tables and drop a half-ounce of tuna on the cash register scale, for their widdle kitty-pookins.

Entitlement in action is a public nuisance, and any activity that potentially threatens the public requires action by responsible adults. That there are so few responsible adults here, who understand that there is a compact among all of us to protect our mutual interests, is not a surprise. Neither is the insane rancor and hate that pours out of the phony defenders here - these cunts are all envenomed in their misery.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 15009/19/2013

[quote]Also, little Madysin was eating a PEAR, not a bag of Cheetos or a half eaten donut from those bins.

This is hilariously irrelevant, fiber queen. Besides, if she were eating those items it never would have presented a problem, since donuts and bags of Cheetos are sold per unit and not by the pound.

I still find people who snack at the supermarket beyond odd. I once watched a woman eat 3 Entemann's donuts out of one of those variety packs they sell. She caught my eye when I saw her reach into her cart, hold it up and slide her finger across it to open it. We were both perusing the meat section at the time. Bizarre. Then off she went, but I kept bumping into her. I know she had at least three because each time I saw her she was eating a different one!

Supermarkets are filthy; everything either comes from a warehouse, a slaughter house or a farm before it gets there, and then the great unwashed masses come tromping through, leaving sticky trails of sugar and sauce as they waddle up and down the aisles, putting their grimy hands on anything that catches their eyes. I never eat anything until I get it home and wash my hands first, especially finger foods like donuts.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 15109/19/2013

It is probable that in a competitive environment theft might not cause an increase in prices.

But for all of you trying rationalize your supermarket munching - it does have an impact.

Let me make it simple: Grocery store buys ten lbs of pears for $.50 a pound. They sell the pears for $1.00 a pound. Let's say the market wants to make 10% on their investment with pears. So $.50

So all pears sold - after the market pays for the pears and takes their 10% they have $4.50 left. That is what is available to cover their expenses. Like wages and healthcare benefits.

Let's say 8 lbs of pears are sold and two are stolen. The market still has to pay for ten lbs of pears. The return on investment is still going to be $.50.

But guess what - only $2.50 left to cover expenses. Good by wage increases and healthcare benefits.

So as you munch on stolen food and think you are "putting it to the man" what you're actually doing is putting it to the minimum wage worker running the cash register.

Feel good about yourself?

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 15209/19/2013

Jesus Lord!

The kid took a BITE of pear...even if he ate a couple of bites, his mom is already there spending HUNDREDS on already overpriced groceries.

If I owned a supermarket I'd be more than accommodating to a family with a kid who snacked on PRODUCE as mom shopped and at the end, mom still paid for it.

At the farmer's market in our New England town customers are expected and encouraged to try the produce. Geez.

Lighten UP.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 15309/19/2013

Yes, R151 re: washing your hands before eating anything from the supermarket (and to washing produce etc. before eating -- even sampling as "E Coli" noted.) I did an experiment a few years ago where as soon as I put my groceries away at home I thoroughly washed my hands. Before, I had just seemed to get cold after cold even though I wasn't around kids in school or groups etc. but stayed mostly at home. My theory was that I picked up cold germs from the supermarket. I definitely caught way fewer colds after doing this so I continue to wash my hands right after I put away my groceries. I rarely get colds and it's great!

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 15409/19/2013

Some of you just like to argue for the sake of arguing. Eating food from a grocery store you don't pay for is stealing.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 15509/19/2013

I wish Joan Crawford were still alive to do a shopping excursion to Whole Foods with Lil' Missy. What do you think Joan would think of the bulk bin section, all the cheeses of the world, and the sushi? I'd like to see one of the WF's employees try to tell Joan that sampling isn't allowed in the prepared foods section.

"Miss Crawford, sampling is NOT allowed. And we certainly don't use our hands."

"Fuck off! I'm wearing gloves!"

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 15609/19/2013

I'm in love with R127/R130.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 15709/19/2013

R153, mom shouldn't be giving her kids unwashed produce anyway. It's gross and irresponsible. Almost as negligent as putting your kid on a luggage conveyor belt at the airport.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 15809/19/2013

Fuck the pears.

Tell me how to steal the lobster tails and filet mignon.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 15909/19/2013

R152 thinks that making an argument for moderate waste and loss from vermin in the food somehow translates into what people steal.

These unethical, equivocating assholes are exactly the people who I don't hire and who I fire because of lies on their resumes and applications. They think that their wanting something - anything - is justification for whatever they do.

Idiots.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 16009/19/2013

R142, no, you're not stealing; you're saving yourself the trouble of buying something and then having to return it if the stuff wasn't good.

OP, here. Again, the only word I can use is BRAZEN.

The woman was eating away as if to say, 'I'll try one of these! And two of those! And this one goes in my mouth! And these two go in my cartoon! And, oh! I'll take this one out of my carton and in my mouth it goes! Now, off to the olive bar!'

If she wasn't caught by management, I think she might have actually brought her (very light) carton to the register, but it wouldn't have cost her much and she wouldn't have had much of an appetite at this point.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 16109/19/2013

[quote][R152] thinks that making an argument for moderate waste and loss from vermin in the food somehow translates into what people steal.

R160 - try reading what I posted. I say upfront 2lbs are stolen. You want to add in another half pound for spoilage, fine. Or you want to say 1lb is stolen and 1 lb is wast, fine.

The exercise still works.

At the end of the day the food you steal comes out of the mouth of employees.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 16209/19/2013

OP I enjoy the way your story about this womyn has become even MORE dramatic. This is an Especially Scandalous Tragedy!

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 16309/19/2013

WORD TO THE WISE:

If you want to try a new product, Whole Foods employees will open it and let you taste. I was practically forced to eat half a bag of tortilla chips when I expressed a vague interest in trying them...

And while the woman's behavior was tacky, security would've handled the situation if things got out of hand.

I don't know....yes, the woman was wrong, but OP's being a fucking busybody and I can't stand that shit.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 16409/19/2013

In A. Burgess novel "The Wanting Seed" the gay cops wear black lipstick.

Ask at MAC.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 16509/19/2013

This woman should be tossed in jail. She is a criminal.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 16609/19/2013

My aunt lost her very expensive pearl necklace in the salad bar at Whole Foods and plunged her hand into the Roquefort dressing looking for her pearls. One of the workers caught her and she said, "Is this Roquefort of Thousand Island?"

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 16709/19/2013

I don't think it's "busybody" to look out for public health.

It truly amazes me how few of you get this. OP didn't turn her in for using too many plastic produce bags or digging through the milk cooler for a later expiration date or holding the perfectly transparent freezer door open to inspect the Klondike bars...he turned this woman in for sticking her nasty unwashed hands into a food bar, then her mouth, then back to the food bar.

If you think it's "busybody" to discourage that behavior then I'd rather you didn't shop at the same stores as I do.

A lot of you have a very suspect moral code if you think standing up for the public good is a bad thing. WTF is wrong with our society? "Snitching" is the worst sin but pawing at communal food is ok? Did you grow up in prison? I just don't get it. At the very least it sounds immature to be so offended about someone being a "busybody".

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 16809/19/2013

R164, I have also noticed that they love to open products, or cut up fresh fruit, because they like to taste it as well. I asked a lady in the bakery if the tiramisu was any good, and she was so over the top excited that I asked, because she wanted a piece.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 16909/19/2013

+- You did the wrong thing, OP.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 17009/19/2013

The hilarious part is that she didn't pick up on the fact that if she could get away chowing down at the hot bar, she could have just boxed up her food, casually walked out, and eaten in the privacy of her home.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 17109/19/2013

OP and R130 won't be satisfied until Anonymous outs her and kills her.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 17209/19/2013

Well done OP. You're a ray of hope in a sea of filthy and crass American slobs. Come to Switzerland - we like your kind.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 17309/20/2013

Let's have a moment of silence in remembrance of the Walmart lady who was arrested and charged with a felony for eating a few cookies.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 17409/20/2013

For the record, it was the health issue that prompted me to talk to the cashier.

I think if it were an EST, I'd have added more details beyond her take two items, put on in her carton, then eat one out of the carton, then reach back into the food and get two more...

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 17509/20/2013

I'd have run her over with my car.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 17609/20/2013

Was she poor/homeless looking or just a pig who eats free food out of salad bars?

A friend's boyfriend steals expensive cheese from WF. He thinks it's too expensive so he just puts it in his pocket. (It's like Robin Hood!)

Maybe she had the same opinion?

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 17709/20/2013

Read the thread, R177. Your position has been ripped to shreds.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 17809/20/2013

[quote]A friend's boyfriend steals expensive cheese from WF. He thinks it's too expensive so he just puts it in his pocket. (It's like Robin Hood!)

No, Robin Hood wasn't a trashy thief.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 17909/20/2013

[quote]He thinks it's too expensive so he just puts it in his pocket.

Too expensive for what?

Too expensive for him to afford? So that means it's OK for him to steal whatever he can't afford?

Or too expensive relative to what it costs the store to acquire & provide the cheese? So that means it's OK for him to steal whenever he disapproves of a store's profit margins, as some kind of blow against unbridled capitalism?

The guy's a thieving bum, period.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 18009/20/2013

[quote]A friend's boyfriend steals expensive cheese from WF. He thinks it's too expensive so he just puts it in his pocket. (It's like Robin Hood!)

Robin Hood stole from the rich to give to the poor. Unless your friend is donating his expensive cheese to poor people, he's nothing like Robin Hood. He's just a thief.

Why do so many people here lack a moral code? How can you not see stealing as immoral? If your friend was genuinely poor and had no alternatives that might be different, but stealing pricy cheese simply because you can't afford it? That's wrong.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 18109/20/2013

I bet if it was a hot guy with a muscle slut shirt on doing this, OP wouldn't have said anything.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 18209/20/2013

[quote]I was practically forced to eat half a bag of tortilla chips when I expressed a vague interest in trying them...

Imagining the visual made me laugh a bit.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 18409/20/2013

OP should feel no compunction to defend himself. We clearly live amongst entitled pigs who will do/say anything to defend/excuse what is the very definition of disgusting behavior.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 18509/20/2013

[quote]Why do so many people here lack a moral code? How can you not see stealing as immoral?

We see the rich and CEOs do it every day. If its gotten them to where they are, maybe we should all be stealing.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 18609/20/2013

Someone who doesn't steal would never be considered for a top job at Wall Street or corporations. They actually screen out honest people in the hiring process and I know because I've seen the reports.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 18709/20/2013

[quote]We see the rich and CEOs do it every day. If its gotten them to where they are, maybe we should all be stealing.

Sure, sweetheart, because stealing in a manner that involves sticking your hand into food others will also be eating will lead to you being head of a Fortune 500 company.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 18809/20/2013

The licking fingers and putting back in food should be reported. The rest not so much. I'll never eat at an open food bar again. That's dangerous.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 18909/20/2013

[quote]My aunt lost her very expensive pearl necklace in the salad bar at Whole Foods...

That's disgusting!

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 19009/20/2013

R182, um...duh!

Because then he would have been hot!

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 19109/20/2013

Finish this sentence:

If Zac Efron came to my local Whole Foods and fed me olives he plucked from the olive bar with his own little hands, I'd...

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 19209/20/2013

...run away because I hate both olives and Zac Efron.

Now if Colby Keller were doling out artisanal cheeses, OTOH...

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 19309/20/2013

Ha! Colby only likes colby cheddar!

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 19409/20/2013

R159- fuck one of the employees

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 19509/20/2013

Ethiopa.

That was the name tag on the cashier...

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 19609/20/2013

OMFG. I was busted for this once at the Whole Foods at Columbus Circle in New York. My friend and I were nibbling here and there on the sly and then when we went to go leave this big guy in a black suit tapped us on the shoulders and asked us what the hell we were doing. My friend, who is definitely not the "go along to get along" type told him. "We're leaving, that's what the hell we're doing...excuse me!" but as he tried to exit two other guys in black suits were waiting.

We were both whisked off to the upstairs office and as we entered I immediately noticed that the back wall was covered in mugshot-like photos of other people caught stealing. It was pretty funny as most of them looked like trustafarians gone bad. Lots of white kids with dreadlocks. They tried to scare us and intimidate us.

"We saw you NIBBLING! We don't condone nibblers at our stores! You are never allowed back here or any other Whole Foods in the city!". But just that following week I went back and have since gone to just about every Whole Foods location in the city and have never been questioned.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 19709/20/2013

R197 which town?

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 19809/20/2013

[quote] I was busted for this once at the Whole Foods at Columbus Circle in New York.

d

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 19909/20/2013

[quote]That's disgusting.

That was a riff from an episode of Designing Women. Marjo lost Suzanne's necklace when they went to the salad bar at the country buffet.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 20009/20/2013

Man, this thread could comfortably fit in the old Sows at the Trough thread from a few years ago. Imagine the food spread as a trough and this woman just gobbling up the food like a sow. Is this life imitating gossip?

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 20109/22/2013

I got stuffed on samples at Costco this weekend. I went back for seconds on a couple of things.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 20209/23/2013

You have to taste stuff. How are you going to know if you like it?

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 20309/23/2013

So right R203. Why don't you just lean down and slaver and lick all over foodstuffs so you really get a good taste? The slobs on this thread defending putting hands on food as that woman did are disgusting.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 20409/23/2013

Do they have any of those baby back ribs, because I've got a craving.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 20509/23/2013

[quote]We see the rich and CEOs do it every day. If its gotten them to where they are, maybe we should all be stealing.

I'm a member of the much-maligned Baby Boomer generation & many of my contemporaries had the same idea about their employers (whether they worked for a huge corporation or a mom & pop shop): All authority figures are EVIL & all young dope smokers are RIGHTEOUS! So fuck the pigs & don't trust anyone over 30 & steal office postage stamps to destroy capitalist imperialism!!

It was a stupid one dimensional point of view then & it still is, whoever the villains & heroes of the moment may be.

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 20609/23/2013

Was she actually raped, or not?

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 20709/23/2013

Do they accept EBT cards at Whole Foods?

by I got two slices of pizza to go, btw. reply 20809/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.