Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jenny McCarthy on the View

It's not working out.

by Anonymousreply 9610/03/2013

The View co-hosts have been stupid, overbearing, obnoxious, self-righteous, boring and out of touch, but The View hasn't had skanky and crass until McCarthy.

by Anonymousreply 109/17/2013

I don't watch it. What is she doing wrong?

by Anonymousreply 209/17/2013

The should change the name of the show to "View from the irrelevant"

by Anonymousreply 309/17/2013

As I said years ago, "Apres moi, le deluge."

by Anonymousreply 409/17/2013

She's boring.

by Anonymousreply 509/17/2013

Of course it's not working out for viewing by sane people. No doubt she'll be there for at least five years.

by Anonymousreply 609/17/2013

She actually barely speaks. She seems totally uncomfortable, which is odd since she has been promoted as being the "wacky" addition to the show.

by Anonymousreply 709/17/2013

I couldn't take listening to her Valley Girl accent every day. Isn't her current boyfriend, Donnie Wahlberg, a married man? Also, the skanky E-cigarette commercial doesn't do her image any favors. You know what I'm sayin'?

by Anonymousreply 809/17/2013

I agree w/ OP and R7. I think she's trying so hard not to be crass and crude that she's coming off as just boring. She seems to be minding her P's ans Q's just a little too much. They should ask Liza Minelli. She'd be a scream.

by Anonymousreply 909/17/2013

The fast friendship between Jenny and Sheri seems forced.

But I do enjoy how Sheri looks like a scolded dog when Barbara is there and she stops Sheri from talking over her.

by Anonymousreply 1009/21/2013

The dancing and the playing of "American Girl" at the beginning is maddening. The other day it took 4 minutes before they actually started a topic.

by Anonymousreply 1109/21/2013

[quote]I couldn't take listening to her Valley Girl accent every day. Isn't her current boyfriend, Donnie Wahlberg, a married man? Also, the skanky E-cigarette commercial doesn't do her image any favors. You know what I'm sayin'?

That ain't valley Girl, it's Shitcago.

by Anonymousreply 1209/21/2013

The Year of Barbara!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1309/21/2013

Wahlberg got divorced in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 1409/21/2013

What else is she doing? lol I saw the clip when Donnie was on and she was flirting throughout the segment and acting like a school-age girl with her first crush. It was desperate and embarrassing. I don't see how anyone can take her seriously on any topic of depth.

by Anonymousreply 1509/22/2013

MCCarthy is is Whoopi's boredom, Sheri's overcompensating happiness and Barbara's senility that are awful. (Barbara announced Katie Couric's boyfriend "came out" then had to backtrack meaning not that the audience snickered.)

by Anonymousreply 1609/22/2013

The View women know nothin' 'bout nothin'.

by Anonymousreply 1709/22/2013

When Barbara retires in 2014, the show will be cancelled. It's already been discussed in the halls at ABC. We've already heard about it on the local level. No word yet on what ABC intends to replace it with.

by Anonymousreply 1809/22/2013

It should be cancelled. It has been shit for years and years. Those annoying, braying, cackling cows always talking over each other. You can't hear anything they say and you wouldn't care if you could. Who respects anything THOSE women have to say about anything? Everyone has an opinion about pop culture and politics and current events. Why is it interesting to watch a bunch of entitled, out- of- touch celebutard bitches prattle on about such things?

And I don't think Baba Wawa is all that senile, just past her relevancy/sell by date. Her measured cadence and attempts to be diplomatic all the damn time are annoying, as if she is the keeper of the flame for the journalistic integrity of Edward R. Murrow. She wants to be all things dignified and respectful but her highness' career belies that.

by Anonymousreply 1909/22/2013

I've only seen a few minutes of it this season. When Joy announced she was leaving, my thought was, the show is dead. I had already stopped watching it because I couldn't stand Sherri. Don't know much about Jenny, but I still hate Sherri more. Where in the world does that woman get the idea that she's relevant to the world?

by Anonymousreply 2009/22/2013

The loss of Joy is greater than I ever dreamed. I miss her at the Hot Topics. She is needed there the most.

Joy also had a very good interplay with the guests on the sofa.

Over the years Jenny was a good substitute co-host but now that she has the gig she is very dull and quiet.

by Anonymousreply 2109/22/2013

I thought when Rosie was on it was good. She brought real politics into the discussion, not the sanitized corporate-approved political discussion.

by Anonymousreply 2309/22/2013

I liked The View when Meredith,Joy and Lisa Ling were on.

I also liked the Rosie years.

by Anonymousreply 2409/22/2013

The two biggest mistakes the view made was when Merideth Viera left and they booted Star Jones. As much as everyone hated Star Jones the more I liked to watch. She was a bitch but she knew her stuff on legal matters. That's why people tuned in, they loved to hate her. That showed how out of touch Barbara Walters is.

by Anonymousreply 2509/22/2013

It makes me sad to think of The View not being around because, at times, it has been very good over the years. Why does ABC seem intent to stub out all political talk on the show? Ratings were through the roof when Rosie and Elizabeth were sparring over politics.

The Talk is literally eating their lunch, so I see Jenny as an attempt to catch up with CBS. Which is the totally wrong track for the show.

by Anonymousreply 2609/22/2013

It was Meredith's decision to leave. They offered her mega bucks to stay but she felt she was needed at home.

Her husband is ill and she wanted to be home with the kids before they moved on to college.

by Anonymousreply 2709/22/2013

When The View is good I prefer it way more than The Talk.

The Talk doesn't do politics or harder edged hot topics. Also, everyone seems to be on a perpetual lovefest on The Talk's panel.

by Anonymousreply 2809/22/2013

Wrong, R27. Meredith left to take Katie Couric's spot as co-host on TODAY - a BIG jump in salary and prestige.

She left TODAY to take care of her ill husband...

by Anonymousreply 2909/22/2013

R26 all media outlets have been instructed to act as if there arent ongoing wars so what really is there to politically debate?. Plus the views audience is largely democratic so they cant upset them.

by Anonymousreply 3009/22/2013

Joy, Rosie and Elizabeth were basically the same.

Different ends of the political spectrum - but little respect for the facts or rational thought.

by Anonymousreply 3109/22/2013

[quote]I couldn't stand Sherri. Don't know much about Jenny, but I still hate Sherri more. Where in the world does that woman get the idea that she's relevant to the world?

This x 1,000,000. I never knew who this stupid woman was, and then one day she talked about how she used to work at Marshall's. Bitch, no wonder I've never heard of you before! You're a nobody! How the hell did this retail worker end up on the show?

by Anonymousreply 3209/22/2013

R31 rosie had rational thought just not on gun control.

Liz and Joy stayed between party lines. Rosie thought for herself.

by Anonymousreply 3309/22/2013

They had a shot at Sheryl Underwood, but thought she was too similar to Joy.

They decided to go with Sherri

They need to wipe the slate clean and start brand new.

Meredith-Star-Joy was the best, bar none.

In the beginning they mixed and matched different groups of women at the auditions, and they need to do the same again to come up with a brand new panel.

by Anonymousreply 3409/22/2013

Rosie told the truth about isarel on her radio show and the truth about 9/11 on The View.theres no way shes brainwashed like Joy.

by Anonymousreply 3509/22/2013

Joy is a well-educated and independent thinker. She's come to her political and social positions through her own thinking, education, and analysis. In no way is she brainwashed.

by Anonymousreply 3609/22/2013

I think it's telling that McCarthy hasn't been added to the View's co-host page. Joy is still there.

by Anonymousreply 3809/22/2013

Joy is educated but she's not that smart. Even when I agreed with her on certain things, her "points" were often idiotic. She like Elizabeth, always wanted to defend "the party". Rosie is interesting but stupid.

by Anonymousreply 3909/22/2013

R38 That's what pissed me off about Joy. She used to be a school teacher and should have known better and called Rosie out on that idiotic statement.

by Anonymousreply 4209/22/2013

r43, where did Rosie ever claim fire can't melt steel? She might have said the temperatures office fires in WTC7 couldn't melt steel.

Why didn't the CCTV tower come down? It burned hotter and longer and the steel frame remained intact.

by Anonymousreply 4309/22/2013

The frau audience is loving it. They get all the medical info from Jennie and Suzanne Somers. They LOVE both of them. They'll be having Suzanne as a guest doctor on The View often.

by Anonymousreply 4409/22/2013

Pull it!

by Anonymousreply 4509/22/2013

I am unemployed and have watched in on occasion when they have a good guest. It has become unwatchable now.

Jenny adds nothing. Whoopi seems bored out of her mind. Barbara Walters is more strident than ever.

However the worst of all is Sherri's role seems to have increased tremendously. She is not as funny, smart, charming or likeable as Barbara and Bill Geddie seem to think.

by Anonymousreply 4609/22/2013

Hey R12, didn't they teach you how to spell in your poverty-stricken, backward-ass school district? Or did you flunk Geography?

by Anonymousreply 4709/22/2013

R44 Fast forward to about the 20 second mark.

I'm not going to argue with you about 9/11. Rosie was funny but she was an idiot for say the things she said and Joy was lame for not correcting her.

by Anonymousreply 4809/22/2013

Show has seemed rather blah the times I've caught it since Jenny joined.

Jenny isn't adding anything. And I agree, Whoopie seems rather bored too.

It's looking more and more like Joy was the glue that really held the show together.

by Anonymousreply 4909/22/2013

you must be joking r49. That fox news clip is proof of what again?

by Anonymousreply 5009/22/2013

Jenny thinks that she is well-read and an expert on autism, when she really is not.

The show should be canceled anyway. Sherri has never been stupider and Whoopi looks bloated and tired.

by Anonymousreply 5109/22/2013

There's something missing on the show and I wouldn't be surprised if it is cancelled after Barbara leaves. As much as I disliked Elizabeth, she, at least brought a distinct point of view. So did Joy Behar. Now that the two of them are gone, Whoopi looks bored, Barbara as slightly senile and Jenny and Sherry are nothing but silly BFF's.

by Anonymousreply 5209/22/2013

The show has been dumbed down. Whoopi acts so bored she is going to turn viewer off and they'll stop watching.

by Anonymousreply 5309/23/2013

A question: Are all of you people posting here about an afternoon TV show retired or just unemployed?

by Anonymousreply 5409/23/2013

"The Talk" overtook "The View," just as "The Voice" overtook "American Idol," and "X Factor." Time to clean house!

by Anonymousreply 5509/23/2013

[quote]A question: Are all of you people posting here about an afternoon TV show retired or just unemployed?

Dear r55,

they now have these machines where you cat watch TV any time of the day. They are called computers, dvrs,......catch up!!

by Anonymousreply 5609/23/2013

And these are the sort of programs you deem recordable and watchable later?

by Anonymousreply 5709/23/2013

Joy was always the best co-host on The View. I also liked Rosie O'Donnell a lot.

The current crop is just plain bad. Whoopi should really be much better than she is. She's much more talented than the lump on the log she's become. Sherri Shepherd is an idiot. Barbara is out of her element. Jenny doesn't belong there. She's a wiseass, and the show doesn't need one.

by Anonymousreply 5809/23/2013

why are you reading the thread r58, if you are so above it?

begone bitch scold

by Anonymousreply 5909/23/2013

I stopped watching after Star left. All her marriage talk was a slow motion train wreck I couldn't take my eyes off.

by Anonymousreply 6009/23/2013

DL was a fun place when Star and Al were getting married. The threads on here were hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 6109/23/2013

Not retired or unemployed. Some people work different shifts.

I'm a RN who works nights.

by Anonymousreply 6209/23/2013

I still loved the "ABC INTERN" who used to post about the goings on behind the scenes at The View. I don't really think Star Jones and her "potato-sized droppings" were the cause of the bathroom in her dressing room needing to be fixed, but there was something so believable about it. That and her beating her chest like a gorilla when she made a 'strident number 2 in the loo."

by Anonymousreply 6309/23/2013

^OH LAWD JESUS that's hilarious!!! Wish I'd have been on DL back then.

by Anonymousreply 6409/23/2013

My niece is autistic and my sister-in-law is a member of a bunch of Mom groups for it and gets a bit nutty on the subject so I understand about Jenny.

by Anonymousreply 6609/23/2013

You're as stupid as Jenny is, R66. She is a vaccine denier of the worst type. She has caused untold amounts of damage to children by her idiotic and WRONG insistence that vaccines cause autism. This has been disproved by actual scientists numerous times. You stupid fraus need to stop getting your medical info from idiots like Jenny and Suzanne Somers who, by the way, make millions of dollars off of dumb cunts like you, R66. Just keep buying their books full of dangerous medical lies you a'hole.

by Anonymousreply 6709/23/2013

ABC fucked up their replacements royally. I caught them a few times, and they seemed all wrong or dull... Strahan, meh Cedric The Entertainer, ghastly McCarthy, a non-entity

by Anonymousreply 6809/23/2013

R66/70...typical dumb frau who buys those idiotic books.

by Anonymousreply 7009/23/2013

R66 lol, you do know the same thing can be said to CO$ or Jonestown folks, yes you are stupid!

by Anonymousreply 7109/23/2013

[quote]Well, considering she has a son with it, she is more an expert than you.

I thought he was never officially diagnosed as autistic and furthermore, she says she cured him of it or something.

by Anonymousreply 7209/23/2013

Jenny McCarthy is no more knowledgeable about autism because she has an autistic son, than a religious nut espousing conversion therapy is knowledgeable about gays for having a "formerly" gay son.

by Anonymousreply 7309/23/2013

R75 must be a moron.

I liked DL when we flamed idiots until they left, knowing everything they said would be mocked mercilessly.

DL isn't a site for smart people anymore, so people like R66/R75 are here, where they used to be only on iVillage.

by Anonymousreply 7509/23/2013

[quote]I'd believe Jenny before I'd believe scientists who were hired by the vaccine manufacturers to "find" that vaccines are harmless.

You have that backwards, R77. It was the "researcher" who falsely put forward the claim that MMR vaccinations were dangerous who was fraudulent and compromised. He helped to harm the well-being of many as well as the sanity of the likes of McCarthy.

Please go back to iVillage or the Playboy advisory column or wherever the fuck you came from.

[quote]The MMR vaccine controversy centered around the 1998 publication of a fraudulent research paper in the medical journal The Lancet that lent support to the subsequently discredited theory that colitis and autism spectrum disorders could be caused by the combined measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine.[1] The media has been heavily criticized for its naive reporting and for lending undue credibility to the architect of the fraud, Andrew Wakefield.

[quote]Investigations by Sunday Times journalist Brian Deer revealed that Wakefield had multiple undeclared conflicts of interest,[2][3] had manipulated evidence,[4] and had broken other ethical codes. The Lancet paper was partially retracted in 2004 and fully retracted in 2010, and Wakefield was found guilty by the General Medical Council of serious professional misconduct in May 2010 and was struck off the Medical Register, meaning he could no longer practice as a doctor.[5] In 2011, Deer provided further information on Wakefield's improper research practices to the British medical journal, BMJ, which in a signed editorial described the original paper as fraudulent.[6][7] The scientific consensus is that no evidence links the vaccine to the development of autism, and that the vaccine's benefits greatly outweigh its risks.

by Anonymousreply 7709/23/2013

As someone crippled by an FDA-approved drug (that is still very much on the market & being given out like Skittles), I no longer trust ANYTHING that is pushed by conventional doctors and Big Pharma.

One strike and you're out with that shit.

by Anonymousreply 7809/23/2013

what drug r57? What happened?

by Anonymousreply 7909/23/2013

Cipro. I took it for a week and have been disabled for years now. Tore my body apart limb from limb. And I'm certainly not the only one, as I've since discovered thanks to the internet. Google brings up one nightmarish story after another from people who've lost their lives to these drugs, yet if you ask doctors they'll totally deny that this class of antibiotics could possibly do permanent harm to people (Cipro, Levaquin, Avelox...all poison capable of crippling).

by Anonymousreply 8009/23/2013

R64 the dressing rooms at that ABC studio DID NOT have private bathrooms.

So that ABC intern was obviously a fake.

by Anonymousreply 8109/23/2013

Sorry to hear r59. I hope you can recover.

I also had a bad reaction to an antibiotic, Biaxin. Gave me horrible insomnia/anxiety. I thought i was going insane, i felt like something happened to my brain. Doc said an antibiotic wouldn't do that. Turns out many other people did too.

by Anonymousreply 8209/23/2013

[quote] Tore my body apart limb from limb

And where are these torn off limbs today? Did you bury them in a half casket? Do children call you Stumpy?

by Anonymousreply 8309/23/2013

R69, Strahan has been a huge hit. The same cannot be said for Miss McCarthy.

by Anonymousreply 8409/23/2013

[quote] Well, considering she has a son with it, she is more an expert than you

Haven't you heard? Her son no longer has autism. She cured it. So why she continues to be anti-vaccine is a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 8509/23/2013

Wow if this is the best they can do with their own official ABC press release, the show is over:

“The View’s” Season 17 Premiere Week Sets a Near 7-Month High

in Women 18-49 and Women 25-54 and 5-Week High in Total Viewers"

A 5 week high in total viewers? So they did better than their month of August re-runs after all of the hype?

by Anonymousreply 8609/24/2013

Wouldn't it be cool if Joy, Merideth, Star, and Elisabeth started their own show?

by Anonymousreply 8709/24/2013

So why hasn't Jenny McCarthy received the Nobel prize for medicine? She's the first person to cure autism.

Or... maybe she isn't the "expert" on autism the iFrau villagers believe her to be because her son never had it in the first place.

The View deserves to die a slow death for hiring this horse's ass.

by Anonymousreply 8809/24/2013

I work nights and usually sleep till late afternoon but I woke up early with terrible heartburn so I turned on the television and this was on. The new set is bizarre. The photo montages of the four of them projected on large screens in the background is so tacky and distracting. Whoopie has gained another fifteen pounds and Babwa looks just as imperious and pissy as the last time I watched which was three years ago. Sherri sounds like an Amway hostess, so full of sicky sweetness and phony goodness. Christ. The biggest surprise was how ineffectual and almost catatonic Jenny McCarthy is on this show. I counted maybe ten words from her through out the whole show. She seems terrified of Barbara and it is telling that The Queen never looks at her. Sherri tried to bring Jenny into the conversation and she just looked down at her cheat cards and never said a word. The only real conversation she had was with Whoopie when they were going to break. The audience was not privy to what they were talking about. This show might be fun to watch just for the unintentional awkwardness between the hosts and the count down to Jenny's inevitable firing.

by Anonymousreply 8909/25/2013

That fake cigarette commercial she did is so low rent. Pure tackiness!

by Anonymousreply 9009/27/2013

What's happening with the 5th co-host slot? Did negotiations with Brooke Shields fall apart?

by Anonymousreply 9109/27/2013

Jenny's photo and bio is still missing from the cast page. She's not for long.

by Anonymousreply 9209/27/2013

Is anyone scissoring on this show?

by Anonymousreply 9309/27/2013

Instead of signing a million dollar+ contract with Jenny (and risking her being a dud), why didn't the producers go the way of 'Regis & Kelly' after Regis left and just try out different cohosts for a period of time before deciding on a permanent replacement? That seems like a safer bet to me.

by Anonymousreply 9409/27/2013

I just turned on The View and they were talking about vanilla being made from a beaver's butt secretions, which lead to waaay too many classless jokes from Jenny, Jason Biggs (the co-host) and even Barbara.

I just turned The View off.

by Anonymousreply 9510/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!