Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Preppy Killer Robert Chambers

Anyone know or knew him in NYC? He was so hot!

by Anonymousreply 5809/21/2013

Or Philip Markoff, or Joran Van Der Sloot? Anyone ever met them?

by Anonymousreply 109/18/2013

Chambers is way hotter

by Anonymousreply 209/18/2013

No photos?

by Anonymousreply 409/18/2013

He really is a douche. Murder aside everything I've ever read about him just makes him seem like such a junkie tool. His poor mom, she tried so hard.

by Anonymousreply 509/18/2013

He's like Elvis reincarnated as an NYC sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 609/18/2013

Yes, OP. Despicable sociopaths who murder innocent girls are SO SEXY! You don't have a completely distorted vision of reality, and your taste in men is GREAT!

Now, go write a love letter to Charles Manson. If you send him enough money, he might fall in love with you and do what a sane person would never do: marry you!

by Anonymousreply 709/18/2013

What, R7? Killers can't be attractive?

by Anonymousreply 809/18/2013

Oh, R8/Mr Bundy, of course they can! As long as they don't have malicious monkey eyes and a horrid unibrow like yourself. However, I am sure that the tan you got after you (deservedly) fried in the electric chair, made you sexier than all your poor, innocent victims put together.

Now, excuse me while I go to vomit. Eroticizing degenerate monsters has upset my stomach just a tiny bit.

by Anonymousreply 909/18/2013

r7, get a real pussy

by Anonymousreply 1009/18/2013

He was good-looking for a killer, which really isn't saying much.

Aside from that, girls were attracted to him because he was a "bad boy." He flunked in school, he was a thief, he came from a "poor" background...he was forbidden fruit. The girl he killed found him irresistible. They had a sexual encounter and she was hot for another one. She came up to him in a bar and said to him "you were the best sex I ever had." To which he reportedly replied "you shouldn't have told me that." I guess her aggressiveness made him uncomfortable. At any rate, they did hook up again and she ended up dead. My guess is that they had an argument that escalated into violence. Happens all the time.

I heard he got out of jail, then fucked up and got arrested again. Is he still in jail? He's such a fucked up guy. He was born to be in prison.

by Anonymousreply 1109/18/2013

from what I heard, Jennifer Levin was a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 1209/18/2013

Really, r12, because from all accounts levin was a nice girl, but boy crazy!

Chambers was lacking in social conscience

by Anonymousreply 1309/18/2013

All the girls want to know!

by Anonymousreply 1509/18/2013

I heard Jennifer Levin described as a "frenetic party girl." She probably was. Neither she nor Chambers were particularly admirable human beings.

by Anonymousreply 1609/18/2013

He was really pudgy.

by Anonymousreply 1709/19/2013

So he's in prison for the next 14 yrs or so per Wiki for drug charges.

by Anonymousreply 1809/19/2013

Her mother was interviewed on Larry King years ago and tried to justify her daughter's slutty behavior.

by Anonymousreply 1909/19/2013

His mother was a nurse for the Cardinal, as I recall. Very Irish she was; her connections with the church, and his looks helped a lot.

In today's competitive environment he would be going to some school in Staten Island, at best.

But it was THE tabloid story when I was growing up in NYC - Jewish girls were VERY promiscuous back then, and the now-faded 3rd Avenue Bar scene was huge. Jewish girls made the headlines a lot back then too. Remember Alison Gertz who made the mistake of sleeping with an HIV+ bartender?

These days, due to the internet and rising NYC real estate prices, all of the trashy stories have much less glamour, since they all emanate from Florida or Oklahoma where the poor reside.

by Anonymousreply 2009/19/2013

Why does slutty behavior need to be justified?

I remember this story, but I was fairly young when it happened so didn't pay much attention. Sounds similar to the plot of Looking for Mr. Goodbar.

by Anonymousreply 2109/19/2013

Rob Chambers is pudgy and gray now.

by Anonymousreply 2209/19/2013

There ain't no motive for this crime

by Anonymousreply 2309/19/2013

I guess the idea of being a virgin when they got married was too much for some of them, R20?

by Anonymousreply 2409/19/2013

by Anonymousreply 2509/19/2013

He squandered all his mother tried to do for him. Dumb ass.

by Anonymousreply 2609/19/2013

R11, she said while he was with his girlfriend when Levin came up to him. The girlfriend stormed out of the bar. Supposedly, they went to the park to have sex and she went to pee or something, when she came back, he was rifling through her bag trying steal. That's when he strangled her. He used to burglarize apartments with an accomplice too. He was real trash, who squandered great opportunites.

by Anonymousreply 2709/19/2013

Van der Sloot has a micro penis. Like Jon Gosselin. 4" hard if he's lucky. That's probably behind the rage he has. I bet those girls laughed at it or something.

by Anonymousreply 2809/19/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2909/19/2013

In the TV movie William Baldwin played Robert Chambers, Lara Flynn Boyle played Jennifer Levin and Sandy Bullock played Jennifer's best friend.

Joanna Kerns played Linda Fairstein, prosecutor turned Crime novelist.

by Anonymousreply 3009/19/2013

[quote] Or Philip Markoff.

I went to college with Phillip. He lived near me. I didn't really interact a ton with him, but friends I know did and said he was a quiet, normal guy.

by Anonymousreply 3109/19/2013

Thanks, R29. I missed that thread entirely.

by Anonymousreply 3209/19/2013

R31 u never got the gay vibe from him?

He was into crossdressers.

by Anonymousreply 3309/19/2013

r31, most serial killers are, no? Else they'd get caught post-haste.

And Ted Bundy was NOT handsome! He was rat-faced.

by Anonymousreply 3409/19/2013

The name Phillip Markoff rang a bell, but couldn't place it. He's the Craigslist killer from Boston. I checked Wiki. Had no idea he killed himself.

by Anonymousreply 3509/19/2013

"And Ted Bundy was NOT handsome! He was rat-faced."

Ted Bundy's appearance could change dramatically. In some of his pictures he does look what some people would consider handsome. In others he looks like a creep. That was one of the traits that made him such a successful serial killer: his ability to change his looks and demeanor to suit the situation.

by Anonymousreply 3609/19/2013

Yeah R35, he wrote a 'suicide note' of sorts in his own blood on the wall.

Was anyone on DL one of the guys that he hooked up with on Craigslist? Didn't he like to be the sub when he was with a guy?

Scott Peterson was a sub when he was with a guy too, I think?

by Anonymousreply 3709/19/2013

Ugh. Lantern-jawed scum. He looks like he could be Jay Leno's son.

by Anonymousreply 3809/19/2013

[quote]Scott Peterson was a sub when he was with a guy too, I think?

What? Scott Peterson doesn't seem gay. He even killed his wife & child just so that he could be with his mistress he was so desperate for pussy.

by Anonymousreply 3909/19/2013

Don't you think it would be fun being Robert Chambers' cell mate in prison? Drugs, sex, BFF stuff and all that?

by Anonymousreply 4009/20/2013

Yes the 3d avenue snd yorkville bar scenes were toxic back then. Pickup places like pedros where chambers and Levin used to hang beat any cruise gay bar. Money and greed fueled the couplings. Obnoxiously frat and prep boys and hard fast cunts like levin abounded. He was poor cute Irish boy from the wrong side of Lexington avenue hanging out with rich Jewish girls. It had to end badly.

by Anonymousreply 4109/20/2013

Yeesh, R14, you remember that too? I think Robert Chambers' problems all stem from the fact that he's dumb as shit.

by Anonymousreply 4209/20/2013

What's the significance of "my name is....."?

by Anonymousreply 4309/20/2013

[all posts by flame bait troll #11 removed (violent racist homophobic right-wing misogynist), ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 4409/20/2013

[quote]He was poor cute Irish boy from the wrong side of Lexington avenue hanging out with rich Jewish girls. It had to end badly.

What were these Jewish girls thinking? Why were they having sex outside of marriage and why were they not involved with respectable Jewish guys instead?

by Anonymousreply 4609/20/2013

He was not pudgy if i recall the police tape where he took off his shirt to show where Jennifer scratched him. His face could look pudgy due to tragic Jay Leno chin.

by Anonymousreply 4709/20/2013

Robert's father owned a restaurant on Broadway near Ninth Street that had an enclosed dining area on the sidewalk, now a Chase Bank, minus enclosure.

by Anonymousreply 4809/20/2013

Thanks, R45.

I'm curious how someone from more modest means became involved with the rich crowd. Or how his mom managed to get him into exclusive private schools when he wasn't terribly bright.

by Anonymousreply 4909/20/2013

The school Jennifer Levin went to was for dumbass rich kids. You had to "have a learning disability" to go there.

by Anonymousreply 5009/20/2013

Robert lived on East 90th ST in the upper east side. His mother was a conniver and user. His dad did not own anything!

by Anonymousreply 5109/20/2013

[quote]I'm curious how someone from more modest means became involved with the rich crowd.

People like to play with pretty things that know how to throw a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 5209/20/2013

His mom used her Irish brogue and devout Catholic ways along with charm to get him into the best schools. She had connections where she was able to move to the upper east side.

by Anonymousreply 5309/20/2013

Who knew that one of the bitchy blonde mommies on "Old Christine" was a Chambers' last girlfriend before he killed Levin?

by Anonymousreply 5409/20/2013

[quote] He was poor cute Irish boy from the wrong side of Lexington

Actually, he lived off of 5th Ave.

His mother should have sent him to Xavier. He'd have been a lot better off. He drank because he didn't fit in with the wealthy kids and he dealt drugs for pocket money, since he didn't have any.

by Anonymousreply 5509/21/2013

[quote] Yes the 3d avenue snd yorkville bar scenes

Funny, I lived in that neighborhood at the time. The Third Ave Bar Crawl kept us awake all night with the whooping and screaming of drunk kids.

Today, there aren't any bars left on Third Ave. The buildings the bars were in have been torn down and replaced with luxury high rises and it's all CVS and Duane Reade now.

by Anonymousreply 5609/21/2013

His mother is dead now. I don't think he has any family to visit him in jail.

by Anonymousreply 5709/21/2013

[all posts by flame bait troll #11 removed (violent racist homophobic right-wing misogynist), ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 5809/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!