Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Those Glamourous Gabors:Bombshells from Budapest"- new book

Just published on 9/10.

I'm definitely checking this one out at the library.

Any fun stories about the Gabors that you remember? Favorite TV appearances? Anyone ever met one of them?

Zsa Zsa always seemed to have a great sense of humor.

The link below is not to the info for the book, but is a funny clip of Zsa Zsa with David Letterman from the mid-90s.

by Phil Petrillo's ghostreply 1909/21/2013

Zsa Zsa is a friggin hoot. Love her.

by Phil Petrillo's ghostreply 109/11/2013

Eva was used as a beard by Merv Griffin in her last years. When it came time to "take care of Eva," Merv didn't. Bastard.

Zsa Zsa was so uncouth compared to her sister. She was almost a drag queen. As with Eva, you couldn't shut her up. But Zsa Zsa was louder and meaner than Eva. She was a snob and really not a very nice person. Nonstop talker.

by Phil Petrillo's ghostreply 209/11/2013

They pioneered the using upper and lower eyeliner "wings" to make their tiny eyes appear larger.

by Phil Petrillo's ghostreply 309/11/2013

I still remember what a big deal it was when Zsa Zsa slapped that cop. And how hot the cop was, when he came into court, to 'recreate' what happened.

by Phil Petrillo's ghostreply 409/11/2013

Eva's hotscakes sucked.

by Phil Petrillo's ghostreply 509/11/2013

Zsa Zsa with Barbara Cartland:

by Phil Petrillo's ghostreply 609/11/2013

Mama Jolie was a character in her own right. She used to throw "unveiling parties" for her periodic facelifts.

by Phil Petrillo's ghostreply 709/11/2013

"The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out..."

by Phil Petrillo's ghostreply 809/11/2013

At least Zsa Zsa was entertaining - not like that twit Paris, who seems to be lacking any sense of humor, or have one interesting thing to say. Vapid bird-faced POS.

by Phil Petrillo's ghostreply 909/11/2013

I remember Zsa Zsa on the Merv show, laughing and joking. Then Merv brought up George Sanders and Zsa instantly filled up with tears and couldn't speak for a while. Merv realized his mistake and went to commercial. When they came back on, the subject had been changed.

The sisters were devoted to their glamorous Mom and she lived like a Queen for most of her long life.

by Phil Petrillo's ghostreply 1009/11/2013

Eva was the best babysitter a mother could ever wish for. She loved Arnold as if he were her own.

by Phil Petrillo's ghostreply 1109/11/2013

Zsa Zsa talking about the Prince.

by Phil Petrillo's ghostreply 1209/11/2013

I was living in Palm Springs when Mama Jolie died. The paper listed her age as 104 or 105. The Gabors always lied about their ages and I thought Holy Shit, the old trout must have really been 160.

by Phil Petrillo's ghostreply 1309/11/2013

Oh Christ, it's written by Darwin Porter, which immediately renders its credibility null and void. It also clocks in at a mere 750 pages.

If you want a hoot, search out mama Jolie's memoirs (called [italic] Jolie Gabor [/italic])ca. 1975, co-written with Cindy Adams.

by Phil Petrillo's ghostreply 1409/11/2013

Zsa Zsa was always interesting on talk shows. I saw Eva in "Tovarich" with Jean Pierre Aumont. It was a thoroughly enjoyable show and Eva could really dance up a storm.

by Phil Petrillo's ghostreply 1509/20/2013

It's amazing that Zsa Zsa is still hanging in there.

by Phil Petrillo's ghostreply 1609/20/2013

[quote] Just published on 9/10

Who is going to buy this book? I can't imagine that most people even know who Zsa Zsa is

by Phil Petrillo's ghostreply 1709/20/2013

Fuck you, dahlink.

by Phil Petrillo's ghostreply 1809/21/2013

A family friend used to own and operate a flower shop in NYC MANY years ago. He serviced many late/great celebrities. George Sanders (both pre and post Zsa Zsa) was one of them. Whenever her name came up he'd say, "She was just a pig!"

by Phil Petrillo's ghostreply 1909/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!