Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

de Blasio vs. Lhota: Who Will Be NYC's Next Mayor?

Seems people aren't sure now after looking at the map and results.

by Anonymousreply 10511/06/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 109/11/2013

No one likes a guy who'd let kitties die on subway tracks.

by Anonymousreply 209/12/2013

Are you joking? Weiner got more votes than Lhota in the primary. Hell be mercilessly crushed.

by Anonymousreply 309/12/2013

bamp.

by Anonymousreply 409/12/2013

R1- more wealthy whites voted for di Blasio than any of the other Dems. Dems outnumber Republicans in NYC 6:1. Even with slippage, di Blasio's got this one.

by Anonymousreply 509/12/2013

This has been a weird election. I wouldn't rule anything out.

by Anonymousreply 609/12/2013

I think Lhota's going to win. Reason? LOWER TAXES...

by Anonymousreply 709/12/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 809/12/2013

Joe Lhota kind of looks like a younger version of the BTK (bind, torture, kill) serial murderer Dennis Rader, don't you think?

by Anonymousreply 909/12/2013

Lhota actually has some decent managerial credentials. DeBlasio seems like a smart, caring guy with good ideas -- I just don't know how good he is at running things.

I have lived in some severely malfunctioning elsewheres and to me NY runs well, especially considering how big it is. I don't take this for granted but I think a lot of NYers do. I'm willing to give Lhota a look.

by Anonymousreply 1009/12/2013

r9, thank you!

by Anonymousreply 1109/12/2013

R10 = moron.

by Anonymousreply 1209/12/2013

I expect De Blasio will win. The NYC voters, collectively speaking, seem to want a contrast to Bloomberg as mayor. De Blasio qualifies there, more than Lhota does. Similar to how Obama won the presidency in 2008 despite not seeming that qualified for it, by representing such a total change from Bush.

by Anonymousreply 1309/12/2013

Did Bloomberg ever come out of the closet?

by Anonymousreply 1509/12/2013

I lived through Dinkins. Not again, thanks. I'm voting for Lhota.

by Anonymousreply 1609/12/2013

Real estate tax relief is tops in my book. Way too high for my co-op.

by Anonymousreply 1709/12/2013

The Dinkins years were the best, R16. How silly!

by Anonymousreply 1809/12/2013

Dear God. Lhota has the charisma of subway platform. I can't see him winning.

by Anonymousreply 1909/12/2013

God, I saw Joe Lhota on tv this morning. What a bore! The guy is like human ambien.

by Anonymousreply 2009/12/2013

[quote]Why is no one talking about Lhota's lisp?

Yeah, seriously.

by Anonymousreply 2109/12/2013

[quote]Real estate tax relief is tops in my book. Way too high for my co-op.

Which candidate is best for that?

by Anonymousreply 2209/12/2013

It's "de Blasio" NOT "De Blasio" NOT "DeBlasio".

I'm giving you the evil eye, r10, r13.

by Anonymousreply 2309/12/2013

I think NYC would be much more interesting if some of the seediness returned. I wish I had been around during the "Midnight Cowboy" days. The city looked so vibrant back then. Times Square looks like a section of Disney's Epcot now.

by Anonymousreply 2409/12/2013

Word, R24. It's too antiseptic and chain-store now.

by Anonymousreply 2509/12/2013

I'm ready for it now

by Anonymousreply 2609/12/2013

If deBlasio wins it will certainly revert back to it's criminal past.

by Anonymousreply 2709/12/2013

[quote]I think NYC would be much more interesting if some of the seediness returned. I wish I had been around during the "Midnight Cowboy" days.

Oh, god, the resident "1980s queen" is back. Honey, go to a country where homosexuality is banned. You'll love it. You'll have to hide and fuck in dark alleyways, like the good old days.

by Anonymousreply 2809/12/2013

Here's my thoughts - DB wins & NYC reverts to how it used to be before Giuliani cleaned it up.

The poor come back to Manhattan.

WS leaves. They are already leaving for lower prices areas like Utah. No one needs to be in NYC anymore. The city will return to it's dangerous 80's/70's self.

RE values plummet.

by Anonymousreply 2909/12/2013

[quote] The city will return to it's dangerous 80's/70's self.

That sounds divine. I love the old 70s movies set in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 3009/12/2013

Being in charge of the MTA is not a decent managerial skill, it's an utter failure and liability.

by Anonymousreply 3109/12/2013

[quote]Lhota will win so the city can appeal that stop-and-frisk decision from a month ago.

Nobody but Bloomberg and few NY Post-reading troglodytes wants that decision appealed.

by Anonymousreply 3209/12/2013

Full-blooded De B. vs. bloodless bureauc. Lhota.

US will rise in second half of decade.

by Anonymousreply 3309/12/2013

[quote] Oh, god, the resident "1980s queen" is back

Oh god, the resident idiot queen is back, who thinks Midnight Cowboy was an 80s movie.

by Anonymousreply 3409/12/2013

[quote] The poor come back to Manhattan.

The poor never left Manhattan. The middle class did. They were forced out.

But hey, if you think the poor left Manhattan under Giuliani and Bloomberg, be my guest and move into the Thomas Jefferson Houses or the Polo Ground Towers or the Alfred Smith Houses. There are scores of housing projects in Manhattan. Go live in one and tell me what a good job Giuliani and Bloomberg did in removing he poor from the city.

BTW, there are half a million people on waiting lists to get into these horrible projects.

by Anonymousreply 3509/13/2013

[quote]It's "de Blasio" NOT "De Blasio" NOT "DeBlasio".

Unclench, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 3609/13/2013

[quote]If deBlasio wins it will certainly revert back to it's criminal past

As opposed to all the white collar criminals of today?

by Anonymousreply 3709/13/2013

[quote]The Repub.

Not looking too likely, r1.

by Anonymousreply 3809/17/2013

For Future Reference: OP has spelled Bill's name the way he does, de Blasio. The first two letters are NOT capitalized. Grazie.

by Anonymousreply 4009/17/2013

Oh yeah, NYC should TOTALLY slash their property taxes by binding referendum. Then we could go bankrupt like California!

by Anonymousreply 4109/17/2013

What exactly has Lhota managed well,r10? The NYCTA is, for the most part,is a self run entity with no other competitor. I worked for the TA for many years and trust me-a lot of those well paid positions are unjustified, mostly occupied by nepotistic means. And rich people- like Paul McCartneys current wife, sit on the board! Wtf???! When was the last time- if any-that she rode a subway?

by Anonymousreply 4209/17/2013

Who are all these people, I mean zombies, who have been bought by and into the PR machinery of corporations? OK if you are all millionaires and Bloomberg and the banksters have been good for you. Not admirable but OK - we understand you want to protect your zillions.

Business is run inefficiently and greed must be legislated. Think of the common good, of civic values, the commonweal. Stop mouthing how businesses and management are so wonderful. See where that has brought the country to.

De Blasio all the way.

by Anonymousreply 4309/17/2013

For those of you who want NYC to return to the 1970s, you need to lay down your crack pipes. Seedy glamour is only in movies.

The reality is that it was a very dangerous time. Recently, we have seen hate crimes against several gay men including two who have died. We do not need to go backward with high crime levels but move forward with crime being stopped before it happens.

by Anonymousreply 4409/17/2013

[quote]Oh god, the resident idiot queen is back, who thinks Midnight Cowboy was an 80s movie.

Oh, honey, you can do better than that.

by Anonymousreply 4509/17/2013

[quote]Recently, we have seen hate crimes against several gay men including two who have died.

Yeah, under Bloomberg, who isn't a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 4609/17/2013

Calm down ladies. Violent crime has dropped dramatically in all major cities across the US in the past 20 years (except Detroit). Same in Western Europe. Has nothing to do with Guiliani/Kelly/Bloomberg. LA, under very liberal mayor Villaregosa= even bigger crime drop than NYC.

by Anonymousreply 4709/17/2013

deBlasio is like Obama. Both community organizers and little experience in government. "Change" is their keyword. Beware!!

by Anonymousreply 4809/18/2013

If de Blasio is anything like President Obama, NYC will be lucky to have him as mayor.

by Anonymousreply 4909/18/2013

I'm just looking forward to a "former lesbian" as First Lady in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 5009/18/2013

Lhota has absolutely no chance. None. DeBlasio is NYC's next mayor.

by Anonymousreply 5109/18/2013

Might I point out that de Blasio is ahead in the polls by [bold]FORTY POINTS[/bold]?

So, yeah. Short of de Blasio having a Weineresque meltdown, Lhota's not happening.

by Anonymousreply 5209/18/2013

I think when/if de Blasio wins he's going to disappoint many because reality is a lot more complicated than he seems to presenting it as.

This isn't to say Lhota's any good, but de Blasio is going to have to be very flexible and keep an open mind.

by Anonymousreply 5309/18/2013

de Blasio will ruin the city. Hold on to your seats because we will be the next Detroit.

by Anonymousreply 5409/18/2013

Do people who have to pay $15 to cross a bridge think Lhota is the bees knees?

by Anonymousreply 5509/18/2013

r54 is a Goldman Sachs gofer

by Anonymousreply 5609/18/2013

Personally, I'd welcome the return of a little crime and danger to the city. It might actually become an interesting place again, particularly if some of the trust-fund babies, Eurotrash, and pussyboys like r44/54 are scared away.

by Anonymousreply 5709/18/2013

R57, if you're discussing who to vote for with some people who seem to be undecided I'd suggest you don't use as an argument in favour of de Blasio "if he gets elected, crime might go up a little and the city become dangerous again".

by Anonymousreply 5809/18/2013

Who will deBlasio appoint as Police Commissioner? He doesn't want Ray Kelly and Bill Bratton was Giuliani's guy. Before Bill we had Dinkins's chief, Lee Brown.

by Anonymousreply 5909/18/2013

Gee thanks for the tip, r58. Very important point to keep in mind, what with this election being so close, and the huge number of undecided voters I know ....

by Anonymousreply 6009/18/2013

You're right about de Blasio's huge support, r60. So many people must be looking forward to the rise in crime and dangerous conditions that you're hoping a de Blasio win will usher in.

by Anonymousreply 6209/18/2013

I WANT WEINER!!!

by Anonymousreply 6309/18/2013

The NYC election will not be decided on DL. Having said that, who is idiotic enough to think that gay constituents will vote for Lhota or whatever his name is?

by Anonymousreply 6409/18/2013

R59 Supposedly de Blasio likes Bratton and he's on his short list to become commissioner. A sign that Bill might be the most left wing mayor in NYC history BUT he doesn't want to return to the high crime 70s/80s. At least in a subtle way.

I find it funny that de Blasio's real name is William Wilhelm.I wonder how much he'll be like a Kaiser Wilhelm.....

by Anonymousreply 6509/18/2013

[r61] tell us about your experience. Liar.

by Anonymousreply 6609/18/2013

[quote] You're right about de Blasio's huge support, [R60].

Indeed, r62, I am. He's about 40 points ahead in the polls.

[quote] So many people must be looking forward to the rise in crime and dangerous conditions that you're hoping a de Blasio win will usher in.

I doubt that, but then, I never suggested people were supporting de Blasio for that reason. Further, while I personally would not mind a less safe city, I never said—and don't predict—that we're actually going to get that under de Blasio.

by Anonymousreply 6709/18/2013

No one who has relied on the subway and lived in the boroughs is going to vote for Lhota.

by Anonymousreply 6809/18/2013

Everyone who keeps linking "liberal mayors" to "high crime" should be ignored. This was debunked earlier in the thread—declining crime was a general phenomemenon of the last few decades and is not tied to mayoral politics anywhere; indeed, it started going down in NYC under Democrats and continued under Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 6909/18/2013

I was born here r57.

Leisurely enjoying my rent stabilized 2 bedroom West Village apartment for which I pay $950 per month.

by Anonymousreply 7009/18/2013

Yay!!! I'm going to be a volunteer for de Blasio, making phone calls from home. YES!

Fingers crossed that he will be the start of getting real Democrats back in office across the country, not bogus ones like Obama, Pelosi, Reid and most of the current Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 7109/20/2013

Check out today's NY Times article on de Blasio...Sounds like he was a Che Guevara revolutionary in 1988...Just what NYC needs...Soft on Policing, Redistribute the Wealth, Raise Taxes...Moscow on the Hudson?

by Anonymousreply 7209/23/2013

[quote] Then we could go bankrupt like California!

Perhaps you haven't heard but California has a surplus now. ANd hasn't filed for bankruptcy.

Nice try though, troll.

by Anonymousreply 7309/23/2013

Thanks, R61/R72. Commie baiting for Lhota is a great way to swing DLers to de Blasio.

by Anonymousreply 7409/23/2013

[quote]For those of you who want NYC to return to the 1970s, you need to lay down your crack pipes. Seedy glamour is only in movies.

"glamour"?

I love when the trolls out themselves without realizing.

by Anonymousreply 7509/23/2013

Trying to memorize lyrics to Worker's Internationale. Might come in handy under De Blasio reign:

Just we, the workers of the world-wide, The mighty army of labor, To own the planet have a true right - But the parasites — never! For too long we've endured exploitation, Too long we've been the vulture's prey. Farewell to days of condemnation! The red dawn brings a bright new day! Forward, brothers and sisters, And the last fight let us face; The Internationale Unites the human race! Forward, brothers and sisters, And the last fight let us face; The Internationale Unites the human race!

by Anonymousreply 7609/23/2013

r76 take it back to Freeper Land. Nobody here gives a shit about your psychotic right wing diatribes.

by Anonymousreply 7709/23/2013

That chicken's ass has to be getting sore by now, R76.

by Anonymousreply 7809/23/2013

Our next Mayor? Che Guevara?

Mr. de Blasio became an ardent supporter of the Nicaraguan revolutionaries. He helped raise funds for the Sandinistas in New York and subscribed to the party’s newspaper, Barricada, or Barricade.

by Anonymousreply 7909/23/2013

R76: so apparently you don't think that chicken's ass is NEARLY sore enough.

De Blasio is ahead by forty points. Commie-baiting chicken-fucking is three steps beyond pointless.

Please stop. You're just embarrassing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 8009/23/2013

Oh R72, don't worry about redistributing the wealth. I'm sure you hold onto your ill gotten gains so tightly no poor person could slip between it and you.

I know it's so much better when wealth gets redistributed from the middle class and the poor to the rich but sometimes fairness rears its ugly head and than awww, life just sucks for people like you, doesn't it.

by Anonymousreply 8109/23/2013

41% of all taxes in NYC were paid by the 19,000 who made more than $1 million in 2011. Easy enough to buy a bungalow in Boca and change their legal residence to avoid deBlasio's 4% increase threat.

by Anonymousreply 8209/23/2013

When he gets into office crime will skyrocket the exact same day. Watch. NYC is going to return to criminalapalooza.

by Anonymousreply 8309/23/2013

I meet with Blasio's people Wednesday to begin volunteering for him. I'm doing phone calls in the evening. Who knows, maybe I'll be calling up someone here from DL. Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 8409/23/2013

Yes, I'm so sure criminals/potential criminals are paying attention to the election and determining how many iPhones they will still based on who wins the race.

by Anonymousreply 8509/23/2013

*steal

by Anonymousreply 8609/23/2013

You do realize that Lhota has a gay past in his background that he's tried to cover up unsuccessfully, right? No doubt it's him and his screws posting here.

by Anonymousreply 8709/23/2013

Lhota does ping, r87. Still, I don't think the DeBlasio campaign would go there. He doesn't need to either. He is talking about substantive issues and it's hitting a nerve with New Yorkers. His Leftie background can only help him. New York IS a Tale of Two Cities. And when most of us are spending 1/2 our take home pay for rent he doesn't have to do too much convincing. Michael Bloomberg is the gift that keeps on giving for DeBlasio. Lhota is another Bloomberg. People have Nanny fatigue and want something new. And the bullshit that crime is going to rise dramatically? Bratton will be the Police Commish if DeBlasio is elected and he did just fine. New Yorkers like him, too.

by Anonymousreply 8809/24/2013

de Blasio's wife is a self-proclaimed dyke.

by Anonymousreply 8909/24/2013

R82, you aren't educated at all in the issue.

To declare Florida residency, you have to spent more than half the year there. And be able to prove it. I have a friend in that situation and he has to meticulously track and document his movements.

Having an NYC address and declaring Florida residency is a big reg flag for the IRS.

by Anonymousreply 9009/24/2013

Actually, r90 it's a big red flag for 'the state of ny taxation department'. The IRS could give a rat's ass.

Believe me, the state of ny tax dept are ruthless assholes who set their own rules of proof of a person's whereabouts. They assess exorbitant penalties on top of unreasonable expectations of proof. What really ices the cake is the fact that many of the auditors can hardly speak English.

R90 is absolutely correct in that one needs to keep meticulous records, and my own experience is to force yourself to make itemized, traceable purchases in your outside NYC location, or you will literally get hosed by their extortion tactics.

by Anonymousreply 9109/24/2013

According to a new poll by Quinnipac and reported by the AP, de Blasio leads Lhota by 71% to 21% among likely voters; another 2% are for the Independent and 5% are undecided.

Among white voters de Blasio leads 55% to 40%; among black voters 90% to 6%; and among Hispanics 79% to 10%.

by Anonymousreply 9210/03/2013

The Daily News runs negative articles on DeBlasio just about every day. What a shit newspaper.

by Anonymousreply 9310/03/2013

Ditto the Post.

by Anonymousreply 9410/03/2013

Rag sheets aren't making a dent. I make calls for de Blasio campaign. 95% of those I've spoken with are for de Blasio.

by Anonymousreply 9510/03/2013

De Blasio will win don't Forget Lhota call PAPD mall cops!

by Anonymousreply 9610/22/2013

It's so funny that the Lhota campaign is using the same voice over actor on their campaign ads that Direct TV does. "Don't let DeBlasio take us back to the bad old days, get Direct TV." What an out of touch elitist Lhota is. Anyway, DeBlasio is leading 76% to 24%. Lhota is gonna get his ass whupped but good. I hope Christine Quinn is taking a lesson. Start representing the interests of all New Yorkers and extricate those real estate moguls dicks from your played out hole. We need affordable housing not more luxury high rises that set aside ten apartments out of 180 for the "middle class". And believe me, they are still have the run of the plantation.

by Anonymousreply 9710/22/2013

To all of the posters who long for the pre-Disney days when New York was gritty, crime-ridden, dirty and smelly, fear nor more. Those days are coming back with DiBlasio. It's been 20 years since a dyed-in-the-wool liberal has run this city, and we're about to go back to those days.

Hurray!

by Anonymousreply 9810/22/2013

Dinkins, oops I mean de Blasio most likely. Its easy when he's promising the poor and desperate free shit that they won't need to work for. This will definitely not end well.

by Anonymousreply 9910/22/2013

[quote]t's been 20 years since a dyed-in-the-wool liberal has run this city

You mean right around the same time crime started to drop?

Facts: they have a liberal bias.

by Anonymousreply 10010/22/2013

r98's post left out one thing:

"NEGROES ON THE LOOSE! EEEK!! NEGROES! NEGROES!"

by Anonymousreply 10110/22/2013

Thank you all those who are posting against de Blasio to let us here on DL know we should be honored NY'ers in the top 1% post here. Now please take your rich racist asses and jump out your high rise windows before the horror of everyone getting a fair shot in NYC returns.

by Anonymousreply 10210/22/2013

Damn, OP, thanks for alerting us to what a close one that election proved to be. For a while there, I almost thought Lhota might crack 25% of the vote.

by Anonymousreply 10311/06/2013

Why does Blasio remind me of coats? Is there a coat designer by that name?

by Anonymousreply 10411/06/2013

Bill Blasio designed coats for the Blasioton Coat Factory.

by Anonymousreply 10511/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.