Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Frau memory loss

Is it normal for a 49 yearold frau to not have any memory of their teen and twentysometing years?

menopause? molestation? normal?

by Anonymousreply 2509/11/2013

That's really odd. Sounds like a stroke or early Alzheimer's.

by Anonymousreply 109/09/2013

Drugs, OP, look at the years/decades you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 209/09/2013

Yes, OP, it's a routine occurrence for a person in their 40s to forget the first 20 years of their life.

by Anonymousreply 309/09/2013

she wasn't druggy in those years...I don't know about afterwards though

r3 did you even read the post? dummy

by Anonymousreply 409/09/2013

Be careful, OP. Threads are being deleted right and left that even SOUND like they may be critical of fraus. Beware.

by Anonymousreply 509/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 609/10/2013

I had a friend that had very few memories of her childhood and teens. I thought it was odd that she seldom ever mentioned her childhood.

by Anonymousreply 709/10/2013

Any history of head trauma (accidents, etc)?

by Anonymousreply 809/10/2013

Maybe nothing happened? Some people just exist.

by Anonymousreply 909/10/2013

Because they're stupid

by Anonymousreply 1009/10/2013

1. cult

2. drugs

3. witness relocation candidate

4. hatched fully formed as a 30 year old woman

5. Aliens

by Anonymousreply 1109/10/2013

she did get hit in the face with a baseball once, maybe r8 is right.

by Anonymousreply 1209/10/2013

[quote]I had a friend that had very few memories of her childhood and teens. I thought it was odd that she seldom ever mentioned her childhood.

Probably because it was a very unhappy childhood, R7. It's common for people to "forget" bad childhoods, less common for it to extend into their teenage years but it happens. The OP's friend "forgetting" her twenties as well is uncommon and actually quite weird.

by Anonymousreply 1309/10/2013

My highly functioning older sister (she's a Nurse Practicioner), has no memory of her childhood years up to about 18.

We were severely abused by both parents. To make matters worse, when she was about six, our father threatened her real mother out to move out of state with death threats, she was not allowed to mention her real mother, and she was forced to call my mother "Mom" as if hers had never existed.

So I've always assumed dissociative amnesia. Children are resilient and this is what worked for her. My other half-sibling committed suicide. My half-brother took off across country and never looked back, but he's an alcoholic.

Me, I just have PTSD and anxiety that gets worse as I get older. I wish I had the amnesia.

by Anonymousreply 1409/10/2013

I hope you are correct R5.

There's so much blatant hatred of women spewed from our elderly DLers, it's sickening to anyone under the age of 50.

by Anonymousreply 1509/10/2013

What type of questions have you asked her, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1609/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 1709/11/2013

I don't remember.

by Anonymousreply 1809/11/2013

She just doesn't want to be interrogated by you OP. Many people have no interest in recalling their childhoods because they were uneventful, or painful in some way, and they've accomplished so much since.

I personally find adults who constantly talk about their childhood and teen years as creepy and stunted. I want to say, "have you done NOTHING these last 20 years?" People who constantly re-live the "glory days" of high school are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 1909/11/2013

In the old days, it would be rare to find a 50 year old with any memory of school days. Why? Because their lives are busy and filled with priorities and incidents. It is different now because we live unorganized lives of boredom and anomie, passing time with mindless entertainment and unsure of what role if any we really have in a world which is more and more only for the rich.

by Anonymousreply 2009/11/2013

R19 you're talking about a mental illness not normal development.

by Anonymousreply 2109/11/2013

I don't remember my childhood. Never have. I have no dementia or brain damage. Nothing traumatic happened. Just not everyone imprints everything the same. I know people who can give you dates and times of childhood events. Their childhood was precious to them though and those events held meaning. I've never been one to focus on the past. I'm not sentimental and I tend to always look to the future. I think that's part of it.

by Anonymousreply 2209/11/2013

If it's not neurological (stroke, head injury), it sounds like something she's decided to forget, whether it was molestation or something else. I know someone who went through a religious conversion and acts like he didn't exist before a certain age (about 24, when he got religion). If you reminisce with him, he'll say he doesn't remember, which is ridiculous because he wasn't a bad person then, much less evil.

by Anonymousreply 2309/11/2013

You say that R22, but we know the real reason: guilt. You were a bully and you stepped over lots of people to get where you are today. You aren't fooling anyone.

by Anonymousreply 2409/11/2013

r14 I'm curious if you're a Mad Men viewer, and if so, how much of yourself do see in it?

by Anonymousreply 2509/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!