Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jake Gyllenhaal On Gay Rumors, 'Brokeback Mountain' On 'Inside The Actors Studio'

Gyllenhaal commented on the rumors during his talk with Lipton, and said, "It's a huge compliment," but what he prefers is "tits and a**."

by Anonymousreply 19605/28/2015

"It's a huge compliment"

God, I can't stand that pandering, PC bullshit that straight actors think they have do lest anyone think they're homophobic. don't want to offend gays?

Then stop insulting our intelligence trying to convince everyone you're the happy heterosexual and just be fuckin' honest for a change.

Tits and ass indeed!

by Anonymousreply 109/16/2013

The preview I saw had Lipton asking his typical douchy sexist questions and Jake responding with ridiculously douchy and sexist answers. I expect it from Lipton, but what I saw of Jake disappointed me.

and no, Jake, making 12 year old googly eyes and drooly expressions when asked how it was being naked with Ann Hathaway, does not convince anyone you are straight.

by Anonymousreply 209/16/2013

Yes, male tits and ass.

by Anonymousreply 309/16/2013

I agree about the googly eyes. I've seen him do several interviews and it seems that's his thing. He does it to the interviewer, the audience, whomever. It's part of his personality.

It's a huge turnoff. He comes across as a big suck up and a phony. I was hoping the Actors Studio interview would be better than that, but maybe Lipton's crushing on him. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 409/16/2013

I do hate that r1, it is so patronizing.

by Anonymousreply 509/16/2013

Lipton never touches on rumors or tabloid personas with actors. Acting teachers will warn students (if asked for advice) that yes being openly gay can be commercially bad if you wanna be the next leading man so I find it hard to believe Lipton bringing this up.

Gyllenhaal brought it up himself...the guy is not doing himself any favors. He should just come out already!

And FWIW i'm gay and I love women's tits and men's asses!

by Anonymousreply 609/16/2013

Men have great tits too: Jesse Metcalfe

by Anonymousreply 709/16/2013

Actors just aren't cool anymore. At least not for the past fifteen years or so.

by Anonymousreply 809/16/2013

GAy or not, Prisoners with Hugh? Aside from being very entertaining, will surely set DL on fire.

by Anonymousreply 909/16/2013

I have really put up up with a lot from Jake. A LOT. But this is too much even for me. It's over.

by Anonymousreply 1009/16/2013

[quote]And FWIW i'm gay and I love women's tits and men's asses!

Exactly. Gays are known for liking women's tits.

by Anonymousreply 1109/16/2013

He actually said, 'tits an ass' on "Inside The Actors Studio" television program? Classless.

How about something like: "The gay rumors don't bother me, but I prefer women."

by Anonymousreply 1209/16/2013

Very crude and over the top. I watch this program a lot. And I have never recalled any of the guests, particularly the neanderthal types (i.e. Sean Penn) saying that "tits and ass" turn them on when Lipton asks them that question.

He really is a child-man, isn't he? And the more he acts like this, the more I'm inclined to agree with fellow DL'ers that he is a raving closet case in deep denial.

by Anonymousreply 1309/16/2013

Do you find him arrogant?

by Anonymousreply 1409/16/2013

Who is Jake Gyllenhaal?

by Anonymousreply 1509/16/2013

men have tits

by Anonymousreply 1609/16/2013

I don't find him particularly arrogant, but his comment about 'tits and ass' was highly inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 1709/16/2013

That's why men go for Taylor Swift, for the tits and ass bros. He doesn't have to say it, dating her tells you everything you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 1909/16/2013

He's going to look like even more of a jackass when he finally ends up coming out, or gets caught making out with a man.

by Anonymousreply 2009/16/2013

What about Kirsten Dunst? I have more curves than she does.

by Anonymousreply 2109/16/2013

I think the got the responses wrong. "Tits and Ass" was his answer to what is your favorite number in "A Chorus Line"

by Anonymousreply 2209/16/2013

Well, everyone on the planet has tits and ass of one sort or other. What is telling that he didn't mention pussy.

by Anonymousreply 2309/16/2013

pussy gives you cancer

by Anonymousreply 2409/16/2013

Maybe he was referring to the song from "A Chorus Line." I like that song too.

by Anonymousreply 2509/16/2013

Gee r25, who would have thought of that?

by Anonymousreply 2609/16/2013

"GAy or not, Prisoners with Hugh? Aside from being very entertaining, will surely set DL on fire."

Wonder if there was any homosex going on behind the scenes

by Anonymousreply 2709/16/2013

He's the male Megan Fox. Over.

by Anonymousreply 2809/16/2013

^ Unlike Megan Fox, he can actually act. He has made some dumb career decisions though - Prince of Persia?!!!

by Anonymousreply 2909/17/2013

I have to be honest. Sometimes I will watch a movie he is in if it is on cable or PPV and nothing else is on. But the phenomenon of Jake Gyllenhaal mystifies me. His movies are boring. Or just not that interesting.

They aren't well made either. Some of them look like they were made for TV movies. I liked Jarhead. That was it. Even Brokeback seems quaintly out of date. In general, I have to question his choices.

by Anonymousreply 3009/17/2013

So do I, R30.

by Anonymousreply 3109/18/2013

[quote]He didn't actually use the phrase "tits & ass" did he? I'm embarrassed for him.

Me too. And he's about as convincing.

by Anonymousreply 3209/18/2013

Look. I have to honestly acknowledge his looks. He is one of the hottest looking guys out here as far as movies go. He'd definitely be on my personal top ten list. I find his looks appealing, even though I know others might not.

But, he's not a very exciting person, and I'm kind of amazed at the fact he even generates so much attention. For me, a guy's personality is part of his appeal. Yes, he's good looking, but so are thousands of other guys.

by Anonymousreply 3309/18/2013

Always thought he was gay. Has nothing to do with Brokeback. It's just a vibe I get. Cannot picture him with a woman and let's be honest, Jake is not the most masculine of guys...

by Anonymousreply 3409/18/2013

Saw him today on LIVE! with Kelly & Michael. I really loved him. Great wit and personality. Quick thinker. Showed some signs of depth, too. Didn't much like his looks though. As he matures his face is losing its appeal and his long hair brushed back looked terrible. Don't like his beard either.

by Anonymousreply 3509/18/2013

Liars are not attractive people.

by Anonymousreply 3609/19/2013

I agree R35, he's turning into Mandy Patinkin.

by Anonymousreply 3809/19/2013

Is his father dead? How would he be a Baron?

by Anonymousreply 3909/19/2013

r30 People are fascinated by Jake's gay rumors. They don't give a shit about his acting.

Also, that guy he was supposedly dating, I hope he has found someone better. He was much hotter and sexier.

by Anonymousreply 4009/19/2013

Its the muthafucking ass kissing tht pisses me off. I mean FUCK!!! Do you think I'm stupid?

by Anonymousreply 4109/19/2013

Billy Crystal has said (rather obnoxiously) that they all thought he was gay during City Slickers.

BTW his god-parents are Paul Newman and Jamie Lee Curtis. That could really screw up your sexual identity, no?

by Anonymousreply 4209/19/2013

"Also, that guy he was supposedly dating, I hope he has found someone better. He was much hotter and sexier."

by Anonymousreply 4309/19/2013

Austin Nichols.

by Anonymousreply 4409/19/2013

If their rumors were true, Austin probably has a new man squeeze hidden somewhere. Jake might have been cute, adorable and shy before, but now he's an ego shit bag. He thinks too highly of himself and has become cold.

by Anonymousreply 4509/19/2013

I just watched it. I was mesmerized by his beautiful, big, blue saucer eyes.

by Anonymousreply 4609/19/2013

[quote]He thinks too highly of himself and has become cold.

I doubt Jake is the cold one. Austin Nicols seems like someone who is a total dick-head. Someone who thinks their significant other is their property. I'm going to base this on alleged allegations, but Austin has been known by some as a total control freak with sudden anger issues. Jake still sometimes comes off as an awkward man with low self confidence issues.

by Anonymousreply 4709/19/2013

Who is the trick at r3? Looks like Henry Cavill.

by Anonymousreply 4809/19/2013

Does Austin have nice tits or a nice ass?

by Anonymousreply 4909/19/2013

Methinks the lady doth protest too much!

by Anonymousreply 5009/19/2013

Austin has nice tits...whatever happened to him?

by Anonymousreply 5109/19/2013

I hardly ever read about Jake Gyllenhaal anymore.

He seems to have jumped the shark.

by Anonymousreply 5209/20/2013

How dare he agree when that girl said that he and his sister are the first Oscar nominated siblings!! Me and my bitch of a sister where nominated!

by Anonymousreply 5309/20/2013

How dare he agree when that girl said that he and his sister are the first Oscar nominated siblings!! Me and my bitch of a sister where nominated!

by Anonymousreply 5409/20/2013

Austin Nichols = Dollar Tree Justin Timberlake

by Anonymousreply 5509/20/2013

I hate this pandering buffoon.

by Anonymousreply 5609/20/2013

That bitch said "Brother and Sister nominees". Even then, she was WRONG.

by Anonymousreply 5709/20/2013

plus Shirley and Warren

Eric and Julia Roberts

by Anonymousreply 5809/20/2013

Maggie Gyllenhaal is hideous and, more offensively, a terrible actress. Runs in the family I suppose!

by Anonymousreply 5909/20/2013

He tried way too hard to dispel the gay rumors last night, and he was feeding the rumors at the same time. He not only brought his mother, which other actors have done, but Lipton actually interviewed her about Jake, while he sat there like a twelve yr. old. She even had her own microphone.

His father's not dead. He escaped.

by Anonymousreply 6009/20/2013

R51, Austin Nichols plays an actor who likes trannies and kids on Ray Donovan. He's often shirtless, but isn't doing much bodybuilding. He's completely fucked-up on drugs and booze, so his waning pectorality works for the character.

by Anonymousreply 6109/20/2013

When he's not smiling and trying to get everyone to love him, he can actually be thoughtful and sensitive. I was also surprised at his insecurity, particularly when Lipton asked him what sound he doesn't like, Jake said, "his voice." Wow.

And his humorous pandering for future jobs to the audience before the show wrapped--why do I think he was half-way serious and that he hasn't always had an easy time of scoring jobs?

by Anonymousreply 6209/20/2013

[quote]He tried way too hard to dispel the gay rumors last night,

Agreed, R60. By using the very graphic "tits & ass" he doesn't want people to just glide over his professions of heterosexuality; instead, he wants to jar you, to shake you out of your concentration on him or on Lipton or on the sounds of the interview, and attend, ATTEND DAMMIT!, to his pronouncement of unassailable straightness. Focusing on the genitals belies his unspoken belief that sexual acts = sexual identity, something that a lot of men struggling with their gayness will believe, that is, "if I don't touch a penis, if I do not have any sex with a man, then I am not gay."

This is the same sort of denial logic that allows a person to say "I'm a straight-acting, gay man" and actually believe it. Whether I am getting any sex on a regular basis or not, I am a gay man the entire time. Not so with this kind of genital-linked, identity definition thinking.

There's one other thing in the mix, thinks me. He could have expressed his sexual-act-denial thinking in a number of ways that would have had similar shock value. Maybe something like "Let's just say the ladies never leave my bed without smiles on their faces..." or what have you. Or even, "I'm in love with women's bodies. Whenever I'm near a woman, I just want to tear her clothes off and make some sparks fly." No, he chose the vulgar "tits & ass" which shows both a reduction of women from human beings into sexual organs, and a strong implication of them being "dirty" or "nasty." (I agree with the poster who wondered why he didn't mention women's vaginas instead of their anuses.)

Overall, I think he is guilty of what prosecutors call "attempting to convince when only asked to convey." Think Jodi Arias here. Not only was it morning on day XYZ that her deceased boyfriend first hit her, it was 10:07 AM, there was roadwork on the highway that she drove on (at precisely 45 mph because her gas was almost gone and she had only $2.52 in her red coin purse). The theory is that "if I am really specific about something, then I must be recalling real events and am not lying." The words we use and how we use them will trip us up every time when we have a secret that we feel must never ever be revealed.

by Anonymousreply 6309/20/2013

It is precisely the OTT "T&A" comment that evidences JG's gayness; he doesn't know how a straight man would speak.

by Anonymousreply 6409/20/2013

If Jake would just come over, I would know if he were gay. And I wouldn't tell a soul.

by Anonymousreply 6509/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 6709/20/2013

He got a rave review in the NYTimes today for 'Prisoners.'

by Anonymousreply 6809/20/2013

I forgot to sign my name. Hooray for heterosexuality!

by Anonymousreply 6909/20/2013

Even if he had been gay, R70, I wouldn't've wanted Heath Ledger to fuck me all night long.

Jake, OTOH...

by Anonymousreply 7109/20/2013

Just give the guy a break, there is no proof, he only dates women for crying out loud.

by Anonymousreply 7209/20/2013

He only dates beards, beards, beard.

by Anonymousreply 7309/20/2013

[quote]Threads like these stop me from coming here, this is my post for 6 months, the guy is 100% straight and only played gay to support you people for goodness sake.

What the hell?

by Anonymousreply 7409/20/2013

how did his parents ever get Paul Newman to be his god-father

in 1980 when Jake was born neither of his parents even had any film credits

by Anonymousreply 7509/20/2013

uh huh. He's probably home right now, on his knees and looking up at some man with lusty eyes and an open mouth with semen smudged on his chin.

by Anonymousreply 7609/21/2013

"Bearded" Jake Gyllenhaal...

by Anonymousreply 7709/22/2013

does not always wipe well

by Anonymousreply 7809/22/2013

Jake's parents have a long history of "creating" an image. They were the happy artistic couple whose kids went to all the best schools YET when they divorced they were heavily in debt and broke. (despite having 2 movie star children)

Jake learned to lie as a child and he's still doing it. Mama taught him well. (Ethan Hawke stayed in the garage!!!!!!)

by Anonymousreply 7909/22/2013

R79, we all "learned to lie" as a child. LOL! What is important is whether or not we outgrow our need to lie as adults, and the kind of lies we tell. Most lies are born of either wishful thinking or fear. I do agree about Jake's parents creating an image. How do you know they were heavily in debt?

by Anonymousreply 8009/23/2013

[quote] I do agree about Jake's parents creating an image. How do you know they were heavily in debt?

It made the news a couple of years ago that Jake's father, at least, declared bankruptcy. Are his parents still together? Do they -- or one of them -- still live in Hancock Park?

by Anonymousreply 8109/23/2013

It's all very "Michi likes sausage"

by Anonymousreply 8209/23/2013

Good analysis, R63. And I agree!

by Anonymousreply 8309/23/2013

Along similar lines, R83 and R63, when I was still trying to pass as straight (teens to age 24), it never occurred to me that I could turn a girl down for not being my type. I had no idea hard-ons worked that way, as I'd only been with two guys up to that point.

by Anonymousreply 8409/23/2013

lol, he's such a mama's boy.

by Anonymousreply 8509/23/2013

It's not Austin. Chris Fischer is the boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 8609/25/2013

It's Chris. CHRIS

by Anonymousreply 8709/25/2013

so... Jake doesn't require a handsome man to be his "friend"?

by Anonymousreply 8809/25/2013

chris who?

by Anonymousreply 9009/25/2013

r90 Chris Fischer

by Anonymousreply 9109/25/2013

I thought Jake was charming, witty, personable, smart, and handsome on In the Actors Studio on Bravo last week.

by Anonymousreply 9209/25/2013

R22, no, the tits and ass answer by Jake, was to the question "What turns you on?"

by Anonymousreply 9309/25/2013

R63, for Christ sakes, Jake was not mentioning the 'anuses' of women when he said "tits and ass".

Straight men are attracted to the asses of women, not their anuses. Men like the shape of the ass and rubbing against the ass. They are focusing on the anus, but rather the entire ass and its shape and sexual qualities.

R63, lord, have you never heard that straight men are attracted to the asses of women? They are not focusing on the anuses, but the entire ass.

And 'tits and ass' is an extremely common hetero descriptive phrase. Jake was not displaying that he is gay by mentioning women's asses, you dingbat.

And I'm not saying that Jake is necessarily hetero. I don't know whether he is gay or straight or bisexual. But I think he is bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 9409/25/2013

meant to type: they are NOT focusing on the anuses of women

by Anonymousreply 9509/25/2013

ugh!!! r94 there is no such thing as male bisexuality!!!

by Anonymousreply 9609/25/2013

Yes there is, R96.

It's existed for thousands of years.

by Anonymousreply 9709/25/2013

nope r97, nope

by Anonymousreply 9809/25/2013

He didn't always protest too much...

by Anonymousreply 9909/26/2013

He's been cursing a lot these past few years, he thinks cursing will give him a masculine image, but we all know he is a weak, slow minded bottom behind his fake exterior. The boy was also depressed for a long period time - self-esteem issues..

by Anonymousreply 10010/13/2013

[quote]The boy was also depressed for a long period time - self-esteem issues..

Is this true?

by Anonymousreply 10110/18/2013

I'm sure Jake is banging his head into the wall repeating over and over:

by Anonymousreply 10210/18/2013

I know I'll get bashed for this but I knew Jake for 6-7 months.

by Anonymousreply 10310/19/2013

I know people won't believe me, but I knew Jake for like 6 or 7 months. We used to talk on the phone regularly, but he probably lost his phone and we lost contact. He is utterly adorable, and very effeminate, with a very sensitive spot.

by Anonymousreply 10410/19/2013

He took everything personally connected to his family and friends, got very emotionally drunk when you criticized him. He was close friends with some guy that was very cold towards him sometimes. That guy was a sweetheart though, but a little anger issues.

by Anonymousreply 10510/20/2013

r104, you can't use the word effeminate.

by Anonymousreply 10610/20/2013

Ya, I knew you used that word. Not sure why those words keep popping up. I don't see anything wrong with calling boys that.

by Anonymousreply 10710/20/2013

E f f e m i n a t e

by Anonymousreply 10810/20/2013

E f f e m i n a t e

how can you say that? maybe sensitive, but that's never a bad thing. right?

by Anonymousreply 10910/20/2013

It was used to bash gay DL'ers one too many times so it became a forbidden word.

by Anonymousreply 11010/20/2013

What's wrong with calling them that, nothing! You queens are so sensitive to things like that. I love my boys to be E F f (you know).

by Anonymousreply 11110/20/2013

because real men like real men. you know, butch ones like Jake.

by Anonymousreply 11210/20/2013

New Jake Blind

[italic]This A list mostly movie actor who is an Academy Award winner/nominee was out two nights ago with his boyfriend. Yes, sure his girlfriend was there too but he didn't come in with the girlfriend she came later. He didn't leave with the girlfriend, she left earlier. He did leave about one minute from his boyfriend though who had a car waiting right behind our actor.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 11310/20/2013

Jake's boyfriend, Austin will be on Agents of Shield this week. Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 11410/20/2013

[quote]..Academy Award winner/nominee

Jake never won an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 11510/20/2013

[quote]Jake never won an Oscar.

Are your crooked eyes refusing to see the /nominee. Do you know what that means?

by Anonymousreply 11610/20/2013

When I see "winner/nominee", I assume they won at least one Oscar.

If it said "winner", obviously they were nominated and won.

If it said "nominee", I would gather they never won.

Being too literal?

by Anonymousreply 11710/20/2013

Can't wait to watch the episode. Austin better flash those tits.

by Anonymousreply 11810/20/2013

I love him.

by Anonymousreply 11910/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 12010/22/2013

Jake always gives me this vibe that he's a big girl in his private life, and I don't mean that as a bad thing. He can talk about tits and grow out his beard as much as he wants, but he always seems so feminine.

by Anonymousreply 12110/22/2013

feminine? no. sensitive, yes. big difference.

by Anonymousreply 12210/22/2013

Austin was amazing on Shield. So sexy. Can't believe he's with Jake. He can do much better than Jakey, even if he's a cutey pie...

by Anonymousreply 12310/23/2013

He really needs to gain back the lost weight. The movie will obviously be a flop, but I guess he thinks he'll either win an oscar or is being paid a lot.

by Anonymousreply 12410/23/2013

[quote]Austin better flash those tits.

We got to see his tits. So fucking HOT!

by Anonymousreply 12510/23/2013

He looks really homely at R120's link.

Sorry, but the weight loss haggardness confirms my suspicion that he will not age well.

I hate this trend of actors physically and drastically morphing into roles to gain credibility. They used to do it with makeup... and talent.

by Anonymousreply 12610/23/2013

He said "I like tits and ass"? Really? Clever! I would use that too to deny I'm gay without actually doing it, since tits and ass are also male attributes.

by Anonymousreply 12710/23/2013

Jake loves Austin's tits. So, technically he's not lying.

by Anonymousreply 12810/23/2013

I doubt that guy was Austin. The male hacker was fucking hot and I don't believe for a second [italic]he[/italic] is Jake's boyfriend. Also, Austin Nichols' imbd page proves that. Whoever that sex object was, he better be around for more eps.

by Anonymousreply 12910/23/2013

[quote]Whoever that sex object was, he better be around for more eps.

by Anonymousreply 13010/23/2013

R129 R130 I haven't watched the SHIELD episode yet, but Austin Nichols is listed as a guest star in the opening credits.

by Anonymousreply 13110/23/2013

"Austin was amazing on Shield. So sexy. Can't believe he's with Jake."

He isn't.

Jake moved to New York City 2 years ago.

Austin lives in LA and Austin, TX.

by Anonymousreply 13202/15/2014

Austin is back in the closet. His girlfriend's pregnant.

Jake always looks so short on screen.

by Anonymousreply 13304/12/2015

Another happy nuclear family!

by Anonymousreply 13404/12/2015

R133 His 22 year old child bride girlfriend is pregnant? That is nasty!

Or is he dating someone else?

by Anonymousreply 13504/12/2015

Once more for old times sake.

Jake Gyllenhaals obit:

He was fucked in a tent by Oscar winner Heath Ledger.

by Anonymousreply 13604/12/2015

I agree with R1: it is bizarre for someone to say "I am incredibly flattered that anyone thinks I am gay" because it is neither flattering or demeaning. Can you even imagine a gay man saying "I am so flattered that you think I am straight?" It's what you are. It's not a judgeable quality like good hair or long lashes. So by saying that it makes him seem so phoney. If he were truly flattered, he would not be hiding. And if he weren't hiding, he would have a REAL girlfriend by now. He isn't exactly "Young Hollywood" any longer.

by Anonymousreply 13704/12/2015

Yeah, the Bennet girl.

by Anonymousreply 13804/12/2015

Jake was so good in End of Watch, Nightcrawlers and Prisoners.

by Anonymousreply 13904/12/2015

R137, Gyllenhaal obviously isn't just any "someone". He's known as that actor who took it up the ass onscreen, in the climax (to consummate a "forbidden" romance) of a highly buzzed, wide-release feature. To top it off, the saga of Ted C gossip was salacious and enduring enough, to create some public demand, out of what an actor might feel should his own call.

(Judging by how Dataloungers talk about the closet cases in real life, most of us do treat them with kid gloves more than we would jump on celebrities like a wolf pack.)

For an actor marked publicly during a time and in a way avoided by most actors (except porn, limited release like Mysterious Skin, or at least suggested off-screen sex through ellipsis), you have to assume he got reactions ranging from "flattering" to "demeaning". Costars aren't known to joke openly about Quinto and NPH taking it up the ass. Yet a movie enabled that for Gyllenhaal. (Nevermind how presumed straight and gay actors, masculine and femme, are judged differently in any - presumed or immaterial - overlap of private life vs. onscreen.)

We've had posts on Datalounge, from gays thrilled to be mistaken for straight, after pissing off women who couldn't have their advances, unsubtle hints reciprocated. You bet their presume heterosexual power over women, was flattering. Any sexual power is, or Jake G wouldn't even be on DL topic every few months.

And all (non-publicity planted) gossips being equal, it appears Jake G isn't really at the extremities of the Kinsey scale. Or, he is at least further from the ends than commonly assumed - probably simply because he still can; that sexual power again.

Since the typical prime of an acting career is the next 8~10 years in Gyllie's case, it's doubtful he'd dredge up whatever private life that's not supportive of his onscreen work (something his presumed straight competitors already enjoy, unless it's criminal or illegal.)

by Anonymousreply 14004/13/2015

Did Toothy Tile ruin is career?

by Anonymousreply 14204/13/2015

"I'd go down on him if asked or not."

by Anonymousreply 14304/13/2015

Jakey has a new beard!

by Anonymousreply 14404/13/2015

Well, certain Gyllenhaal fanatics are going to be very pleased by such private outing between two co-stars with absolutely nothing to promote. Slightly disappointed in Rachel McAdams, though, I thought she was beyond bearding, since she typically went for non-Hollywood types.

I wonder what happened with Ruth Wilson? Weren't they just spotted by a "casual" observer dining together in Tulum?

by Anonymousreply 14504/13/2015

Wilson instantly quashed those rumors. Her career's hotting up and doesn't want to be associated with bearding.

by Anonymousreply 14604/13/2015

He's such a pathetic closet case.

by Anonymousreply 14704/14/2015

Even Lainey's not buying it, "it’s like they’re siblings"

by Anonymousreply 14804/14/2015

I think Rachel's in a relationship.

Anyone got any stories about Jakey's diva-ish behaviour on set?

by Anonymousreply 14904/14/2015

[quote]Anyone got any stories about Jakey's diva-ish behaviour on set?

I've read numerous times that he treats his fans like shit.

by Anonymousreply 15004/14/2015

Bump for Jakey.

by Anonymousreply 15104/15/2015

R145, McAdams has the new season of "True Detective" to promote so not exactly nothing.

by Anonymousreply 15204/15/2015

Jake is def straight, that is universally accepted by everyone. So you are wasting your time, the guy is an asswipe anyway, he is totally anti gay, he isn't even homophobic he comes off just anti gay.

by Anonymousreply 15304/15/2015

R153 = deluded

by Anonymousreply 15404/15/2015

[quote] the guy is an asswipe anyway

In what way? Details!

by Anonymousreply 15504/15/2015

I did not see the interview but could he have possibly meant that he was flattered that the gay rumors probably started by his playing the part so convincingly?

by Anonymousreply 15604/15/2015

As I have written before a famous gay friend and client of mine says one of his relationships was a total beard arrangement by their PR managers. He knew the GF very well.

by Anonymousreply 15704/15/2015

That's what he meant.

by Anonymousreply 15804/15/2015

R157,which one?

by Anonymousreply 15904/15/2015

OK so those saying that he's being pandering to the gays by saying he's flattered are completely wrong.

It's like everyone thinking Steve Buscemi is a perverted creep because of all the roles he'splayed so well. The fact that people think he's a creep in real life IS flattering. It is a testament to the quality of his performance.

Jake, whether closeted or straight, waas probably angling for that acknowledgement.

by Anonymousreply 16004/15/2015

Gossip I heard about him gives me the impression he has trouble "pandering" to anyone. Publicists dread dealing with him. He's very polite, very nice, but only does what He "believes in."

Doesn't takedvice or take PR recommendations well at all. Questions everything, and has a million "suggestions" about how certain things ought to be handled. He doesn't even give his PR team permission to respond to stuff from media.

I dated someone who worked at the agency who handled the PR for a couple of his movies a few years ago. Pain in the ass. But he's a lovely guy.

by Anonymousreply 16104/15/2015

I did not see the program but isn't it a compliment if you are straight and you played a gay person in a film and people now believe you are gay. Doesn't that compliment your acting skills.

Will from Will in Grace had was convincing in a non-caricature type of way, I can only compliment his acting skills.

BTW from a women's perspective it means you are well groomed, fit and cultured to be considered a gay man if straight. If you are thought to be a lesbian if you are no one, means you are dowdy and unsexy.

by Anonymousreply 16204/15/2015

Hugh Jackman thought Jake was insufferable on set of Prisoners.

by Anonymousreply 16304/15/2015

... On a man.

by Anonymousreply 16404/15/2015

Some fraus still believe that Gyllenhaal and Nichols are secretly bringing up a family. The pic linked is Gyllenhall with "Baby Tile 1" !!!!!

by Anonymousreply 16504/15/2015

R137, Hair and lashes are comparable to sexuality, but are neither as devoid of social meaning as you claim, nor get you as riled up when you equate them. Hair and lashes are modified to cope with ageism, "discipline" black hair in corporate setting. They get fake extension, mascara to be more appealing.

You can judge Gyllenhaal out of habit, or just chuckle along. Not that hard. When you try to root out the gay impostors from straight identification they plainly don't belong/deserve, you're tolerating the gays who pass so well they aren't detected in the first place. You also allow straights to be held to a double-standard: they can change arm-candy at a faster rate, do showmances, use birth or adopted kids to improve their image. Cheat, screw many people who aren't their legal wife or companion in public.

Yet none of these still upset you as intensely as "Duplicity By A Closeted Actor". Straights are still "genuine", because it's their world, their rules (which you impose on impostors like Jake G: measure up, or be blasted out.) Cosby and Allen are just "alleged" by "rumors". They hurt your soul far less than a suspect closetcase, also alleged by rumors and your heteronormative deductive power.

If you're going to ignore a "gay" actor works in a straight-dominant market catering to straight-dominant audience - who in turn fund the "non-low budget" movies you prefer to watch...Where's the outrage that most movies are about straight white people, driven by the viewpoint and action of straight white men? Did the investors, distributors, & promoters refused to board American Sniper, until Bradley Cooper came clean with America and the World about his sexual history?

My humble suggestion is to see stories and people working in entertainment, as a mirror. You can decry Gyllenhaal's inhumanity in slamming you repeatedly with Boldfaced! Lies!, but chances are he settled into a routine where some aspects he can change (how fast and loose, homo-affirming he plays a role/plot in a movie), while others affect the domestic and overseas partners he's in business relationships with (which isn't forever - or speed it up praying for his career decline, or hire a PI to expose his private business?)

He seems well aware of his situation, which you can try to tolerate as one of the many ways people cope as they see best fit -- even if you're convinced you know better, and can manage far better for them in their shoes:

From Enemy interview in March 2015:

I think we’re all presenting different things at different times. You’re not the same here as you are if you go home and you go back to your loved ones or your family or you’re by yourself. We’re not always the same person. You go to cocktail party or to something else, you are going to change who you are. It’s inevitable. We are animals, you know what I mean? I think that’s what’s behind that. What is authenticity? What is our true self? Who is this guy, really? Is he one person or is he two people?

Live and let live, unless he's directly harming your liberties. You'll be less disappointed by not getting what you feel you're owed, that way.

by Anonymousreply 16604/15/2015

He's just a nutcase. "Insufferable" yet "lovely".

Even the Prisoners director called him "an asshole", but still is planning more projects together.

by Anonymousreply 16704/15/2015

R166 may I ask how old you are?

by Anonymousreply 16804/16/2015

He broke up with Alyssa Miller to focus on his training for Southpaw. Apparently he was working out 6 hours a day. It definitely shows! I wonder if now that the filming is done he will get back with her. They seem really into each other. With Rachel and Ruth it's pretty clear they are just friends.

His body for Southpaw is insane. He worked really hard so I hope he gets at least an Oscar nomination.

by Anonymousreply 16904/23/2015

What a longwinded, boring, stupid rant R166. We're tired of closet cases. Come out or get lost.

by Anonymousreply 17004/23/2015

BTW every single one is harming our liberties.

by Anonymousreply 17104/23/2015

by Anonymousreply 17204/23/2015

An Oscar nom for taking steroids?

I liked Jake in Nightcrawler, thought the creepy guy suited him.

Otherwise, didn't like him in Brokeback, didn't like him in Prisoners. What else has he been in?

Also, he's ugly with those bug eyes. His sister's ugly too. I think I hate them.

by Anonymousreply 17304/24/2015

r173=deep thinker

by Anonymousreply 17404/24/2015

R173 He's got a lot of movies coming out this year:

-Demolition - it was directed by Jean-Marc Vallee, whose last 2 films went to get two Oscars, for Jake's buddy Matthew McConaughey and Jaredo Leto, and an Oscar nomination for his ex Reese Witherspoon. Jake is almost for sure getting at the very least a nomination for this movie... after being snubbed so badly this year, no way is he missing out. The movie screened last night in fact and Jake's performance was praised. He's coming for that Oscar!

-Southpaw - doesn't seem very Academy friendly but he went all out for this role, working out like crazy and pretty much dedicating himself 100% for the role that he ended up breaking up with his girlfriend. His performance is bound to get lots of praise and it's the type of movie that will appeal to the public, especially straight man. Boxing + hot wife played by a hot actress he may be dating + gritty thriller... a classic movie for all the bros out there. I foresee this movie performing really well at the box office. The Internet has been talking a lot about Jake's crazy transformation, even body building and gentlemen websites.

-Everest - an ensemble movie but the previews that were shown Cinema Con were very well received.

He's got that Tom Ford movie in the works as well and another movie where he plays a drug dealer in the works, plus the fact that he is very likely to get a Tony nomination next week. He's finally getting all the success he deserves. He's one of the most interesting actors working out today.

by Anonymousreply 17504/24/2015

[quote]...working out like crazy and pretty much dedicating himself 100% for the role that he ended up breaking up with his girlfriend.

Oh, pah-leeze!!

by Anonymousreply 17604/24/2015

Jakey joking about taking home girlfriends to meet his mom.

by Anonymousreply 17704/28/2015

Closet case coward who used up any good will from the gays awhile back. He's now almost as treacly, fake and gross as Tom Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 17804/28/2015

So how come Gyllenhaal is a closet case coward, R178, when no man has ever come forward and said he's had sex with him.

Yet male porn stars who have sucked more dick and been fucked up the ass by other men, on camera for all to see, still get to claim they're straight, and there are huge numbers of queens who will attest to their "straightness." And I'll add many of these closet cases most rapid supporters post here.

Seems like a double standard to me.

by Anonymousreply 17904/28/2015

Seen him with lover in the South of France several times in the oughts. I am calling him a closet case, yep. Maybe he's not a tramp, doesn't sleep around, and his exes respect his choice to stay in the closet.

I don't get your comparison to gay for pay porn actors.. I have nothing to say about gay for pay porn actors.. I don't need to call them gay, or straight, or whatever. And they are sex workers. And they can call themselves whatever they want. What have their lives got to do with a Hollywood leading man deciding to stay in the closet?

JG can obviously call himself whatever he wants. He's says he's straight. Fine. But I have the impression he's gay and closeted.

by Anonymousreply 18004/28/2015

Ahhh, my Jakey is dreamy...

I don't care what he is sexually, I just dreeeeam.

by Anonymousreply 18104/28/2015

Poor Jakey missed his Tony nomination.

Also, Lainey is not even pretending that she's a PR shrill for him anymore, is she? At no point was Jakey a sure bet to get a Tony nomination over Bradley, he was at best 5th/6th on most people's predictions, whereas Bradley was second to Alex Sharp all the time. Also, no way in hell is Jake getting nominated for Southpaw. No way. His best shot at a nomination is with Demolition and even then, watch Bradley get in instead of Jakey.

by Anonymousreply 18204/29/2015

Ruth Wilson acted Jakey off the stage. He was never getting a nomination.

Southpaw looks like garbage.

Jakey's beard Rachel McAdams is screwing Colin Farrell.

by Anonymousreply 18304/29/2015

Do not care for him or his sister. Would not mind if either one of them never did a movie again.

by Anonymousreply 18404/29/2015

Gay as the day is long.

Really, I always go back to the Billy Crystal quote from "City Slickers." But even if that didn't exist, Jake exudes a closeted persona. And he sets off my gaydar. His fauxmances (c'mon, I mean, fucking Reese Witherspoon? Please) all seem so desperately choreographed. I haven't believed a single one of them.

Rachel McAdams is obviously just a friend/hag.

by Anonymousreply 18504/29/2015

Definitely gay. No hiding the gay voice when he's not acting and his guard's down.

by Anonymousreply 18605/07/2015

by Anonymousreply 18705/07/2015

He makes the same type of comments that Neil Patrick Harris made before he came out

by Anonymousreply 18805/07/2015

I wonder if he's taking Ruth with him to Cannes. They were spotted by some people on Twitter dining together this weekend but they thought she was Rachel McAdams lol.

I don't see Ruth bearding tbh, so I really think they are together.

by Anonymousreply 18905/11/2015

Jake was karaoke singing I Will Always Love You to Sienna Miller at Cannes tonight. He's been pretty flirty with her all week long lol.

by Anonymousreply 19005/14/2015

Ruth's too cool to beard.

by Anonymousreply 19105/16/2015

The 20something director of Mommy is on the Cannes jury with Jake. He was interviewed recently about his next film and he said he had to find something very interesting otherwise he preferred to stay home to jerk off to photos of Jake Gyllenhaal.

by Anonymousreply 19205/16/2015

Wasn't Toothy bi at first? He was cheating on his girlfriend with guys. People thought it was about Jakey and Kirsten Dunst.

by Anonymousreply 19305/16/2015

Xavier Dolan the director of Mommy is at the Sea of Trees party now (thank you Newzcard) but Jake Gyllenhaal his fellow jury member is not. He's about the only jury member not there despite the fact he's buddies with McBongo and just made a movie with Naomi Watts.

Guess it IS awkward.

by Anonymousreply 19405/16/2015

He's starting promo for Southpaw already.

Apparently Antoine Fuqua's gonna keep rehashing his "Jake was so committed to the role that he broke up with his girlfriend" anecdote throughout the movie promo.

Harvey Weinstein promised he's gonna get Jake an Oscar nomination with Southpaw. I think it can happen if it ends up being a hit and with the boxing mania that's hit the US, I think Jake's gonna have a huge 2015.

He talks throughout the interview about how much he's changed since the days of his awful romantic comedies/Prince of Persia/Taylor Swift and how that was a misstep because he was listening to other people. He sounds very genuine in the interview and it seems like he's living more honestly since he stopped trying to be an action star. Good job, Jake!

by Anonymousreply 19505/27/2015

So he's the one starting the big pectoral threads on DL?

by Anonymousreply 19605/28/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!