Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Elton John says Lady Gaga is in "a dangerous place"

..says she won't even take his calls anymore.

Sounds like the most sane, level-headed thing the old girl's said in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 5009/26/2013

Uh, Sir John, I dont think I would have time to sit and chat either if I was trying to promote the shit out of my album so it won't tank. She's definitely not taking his calls now!

by Anonymousreply 109/16/2013

This is some funny shit ...

“The secret of success is: don’t let everyone know everything,” Sir Elton surmised. “Keep some of it to yourself. It’s why I’m not a big fan of the internet. There should be some privacy, some mystique left. Even with me. All they talk about is the hair, the flowers. Actually, they don’t know me at all.”

... and here he is on the internet spilling all the secrets he knows

by Anonymousreply 209/16/2013

Sounds lke she's just taking his advice and giving EJ a bit of that "mystique".

by Anonymousreply 309/16/2013

"When your persona begins to take over your music and becomes more important, you enter a dangerous place."

For example, when she released Borderline, I knew Madonna was well on her way to being a fairground hooker.

by Anonymousreply 409/16/2013

DL seems to have about two, very vocal, very rabid Lady Gaga trolls who're ignorant in the ability to have a discussion where the person's name in mentioned.

I'd like to say they're as bad as the four less vocal, yet equally rabid Madge trolls but at least THEY don't seem to troll as much unless the Material Granny's name is mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 509/17/2013

Exactly, R2.

Another dictum might be: Don't form friendships too very quickly, and don't make some flash-in-the-pan celebrity godparent to your children.

Elton John seems always to have been a mess, and even when he's doling out sage, grandfatherly advice or the occasional perceptive observation, it's all about him, isn't it? Even his own rules don't apply to him, they are for mere mortals to follow.

Seeing past some of the mess, the guy tries to do some good in supporting up and coming musicians, etc., but what a prickly hot/cold relationship that would be. It's as though time has taught him only what as much as much 30-year-olds have learned.

by Anonymousreply 609/17/2013

Sacred Heart girls are never a flash in the pan...

by Anonymousreply 709/17/2013

I don't care about the opinions of someone who sang at vile Rush's wedding...

by Anonymousreply 809/17/2013

I can't help but like Elton. I think that his heart is in the right place, and that he really would like to help some of the young up and comers. He has been through addiction, eating disorders, and fame, and is in a unique position to be a sober coach to some of the younger celebs with issues.

by Anonymousreply 909/17/2013

He's heading to a "dangerous place," too. I just read he's going to have a concert in Russia to "support Russian gays."

by Anonymousreply 1009/17/2013

How embarrassing that he didn't have one real friend to ask to be the God Mother to his kid.

by Anonymousreply 1109/17/2013

Poor Elton, picking on another diva who stold his thunder. Madonna, Lily Allen, and now Lady Gaga. His next victim she just be starting the 5th grade.

by Anonymousreply 1209/17/2013

SHOULD be starting the 5th grade...my bad. Please don't oh-dear me.

by Anonymousreply 1309/17/2013

Hve you all been reading the documents concerning that lawsuit GaGa's personal assistent has filed and GaGa's response ?

Holy hell, GaGa is a friggin' lunatic,

by Anonymousreply 1409/17/2013

R10 elton john has been to russia many times since 1979. The most recent time was in 2011. Things arent going to be more dangerous because they banned pride parades and rainbow flags. Get real people.

by Anonymousreply 1509/17/2013

Yeah, R11, thought the same thing. I think Elton likes to hop on the fame train with the "IT " celebrity at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 1609/17/2013

The dangerous place she is heading is obscurity.

by Anonymousreply 1709/17/2013

Could it be that she's dancing with those super high platform shoes on a balcony with a low rail?

by Anonymousreply 1809/17/2013

Is she playing Detroit?

by Anonymousreply 1909/17/2013

Well she admitted recently that she's not 100% sober...I'm sure she'll turn to drugs again (unfortunately) if her upcoming album doesn't do well.

by Anonymousreply 2009/17/2013

Is she in Elton's fat ass?

by Anonymousreply 2109/17/2013

not 100% sober? no kidding. she was completely shitfaced on Watch What Happens Live the other night. Loved her outfit though.

by Anonymousreply 2209/18/2013

There was a story going around during the Perez Hilton Lady Gaga feud when she accused him of stalking her, that the real problem between them was that Perez wanted her to get help for her addiction problems and she didn't appreciate being told about it. Maybe Elton believes the story that she's spiraling out of control.

by Anonymousreply 2309/18/2013

She is a rotten cantaloupe tumbling down the hill of irrelevance.

by Anonymousreply 2409/18/2013

She doesn't take his calls? She couldn't be more safer.

by Anonymousreply 2509/18/2013

Elton knows! Takes a junkie to know one he was overdosing on coke before she was born. The FRAUD known as Gag is getting exposed by all sorts of major gays. Yeh, hate Perez all you want he is also CORRECT about the phony scam "artist".

by Anonymousreply 2609/18/2013

Well I for one already have my tickets to see GaGa at the Mississippi state fair in early October. It is going to be fun.

by Anonymousreply 2709/18/2013

R23, I had heard that she didn't want to be Godmother to his kid and that's what started the feud.

by Anonymousreply 2809/18/2013

[quote]Well she admitted recently that she's not 100% sober.

LOL, I'd guess she's a very heavy party girl. The NY Times article about the filming of The Canyons talked about Gaga being out all night partying with pre-rehab Lindsay Lohan.

Still, I don't blame her for not returning Elton's calls. I wouldn't either. He's a cranky old cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2909/18/2013

How classy of him to come forward. Maybe now's the time for Gaga to give Madonna a call and make up.

by Anonymousreply 3009/18/2013

I think he may be referring to substance abuse problems, which if accurate, makes his statement very accurate.

by Anonymousreply 3109/18/2013

I'm not going to attempt to speculate on whether Gaga is or isn't on drugs, but whether she is or not, who is Elton John to say anything given his past? I can't stand it when people expect everyone else to be at the same point in their lives that they are. Elton partied in his day at her age so he should STFU. If he hadn't partied at her age, he'd get a pass from me. The reality is that most people (Lohan and Sheen being the exception) grow out of the drug phase on their own anyway. Why can't he just say it's all a part of growing up, that he did the same thing, and let it be that?

by Anonymousreply 3209/18/2013

I think R32 it's because Elton John went through his drug period that he's saying this now. It's very silly to use the argument that this is some kind of growing up phase considering that some people don't make it through and end up dying. Just look at Cory Monteith. There's absolutely nothing wrong with trying to save a friend's life. And maybe he shouldn't be public about it but maybe he's desperate and couldn't think of another way to get her attention.

What danger he's talking about is that he knows she's surrounded by sycophants who're never going to tell her the truth. That same issue happened with Michael Jackson where everyone was trying to please the star and get theirs from him instead of looking out for his best interest.

by Anonymousreply 3309/18/2013

[quote]The FRAUD known as Gag is getting exposed by all sorts of major gays. Yeh, hate Perez all you want he is also CORRECT about the phony scam "artist".

If Elton and PEREZ HILTON are our "major gays," then, well, we have more problems than Lady Gaga!

by Anonymousreply 3409/18/2013

Say what you will about that talentless whore, Madonna. But she never got into drugs or substance abuse. She was always in total control of herself and her career. She never fell apart like all these little pop tarts are about to do. She has strength of character, something they sorely lack.

So give the old bitch credit for that at least.

by Anonymousreply 3509/18/2013

It's fine if you want to come from a place of concern, but what likely happened is he called, left her a message (maybe expressing concern or maybe not), didn't hear back from her and went public with his "concern" afterwards like he always does. Who does he think he is? Michael Lohan? It's tacky to air out your dirty laundry in public. He likely did it because he felt slighted after not hearing from her.

So in summary, he's a judgmental, spiteful, holier-than-thou ass IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 3609/18/2013

He's going to order a hit on her.

by Anonymousreply 3709/18/2013

R37,there`s no such thing as Gay Mafia.

by Anonymousreply 3809/18/2013

R35 no I give her credit for not getting fucked up on drugs. Instead, she turned to first psychics in the mid-late 80s and then that other fake shit, Kabbalah. Whether people use drugs or cults, they are searching for answers to problems they have.

As for Gaga, I do fear she could easily go on a downward drug spiral if her album/next singles flop. Hopefully someone will intervene. Unlike Shitney, Gaga is talented and intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 3909/18/2013

Between Elton and a buffet?

by Anonymousreply 4009/18/2013

One coke whore recognizes another.

In other news, water is wet.

by Anonymousreply 4109/18/2013

You in danger, girl!

by Anonymousreply 4209/18/2013

R14, weren't all the details ruled to be not disclosed to public by the court by Gaga's request? I wondered what could be so bad that she'd want that.

But then again knowing Gaga it could've been just a publicity stunt to make her seem somehow dangerous/mysterious/crazy. Everything she does could be publicity stunt, like right now this "being an addicted star"-thing. Didn't she play some role of "a star" or something at VMA's?

by Anonymousreply 4309/18/2013

If Gaga is in a bad place, then maybe Madonna could be the bigger person (since she is older) and extend an olive branch for a change.

by Anonymousreply 4409/18/2013

Elton is pathetic. Ever the starfucker and celeb worshipper, this is someone who counts Victoria Beckham and Liz Hurley as friends.

He's loaned out his mansions to every troubled Z list star and their dog and is obviously looking for new ones with the name checks for Miley and Lindsay, with some great unheard of insights about them.

"When your persona begins to take over your music and becomes more important, you enter a dangerous place"

And you didn't see this in 2009 like the rest of us did with Lady Gimmick, Elton?

You can tell it just kills him that Madonna was the one friend he could never get.

It's about time fatty took his nose out of the gossip rags and other's affairs looking for his next celeb victim to snare. He's supposed to be "all about the music" these days trying to evoke his "classic" era, yet still insists on being a petulant cartoon character.

by Anonymousreply 4509/18/2013

I have a theory, she's going to wind up dead of an overdose. Is she 27 yet? Just googled, nm, she's on her way to the 27 Club.

The reason? She's got Lupus, she tested POSITIVE for Lupus, which means she has the symptoms.

She's doing thw worst thing possible for someone with Lupus. And fwiw, every person that seems to get Lupus that I've known has a USA Italian background.

Lupus is even higher in people who are of the African diaspora. Snoop Dog's daughter has it and tons of other black celebs.

by Anonymousreply 4609/18/2013

I don't take his calls, either.

by Anonymousreply 4709/18/2013

I hope these two ugly, fat, cottage-cheese faced queens destroy each other.

by Anonymousreply 4809/18/2013

Now welt on was on Ellen saying he's not concerned about GaGa, and complimenting stupid Miley. He's pretending the Aussie press made up his quote! What a phony ! At least admit you said it even if you want to whimp out.

by Anonymousreply 4909/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.