Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gwyneth sensitively talks about sex addiction, the subject of her new movie, with Chelsea Handler

Gwyneth Paltrow took a break from throwing garden parties and working out to stop by "Chelsea Lately" on Monday night in promotion for her new movie "Thanks For Sharing," which deals with sex addiction.

It was a topic the show's host, Chelsea Handler, had to discuss, teasing the 40-year-old actress that she suffers from the affliction. "Let's talk about sex addiction. I know that you are addicted to sex. Do you want to elaborate on that?" Handler jokingly asked Paltrow, who fired back:

“Well, basically I was a really normal person, and then I started hanging out with you all the time.”

Oh yes, it's that biting sense of humor that keeps Paltrow's marriage to her husband of 10 years, Chris Martin, going. Paltrow recently told Marie Claire Australia, “One of the things that unites us the most is that we always laugh at the same jokes.”

by Anonymousreply 2809/26/2013

What a humorless bore.

No wonder Madonna dumped her. Probably got tired of Gwyneth always talking about herself.

by Anonymousreply 109/18/2013

Sex addiction? Isn't she the one who claimed that British guys wouldn't hit on her? It seems that the only type of affliction Doriana Gray is addicted to is self-adoration.

by Anonymousreply 209/18/2013

I really feel bad for Gwyneth Paltrow. Smoke blown up her ass by her parents and magazine editors back in the day. Her old mother got too comfortable with the old days of celebrity propaganda and continued on this path by claiming that Gwyneth actually played harpsichord on a soundtrack to an old Merchant Ivory film. Of course, she didn't. Blythe is quoted as saying that Gwyneth didn't need and wouldn't take music lessons. Would toss the sheet music aside and was born gifted. We then find out Paltrow couldn't learn the guitar for Cuntry Strong so they ended up ditching the prop because she didn't have the ability to even fake it. For years, Blythe Danner avoided Danner ancestry threads because nobody could link her to the aristocrats she claimed to be descended from. Descended from housemaids is the real truth and never made A list and uses the excuse of raising Gwyneth and her brother when her history tells a story of relentless failures during this time. That's where Gwyneth gets her delusional attitude. The invention of the internet has taught her what we all really feel about her and that just makes her try even harder while secretly being deeply hurt by the criticisms. What a transparent fool she is.

by Anonymousreply 309/18/2013

Who is Chelsea Handler related to? She has to be related to someone in the business who gave her a job through nepotism because she is plainly talent-free.

by Anonymousreply 409/18/2013

It's interesting though, r4. Everyone wants to be friends with her and brags about hanging out with her when they come to her show. I don't even watch her show, I'm only familiar with this phenomenon via gossip. I know some of it is publicity, but if Hollywood was high school, it seems like she'd be the most popular girl in school.

by Anonymousreply 509/18/2013

What's the status of her marriage? I've read some rumors.

by Anonymousreply 609/18/2013

There was always something creepy about Blythe Danner. Those super-round eyes and that gravelly smokers voice. Yuk.

by Anonymousreply 709/18/2013

I feel bad for Gwyneth because she really wanted to have kids with Brad Pitt or the Spanish prince, not Chris Martin. As a result she spawned a daughter with a big, crossed eye. Even after surgery and some age, you can't NOT see it once you see it.You just know this is killing her secretly. It's a Paltrow -known genetic disorder.

by Anonymousreply 809/18/2013

She said she wants Chick-Fil-A for her birthday.

by Anonymousreply 909/18/2013

Thank you for posting this, OP. Another thread about DL fave Gwyneth Paltrow is just what we need.

by Anonymousreply 1009/18/2013

Chelsea Handler tried to get sympathy claiming she always "felt like an outsider" because she lived in a nice Jewish neighborhood with lots of Mercedes and Jaguars, and there she was driving a Pinto.

But she forgot to mention her family had a summer house in Martha's Vineyard.

by Anonymousreply 1109/18/2013

Every woman wants to be Chelsea's friend because she's the only straight woman with a talk show and, Chelsea trashes a lot of people in her act so they want to stay on her "good side".

HW IS a HS imho.

by Anonymousreply 1209/18/2013

R11 And that Chelsea's mother was a German Mormon!Oh Chelsea and Gwennie bonded over their German grandmas. I think Gwennie called her "Muti" a cunt? It takes one to know one I guess....

Clesea was fucking her old boss at E!. He was literally much older than she was. Then again with the way that Chelsea's face is holding up she is starting to look like a "Muti" type herself.

by Anonymousreply 1309/18/2013

[quote]Chelsea Handler tried to get sympathy claiming she always "felt like an outsider" because she lived in a nice Jewish neighborhood with lots of Mercedes and Jaguars, and there she was driving a Pinto.

Damn. Life's a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1409/18/2013

No r13, Chelsea's m & gm were Jewish, not Mormon, I saw that interview with both of them. Gwyneth's mother is not Jewish but Gwyneth's father's mother (GP's gm) was also German & Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 1509/18/2013

R15 No. Chelsea's maternal grandfather was German he served in the German Army during World War II and served in a prisoner of war camp here in America.Chelsea's mother family is from Germany and lived at home during the war.As they weren't Jewish they weren't deported to a concentration camp to do hard labor and then be murdered. After serving as a POW in America, her German grandpa went back to Germany and collected his wife and kids and they moved to the US. And Chelsea's mom was Mormon as is one of Chelsea's sisters.

Once again, Chelsea and Gwen were talking about their German grandmothers. Chelsea had a maternal German grand mother and so did Gwen.

by Anonymousreply 1609/18/2013

So now we have to hate Blythe Danner, too?

by Anonymousreply 1709/18/2013

Oh, come on, Apple is pretty. Looks more like blythe than Gwyneth.

by Anonymousreply 1809/18/2013

They should take their schtick on a roadshow.

"Cuntz-a-Poppin!"

by Anonymousreply 1909/18/2013

She's Supercuntifragilisticexpialatrocious!

by Anonymousreply 2009/18/2013

R3 = Betty Buckley, still feeling betrayed.

by Anonymousreply 2109/18/2013

r16 but, Chelsea's father IS 100% Jewish, Chelsea was raised Jewish & considers herself Jewish.

Which is like Gwyneth. But Gwyneth is not really liked by Jews as much as Chelsea, Gwyneth is horrific, Chelsea is much more likable.

This is o/t but Hitler's bodyguard was married to a Jewish woman!!! And she wasn't placed in the camps, I just found this out the other day, his daughter found it out through her gm. Fascinating, no?

by Anonymousreply 2209/18/2013

I think Gwyneth is trolling everyone with her goop crap.

by Anonymousreply 2309/18/2013

Hooray, now we'll be treated to their public and intense narcisstic best friendship. Until it explodes.

by Anonymousreply 2409/18/2013

It was rumored she had was having sex with Mario Batalli throughout their TV series on Spanish food.

by Anonymousreply 2509/19/2013

Yeah I've mentioned that before. Can you imagine fat Mario humping skinny little Gwennie? I love it!

R22 BTW Chelsea was very close to the German side of her family. She has very fond memories of her German grandpa.She was raised Jewish but loved the German Mormon/Christian/Hitler Army serving part of her family. She was taken aback at how her family starved during World War II. It was something that wasn't really talked about because Grandpa fought in Hitler's Army. When Chelsea found out about her mom's family's experiences during the war she was very humbled and moved.Can you imagine the can of worms that would have opened with all her Jewish neighbors and friends? Anyway, Chelsea's sister ended up as a devout Mormon in the end. Chelsea chose the to spin dreidel(in her own words) and her sister chose polygamy!;)

by Anonymousreply 2609/19/2013

I hate to say it, but some of GOOP's recipes are very good. I've been eating her tuna tomato and black bean and corn bowls for lunch this week - delicious, healthy, cheap and filling.

Of course, she's full of shit and the rest of that site seems like a massive troll.

by Anonymousreply 2709/19/2013

r26 I think Gwyneth comes off as very very WASP-y to me, not Jewish, hence GP not being popular with Jews.

Chelsea seems like another Jewish girl to me, droll sense of humor, likable, sarcastic to the point of no return, doesn't take herself seriously.

GP OTOH, seems to, as another person said on the thread "blow smoke up her behind", IOW, act like her shit don't stink and we all know she is just deplorable.

And none of the people at GP's party were Jewish, either. 1/2 Jewish - Stella, SJP. None of them were raised Jewish, including GP. There weren't any people of color at the party either - so much for GP's friendship with Beyonce and Jay-Z. I think their "friendship" is over.

Chelsea is a cat of a different color, literally and figuratively.

by Anonymousreply 2809/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.