Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

New TV season is Coming Up

What are you going to be watching?

by Anonymousreply 10510/10/2013

The Vampire Diaries The Originals Witches of East End American Horror Story: Coven

by Anonymousreply 109/14/2013

The Millers with Will Arnett. Love him! And assume it's good because CBS scheduled it after their #1 comedy Thursdays.

by Anonymousreply 209/14/2013

Agents of SHIELD

The Tomorrow People

Sleepy Hollow

Masters of Sex

Once upon a time in Wonderland

Almost Human

Enlisted

by Anonymousreply 309/14/2013

I'm hopeful the SHIELD show will be good, but trying to keep my expectations low just in case.

I'll have to watch at least the first episode of the Michael J. Fox show just to get a load of it.

I thought I might try the new Sean Hayes show, until I read an interview yesterday where he assured that the show wouldn't be "too gay." Well, fuck you, Sean. I'll assure you that your audience won't be too gay, either.

Those are the only new shows I'm aware of. What else sounds interesting or promising?

by Anonymousreply 409/14/2013

Sleepy Hollow is the only one that interests me this year. Looking forward to it!

by Anonymousreply 509/14/2013

Supernatural

The Vampire Diaries

The Amazing Race

The Originals

Sleepy Hollow

Castle

by Anonymousreply 609/14/2013

I've heard that Agents of Shield is much like most other Whedon shows in that it takes a bit to get going, and the premier isn't going to knock anyone's socks off (and that there's at least one casting disaster). But that it's good enough to give it a chance.

Of course, it's not strictly a Joss Whedon show.. it's actually being run more by his brother, as Joss is busy working on Avengers 2.

by Anonymousreply 709/14/2013

American Horror Story

I'll give The Millers & the Michael J. Fox Show a chance - love Margo Martindale and Betsy Brandt. But my expectations are very low.

by Anonymousreply 809/14/2013

Ironside depending on your cable company the first episode is available On Demand.

Cannot wait for Sleepy Hollow.

by Anonymousreply 909/14/2013

There's very little I'm looking forward to--maybe Dylan McDermott's new show.

by Anonymousreply 1009/14/2013

The one with Rebel Wilson, forget the name. I like her.

by Anonymousreply 1109/14/2013

any show that picks Patty Duke as a guest star or a Co starring role

by Anonymousreply 1209/14/2013

R2, I'm with R8. I'll watch Margo in ANYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 1309/14/2013

Is the Man from Uncle still on?

by Anonymousreply 1409/14/2013

1. American Horror: Coven 2. Witches of Eastend 3. Sleepy Hollow 4. Blacklist 5. The Originals 6. Dracula 7. The Tomorrow People 9. Masters of Sex 10. The Vampire Diaries 11.Top Chef: New Orleans 12. Homeland 14. Scandal 15.The Big Bang Theory 16. The Walking Dead 17. Dancing With the Stars 18. The Good Wife 19. Moms 20. Agents of Shield I know. Get a life:)

by Anonymousreply 1509/14/2013

Girls

by Anonymousreply 1609/14/2013

R14, no, but I think they're developing an U.N.C.L.E. movie.

by Anonymousreply 1709/14/2013

Agents of SHIELD

The Tomorrow People

by Anonymousreply 1809/14/2013

nothing. i usually wait for the dvds on my favorite shows.

by Anonymousreply 1909/14/2013

Once Upon a Time

Revenge

Betrayal

The Simpson

Family Guy

American Dad

Boardwalk Empire

Sleepy Hollow

The Originals

Supernatural

Modern Family

Arrow

Tomorrow People

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland

Vampire Diaries

Reign

Parks and Rec

by Anonymousreply 2009/14/2013

r17 Ilya was so handsome back in the day. Now he plays that old Ducky on NCIS.

by Anonymousreply 2109/14/2013

Coven, of course. All that overacting and scenery chewing that Ryan Murphy gets out of those old bags!

by Anonymousreply 2209/14/2013

I forgot to add Almost Human. I love, love, love Karl Urban. He should have been chosen to play Batman instead of Affleck.

by Anonymousreply 2309/14/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 2409/15/2013

Watched the pilot for The Goldbergs on Hulu. Wow, it stunk. I'll be shocked if it isn't cancelled within a few weeks. It's like an 80s 'Wonder Years' (without the charm) meets Everybody Loves Raymond. Wendi McLendon-Covey has done some great, funny stuff (especially loved her on Reno 911), but she's awful in this.

by Anonymousreply 2509/15/2013

[quote]I thought I might try the new Sean Hayes show, until I read an interview yesterday where he assured that the show wouldn't be "too gay." Well, fuck you, Sean. I'll assure you that your audience won't be too gay, either.

People who have seen the pilot have said that it's awful.

Anyone want to make a guess on the first show that will be canceled this season? My guess is Ironside or Back in the Game (ABC sitcom with James Caan).

by Anonymousreply 2609/15/2013

I'm going to be watching "American Horror Story" with my cat while sipping bourbon just like how I did for the two past seasons.

Frances Conroy is to be on ten of the thirteen episodes and I just adore her.

by Anonymousreply 2709/15/2013

Definitely Agents Of Shield

by Anonymousreply 2809/15/2013

Coven, Supernatural, A couple of shows that won't start until spring (like Mad Men).

I will be avoiding that Robin Williams/Sarah Michelle Gellar thing. The ads for it make me wanna punch a toddler.

by Anonymousreply 2909/15/2013

I will take a look at Reign, Ravenswood, Betrayed, Arrow, Modern Family and the revamped Revenge because I am sure some of my listed shows will be cancelled and others like Boardwalk Empire, Homeland and the new Masters of Sex only run for three months or less.

by Anonymousreply 3009/15/2013

American Horror Story: Coven The Amazing Race Person of Interest

by Anonymousreply 3109/15/2013

Masters of Sex looks too much like another Mad Men clone...think I'll pass.

by Anonymousreply 3209/15/2013

R32, it's getting excellent reviews though.

"By far the best new drama of the fall, this lush-looking, funny, and emotionally rich retelling of the lives and work of Masters and Johnson is acted with terrific verve and sensuality. It’s fantastic to see Caplan get the kind of complex starring role she’s deserved for years. And it’s even better to see Showtime develop a show that in tone, structure, subject material, and stakes feels like a clean break from the violent anti-hero dramas that have dominated cable programming to the point of exhaustion. Masters of Sex is a substantive look at Masters and Johnson’s sex research, but it’s fun, rather than dry. I just hope that, airing after Homeland, the show finds the audience it so richly deserves–and that Caplan gets recognized come awards season."

by Anonymousreply 3309/15/2013

Sleepy Hollow

American Horror Story: Coven

Grimm

by Anonymousreply 3409/15/2013

Homeland

Scandal

Shameless

by Anonymousreply 3509/15/2013

Castle

Person of Interest

Shark Tank. I usually hate reality show but as a self employed person myself I love this one.

Haven. Quirky little supernatural show on the syfy net where I've pretty much fallen in love with the town it's set in.

by Anonymousreply 3609/15/2013

Castle Elementary

Might give Dracula a try.

Not a big tv watcher overall. I tend to watch PBS more than anything if I do.

by Anonymousreply 3709/15/2013

I hope the Goldberg's bombs and ABC has to beg the cast of Happy Endings to come back.

ABC pisses me off. Cancelled 666 Park Avenue and Happy Endings.

I watch a couple of their shows (Grey's, Castle, Revenge. Scandal is on against another show I watch) so I don't watch much of ABC offerings

by Anonymousreply 3809/16/2013

SLEEPY HOLLOW TONIGHT!!

by Anonymousreply 3909/16/2013

Sleepy Hollow looks too scary.

by Anonymousreply 4009/16/2013

You people should watch less television and read a book sometime. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 4109/16/2013

I read several novels a month, thanks. I also watch a lot of TV.

They're not mutually exclusive.

by Anonymousreply 4209/16/2013

Of all the TV I watch, I just noticed that only one show (Grimm) is on NBC. There's not one single other show, new or returning, that I watch on that network.

My, how things have changed.

by Anonymousreply 4309/17/2013

I read plenty of books. I like to read in the afternoon, relaxing with a nice cup of tea. I don't watch tv in the daytime. I also read two daily newspapers and plenty of magazines. Why did you even come into this thread if you think watching television is a waste of time, r41? Oh, I know. YOU only watch the History Channel and PBS and The Lehrman News Hour. (cue snort of derision) Truth be told you probably stay glued to Bravo and the E!

by Anonymousreply 4409/17/2013

I do not watch any television at all, r44. I enjoy my literacy.

by Anonymousreply 4509/17/2013

I dont read and I don't even watch tv anymore. I just obsessively surf the DL and other websites.

by Anonymousreply 4609/17/2013

I'll watch the one with Rebel Wilson. Also want to see Hostages. As for returning shows, AHS, TAR, Homeland... not much else.

by Anonymousreply 4709/17/2013

R45, the only people more insufferably smug and annoying than the "I don't watch any TV at all" people, are those who brag "I don't even OWN a TV!"

(rolling eyes)

by Anonymousreply 4809/17/2013

R48 I'm perfectly literate, and I probably watch more TV than the average person.

I don't have cable, so in the summer my TV watching is around zero. But I've watched a couple of cable series online, and watched DVDs of other series. I watch the WilSon segments of Days of Our Lives online.

Someone who "don't even OWN a TV!" may very well be watching TV series online. You don't need to "OWN a TV!" to watch most of what's on TV nowadays.

Last night, I watched five hours of Jamie Dornan's BBC-Belfast series, The Fall.

I do not watch TV news. I get enough news online.

Starting later this month, I'll pick up where we left off with Scandal, Parenthood, Nashville, and The Good Wife. And I want to watch the new Dylan McDermott series.

Watching TV takes nothing away from one's literacy. I always have a book or two or three going. My main read this week is Ethan Morddern's How Long Has This Been Going On? My supplemental quick-picker-uppers are Joseph Albers' Interaction of Color and a biography of the man who "started the Holocaust," Herschel Grynszpan.

So I ask you, R45, do I [italic]sound[/italic] illiterate?

by Anonymousreply 4909/17/2013

The premiere of Masters of Sex is already online (check youtube). It was quite good.

The Goldbergs, on the other hand... Ugh. I've never seen so many shrill characters and performances in a single half hour. I'm giving it one more episode to see if they tone it down or I'm out.

Rebel Wilson's new show is supposed to be an unfunny disaster. Too bad because she's very talented.

by Anonymousreply 5009/17/2013

Bill Nye "The Science Guy" is on Dancing With the Stars. You should watch, r41. You might learn something:)

by Anonymousreply 5109/17/2013

Well, "Dads" was as bad as any of the sitcoms on CBS. "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" was OK, sort of a cop version of "The Office." Andre Braugher's character, the precinct lieutenant, is gay.

by Anonymousreply 5209/18/2013

Seriously, are the ads for that Robin Williams thing designed to keep people away? Peales of phony laughter at nothing, Sarah M Geller scrunching up her face because she is incapable of looking like anything but a bitch on camera and I LOVE the supporting player that wants to grab both of Robin's shoulders in a moment of revelry -- and then changes his mind to a masculine little pat as if afraid he will really get fired.

God, I hope there was at least some cocaine on that set. It looks miserable. Hopefully CBfuckinS will do to Williams what they did to Bette Midler, Geena Davis, etc. etc. ETC.

by Anonymousreply 5309/18/2013

The Goldbergs looks like it might be funny, I am a sucker for all things 80's plus it has George Segal

by Anonymousreply 5409/18/2013

"The Goldbergs" has been getting trashed by reviewers.

by Anonymousreply 5509/18/2013

Yu Na Kim with the Ice Follies at Madison Square Garden

by Anonymousreply 5609/18/2013

I enjoyed Brooklyn Nine-Nine and I normally can't stand Andy Samberg.

This season, I'm looking forward to Blacklist and the Michael J. Fox Show on NBC. Plus, I'm a big Megan Hilty fan so I'll watch Sean Saves The World. Linda Lavinia and Thomas Lennon are also big pluses.

by Anonymousreply 5709/18/2013

New: Masters of Sex, Sleepy Hollow, Blacklist. I saw the Samberg cop sit-com tonight, it was funny and has potential which shocked the shit out of me.

Returning: The Good Wife, Elementary, The Mentalist, Parks and Rec, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, Modern Family.

Scared of: The Sean Hayes thing, the Michael J. Fox thing, the Joss Whedon thing, the Robin Williams thing.

by Anonymousreply 5809/18/2013

Is Revenge being revamped? I might watch it then. Last year was a train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 5909/18/2013

I never noticed until this season just how unbearably obnoxious tv critics are. Have they always been like this?

by Anonymousreply 6009/18/2013

R60 is a writer from "The Goldbergs"

by Anonymousreply 6109/18/2013

Yes, r60. For many of them, it's a combo of jealousy and desperate need for attention.

by Anonymousreply 6209/18/2013

I must be in the minority but I never cared for Michael J Fox. Also I have seen the Betsy Brandt in interviews and she is just as annoying as her character on Breaking Bad. Will definitely pass on that show.

by Anonymousreply 6309/18/2013

I have never laughed once at Modern Family and that is critically acclaimed, so I don't much stock in reviews.

by Anonymousreply 6409/18/2013

r61 = aspiring TV critic (aka a blogger)

by Anonymousreply 6509/18/2013

We're a minority of two, R63. MJF has always set my teeth on edge. I didn't watch his '80s show much, but no matter what else he's done, I can't completely cleanse my brain of Alex Keaton.

He makes me absolutely nuts on The Good Wife. I'm so glad he has a show of his own now.

by Anonymousreply 6609/18/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 6709/21/2013

I missed last season's Vampire Diaries, but when I went to catch up, I found out that they're not making last season available on Netflix until the same day the new season premiers. How the fuck am I supposed to catch up before the new season starts? UGH!

by Anonymousreply 6809/21/2013

I'll be watching the Goldberg, but with trepidation. It has the potential to be another Wonder Years, if done right. But it could so easily go wong.

I'll sample the first episodes of Michael J. Fox, Sean Hayes and Robin Williams shows. Will also watch that one with Allison Janney. But I don't have very high expectations for any of them.

As far as dramas go, the ABC Sunday night series Betrayal sounds like it could be good. The fact its only a 13 episode season makes me more willing to give it a try.

I'll also watch the first episode of Agents of SHIELD and of Tomorrow People. Don't have high expectations for either of them.

by Anonymousreply 6909/21/2013

R69, Agents of Shield is likely to be like most Whedon projects... a slow burn. One episode isn't the one to judge by. Give it a few and see how it goes.

by Anonymousreply 7009/21/2013

I liked "Sleepy Hollow." Will check out S.H.I.E.L.D. (that was hard to type). Probably going to pass on Parks and Rec - the magic of Season 1 and 2 are gone. It's just full-out feminist doctrine for 22 minutes now about how we need to be worshipful of Leslie Knope. No thanks! :)

by Anonymousreply 7109/21/2013

Agents of SHIELD premieres tonight.

Any fellow nerds watching?

by Anonymousreply 7209/24/2013

I'm ready and waiting!

by Anonymousreply 7309/24/2013

Watching it now. Didn't see any of the movies, so not familiar with the characters, but so far it's okay.

Mostly watching because I love Clark Gregg.

by Anonymousreply 7409/24/2013

Tonight: Chicago Fire or Lucky 7.

by Anonymousreply 7509/24/2013

Regarding Lucky 7, didn't ABC do a series with a similar theme just a few years back? I remember it starred the heavy-set guy from LOST.

In any case, can't imagine Lucky 7 will be around for very long.

by Anonymousreply 7609/24/2013

Dads

We Are Men

because they had shirtless stars in their previews.

by Anonymousreply 7709/24/2013

Already loving The Goldbergs.

But I'm a Wendi McLendon-Covey fan from the Reno 911 days.

by Anonymousreply 7809/24/2013

I liked The Goldbergs. Will watch again next week.

by Anonymousreply 8009/24/2013

SHIELD was SOO lame. The flying car at the end? Gag.

by Anonymousreply 8109/24/2013

They should stop with the flying cars, bikes and other flying vehicles besides airplanes. For flying cars or bikes to happen, it gonna take more than a 100 years.

by Anonymousreply 8209/24/2013

Hello, I'd like to place a preorder for the S.H.I.E.L.D. flying car! In stores for Christmas? Whee!

by Anonymousreply 8309/24/2013

Umm, Hello...there's only a frickin' flying submergible jet carrier as part of S.H.I.E.L.D. cannon...

by Anonymousreply 8409/24/2013

S.H.E.I.L.D was so damn boring. I'm really disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 8509/24/2013

I thought SHIELD was fun.

by Anonymousreply 8609/24/2013

It's almost laughable how behind the times network tv is. You'd think 14 years after The Sopranos, not to mention the huge ratings of Breaking Bad now (plus Netflix), they tried something different. No, same old same old. Everything is so milquetoast.

by Anonymousreply 8709/24/2013

Was not blown away by SHEILD, but I'll give it more time. I've been really out of the loop about what's coming on..I am barely aware of Tomorrow People, Witches of East End, Almost Human and Reign, but they sound interesting...but I thought the same about Revolution, Grimm, and Once Upon a Time and I gave up on those after a whole.

The only sitcom I'm interested in is The Millers, just for Margo Martindale. I like Rebel Wilson, but Super Fun Night doesn't look very good.

I saw the pilot for Masters of Sex, and it was very good. Lots of male eye candy, too.

As far as returning network shows go, I still like Modetn Family and Parks and Rec (sorry, I still laugh every episode), Parenthood (sniff, sniff) and The Good Wife. I will try to watch Revenge if they are revamping it--I quit watching a little over half way last season. SO convoluted! Get back to the REVENGE, simplify the "mythology" and give Nolan a boyfriend!

by Anonymousreply 8809/24/2013

R88, you gave up on Grimm too soon. It really picked up.

by Anonymousreply 8909/24/2013

Lucky 7 was actually entertaining

by Anonymousreply 9009/24/2013

Was the guy in Lucky 7 the boyfriend of the big sister in 'Shameless'"

by Anonymousreply 9109/24/2013

That's fantastic R45. I just got my PhD in literature and would you believe that I still enjoy watching some television series? That's because I'm not a pretentious douche who waves their novel reading around as if it were a badge of honor.

I haven't seen anything new that remotely entices me. Happy Endings is gone, and Sons of Anarchy is a complete shitfest now. So it's AHS (entertaining until it inevitably falls apart in the last few episodes), Homeland, the very last episode of Breaking Bad, The Middle (best comedy on TV), The Amazing Race and maybe Modern Family, but I'm more likely to watch that whenever I get the chance. Oh, and Scandal, because it's fucking insane. And I will give Revenge a shot to see if it can keep itself clean after a pretty solid turn-around late last season.

by Anonymousreply 9209/25/2013

I watched THE BLACKLIST last night and hated it. Nothing but a HOMELAND rip-off without Clare Dane's superb performance on the show. The actress who played the heroine was incredibly shrill. James Spader was just annoying.

by Anonymousreply 9309/25/2013

I agree, R93, the female lead was definitely a Poor Man's Rose Byrne.

by Anonymousreply 9409/25/2013

The pilot for Mom didn't knock my socks off, but I like the cast & will probably give it a couple more episodes. I'll give the Millers and the Michael J. Fox shows a chance. Not interested in any of the network dramas.

by Anonymousreply 9509/25/2013

r91, no. That's Justin Chatwin. The lead on Lucky 7 is Matt Long of "Jack and Bobby".

by Anonymousreply 9609/25/2013

Thanks r96, couldn't place him but he is good looking

by Anonymousreply 9709/25/2013

R91 R96 R97 Matt Long is the reason I plan to watch Lucky 7. Was it good otherwise?

by Anonymousreply 9809/25/2013

Just looked up Matt Long and didn't realize he was on Mad Men.

I thought he was good in Lucky 7

by Anonymousreply 9909/25/2013

So what else has everyone been watching?

by Anonymousreply 10009/25/2013

I watched the first episode of Masters of Sex on Showtime on Demand and LOVED it. Great chemistry between Caplan and Sheen. Good adult entertainment. I also really like Sleepy Hollow. The second episode was actually better than the pilot. I tried watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D but got bored ten minutes in and switched to Dads. I hate to admit it but I actually like this show. After watching the second episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine I realized that I don't like Andy Samberg and Braugher's character is too dour for a comedy. Same with The Mindy Project. She really grates. I won't be back. I missed the premiere of Mom. I thought I could watch it on CBS on Demand but Lorre is stingy with his shows and it wasn't available. I foolishly tuned into Castle to see if Beckett accepted his proposal so I missed the first episode of The Blacklist but will catch up this week. Dancing with the Stars is a bad habit but this season is just weird. Still, I can't look away. Looking forward to Elementary, The Big Bang Theory, The Originals, The Witches of East End, Top Chef:New Orleans and AHS:Coven.

by Anonymousreply 10109/25/2013

Great R101!

MASTERS OF SEX is definitely on my must-watch, or at least must-watch once list. Glad to read it is getting positive reviews.

by Anonymousreply 10209/28/2013

The Tomorrow People was surprisingly good. I found it much better than Marvel's Agents of Shield.

by Anonymousreply 10310/10/2013

I'm really into Lucky 7 and We Are Men.

by Anonymousreply 10410/10/2013

r104 is making a funny.

by Anonymousreply 10510/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.