Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Everybody loves Raymond

I watched the complete first season on DVD a couple of days ago and I think it was one of the best sitcom we ever had. Great actors, great chemistry, funny storylines and Ray Romano, for an untrained actor, had great timing.

by Anonymousreply 6609/21/2013

Patricia Heaton.

by Anonymousreply 209/18/2013

Ray is your cousin or your ex-boyfriend or both?

by Anonymousreply 309/18/2013

Goes crazy,that is.

by Anonymousreply 409/18/2013

OP did this so he'd have something to share in "Threads You Regret Posting"

by Anonymousreply 509/18/2013

I could never watch it. There was too much yelling. It made me anxious.

by Anonymousreply 609/18/2013

You should watch the documentary Exporting Raymond

by Anonymousreply 709/18/2013

Some of you have such awful taste.

by Anonymousreply 809/18/2013

And 'good taste' would be what ? Friends or The Golden Girls ?

by Anonymousreply 909/18/2013

Patricia and Doris being bitches to each other behind the scenes was much funnier than anything in the script.

by Anonymousreply 1009/18/2013

I found the show much more funny and believable than The Golden Girls where the show was more plot driven than character driven.

by Anonymousreply 1509/18/2013

Yada yada yada,blah blah blah ,the thing the thing the thing.

by Anonymousreply 1709/18/2013

Marie's vagina sculpture.

by Anonymousreply 2009/18/2013

I'm retired now, but when I worked as a nurse in a long term health care facility, Raymond was one of my patient's favorite shows. It was unusual because most of them didn't really care about watching television unless it was something like ice skating or a movie with a lot of noise and action. They also liked The Family Guy. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 2309/18/2013

The show is good, and the cast is perfect, but sometimes I wanted to shout at the TV, "Just stop fighting and get a divorce already!"

by Anonymousreply 2409/18/2013

Beyond a certain point, I'm not sure you can learning timing in classes.

by Anonymousreply 2509/18/2013

I liked Patricia Heaton's character early on, but as the show went on she was written as always bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 2609/18/2013

I'm sorry but I hate this show. I hate big time Raymond who is a complete asshole to his wife to the point I don't think it's funny. Raymond's father is a major jackass! I love Patricia Heaton in general,Doris Roberts as well. But I'm sorry, I think this whole show is too depressing to watch because it's a depressing show,which mainly Frau Oprah worshipers ,and their lazy boy sitting, beer drinking, husbands who don't care about current affairs ,but just sports love a lot.

BTW, is it true Brad Garrett is gay in real life?

by Anonymousreply 2809/18/2013

Yes,he is.

by Anonymousreply 2909/18/2013

I thought Brad was married with kids and the whole bit?

by Anonymousreply 3009/18/2013

Stop sniffing glue r16, it kills!

by Anonymousreply 3109/18/2013

R35 Too bad, because "The Middle" is pretty good. Especially the daughter.

by Anonymousreply 3609/18/2013

I fucking hated it. Ugh. It destroyed my faith in humanity that this shrill, horrible show was so popular.

by Anonymousreply 3909/18/2013

The show needed more anal

by Anonymousreply 4109/18/2013

I'm laughing more at this thread than I ever did at the show.

by Anonymousreply 4209/18/2013

My father passed away recently and my mother says that Deborah trying to get the Thanksgiving turkey in the oven made him laugh every time.

by Anonymousreply 4509/19/2013

Certainly proof of the show's "brilliance" r47..

by Anonymousreply 4809/19/2013

Patricia Heaton is excellent. Ray whining got on my nerves.

by Anonymousreply 5109/19/2013

Ironically, the posts of the troll at R53, R55, R57 appears to be kind of a vile human herself.

by Anonymousreply 5909/19/2013

[quote] I'm retired now, but when I worked as a nurse in a long term health care facility, Raymond was one of my patient's favorite shows

Years ago my Grandmother was in the hospital for two weeks. I would go visit her after work almost every day. I would go about 7 PM. The local tv channel aired two episodes of ELR from 7 - 8 PM. Every time I went down the long hallway all I heard was loud laughing from almost every room. They were all watching ELR

by Anonymousreply 6009/20/2013

Such a response proves yours r48.

by Anonymousreply 6109/21/2013

I like that, for the most part, it wasn't kid centric. Hell for like the last two seasons they didn't even hire the twins back. They showed Allie maybe three times.

I did however like Frank's running gag that one of the twins was gay. That he could already tell he was a "little light in the loafers so to speak". Then everyone would get mad at him and he'd take their anger as being homophobic and get upset. It was pretty funny.

The one I just watched was also one of the best. When Debra works at the lodge for a little while and she finds out they only hired her to oggle her. I loved when Marie confronts Ray about it with her friends. "I'll handle this Harriet", "perhaps, Harriet, you'd be better off waiting in the car".

by Anonymousreply 6209/21/2013

One of the sweetest, funniest sit com episodes ever in my opinion, is the ELR where they invite Frank's Aunt Zorina from Italy to visit. Although she speaks not a word of English, they are utterly charmed by her, and she transforms them into a grateful loving family with her warmth and humor.

Of course, it is revealed they have the wrong person, who isn't related to them at all, and is actually related to another clan of Barones, who inform them that all other Barones are actually just name-changers from Ellis Island officials, and are completelyinauthentic!

Robert ends the episode by frantically screaming, "Then WHO THE HELL ARE WE??"

Gets me every time.

by Anonymousreply 6309/21/2013

The "Fruit of the Month" episode is the pilot. Note the twins have different names, and Marie's kitchen is totally different, but already the cast is seamless with fully-developed characters.

by Anonymousreply 6409/21/2013

I watched a few episodes, based on this thread. I didn't see the show while it ran. It's actually pretty funny. There are many throw-away lines that made me laugh out loud.

Thanks for the recommendation, OP.

by Anonymousreply 6509/21/2013

Frank to Marie`Hey,good lookin`!` ROFL.

by Anonymousreply 6609/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!