Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cher's New Album Streaming

The standard version on Amazon.

I like it a lot.

by Anonymousreply 6809/24/2013

I'm only on the second song and I thought it was a Britney Spears album. AUTO-TUNED and computerized vocals only. Is she actually a human being anymore? Embarasing for a woman her age.

by Anonymousreply 109/18/2013

I like it, but it sounds like a slightly improved mash up of both 'Believe' and 'Living Proof'. There's nothing remotely original or interesting in it, which is a bit disappointing. One would have hoped that she'd come out of retirement with something MUCH better and a bit more varied. Still, some songs are good. 'Dressed To Kill' is my favourite so far.

by Anonymousreply 209/18/2013

There are many songs that aren't full of vocodered crap. She started that how thing, now everyone does it.

When has a Cher album been original? I mean, come on now.

I love "Red," "Lovers Forever" (which was written for "Interview with a Vampire"), "Dressed to Kill," "Take It Like A Man." I like every song except "Sirens."

by Anonymousreply 309/18/2013

I like half of the songs. The other ones not so much. It's certainly better than than anything Vadge and Shitney Spears have put out in the last few years.

by Anonymousreply 409/18/2013

The two last songs are pretty good

by Anonymousreply 509/18/2013

Shitney Spears never put out anything decent. Let's not bring her bloated old corpse into this.

by Anonymousreply 609/18/2013

Her album is called 'Streaming'? Is the theme discharge.

by Anonymousreply 709/18/2013

I'm loving "I Hope You Find It"...quintessential Cher

by Anonymousreply 809/18/2013

"Living Proof" was a disaster, which is the reason it flopped.

by Anonymousreply 1009/18/2013

R10 Honey, "Living Proof" was a smash hit compared to this shitty album. "The Music's No Good Without You" reached the Top 10 all over Europe and "Song For the Lonely" at least went to #85 in the US. "Woman's World" however bombed at #125 in the US and the only country it charted in was Belgium at a pathetic #42.

Face it, this album is a MESS and will flop.

by Anonymousreply 1109/18/2013

She was supposed to do a country album at one point, then an album of 60's covers.

I wish she'd work with Rick Rubin. I think that would be a very interesting partnership. Get her some stripped down songs. Something in the vein of It's a Mans World, which was a criminally underrated album.

by Anonymousreply 1209/18/2013

Really,for how long is she going to do auto-tuned EDM?

by Anonymousreply 1309/18/2013

I hate to think that this shitty album will be her last studio album, but I have a feeling it will be. Most artists don't release studio albums after 70. Look at Tina Tuner - she released her last album of all new material at 60 and Diana Ross released her last studio album at 55. Neither have released a new album since.

She should have done a rock album. This dated dance music she's been doing since the late 90's is getting tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 1409/18/2013

Honey, Diana Ross's last studio album was at 62 (I Love You-2006).

by Anonymousreply 1509/18/2013

[quote]I'm only on the second song and I thought it was a Britney Spears album. AUTO-TUNED and computerized vocals only. Is she actually a human being anymore? Embarasing for a woman her age.

Don't be so damn jealous...Miley!

by Anonymousreply 1609/18/2013

One of her best albums.

by Anonymousreply 1709/18/2013

First, I want to say I think Cher has a lot of potential to do well on radio. Almost any top 40 programmer would be ecstatic to program Cher songs with Katy Perry, Nicki, etc. I don't think ageism would ever prevent someone from getting their song on the radio *IF* their song was hot. Pharrell is over 40, Robin Thicke is old, Snoop is old, Eminem is old, Madonna is old and they get their songs played.

That said, Cher's new album sounds really, really dated. It's good she got this out of the way. From this point on, she should aim to release at least once a year. I would bet money that a good 3/5ths of the songs on this album are leftovers from Living Proof and Believe.

by Anonymousreply 1809/18/2013

What the hell are you babbling about, R18? There is not a top 40 programmer alive chomping at the bit to drop the latest Cher. I'll have what you're having only half as strong.

by Anonymousreply 1909/18/2013

[quote]She should have done a rock album. This dated dance music she's been doing since the late 90's is getting tiresome.

That's the music that's "in" again, hon.

by Anonymousreply 2009/18/2013

[quote]Honey, "Living Proof" was a smash hit compared to this shitty album. "The Music's No Good Without You" reached the Top 10 all over Europe and "Song For the Lonely" at least went to #85 in the US. "Woman's World" however bombed at #125 in the US and the only country it charted in was Belgium at a pathetic #42.

Um, I think you might want to rethink your argument.

CTTT has a lot of potential successful singles found on it. Shit that'll chart more than anything off "Living Proof." We live in an age of iTunes. If she wants to chart, she'll do it. She can't be releasing a song that was leaked a year ago, a song nobody liked. How could anyone expect that to chart? It didn't stand a chance. It did however go #1 on the Dance Charts, which everyone seems to make a big deal about.

You CAN'T sum up an album's success before it's even been released.

"Living Proof" bombed in terms of all its singles, and the album peaked in the US at #9. That's the only country it went top 10. In many territories the album didn't even chart. She had just come off the biggest album of her career, so she should have had an easy time getting a somewhat successful follow-up.

"Living Proof" spawned SIX singles. BOMB, BOMB, BOMB, BOMB, BOMB, BOMB. "The Music's No Good" only went top 10 in six countries.

"Living Proof" album peaks:

Austria - 19

Denmark - 38

France - 53

Germany - 13

Italy - 27

New Zealand - 26

Spain - 17

Sweden - 29

Switzerland - 16

UK - 46

United States - 9, 196 (Year end)

"Living Proof" was overproduced, and she paid dearly for it.

"Closer to the Truth" made her want to tour again, something she said she was through with.

by Anonymousreply 2109/18/2013

R21 If you think those sales are bad, wait until you see how bad this new album flops! At least Living Proof had a Top 10 single (The Music's No Good Without You) in several countries in Europe. Woman's World was such a flop it only charted in Belgium at an embarrassing #42.

Those are the FACTS. But keep telling yourself this flop will be a hit if it makes you feel better.

by Anonymousreply 2209/18/2013

the best songs on this album are the ballads. Check those out if you haven't. I'd skip the tedious auto-tuned dance music though.

by Anonymousreply 2309/18/2013

I Love it. She's been doing auto tune since 1998 (Believe) and it's kind of tired. Still, she sounds great. What a career.

by Anonymousreply 2409/18/2013

[quote]Honey, Diana Ross's last studio album was at 62 (I Love You-2006).

That doesn't really count - that was a covers album. I'm talking about an album of new ORIGINAL material.

by Anonymousreply 2509/18/2013

Although I like the ballads (Sirens, Lie to Me; I Hope You Find It) much better than the dance tracks, whoever wrote them seems to have been inspired by reading too much Wincest. In other words, even the ballads suck.

And finally, any last vestige of youth has now officially left Cher's voice.

She sounds old.

by Anonymousreply 2609/19/2013

Hey fucktards, no one cares about airplay anymore...

Well no one under 30 who matters. And no one under 30 pays for music either.

by Anonymousreply 2709/19/2013

I just listened to the entire thing. I was prepared to hate it, given the dated, Believe-esque opening strains. But it's really great. There's not one bad song on it. It's a really enjoyable pop record.

So, yay Cher!

by Anonymousreply 2809/19/2013

They polled Cher's fans and came up with a list of their top 10 favorite songs: Believe was no. 1.

by Anonymousreply 2909/19/2013

30 posts? That's it? Cher's ovah! Call it a career, babe.

by Anonymousreply 3009/20/2013

[quote]They polled Cher's fans and came up with a list of their top 10 favorite songs: Believe was no. 1.

That's funny considering she's really only had 10 memorable songs. Most of her music has always been filler, with occasional hits every now and then.

by Anonymousreply 3109/20/2013

This is Cher's best album, IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 3209/20/2013

[quote]This is Cher's best album, IMHO.

Bullshit. Anyone with ears knows this is the WORST album of her career (and I say that as a fan). Nice try at drumming up publicity though.

by Anonymousreply 3309/20/2013

Oh for christssakes, Cher could sing the goddamn phone book, and I'd still be crazy about her. Love Cher forever. Great voice. Great presence. Queen of the Universe.

by Anonymousreply 3409/20/2013

One of her best! Really impressed with the ballads and the sound of her voice. Anyone who hasn't followed her music over the years can't notice or appreciate the evolution and nuances of her rich contralto voice. Admittedly, the auto-tuned dance shit sucks but she shines on the ballads. Bullshitters here that start off saying they are fans and then bash her are so trite and lose all credibility. Check out Cher's overall career credentials and you just might see that she has nothing to prove sales wise and, aww, only 30 some posts on Datalounge makes her a failure? Bet she's losing sleep over this.

by Anonymousreply 3509/20/2013

I give Cher credit that her voice has been pretty consistent and lasted over her entire career. She doesn't sound that much older (I'm talking about the ballads without auto-tune).

Cher is still awesome, even if no one checks for this album when it's released.

by Anonymousreply 3609/20/2013

Her voice sounds great on the album but the songs suck.Overproduced dreck.

I would have killed if she had done a CD of ballads/torch songs. Her voice would have sang the hell out of them.

Not to mention there's a market for that stuff. Rod Stewart had a new career once he started singing the standards.

by Anonymousreply 3709/20/2013

[quote]I would have killed if she had done a CD of ballads/torch songs.

Yuck. Go away.

by Anonymousreply 3809/20/2013

Cher sounds great singing the ballad "I Hope You Find It." Beautiful song.

Sing more ballads, Cher!

by Anonymousreply 3909/20/2013

Cher herself has said she doesn't really like singing this kind of music (she'd rather sing rock) so I find it hard to enjoy it at all - she's just phoning it in. Still love her as a person, though...

by Anonymousreply 4009/20/2013

Is Cher still alive?

More embarrassing than Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 4109/20/2013

When should people just kill themselves, R41? When is one "too old"? Whatever you think will inevitably change once the bloom is off your rose, honey...

by Anonymousreply 4209/20/2013

R41 how is Cher "more embarrassing"? She's not running around trying to act 25 like Vadge is. You don't see Cher singing about "gang bang" or wearing grillzzz.

by Anonymousreply 4309/20/2013

"It's a Mans World, which was a criminally underrated album."

I so agree! Love practically every song, Love Is A Gunman being my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 4409/20/2013

Cher is going to perform today on The Today Show!

by Anonymousreply 4509/23/2013

Out tomorrow. Buy it y`all!

by Anonymousreply 4609/23/2013

R45

She's been battling bronchitis. I hope she can pull it off this am.

by Anonymousreply 4709/23/2013

[quote]Cher herself has said she doesn't really like singing this kind of music

Nope. She said this is the music she loves. This is her best work according to her. She said at her age and time in her career, to come up with something as great as this astounds her.

by Anonymousreply 4809/23/2013

[quote]Cher sounds great singing the ballad "I Hope You Find It." Beautiful song.

It's a Miley Cyrus cover.

by Anonymousreply 4909/23/2013

Oh the irony.

by Anonymousreply 5009/23/2013

R40 is correct. I heard her say this on OMG Isider, saying that she is "not a Cher fan." Although she also said that this is grwoing on her and she's becoming more comfortable with it. If Cher said this is her best album, keep in mind that she's also trying to sell it. Trust me, had "Believe" been a country song and huge on the country chart she'd be recording nothing but country now. Her recording career has always been dictated by whatever's been trending at that momemt in time.

by Anonymousreply 5109/23/2013

R51

Her voice is in great shape. Maybe the best shape of her career.

I just wish she was singing standards and torch songs.

Instead of another tour I wish she'd do a one woman show a la Lena Horne's Broadway show. Cher's probably the age Lena was when she did it.

by Anonymousreply 5209/23/2013

Cher looks supreme on Today. So why she chose the shot for the album's cover is still boggling. Cher as a blond dilutes her edge. Cher as a brunette cements her authority as...well. Cher.

by Anonymousreply 5309/23/2013

R3

She has the most gorgeous soulful eyes. They are lost when she's a blonde

by Anonymousreply 5409/23/2013

Girl did a pretty good job singing live today despite the bronchitis.

by Anonymousreply 5509/23/2013

[quote] Her voice is in great shape. Maybe the best shape of her career.

How could you possibly tell? She's been Autotuned to the point of unrecognizability.

by Anonymousreply 5609/23/2013

[quote]Most artists don't release studio albums after 70

I beg your pardon.

by Anonymousreply 5709/23/2013

R52 that would be boring as fuck. The standards and musical route is so tired.

Cher performed pretty well, given that her voice wasn't 100%.

by Anonymousreply 5809/23/2013

I thought Cher retired and gave a 'farewell tour'.

Now she's due to appear in Minneapolis giving a concert at a big arena.

ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 5909/23/2013

Cher recorded an album? Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 6009/23/2013

R59

Ridiculous ? No one is forcing you to go.

She'll have plenty of fans who want to be there.

by Anonymousreply 6109/23/2013

Just because Cher said it was her Farewell Tour and people like you, r59, would love for her to retire when she said she would, that doesn't mean she can't change her mind. Why would you give a shit? Ridiculous! There are a lot of fans who are very glad she didn't stop touring and recording. I am one of them.

by Anonymousreply 6209/24/2013

[quote]How could you possibly tell? She's been Autotuned to the point of unrecognizability.

Is that a word, and no, she's not all autotuned. Most of the album has no autotune.

by Anonymousreply 6309/24/2013

R62. Right on. Never stop, Cher. Come back as many times as you want.

by Anonymousreply 6409/24/2013

#3 on iTunes in the US right now.

by Anonymousreply 6509/24/2013

I just got my copy today, I've always been a huge fan of her upbeat dance numbers so I'm loving the first half of the album in particular. Take it like a man and Dressed to Kill are awesome. Haven't listened to the last half properly.

Am dying to see her life, but do you think she'll be lifeless on stage? I mean I know she is 67 years old so she won't be doing much but she hardly moves at all compared to her Farewell Tour :(

by Anonymousreply 6609/24/2013

Cher will be on Letterman tonight. She'll be my only reason to watch that piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 6709/24/2013

WHy does Cher wear blonde wigs that clash with her skin tone? If she wants to look young, she should wear an ombre wig.

by Anonymousreply 6809/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.